Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: Check-Up With Dr. Drew - Part Two

• Start Topic

Maci is probably having trouble with keeping her lies straight at this point.

Or she's just full of shit.  That's far more likely.  3 "accidents" before the age of 25.  That's special.

I feel like she's been tripping up in her sub-par lie game for years. Her mad skillz mostly consist of being naturally very thin and not looking obviously pregnant. I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but the year (last?) when she vocalized concern over getting the paid speeches done before she was obviously showing made me realize that this was not just a dumdum who lies. Instead, she's a manipulative loser who lies to kids and teens, Ryyyyan's parents, whomever she's fucking, and the entire viewing audience of TM. What kind of an asshole sits there, quite pregnant, and mumbles shit about birth control? Oh, I know, the kind who manages 3 miracle babies before the age of 25 even though she has a serious case of PCOS! She would have been a lot wiser to fake an empire of books, blogs, etc. about conceiving with PCOS than buying a truckload of t-shirts. Part of me thinks Panda must have known and it got my hate for him ignited, but then again, how many TM girls show up with a new pair of lips or breasts? It's got to be at least half.

Did Drew actually ask the audience to give Butch a "slow clap" and does he know what that means?

That was the highlight of both episodes for me! I was in the other room listening to Butch's skype session or whatever was happening and rolling my eyes, and then heard "slow clap" and went, "aaahwhaaat?!" It was genuine perfection born of the moment instead of the rehearsed, restrained, agreed-upon garbage that makes up 98% of the Panda/TM shows. The only way it could have been better is if maybe Gary had asked for a slow clap from the audience, for Matt, after he said that garbage about his kids having homes even though he abandoned them or how he was definitely in it for the long haul with Leah, despite the 5-8 others still unclaimed.

Edited by meisje
  • Love 6
still laugh every time I randomly think of the exchange with Matt and Gary "I'm doing this because I adore Leah" "but you don't adore your kids?" Amazing. Just... I mean.. I have nothing to say.

I just read an article on Yahoo where the journalist praised Matt and called Gary a " bad person who just enjoys making Amber and Matt miserable."

There are just no words for this type of stupidity.

The journalist thought Matt answers were reasonable.  I guess it is not reasonable for Gary to want to protect his daughter from this shady dirt bag, because God knows her idiot mother never will.

No wonder Matt always has a fresh supply of suckers he can con.

Edited to add: I would have linked the article, but I was too disgusted to give he writer any type of publicity...however small.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 6

So I got all the evidence I need that Gary brings up this shit on camera because Amber lies like a rug. In the scene where he confronts Amber he asks her how many children Matt has and Amber says 2. At the reunion, Dr Drew asked her how many children she thought Matt had before and she said 5. She just fucking lies about everything so I don't blame Gary for taking advantage of their unusual situation to get as much on camera as possible.

• Love 11

Ok. Haven't read through the posts yet, but Jesus Mother'fuckin Christ Y'all. Tyler and Dr. Screw are talking about his suicide attempt, and I quote:

Dr. Screw: "So that was your rock bottom (Tyler covering his rope marks with makeup)

Tyler: "Yeah, Yeah..."

Dr. Screw: "That's Heavy. COMING UP NEXT, WE TALK TO BUTCH..."

Just jesus crap. I know we've all been shitting on T's suicide attempt, but we all also know Dr. Dickhead doesn't actually watch the show. If I would have heard that out of the blue, I wouldn't really worried that much about the segway. Maybe I would have shown sympathy? Idk. 

When I was 12 I took almost a bottle of sleeping pills and as I fell asleep, the last thought I had was "I shouldn't have done this". Obvs I survived. I would have had the same response to the "Doctor". We are simply different things when we're preteens. 

A lot of this is just editing. I was actually there in person, and I can't really say what happened. But I will just say the conversations go on WAY longer than what you see on the show and they cut a ton of it out. So it may seem awkward on TV but it's a normal conversation in real life. 

• Love 4

A lot of this is just editing. I was actually there in person, and I can't really say what happened. But I will just say the conversations go on WAY longer than what you see on the show and they cut a ton of it out. So it may seem awkward on TV but it's a normal conversation in real life. 

That's actually good to know - cause that particular launch to Butch seemed hella strange.

• Love 1

^^Yeah it was really weird. They cut out a lot of the part with Matt too where he explained the "clerical error." I call bullshit on that whole thing though, those 7 kids are his! 

