Type keyword(s) to search

Wynonna Earp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, raven said:

I don't remember that either and I thought she was not actually in Purgatory when he went to her. 

The revenants can leave Purgatory. They're confined to the Ghost River Triangle, which is a larger area with more cities in it. In fact, the spa in Friday's episode wasn't in Purgatory either. So Rosita could have been somewhere else when Doc found her, as long as she hadn't left the Triangle. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Cranberry said:

Wynonna said she meant everything she said... so it's still OOC to me.

I don't remember everything specifically that was said but I remember W calling Doc selfish and I could believe her thinking that about him.

21 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Why was the scene done that way?

I looked at it as a joke between them since W had just said he would be by her side when she broke the seal and he asks if she promises that, so she says "I do". 

They're confined to the Ghost River Triangle, which is a larger area with more cities in it.

Oh that's right, thanks!  Now that I recall, Wynonna in the show's premiere was attached outside of Purgatory when she got off the bus.

I don't know why they decided to overload this episode so much. There were way too many plots:

• Waverley and Rosita
  • Dolls & Jeremy going after the Tucker sisters
  • Tucker stalking Waverley
  • Wynonna trying to talk Doc into giving up the ring
  • Wynonna and Doc being exposed to the demonic painting/doll

The last one is the worst offender. They wasted a great combination of two horror tropes (painting come to live - creepy doll) which could have made a pretty good A-plot for a whole episode. Even worse it influenced what should have been played straight and without any demonic interference: the conflict between Doc and Wynonna. That scene should have been about the characters only... maybe then the writing would have felt more natural.

• Love 3

Not a terrible episode or anything (its been a strong season in general) but definitely a weak episode, mainly suffering from having too many plots at once, which felt like we were rushing through important events and conversations, when any of these plots really could have/should have been the A plot of a better episode. I think the worst offenders were the Doc/Waverly plot and the out of nowhere Rosita/Waverly thing.

Waverley/Doc is especially frustrating, because that plot had so much promise, and while it wasn't awful or anything, it seemed like a wasted opportunity. We have two of my favorite horror tropes (living painting, creepy doll) and the doll and the picture were sufficiently unnerving, plus a satanic looking guy selling Doc the picture, but they just seemed like afterthoughts. We didn't even get a really good conversation between Doc and Waverly, when this should be a pretty big issue between them. Wynonna was so flippant about asking Doc to give up his immortality, when she would normally know that, even though she might not be asking him to instantly drop dead, she is asking her friend/possible baby daddy to give up his immortal life, after spending most of it trapped in a well, and this is a really big thing to ask of him. If she had been more compassionate about it, Doc probably wouldn't have been so angry. Granted, she isn't wrong that Doc should eventually probably give up his immortality if it means the possible rising of a demon who will kill tons of people, but they should at least look for other options, or at least bring it up with more tact.

Rosita and Waverly seemed super random, and I don't think Waverly would kiss another women, even if she was pissed off at Nicole. Nicole had her reasons for what she did, and maybe she should have told Waverly right away, but if they talked it out, this all could have been avoided. Rosita being a Revenant actually doesn't bother me very much. We established in season 1 that some Revenants weren't so bad (the gay couple, Waverley's friend) or felt remorse for what they had done in the past, so I can buy that Rosita is a nice Revenant who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I do question how that tracks up with her super scientist backstory/skills. I guess online classes are quite extensive.

I am glad that creepy Tucker is gone, and that at least one of the sisters is alive. Hopefully its the Fun Bitchy one!

• Love 1

I've been rewatching (I can't seem to stop) and the Ghost River Triangle does include part of the 'big city' according to a season 1 episode so it's possible that part includes a university. If Rosita has never been caught by an heir (a fairly safe assumption since she doesn't act like someone who has spent a lot of time in hell), she's had plenty of time to earn those PhDs (I have no idea how she would have dealt with the paperwork, however).

And, Doc and Rosita did not discuss her being a revenant when he offered her the job. Doc offered her 'protection' in exchange for her help.

