Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: Who's Been Naughty Who's Been Nice

• Start Topic

What does this mean?  I even googled ass-up baby under chin and nothing came up.  I'm lost and it's really bugging me.  lol

Thank God for Jesus.  Lol!!  Girl you made me double over this morning.  So glad the board-sisters helped out before you expanded your *research*  :P 

Someone come up with a description for whatever's going on with Nene's chest in her TH segments. 

I submit for the committee's consideration:  more Paula Deen recipes?  Glazed ham(s).  Actually I shouldn't get at Nene about whatever her issue might be because none of em are shy and I think she had a reduction/lift.  The disturbing part generally is these women are skewing my in real life perception of what an appropriate amount of cleavage is.  I mean I work a day job in Manhattan so it's not like this happens a lot but I fully anticipate that the next time I walk down the street and notice titties just...out (™Kim Fields), I'm so desensitized I won't even react.  

Porsha and her (ex) friend were snowwomen!  https://www.instagram.com/p/BC6egPgHBCV/

I want to like this.  Because they're fun and cute and lawd knows each of them has the bodyodyody for it.  But context.  I had the same reaction as when Kenya walked into the gallery showing her ass in an attempt to mock Phaedra.  Except that was intended to be ridicule.  It's like Porsha needs to have something on display at all times and there are places and circumstances where that's just too much.     #nakedways  #mariahcareysyndrome

If there's anything I'm really mad at it's that Shamea didn't take her friend hosiery shopping.  Girl got an exact skin tone match.  To which my deep rich hershey kisses will attest, is no easy feat.  Then, Porsha. 

That is strange. One of my friends just bought a house and it has locks on the all the closets even on the ground floor and a couple storage rooms with locks on the outside. Gave me the creeps.

Ya'll think this might be an invention of modern times?  Like have you ever seen one of those older stately turn of the century homes where there's a hidden freakin tiny staircase in that leads to a set of bedrooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor?  I'd be like huh, well that's weird.  Until a kindly realtor explained that homes of this stature, during this period, were typically owned by families of privilege.  This is the staircase to the servants quarters so they could literally be invisible.   That's also the same day I learned why that extra room in the kitchen is called a butler's pantry, because duh, Zaldamo, butlers.  Counting silver and storing china and stuff.   If it weren't for you know, the slavery, I think I'dve enjoyed this era very much.  Anyyyyyhooo, sorry I say all that to say my first thought when we started talking about locks was, maybe they're not just for teen daughters, what if they're to discourage domestic staff from curiosity?  What if your cleaning staff has keys and comes when you're not home?  Technically there's no real need for a housekeeper to go in the room where you might keep your real diamonds and $1500 shoes/handbags so maybe it's just a way to remove temptation.   I don't know, I don't have a closet lock or housekeeping help lol.  

• Love 8

It looks like later on when the adults were drinking and whatnot that Ayden's elf shelf was empty. I assume he was only at the party in the very beginning when everyone was just arriving and was promptly taken home and put to bed before the real festivities (alcohol) began. In that respect, I don't see anything wrong with him being there in the capacity that he was.

Me neither. I thought it was cute. I also assumed that Dylan wasn't there because he was sleeping (because his bedtime is earlier than Ayden's), not because Phaedra favors Ayden over Dylan. All those people might have been a bit much for Dylan - at two, he's more likely to get overstimulated.

I didn't watch the ep live and I'm so glad, because I could skip all the sensual massage stuff. No thank you.

Edited by Empress1

I'm lucky I watched this on the DVR, because I was able to fast forward through the nauseating/embarrassing/horror-inducing sight of Cynthia trying to act sexy while at the same time looking about as uncomfortable as a human being can look. I once witnessed a woman walking through a crowded mall and having her maxi pad fall out of her pant leg in front of everyone. That was less embarrassing to see than watching Cynthia pretend to be hot for her husband.

