Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21: Twist & Shout

Team Scorpion’s mission to recover the remains of fallen Marines in Vietnam is threatened along with their lives when a deadly tornado heads directly towards them.

I had to watch this on mute because family phone call, but the tornado CGI was laughable and mercifully brief. One looke like a blender cropped and enlarged.

I did get to hear the part with the widow getting the dog tags, which was cool.

• Love 1

They shock and amaze us weekly with the magical travels throughout Los Angeles as if via tesseract, now they're flying betwtixt continents daily. I know they're super genuises and whatnot but even if you're wickit smaht, jet lag fucks with you. Or I guess we're supposed to surmise they never stay in these places long enough to adjust to the time? They should still be more messed up from this. People must have a fucking teleporter. (but if they did then they wouldn't need to run away from tornados would they?)

Ugh. I know it's not new and yet I still find it too distracting. Please, sure, yes, give me ridiculous action I'm not expected to think about too much. But how long it takes to get from point A to B is taking too much of my energy with this show.

• Love 4

A little dry ice and no tornado? Oh please, show. Was I the only one who thought they should kick their heels three times together and say, "There's no place like home?"

Navy Seal is a better match for Paige, except that I like him, and hate to see him go that route.

I may be a cold stone bitch but I don't think it's worth risking several people's lives to retrieve remains. Guess I side with Walter on that one.

I did have a favorite moment, besides the ones with Happy and Toby. When Walter was trying to figure out how to get the chip out of the machine and the guy who hired them just whacked it against the computer. For the win, dude!

I also liked Indignant!Ralph. He's alive!

• Love 4

Having put off surgery for 6 years for a full-thickness tear of a rotator cuff in my shoulder incurred dragging luggage through airports, I find it hard to believe that both Walt and Paige do not now have similar injuries. Of course, Cabe didn;t suffer any face swelling, lost teeth, or broken ribs after being tortured last week, either.

• Love 2

Anyone else think that they might be introducing new guy in case Robert Patrick wants a break from the show - or someone else to get tortured? :P

New homland guy is tolerable.

• Love 2

Anyone else think that they might be introducing new guy in case Robert Patrick wants a break from the show - or someone else to get tortured? :P

Yes, plus fight and chase scenes. Cabe's too old for that stuff. I think of Provenza on The Closer and in Major Crimes: "I don't run." Of course, Cabe is in better shape.

Robert Patrick is a respected actor, so he might also want to have more time to appear in other projects.

I think I've figured out why this show is so successful (ratings are decent): it combines action with sentimentality and is just a little wacky, so it's kind of a mix of all the most intense biological soup (adrenaline, romantic chemistry) while skating the exact line between humor and drama. It's not possible to take it too seriously, but it aspires to "good values" and still gets the lizard brain engaged. It makes nerds into action and romantic heroes (combining the current fashions of nerd cool and superhero revival) but you don't have to be an intellectual to watch it, either. It's like they pulled one element from every genre and mashed it all together.

• Love 9

I think I've figured out why this show is so successful (ratings are decent): it combines action with sentimentality and is just a little wacky, so it's kind of a mix of all the most intense biological soup (adrenaline, romantic chemistry) while skating the exact line between humor and drama. It's not possible to take it too seriously, but it aspires to "good values" and still gets the lizard brain engaged. It makes nerds into action and romantic heroes (combining the current fashions of nerd cool and superhero revival) but you don't have to be an intellectual to watch it, either. It's like they pulled one element from every genre and mashed it all together.

Every week there comes a moment when my daughter looks at me and says, "MacGruber!"  It is way outside the bounds of believability, but it's fun and there's enough lightness of tone to compensate for the outrageously ridiculous plot points.  Still enjoying it, but they're balancing on a very thin wire.  

• Love 2

OK, first of all, the US uses the Enhanced Fujita scale for tornadoes, so that F4 classification and the accompanying wind speeds Sly was talking about are almost ten years obsolete. Second of all, while there have been tornadoes in Vietnam before, they're not common and would never be that strong. There are very few places in the world where F4 or EF4 tornadoes occur or have occurred, and Vietnam is not among them. And making it dissipate with dry ice? No. I know this show is ridiculous, but the meteorology nerd in me just couldn't with that crap.

• Love 8

OK, first of all, the US uses the Enhanced Fujita scale for tornadoes, so that F4 classification and the accompanying wind speeds Sly was talking about are almost ten years obsolete. Second of all, while there have been tornadoes in Vietnam before, they're not common and would never be that strong. There are very few places in the world where F4 or EF4 tornadoes occur or have occurred, and Vietnam is not among them. And making it dissipate with dry ice? No. I know this show is ridiculous, but the meteorology nerd in me just couldn't with that crap.