• Love 2

Holy Shit!!!  What an episode. That's how you come back from a crappy episode, you come back strong. As soon as Waverley made that deal without knowing the price, I knew she F'ed up. Nice call back to the Buffy-like episode. Poor Doc. Now, where's Wynonna? I have to be honest, Rosita is a stand-up woman, and she doesn't deserve to die

• Love 2

Agreed, that was great. It was a little convenient to give the Blacksmith a twin sister, but I'll forgive it because, like a lot of fans, I was annoyed when they killed off the Blacksmith and I'm happy to see the actress back. The episode was action-packed with great little moments for everyone. I'm glad Nedley made it, as I was fully expecting him to die, and I love that we not only got to see Nicole's cat, but that a) her name is Calamity Jane, b) Doc seems to know and like her, and c) Nedley loves her and would be her new owner should anything happen to Nicole!

I'm glad the Nicole/Waverly fight is over and that Nicole survived AND that the wife seemingly isn't being set up as competition for Waverly. And I'm looking forward to next week's episode; I'm always a sucker for those "what if" type of stories where people get to play different versions of their characters.

Here's the postmortem for this episode! I like that Andras mentions the Buffy episode "The Wish" as one of her inspirations for the next episode, as I really enjoyed that one.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cranberry said:

I'm glad the Nicole/Waverly fight is over and that Nicole survived AND that the wife seemingly isn't being set up as competition for Waverly. And I'm looking forward to next week's episode; I'm always a sucker for those "what if" type of stories where people get to play different versions of their characters.

Here's the postmortem for this episode! I like that Andras mentions the Buffy episode "The Wish" as one of her inspirations for the next episode, as I really enjoyed that one.

This is like season four of "Fringe" when Peter Bishop disappears and nobody remembers him. Basically, it's a twist on the classic, "It's a Wonderful Life" meets "BtVS". I'm with you, Cranberry, in that they happily did not introduce a triangle of Shay-Nicole-Waverley. However, there are a few things that I don't understand (and I'm grateful that it's only a "few" things because there is some wacky Three Stooges like shit going on): Why did Wynonna give  the ring to Nedley when that takes the ring off of the Homestead? How did The Blacksmith's sister (Greta), know where the ring was being kept and not Mercedes herself?  What the Hell does that common dinner plate have to do with anything?  When was the reference made that the 3rd seal was with "The Law"?  Of the people who could be recognized as "The Law", why choose Nicole and then Nedley, when the most obvious person holding the ring, who could be considered "The Law" was Wynonna herself? Mercedes herself, opined that since "The Law" might be Nicole, and then failing that, the next person to be confronted was Nedley? What the Hell kind of linear thinking was that. I know it's just TV but at least throw some logic in there.

Waverley broke her promise to Rosita that she wouldn't tell Wynonna that Rosita was a Revenant just ONE episode ago! Way to go Waves. What was Wynonna going to say when Waves told her she kissed Rosita just before she refocused on the fact that Rosita was a revenant? Was she wondering if Rosita was Bi? There was a thought/question there but it was dropped when the Revenant reveal was mentioned. Wynonna's look to Dolls when that reveal was made was ominous. Wynonna does have to kill Rosita, and Rosita had that perfect "deer in a headlights" look when Peacekeeper Peacemaker made its appearance.

Edited by Jacks-Son
Peacekeeper-Peacemaker, I'm re-watching "Farscape"
  • Love 2

Geez wynona was shitty to Rosita... And Doc... Big ups to Jeremy for standing up to her defending Rosita tii bad we prob won't hear of it again as she'll be missing parts of nxt week and when they eventually get her back it'll be happy days again... 

• Love 1

I hate alternative universe plots where the hero disappeared - I know that's a lonely hill to stand on.

So Jeremy and Dolls knew about Rosita all along? Was that ever mentioned before? I really liked Jeremy this episode - calling Wynonna out for forcing his hand like that.

How did The Blacksmith's sister (Greta), know where the ring was being kept and not Mercedes herself?  

The Iron Witch made an incantation in (let's be generous and call it) German to find the ring - actually she was just asking to find what could save 'that life'. Since it was an iron ring and she's the Iron Witch it worked (Waverley also mentioned that there's too much iron in Nicole's blood). So Iron Witch can find iron ring but Spider Widow can't *handwaving*

Does Doc know Rosita is a revenant? I think they indicated he did but I'm not sure. It could not have been mentioned before that Jeremy and Dolls knew because then we would have known. Right?

Oh, no, Doc in the well again! 

Regarding the ring: why didn't Doc just keep it on his finger until Wynonna was ready to use it?

As for having an alternate reality episode, I'm optimistic. The only bad thing might be that evidently both Doc and Wynona will be absent.

