Type keyword(s) to search

Lost Girl - General Discussion

mad_typist
  • Start Topic

So we went from having 1 black character to 2 (a black woman is OBS a "voodoo priestess" who talks like that!) to 1 to none.  

Yay?

When Kenzi said "We have all the time in the world!" she might was well have turned to the audience as said "He's toast now!"  That, coupled with her stupid mama-drama made this one of the most boringest episodes ever.

Question... think when the new season hits next year we could do Canadian and U.S. episode threads or something?  This show usually has a big enough gap between original and U.S. airings that it's not like just waiting a day or two like Castle.

EDIT:  Nevermind.  It occurs to me that with separate episode threads instead of just a general gabbery, that point becomes moot.  Character threads could get ugly, though.

Edited by millahnna

I first watched this when it aired in Canada, and this is what I posted then:

I don't even understand what's happening on this show anymore. I honestly do not understand one single thing. I just... Queen Bee "The One" what? Vex as Massimo's foster parent what? Massimo and The Morrigan "mother" what? Lauren turning a Fae into a human with her magical vagina and books writing themselves and women of the horse and burning tarot cards and a knight and hand-binding and forced self-immolation and Bo's father the Pyrippus and Rayner and the origin seed and curses with fail-safes and peanut butter and screwdrivers and diphthongs and chlorophyll and now I am just writing random words and my post still makes more sense than that episode did.

My opinion has not changed.

• Love 5

I've long ago stopped expecting this show to make sense and accepted that this show is just racy, silly fun. Though, I'm not feeling how for the entirety of the series, Bo has been Ms. Nobody Tells Me How To Live My Life and now she's all of a sudden, hey, it's my destiny, guess I'll just roll with it.

• Love 3

I agree that the show used to make more sense. It just doesn't make any sense anymore. My favorite part is Kenzie, who seems to make a little sense. Everyone else, and all the storylines just make me go, "Wha?"

Plus, they jump so quickly from one scene to another. Finally, the chick who played the warrior who went evil was a really, profoundly bad actor. I mean, it was not good enough to be campy there. Yikes.

I miss Bo. The one who used to be my favorite character, anyway. Seems that version of her is long gone. Angry, grieving Kenzi is dangerous and interesting, though. You could feel the loathing just from looking at her. I can't say I really miss Hale. He's been written differently since last season and jarringly so this season in the name of a romance plot with Kenzi. Bah, I always saw that as a half-assed "pair the spares" situation anyway. Rainer just lounged/stood/bearded around all episode, looking mildly concerned. I've liked Kyle Schmid as an actor since his Blood Ties days (where he played another vampire named Henry), but he's wasted on this show. Most of these characters haven't been well-served lately, but Ksenia Solo does a fine job of making me forget about it during her scenes.

The Morrigan is still fun to watch at least. Ironic that Lauren used her Dark-given measure of freedom to sleep with Evony for subterfuge, considering she slept with Bo while under strict orders from the Light to keep an eye on her in season one. Apparently she takes naturally to duplicity no matter the side, if it involves sex. Just because Evony wanted to kill Bo or whatever. Come on, the Morrigan has a lively personality. Does she really deserve to lose her powers because Bo's life is in danger? That crap happens every week. Pick your battles, Lauren.

I feel embarrassed for the actor playing Massimo. Last season he was sleazy, and it worked for the character. Now he's just plain gross and pathetic. I really wonder why they cast the actor to play the Druid last season if they changed him into a completely different character this season. Watching him clinging to Vex as he comically reminisced about stabbing Massimo with forks when he was a child made me realize that maybe the writers haven't thought Massimo all the way through. I guess he's supposed to be wacky. Black humor only hits the mark with clever writing, though...

Still shocked that this was renewed for another season. I used to love it in a "season one Buffy" way. Now it's nearly unrecognizable from that quirky, heartwarming, supernatural cheesefest. Someone remind the writers that they're not penning Shakespeare and that this show will never ever generate the gravitas they're so desperate for. Stop killing off characters and throwing in implausible plot twists and ending on stupid, unsatisfying cliffhangers. It's not going to make Lost Girl a better show. They're only gonna ruin the good things that still remain. Next week's episode should be called "Cold Turkey" because if it's anything like this one was, I'll be done with Lost Girl.

I am so so confused.  First Bo was trapped on some train, she meets the Wanderer whom she loves now? There was some memory loss, something about Trick writing in blood, or is it something about history being rewritten? WTH show?  And now Bo's daddy is the big bad? 

As to this episode, grieving & angry Kinsey rocked.  And Lauren somehow taking away the dark's queen's power is just stupid.  That's all it takes, whip up a quick potion, seduce and then poof - no powers.  In case I missed it, was it even mentioned that Tamsin and Dyson hooked up last episode?

Ksenia Solo is still killing it, but this season is just all over the place. At this point, the only acceptable explanation is that Bo has been taken over/replaced by something/someone else ala the kitsune, because she's being written as an entirely different character.

It doesn't surprise me that Lauren would use sex to get what she needs. As a human among all these supernatural creatures, that and her science brain are the only weapons she has.

Evony and Kenzi continue to rock out as two of my faves.  The rest of the ep, though...eeesh.  A day later, and I can't remember half of what I watched...it was all a blur.  I was so glad to see Bo getting called out, though. I'm pretty much over Bo's complete self-absorption.  I get it, you're an abandoned succubus with mommy and daddy issues and you don't want anyone to tell you what to do but you're so conflicted, I get it. In the meantime, other people exist.  I was cheering for Kenzi when she let Bo have it, because poor Kenzi has really gotten screwed all season long. 