Yeah I kept thinking there would dry ice factories covering Oklahoma if that actually worked. That said I think the whole mess was worth it for Happy's line about mean girls in the orphanage. Its just hilarious (and a little bit sad) thinking of a tiny Happy scaring girls with dry ice.

• Love 3

Yes, plus fight and chase scenes. Cabe's too old for that stuff. I think of Provenza on The Closer and in Major Crimes: "I don't run." Of course, Cabe is in better shape.

Robert Patrick is a respected actor, so he might also want to have more time to appear in other projects.

Bet if people as a whole don't like new Homeland guy they would have a revolving door of homeland... interns until they found one the fans liked, or could tolerate :P

Yeah I kept thinking there would dry ice factories covering Oklahoma if that actually worked. That said I think the whole mess was worth it for Happy's line about mean girls in the orphanage. Its just hilarious (and a little bit sad) thinking of a tiny Happy scaring girls with dry ice.

Well they talked about "why don't they just do this in the midwest???"

they used some technobabble like "oh well it only works because of the topography of this valley it funnesl the air because look at the shape of it"

It depends on whether he sticks around next season or if it's just a small arc near the end of the season.

OK. The tornado was supposed to be a mile wide. That thing looked like it was hardly that. Walter picked up the "dry ice" with his bare hands. Without saying ouch. I thought the widow seemed a little old for Vietnam era, though I guess they could have been older than the 18-20 year old draftee.

I liked Walt being moved by the widow's sense of closure. I liked the back-up hat. I always enjoy Happy's obligatory, "Not good." It's a fun hour, and I laugh with my kid about the ridiculousness.

• Love 2

Defeating a tornado with dry ice.  Of course that would work.  I missed it, but how did they even have all the dry ice around in the first place?  Still, that still wasn't as unrealistic as Walt and Paige managing not to get blown away by that tornado.  Because Walt is apparently strong enough to hold onto a tree and Paige's hand. He really is a superhero!

Scott Porter's character continues to grow on me, although I hope he isn't replacing Cabe since Robert Patrick is one of my favorite things about the show.  Then again, with him and Paige finally going out and Walt trying to give it another go with Linda, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just here to keep preventing Walt/Paige from "happening."

I would have been disappointed in Toby if he didn't have back-up hats.  With all the shit that Team Scorpion gets put through, it was only a matter of time.

Walter realizing why closure is important for some was a nice enough way to the end of episode.  As usual though, the question how much of this will actually stick with him.

• Love 1

Defeating a tornado with dry ice.  Of course that would work.  I missed it, but how did they even have all the dry ice around in the first place?  Still, that still wasn't as unrealistic as Walt and Paige managing not to get blown away by that tornado.  Because Walt is apparently strong enough to hold onto a tree and Paige's hand. He really is a superhero!

Scott Porter's character continues to grow on me, although I hope he isn't replacing Cabe since Robert Patrick is one of my favorite things about the show.  Then again, with him and Paige finally going out and Walt trying to give it another go with Linda, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just here to keep preventing Walt/Paige from "happening."

I would have been disappointed in Toby if he didn't have back-up hats.  With all the shit that Team Scorpion gets put through, it was only a matter of time.

Walter realizing why closure is important for some was a nice enough way to the end of episode.  As usual though, the question how much of this will actually stick with him.

I think it was the gigantic bags the contractors had for their dumpster

and a pipe the contractor had just run to the site, with CO2 I think

Such mixed feelings. I adore Sylvester. I completely ship Happy and Toby and love watching them together.  But is it so much to ask that just one of these weekly disasters takes Walter and Paige out? Drown them, nuke them, boil them, send them to Oz...we can keep Ralph. Ralph is cute. But please either kill those two or gag them. 

• Love 3

CGI OMG lol was it done in MS Paint? lol

The scene with mother did kick me in the feels though.

Am I the only one who finds Navy Seal guy too... perfect? I want to like him, the show is force feeding it, and the actor is very easy on the eye, but i can't get over how contrivedly awesome he is. I wonder if he healed Paige's bruise with his touch..

• Love 1
On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 1:37 AM, Voice of Joy said:

I may be a cold stone bitch but I don't think it's worth risking several people's lives to retrieve remains. Guess I side with Walter on that one

I particularly liked the "We want to wreck your MRI machine so we can detect dead bodies! Because dead American GIs are more important than living Vietnamese!" Granted, the machine might have gotten trashed by the tornado anyway. (OK, to an extent I can understand KNOWING that your husband/father/whatever is dead rather than just missing does make a difference, but not that much of one). Also, couldn't believe that the tunnel the people from the hospital hid in wasn't used by our heroes in the end. It was Chekov's Tunnel! It has to be useful!

• Love 1