Edited by ilovetrashtv
  • Love 5

I'm sure that Dr. Drew is forced to limit his questioning to certain topics, or given a list of things he's not allowed to ask about, but I wonder if he feels bad about how much he lets these girls slide. I haven't listened to Loveline in ages, if its even still on, but I don't remember him being so kind to people who called. Is he still a licensed doctor? Was he ever (or what was his license in?)?

I wonder if Tyler would be this same way if he was not on TV? And how dare Butch act that way about Carly, then have the balls to flat out say that on TV, and no one calls him out for it. I wouldn't be surprised if this means no more family visits with Carly, ever. At the least, Drew said something about it being part of his consequences. But what kind of person are you to think you are owed anything from a child? I just feel bad for Catelynn, she needs a better support system, and not a husband that brings up all his emotional issues when he was younger and how he got over it, when she has real things she needs to work through and needs real help. (And I don't believe Tyler's story.)

Amber said earlier in the season that she knew Matt had two kids. Not five. Two. Then she says she knew about 5 (despite video evidence of saying 2), and that they are all adults, except that we know of those 5 includes at least one minor. And who cares how many kids it is, if its 1 kid he abandoned and doesn't pay child support for, or if its 5 or 7 or however many, why is she ok with that? "He cheated on/beat up/robbed/murdered his last girlfriend, but he loves me and would never do that to me," says no girl in a healthy, stable relationship. Go Gary for not playing nice, and loved the highlights comment. Whether you like it or not, Amber, Gary is Leah's custodial parent, and despite any issues he may have, he has every right to protect her from situations, and worrying about Matt, because of concrete proof of his history, is completely rational and part of being a good parent. Amber can excuse the behavior as being what he did when he was younger all she wants (ugh he said that's how he was 20 years ago... when Amber was 4), if someone has a history of theft, I would be weary of hiring them to be in charge of my businesses money.

• Love 6

My husband has only watched a few of the shows, because he hates reality television - but during the reunion and Tyler's "suicide recap" my husband said he thinks that, "that kid's lying. He would have more emotion instead of just sitting there like that." My husband who doesn't read people but was a psych major in college people lol. 

I hate to say someone would lie about something so serious and unfortunately so common (many people won't ever admit to suicidal thoughts or attempts), but maybe it wasn't exactly what Tyty says it was?

I like Catelynn but I feel so sorry for her. Of course she's depressed, she's had weight problems and body image issues thrust on her because she's not "rail thin" (neither is Amber, who's a recovering addict and everyone thinks is doing so well so they don't talk shit too much about her weight) - I just feel for her. 

• Love 3

Tyler's story just doesn't make sense to me. He claims he had noticeable rope burns around his neck. That would lean one to believe he was hanging for more than just a second. But it sounded like HE was the one who saved himself. How would he be able to do that if he were already hanging. I guess I'd need to know more about it, and I really don't want to - too personal and upsetting, if it is true. But yea, something about it just came off really disingenuous to me. 

• Love 3

Tyler basically IS the 5th Teem Mom OG at this point.  They should just add him to the opening credits.  He's always been treated differently than the other significant others.

Tyler just needs to frig off. 

• Love 2

I never thought the day would come where the ONLY person I half like on this entire show is Gary. (I don't really like Kristina because from what I understand she left her own husband and first child to go be with Gary, so I don't think she's really that much better than Matt. On the other hand I don't know how it is in reality and maybe she has shared custody or something but it always seemed to me like she was a fame whore who chose Gary over her own child. She DOES seem to be a good stepmom to Leah and a good mom to Emileeeeeee. So I guess I don't dislike her but I also don't like her.)

Maci is so obviously pregnant. I saw a picture of this episode of Macy sitting there in her blue tshirt and thought, how did everyone NOT know that she was pregnant at that time? She has a huge baby bump! I used to really like her but I find her to be completely desperate and pathetic now. She wanted Taylor to marry her for some reason (even though he's a mooch who admits he's a fame whore, and he is not attractive at all and that beard is so gross) so her way to go about that was to get pregnant with two babies in a row and claim that both of them were accidents?