• Love 6

Thank God for Jesus.  Lol!!  Girl you made me double over this morning.  So glad the board-sisters helped out before you expanded your *research*  :P 

I submit for the committee's consideration:  more Paula Deen recipes?  Glazed ham(s).  Actually I shouldn't get at Nene about whatever her issue might be because none of em are shy and I think she had a reduction/lift.  The disturbing part generally is these women are skewing my in real life perception of what an appropriate amount of cleavage is.  I mean I work a day job in Manhattan so it's not like this happens a lot but I fully anticipate that the next time I walk down the street and notice titties just...out (™Kim Fields), I'm so desensitized I won't even react.  

I want to like this.  Because they're fun and cute and lawd knows each of them has the bodyodyody for it.  But context.  I had the same reaction as when Kenya walked into the gallery showing her ass in an attempt to mock Phaedra.  Except that was intended to be ridicule.  It's like Porsha needs to have something on display at all times and there are places and circumstances where that's just too much.     #nakedways  #mariahcareysyndrome

If there's anything I'm really mad at it's that Shamea didn't take her friend hosiery shopping.  Girl got an exact skin tone match.  To which my deep rich hershey kisses will attest, is no easy feat.  Then, Porsha. 

Ya'll think this might be an invention of modern times?  Like have you ever seen one of those older stately turn of the century homes where there's a hidden freakin tiny staircase in that leads to a set of bedrooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor?  I'd be like huh, well that's weird.  Until a kindly realtor explained that homes of this stature, during this period, were typically owned by families of privilege.  This is the staircase to the servants quarters so they could literally be invisible.   That's also the same day I learned why that extra room in the kitchen is called a butler's pantry, because duh, Zaldamo, butlers.  Counting silver and storing china and stuff.   If it weren't for you know, the slavery, I think I'dve enjoyed this era very much.  Anyyyyyhooo, sorry I say all that to say my first thought when we started talking about locks was, maybe they're not just for teen daughters, what if they're to discourage domestic staff from curiosity?  What if your cleaning staff has keys and comes when you're not home?  Technically there's no real need for a housekeeper to go in the room where you might keep your real diamonds and $1500 shoes/handbags so maybe it's just a way to remove temptation.   I don't know, I don't have a closet lock or housekeeping help lol.  

I had a lock installed on my master bedroom closet so I could lock up my jewelry and valuables when I wanted: such as when I hired a summer-babysitter while I was working all day, cleaning staff, contractors, etc.  At certain times, I would place things in there to avoid temptation, but to also prevent me from jumping to the wrong conclusion right away when I couldn't find a certain necklace, camera, etc.   It was just an easy way to deal with peace of mind.  I never though twice about it, and therefore did not notice it on the HW shows.  Wow - you guys really pay attention to all the details!! 

I had a lock installed on my master bedroom closet so I could lock up my jewelry and valuables when I wanted: such as when I hired a summer-babysitter while I was working all day, cleaning staff, contractors, etc.  At certain times, I would place things in there to avoid temptation, but to also prevent me from jumping to the wrong conclusion right away when I couldn't find a certain necklace, camera, etc.   It was just an easy way to deal with peace of mind.  I never though twice about it, and therefore did not notice it on the HW shows.  Wow - you guys really pay attention to all the details!! 

I never thought of it that way - it might be a good idea.  We do have a closet in our finished basement that has a key lock on the door, but that was mostly to hide the alcohol from the teenagers, who have now grown into young adults. (we had an underage drinking incident at our previous home when we were not at home...lesson learned!).  

I may have to look into this - I like that idea, especially when having cleaning people or contractors in to do work - it's nice for peace of mind.

• Love 1

One of the things that always makes me giggle is the cast of these reality shows relentlessly sticking to the script of not breaking the fourth wall. How did the feds know about the stuff in Kandi and Todd's garage? They knew because Y'ALL TALKED ABOUT IT ON NATIONAL TV!!!!

It wasn't Phadra, it wasn't the blogs, y'all told on yourselves.

Having said that keeping Apollo's stuff for him isn't a crime. My understanding is the things they had (dirtbikes and tools) were his personal belongings that the feds were trying to impound to cover the $s he owed as restitution. They were not stolen goods or otherwise illegally obtained items. They were however items which might have been purchased with funds he stole which makes them fair game for the feds to impound. So Kandi, Todd, Cynthia and Peter weren't breaking the law per se by keeping them. The only way they could be implicated would be if Apollo told them "Yo, this stuff is hot. Can you hold it for me while I'm away?"