• Love 1

Why did Greta wish Doc back in the well and Wynonna to disappear? She must blame them for the death of her twin, but I don't recall them having anything to do with her death. I get that the twins are magical, but are they both Revenants?

I think Doc was just collateral damage because he tried to interfere with the spell. The main target was Wynonna - in the very garbled German (seriously even Grimm's magic German was better and that's saying something) Greta referred to Wynonna as 'my enemy'. No idea why,

The Order is the most useless secret demon fighting society since The Initiative. What have those guys done except safeguarding antique china? Stop wasting Brendan Fehr show!

47 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

The Order is the most useless secret demon fighting society since The Initiative. What have those guys done except safeguarding antique china? Stop wasting Brendan Fehr show!

LMAO, the Initiative, that's hilarious. I remember Buffy routinely kicking their collective arses.  Riley was the worst, besides that book nerd who said being with her was too dangerous.

Yeah, The Order serves no purpose other than possibly being used as a Deus ex Machina.  This is one of my main complaints about this show. Things and people are introduced haphazardly and without an explanation. It's good that they held back destruction of the trophy for use in this episode but all that has done is reset Purgatory to its state before Wynonna's arrival, but Greta doesn't get her sister back and Wynonna was trying to clean up the town. Unless Greta likes Purgatory the way it was when Bobo was around, why wish for that. Speaking of Bobo.........?

Edited by Jacks-Son
On 8/12/2017 at 5:50 AM, Jacks-Son said:

However, there are a few things that I don't understand (and I'm grateful that it's only a "few" things because there is some wacky Three Stooges like shit going on): Why did Wynonna give  the ring to Nedley when that takes the ring off of the Homestead? How did The Blacksmith's sister (Greta), know where the ring was being kept and not Mercedes herself?  What the Hell does that common dinner plate have to do with anything?  When was the reference made that the 3rd seal was with "The Law"?  Of the people who could be recognized as "The Law", why choose Nicole and then Nedley, when the most obvious person holding the ring, who could be considered "The Law" was Wynonna herself? Mercedes herself, opined that since "The Law" might be Nicole, and then failing that, the next person to be confronted was Nedley? What the Hell kind of linear thinking was that. I know it's just TV but at least throw some logic in there.

-Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Homestead's protective force would keep out the witches. -Greta has a special sense when it comes to iron so she was able use a spell to figure out where the seal was (if that ring was made out of copper I guess Waverly would have been out of luck). Mercedes' spell was concentrated on finding the person who had the seal. I can't tell you why the outcome was so vague as opposed to just telling her that Nedley had the ring. 

-In one of the earlier episodes it was revealed that the dinner plate belonged to a former Earp heir and there is a special design that is painted on the plate but they've never revealed how it could help fight the witches. 

-I'm pretty sure that the reference to the third seal being "The Law" was made at the beginning of this episode and it made sense to me that the witch would go after Nicole and Nedley because they're police officers who are also close to Wynonna. I wouldn't think of Wynonna as the law, at this point she's basically a demon hunter who works out of the police station. 

The Witches are Spider Demons, so I don't think they can pass the threshold marking the homestead. Greta had to know that the ring was iron otherwise her spell wouldn't work. How would she know it was made out of iron when nobody even knew what the 3rd seal was? I can buy Mercedes torturing Nedley if her spell directed her towards him, but that is somehow circular reasoning and brings me back to the question of why would Wynonna give the ring to Nedley in the first place.

So, the dinner plate has a special design that I think Jeremy was working on, but the Order took it away and somehow gives it back to Dolls to help with the Witches but doesn't explain how it works?

Wynonna has been deputized by Dolls and the Black Badge Division. She carries a badge and showed it to the doctor when she went to see Nicole.

• Love 1

When was the reference made that the 3rd seal was with "The Law"?  Of the people who could be recognized as "The Law", why choose Nicole and then Nedley, when the most obvious person holding the ring, who could be considered "The Law" was Wynonna herself? Mercedes herself, opined that since "The Law" might be Nicol

Whenever the Witches have done their thing with the rings, they're shown a location. This time 'Mercedes' also got a message at the same time (I can't remember who she said) that directed her to the law. So I think the spell sent her to Nicole's which led her to believe Nicole had the seal (logical). After realizing Nicole didn't have it and being chased off, 'Mercedes' later came back and found Nedley there. Since he's also the law and was in the right place, it made sense for her to conclude he had the ring. 