Speaking of screwing...I think Lauren really opened a Pandora's box of problems when she Magic Snatched Evony's faeness away. That's going to be a serious issue when that formula gets into the wrong hands, and starts getting used freely as a weapon or punishment.  

I think the general nature of the posts on this thread sums up the fact that we have so little coherent to say about the episode(s). 

Racy, silly fun would work if it was either racy or silly. They can put Bo in as many low cut tops as they want and shoot her top-only to ignore the baby weight, but she's not coming off as the sultry vixen no one can avoid. Lauren can entangle herself as much as she wants, but she's sort of a black hole of inconsistency so I don't know what to do with her anyway. And silly...the "two girls against the world" buddy stuff used to be the best humor. Now we don't see it. 

This last ep of the season tried to resolve too much that was only intro'd recently. Too much without explanation didn't work for what the show used to be and just loses viewer interest. 

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's first four seasons. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

If someone has a better sub title please let me know and I will edit away. I am at a loss right now.

I attended the Lost Girl panel at Fan Expo this past weekend in Toronto. They said that the final 16 episodes will be broken down into 2 blocks. The first 8 will air starting in December, but the second 8 won't be on until next fall.

Just finished netflixing this series. I'm unhappy with how season 4 played out. Did the show get new writers?

I think, of all the things that bother me about the finale, what bothers me most at the moment is that after Lauren and Bo take out Massimo, they stand around shooting the breeze for 10 minutes even while Dyson and Trick and Tamsin are battling a constant stream of undead hordes. Which Bo is well aware of, because she's the one who told Dyson to hold them off for her (while also guarding Kenzi at the same time, somehow). But by all means, Bo, take an extra minute to crack jokes with your ex-girlfriend and kiss her a couple times. It's not like the people who love you and are risking their lives for you might need you or anything.

I maintain that the director and editor even find that reprehensible, because they keep cutting back and forth between the massive, deadly battle and Bo's little chat with Lauren. The battle is so massive, in fact, that the revenants have started to turn on each other; just look at all the extras fighting each other in the background. The way this episode is edited makes it clear to me that I'm supposed to be impatient and frustrated with Bo. She's not openly committed to a polyamorous relationship; she just can't make up her damn mind. So we have to see her have a "special, private moment" with every character that's in love with her every time some shit goes down, no matter how obviously bad the timing is for such a moment to take place. It's strange writing.

• Love 1

I still have yet to hear how big of a role Ksenia Solo is going to have this season. Or even if she's in it at all. She's kind of my only reason for wanting to finish this shit show out. That said, she's already on to greener pastures. She was added to the cast of the new season of Orphan Black and I couldn't be more happy for her. I see big things in her future. She was always the best actress on this show anyway. 

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s244/orphan-black/news/a612532/true-bloods-james-frain-lost-girls-ksenia-solo-join-orphan-black.html

• Love 3

I don't think they've said how many episodes, no. We just know that she'll play Shay, “a soulful and compassionate holistic healer with a great sense of humor destined to become a new friend to Cosima.”

If they don't hook up I might cry.

Edited by millahnna
  • Love 1

Sorry, this was a crap episode.  The football player storyline, who cares!    And that scene with Tamsin on the football team running around down the field and the touchdown was shot so badly,it was amateurish and cringeworthy.

Have you liked any of this season so far Machiabelly?  It started out ok for me(look, anything was better than the trainwreck of S4) but the last two eps, I haven't been feeling. Mainly I don't like this Tamsin/Bo hookup.  I think they work better as frenemies, IMO.

Disclaimer:  I like Lost Girl, but I've never loved it.  There have been a handful of really good eps, but for the most part,the writing is inconsistent and honestly, they stink at presenting any kind of arc to a season. I'd never compare it to something like Buffy, but that show and writers knew how to map out each season!

Better than last season. I am enjoying it all right. I like Vex I miss Kenzie. I am basically watching out of momentum now.

Oh yeah, anything would be an improvement from S4. Except for a handful of eps, it was a crap season. Yep, Kenzi is definitely missed, so I'm not loving that basically she has been replaced by Tamsin, who's not a bad character(she was best in S3) but I don't care for her and Bo so buddy buddy. 

It was an ok mid season finale. Lots of things going on. Of course it had to end where Bo opens that damn box and we just see a surprised look on her face. Impulsive much?
Eric Roberts is her evil dad? Didn't know about that. And it's best I didn't.  :)

Trick's "and the clam dip is amazing" had me laughing.

Yeah sure, don't believe for a second Tamsin is dead.

Don't care if Mark bites the dust. But he and Dyson did look good in their tuxes! 

The writing on this show makes me crazy sometimes. Like the part when Mark and Iris were at the house and the father comes in, she kills him, um..ok...then a minute later the wife comes out of nowhere and stabs Mark with what looks like small gardening shears. What/!! Where the hell did she come from? Grrrr.... 

Shallow note-  Couldn't wardrobe come up with a better dress for Zoie Palmer? I know the woman is relatively thin, but that dress/the material or whatever it was, made her have a little belly(not that that's a bad thing)  It just wasn't a great look.