As for the why they were holding on to it, didn't Todd say in the scene in the garage (last season? this season? its s all starting to run together now) that he was holding Apollo's stuff because Phaedra asked him to get his stuff out and he didn't have any place to put it? I don't recall anything about him not having room in his garage. In fact, I think that when he came to the house and Phaedra met him in the garage she specifically told him to take his stuff and go.

See I remember this. That he needed to find another place for his stuff cause Phaedra was telling him he needed to get his stuff out.

• Love 1

I wonder if Bob and Sheree trying to reconcile, or at least be civil, means they took Ilyana's (I think that's her name) advice when they appeared on her show. I'd like to think she's changed, but I am cynical about it.

Unless he came into a boatload of money recently, I think Sheree's only interest in  Bob is a storyline.

• Love 2

It's not Kandi, Todd, Cynthia or Peter's fault Dylan & Ayden's well being was affected by Feds raiding their momma's house.

It's APOLLO's fault Dylan and Ayden's well-being was affected by Feds running through Phaedra's house.  Feds were going to raid the Parks-Nida house whether Kandi and 'em were holding Apollo's stuff or not.

It has been said that this season was supposed to be 24 episodes long but it ended up being only 17.  I'm wondering if footage from those extra 7 episodes are going to be used for a Kandi baby spin-off.

Nene is only ok in small doses.

The little people are grown adults so if they accepted a paycheck to pose as little elves at Phaedra's party, that's on them. 

I see what you mean, but I also think that it says something about people that pay to use other (usually not as privileged) people as props/accessories (though it happens in various/forms and ways throughout various cultures.) An actress accepting a part in the almost written Farrelly brother's movie, in which she was the only black character and played a prostitute didn't abdicate the directors of social responsibility because the actress was an adult who accepted the part. Eh, I guess I'm just a bleeding heart liberal and we'll have to agree to disagree here. There are many cultural/ sexist/ racist lines which are too easy to cross, and IMO shouldn't be messed with. To use a less extreme example (because I can think of a lot worse), Gwen Stefani paying a group of harajuku girls to walk around silently behind her at awards shows. I would go into more racist/ sexist examples but I don't think here is the time or place. Even casting calls for famous movies can be racist as hell. Sure, even if we presume that these adults had a choice and were not pressured by limited ability to make income in other ways, that doesn't diminish the disdain that I have for the privileged adults who enjoy using people as party decorations. Those adults, are the ones that get an F from me. And I'm not discounting anyone's abilities to make income, but if I had to debase myself as an elf to buy Christmas presents for my children, then so be it- I would do it, and think of the partiers as assholes the whole time.

To relate it back to the episode, Phaedra, being educated, should know about the ramifications her actions would bring, but she's got that huge ego in the way. That southern belle act is as transparent as saran wrap these days. I agree with an earlier poster (sorry for the lack of credit- I take a slap on the wrist for this) she has discredited herself as an officer of the court based on her conduct- namely outside of the scope of this show involving her own legal shenanigans- so I won't get into that.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 5

Am I the only one who remembers when Cynthia said with 100% seriousness she wasn't sexually attracted to Peter and didn't like the look and thought of him naked? ?

Holy hell, if she isn't sexually attracted to him, just what is his appeal given he's nasty, cheats on her and blows her money on failed business deals?

• Love 1

To relate it back to the episode, Phaedra, being educated, should know about the ramifications her actions would bring, but she's got that huge ego in the way. That southern belle act is as transparent as saran wrap these days. I agree with an earlier poster (sorry for the lack of credit- I take a slap on the wrist for this) she has discredited herself as an officer of the court based on her conduct- namely outside of the scope of this show involving her own legal shenanigans- so I won't get into that.

I really was surprised that RiDICKulous was not at that Xmas party.

Holy hell, if she isn't sexually attracted to him, just what is his appeal given he's nasty, cheats on her and blows her money on failed business deals?

It's certainly whatever D Peter is laying on (in?) her.

Chuckling at #mariahcareysyndrome! I'll wait for when Porsha starts only addressing people and camera with the right side of her face/body.

Also, Matt is a butterface.