I can't explain why Wynonna gave the ring to Nedley instead of hiding it on the homestead, however.

Do we think Doc's ring was contributing to his luck in cards (and potentially other areas)? He was definitely having an off day.

24 minutes ago, akg said:

Do we think Doc's ring was contributing to his luck in cards (and potentially other areas)? He was definitely having an off day.

Good point! I did not even think about that. He was losing at cards and even at the high-card draw when he drew a 3 against a Queen. That's an odd ring that gives you immortality and good luck. I guess the two may go hand in hand as you need the latter to provide the former.

As far as the rings go, I forgot about the casting of the rings that gave them directions. Not very accurate as far location goes, but correct as far as Nedley.

Damn it Waverley, you could have waited ten minutes! Oh this is bad. Looks like we get an Alternate Universe episode next up, it sounds like fun! Poor Doc though, I hope they get him out of the well soon. But I guess because he isn't immortal anymore, he might just die of starvation or thirst. Yea?

I really liked Jeremy in this episode, I loved him calling out Wynonna about her treatment of Rosita, and him being so understanding towards Waverley. He works just fine as comic relief, but I appreciate letting him do something else sometimes.

I feel like we are being had in regards to Waverly's parentage. Bobo made comments about the fact that Waverly was too young to be the heir not that she couldn't be. He also said that she wasn't exactly of pure lineage whatever that means possibly something done in regards to revenant parentage.

• Love 1

Yeah, he made it sound like she was still an Earp... but he's said before that she's not, so I have no idea. 

I kind of wanted this to be a little more bonkers than it was, but I liked it. I was surprised that literally all of the good guys "died"! I liked that Jeremy got to be a part of the final three; for a brand new character, he's fitting into the gang really well (same with Rosita, really). It was fun to see just how into Waverly Nicole ended up being after having the chance to actually become her friend... and I guess she'll remember that Waverly finally said "I love you" to her, huh? I also enjoyed, "Listen, I can't really talk; I'm in a barn wired to explode. Also, I think I'm gay; call you later?"

EW's postmortem for this episode.

TV Junkies interview with Emily Andras.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cranberry said:

I also enjoyed, "Listen, I can't really talk; I'm in a barn wired to explode. Also, I think I'm gay; call you later?"

My favorite line of the episode. Even changing reality can't keep Nicole and Waverly apart. I don't really care about Wynonna's love interests, but I love Nicole and Waverly's relationship.

• Love 4

I've only gotten to watch a couple of the episodes live, and I wished this hadn't been one of them. First off, Wynonna is my favorite character, so an episode (mostly) without her was boring for me. Especially since she has most of the funny lines. That said, they gave Nicole a lot of funny lines, and that helped with my liking the episode. I like Dolls, though coming into this episode I did wonder how we would even notice any change in him. There was a bit of change, but unfortunately not in his mumbling, lol.

Unpopular opinion, I dislike Doc and really dislike Waverly. So I was glad that the writers broke up who was still alive in each act. Also I thought it was a nice twist that the lgbt squad made it to the end. Random thought, as much as I dislike the fire squad guys, where were they when Doc's gang was taking over Purgatory? This episode had a lot going on, so I get not including them, but it seems weird since they've spent a chunk of the season showing how 'dark' they are when it comes to killing demons and people when it's about Purgatory.

I really enjoyed seeing Perry again, and how the Iron Witch still wasn't happy- like if she had been part of the demon hunters, she would know that making a wish on that trophy would have never worked. Props to the person who came up with the idea to have Perry be the fiance and not Champ, I don't think anyone wanted to see Champ, much less see Waverly trying to have married him so many times.

I don't like Bobo. The only time I found his scenes even remotely tolerable was some of the ones with Willa- and none of the ones with Waverly. I'm not looking forward to him being back. I hope he dies in the finale. Since I had to just watch Helena give birth on Orphan Black, I'm not looking forward to the same on WE, though OB chose that storyline for themselves, so maybe there won't be all the usual shenanigans when it comes to Wynonna giving birth.

I hope there's a way to save Mercedes, I really love her character, especially as a friend for Wynonna. The actress is pretty good, her scenes in this episode should have been super cheesy, but they weren't for the most part. Here's hoping that Jeremy and Rosita make it- I've really come to enjoy their scenes. That reminds me of something I thought during the episode, since Rosita is a demon, and Wynonna has to kill her, I thought it was cool that last night she got to "go out" making her own decisions.

• Love 1

Well, it wasn't quite as crazy as I hoped it would be, but it certainly had its moments, and it was still a cool What If style episode. I did miss Wynonna, but I liked seeing everyone in next contexts, and how much of an effect Wynonna has on the people around her.

Wow, they had Doc and Dolls actually kill each other! It was weirdly sweet how, when he was dying, Dolls was saying how he felt like he had killed his friend, and not an enemy. I'm just a sucker for their "we totally cant stand each other even though we are basically best friends" dynamic. Just hug it out guys!

I also continue to enjoy Jeremy's crush on Doc, but hopefully he will find a nice, available guy somewhere soon. Doc is pretty hung up on Wynonna, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Waverly's wedding outfit looked like she was about to engage in some kind of pagan fertility ritual.

• Love 2

This was a lot of fun.  Nicole crushing on Waverly in the beginning was so cute.  I missed Wynonna but I liked seeing more of Jeremy and I liked him working with Nicole and Dolls.  We got to see Rosita do more so that was good as well.  Glad Doc got out of the well quickly.  Sorry Jeremy, find another guy, it's not going to happen for you there.

I'm kind of over Bobo and it feels like retreading with him back.  I wish they would just explain Waverly's parentage already.

4 hours ago, william0102 said:

I hope there's a way to save Mercedes, I really love her character, especially as a friend for Wynonna. The actress is pretty good, her scenes in this episode should have been super cheesy, but they weren't for the most part.

I agree on all counts; she's doing a good job, both when she was kind of bitchy friend and now as scenery chewing witch.  I'd like to see Mercedes back somehow.

From the TV Junkies interview linked above, Emily Andras says in response to a question about getting  resolution with the baby (going to spoiler just in case)

Spoiler

"You will get some resolution with the pregnancy and “the baby.” "

I wonder why the quotes around "the baby".  There may be some other kind of glamor at work and Wynonna isn't really pregnant, maybe?  I hope so, the show doesn't need a baby.

Meh, this episode did nothing to mitigate my hatred for alternative reality story-lines quite the contrary. The best thing I can say about it is that it's over.

Edited by MissLucas

It was all about the Cult of Bulshar and had photos of lots of people lying dead. Not great!

A lot of stuff in this episode made no sense to me (such as Peacemaker glowing blue again and Waverly being able to shoot, but not kill, Rosita), but I'm glad the baby was not a demon and that it got out safely. I figured Mama Earp would be showing up at some point; I'm interested to see who they get to play her!

Entertainment Weekly postmortem.

TV Junkies interview with Emily Andras.

TV Junkies interview with Melanie Scrofano.

I never thought Bobo was Waverly's father. I don't understand why Wynonna thought that either. When she went through her spirit vision, she was the cause of Bob's fixation on Waverly. So Wynonna has heard the name Bulshar before and what does her mother have to do with it. He's been in the ground for over 100 years long before mama Earp was born. Why was she so sure and how does she know so much? My theory Waverly isn't adopted. Why would any family adopt when  they in such a precarious position as targets for demons. Ward probably isn't the father but mama Earp may still be mother which solidifies Waves and Wynonna's blood sisterhood. Also what if mama Earp is a distance Earp cousin who's still of the bloodline. It could explain some of the widows comments.

• Love 2

As usual I was utterly confused by the end of the episode. Reading the postmortem helped to clear things up a bit but I'm not a fan of shows who force me to read interviews and reviews to lift the mist of so many plot points. At least now I know that Dolls and Nicole are in cahoots together because the way they glared at each other during that last scene I was thinking that Officer Hought had figured out some dark secrets about him and wanted to take him out and he knew that she knew. And that made no sense.

Did Dolls go full Targaryen on the Order? What a waste of Brendan Fehr. And Jeremy's special because of his accident? And Doc has been to hell? Sure why not. All great twists for season 3 but for the love of God fix the sound editing! As for Waverley: If she's not half-revenant maybe all that Angel talk by Bobo needs to be taken more literally - although it was inspired by Wynonna. Bobo also calls Waverley 'pure' in a way that's probably relevant to her blood-line. Enter this show's version of Castiel *cough*

Mad props to Melanie Scrofano for playing that heart-wrenching scene four days before giving birth!

As for Mama Earp: you need someone bad-ass with fantastic hair - my vote goes to Mary McDonnell (alas, she's probably too expensive plus she's already got a regular gig).

Edited by MissLucas
3 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

At least now I know thats for Waverley: If she's not half-revenant maybe all that Angel talk by Bobo needs to be taken more literally - although it was inspired by Wynonna. Bobo also calls Waverley 'pure' in a way that's probably relevant to her blood-line. Enter this show's version of Castiel *cough*

I didn't even think about Waverly being part-Angel. The kin part would also make sense if you go by some demons being fallen angels.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

All great twists for season 3 but for the love of God fix the sound editing

This is why I never watch the show without closed-captioning. This has long been a complaint of mine ever since I watched the pilot and couldn't understand most of the dialogue (and especially when Doc is talking) and it just ruined my enjoyment of the episodes. Thank God for subtitles. (This applies to all SyFy shows that I watch: Killjoys and The Expanse. Someone over at SyFy needs to fix their sound editing/mixing for all their shows because it's a serious problem.)

Loved this finale, probably the show's best episode this season. Definitely a lot of great storylines for next season (it's going to be a long wait). Kind of heartbreaking to see Wynonna and Doc part with the baby just to keep her safe. Very sweet that Wynonna named the baby after her mother and Doc's own mother. The twist with Mama Earp being alive? Did not see that coming. Should be interesting to see who they get to play her.

I was disappointed to see Rosita betray (I use that term loosely) the Earps by threatening to take Wynonna's baby, but at the same time, I sympathize where she's coming from because Wynonna did threaten her a few episodes ago that she was eventually going to kill her. In any case, I would like for Rosita to come back next season because I enjoy her and the relationships she has formed with the rest of the gang.

As for Waverly's parentage, I think she shares the same father as Wynonna, but he had an affair with another woman and got pregnant with Waverly. She dies at childbirth and he took her in and Mama Earp was kind enough to accept the baby as her own. That's my headcanon.

I love WayHaught, but hearing that portmanteau uttered on the show was a bit much.

3 hours ago, unicorn23 said:

As for Waverly's parentage, I think she shares the same father as Wynonna, but he had an affair with another woman and got pregnant with Waverly. She dies at childbirth and he took her in and Mama Earp was kind enough to accept the baby as her own. That's my headcanon.

Huh--my headcanon is the other way around;  I always just figured that Mama Earp had an affair and Waverly was the result.  For me, it explained why Dad Earp pretty much ignored Waverly, and gave Child Willa a motive for disliking Waverly--to Willa, Waverly was the reason the parents' relationship deteriorated.

I do think the show's solution for the baby was a good one.  Team Earp slinging around Alice while killing demons and other hijinks just would not be easily workable, and that would put someone constantly on baby duty.  Sending her off to live an anonymous life with Gus was a reasonable way to resolve that plotline.

So Dolls and Nicole are conspiring?  That sailed right over my head.  Do we have any clue about what?

Edited by Mari
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mari said:

I do think the show's solution for the baby was a good one. 

I agree but I'm very sad Jeremy never got to meet her. He was so excited about babysitting. 

When Bobo mentioned Waverly being 'kin', I started wondering if one of her parents was distantly related to Robert Svane. 

Did Dolls go full Targaryen on the Order? What a waste ...

If this is the end of the Order, I really resent the screen time they took up this season. I'm pretty sure their presence wasn't necessary and their actions could have been covered in other ways. I don't really need to see more of them though so I'd be ok if we could all forget their existence.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MissLucas said:

As usual I was utterly confused by the end of the episode. Reading the postmortem helped to clear things up a bit but I'm not a fan of shows who force me to read interviews and reviews to lift the mist of so many plot points.

Yeah. I think that Emily Andras is an intelligent woman who does a great job managing her cast and crew (it's clear that everyone who works on the show loves it) and who writes amazing, strong characters and fun dialogue. My one big issue with her is that she tries to lean way too far toward showing and not telling. That's an admirable goal -- exposition almost always sounds bad, no matter how well you try to write it -- but when your show's not making sense without your Word of God clarifications after the fact, it's a problem.

Lost Girl (where she was a consulting, then executive producer) was much, much worse for this than Wynonna Earp is; I actually had to stop watching Lost Girl in season five because I literally could not understand what was happening in some of the episodes, and I'm not a clueless or inattentive TV viewer by any means.

• Love 5