Amber is awful. I feel like she's one of those people who will never learn but that karma has to be coming for. I can't believe the excuses she makes for Matt and the flippant way she tries to justify his past and his lies. Oh the kids are in their twenties so it's fine that their dad abandoned them. Oh we had "secrets" so really I knew he had 5 kids, not 2, and the 7 kids things is a mistake. Who does she think she's fooling? And for her to tell Gary that HE'S on a "high horse" is so ironic. Gary is not a perfect (or attractive) human being and I'm sure he relishes in Amber's/Matt's mistakes but he has taken care of Leah since she was born. Yes he had the help of his mom and now Kristina (whatever happened to his mom? She used to always be filmed and now, rarely). But still, he didn't desert her and it makes sense to me that he is worried that Matt will play perfect stepfather to Leah and then desert her like he did his other kids as soon as the show is cancelled and the money and fame dry up. And Amber should really be worried about having any kids with a guy with that kind of track record.

Farrah. Eh whatever. I mean, she is who she is and I think a lot of it is a TV personality she's created in order to stay relevant and keep up the drama. I think she is the only one with motivation and gumption and who will have any kind of money coming in after the show is finally cancelled. Although she talks like a complete idiot I think she's actually quite smart and a hustler. I think her parents are seriously messed up and I feel bad for whatever happened to her in her childhood. I think that Sofia will grow up the same way and become like Farrah or worse (she already is) and the worst thing I have to say about Farrah is that she is does not seem to be, from what I can see while watching Teen Mom, a good mother at all. I think in her own way/the best way she knows how, she loves Sofia and tries to be there for her but it's a very self-centered, self-absorded, selfish kind of love (just like her own parents showed her) and I hate the way she uses Sofia to pit against her mom, to sidle up to Simon, etc., and she lets her run wild and disrespect and hit people and also ignores her and also pulls her into stuff that should be for adult ears/involvement only. I feel really really bad for poor Sofia. :( I think that if Farrah's parents really mistreated her so badly (which I do believe they did) then she should cut them off and keep Sofia away from them (as I am hopeful that the sister Ashley did!). I know that is easier said than done and it seems to be a cycle of dysfunction and enmeshment that I don't agree with or approve of but I do understand, a little bit more than the other girls' situations. I think that although Farrah creates a TV personality that is quite fake and full of drama, the cycle of abuse/neglect she's caught in with her parents and allowed Sofia to become caught up in is very real, and sad.

Catelynn and Tyler. I just can't with them anymore. Whenever I see Tyler's ugly face and hear his girlish voice sounding so self-righteous and all-knowing, I just want to throw something at my TV. I used to feel bad for Catelynn due to her upbringing and the way that Tyler controlled her. I don't think she ever wanted to give up Carly but he clearly pushed her into it and she probably hates herself and feels guilty for giving her daughter away. But now she has changed from victim to perpetrator of her own miserable life and other peoples' as well. The way she spoke about and to Farrah shows that she is not innocent angel. And although I do think she has depression and other issues stemming from childhood I think she clearly played it all up as part of her new plot once she heard that viewers were judging her for staying home all day doing nothing while sending Nova off with the same grandma/mom who mistreated Catelynn as a child (and once she heard that people defended her by saying she was depressed or had postpartum depression.) I swear she went from claiming everything was fine and she was so excited to be getting married and to have Nova now etc. to "I have all this anxiety and postpartum depression" when Nova is like... 10 months to a year old. In my opinion it is just playing on a sad sob story to try to get viewers to like her again. (Just like with what Tyler does with this suicide story.) Tyler is such a momma's boy and Kim is so overly involved and enmeshed... April is insane but thinks she's some kind of queen... and Butch is the worst, acting as if history should just be forgotten now that he's allegedly reformed, and acting like he had it so much worse than Tyler so everything he did to Tyler should be excused, and Carly is his rightful grandchild etc.

I feel that all of these people have miserable lives and I don't know what sense there is in watching anymore. I hope Bentley and Leah turn out okay as they seem like good kids despite the craziness. Sofia and Nova are doomed. The jury is still out on Jayde and whatever the newest supposedly non-existent until recently fetus is going to be named... I can't help but feel that Maci is just using them as pawns in her Taylor game/ stay relevant on TV game and that her connection with them might not be anything like what it was/is with Bentley. From Teen Mom 2 I think they are all doomed except for Aubreeeeeee but she will obviously have daddy issues forever. I know this is supposed to be a show about teen moms but the part about the kids and what will happen to them breaks my heart.  They are innocent and did not deserve to be brought into this mess, raised in this mess and god forbid, have this mess that is their lives filmed on TV and their parents/random new partners of their parents capitalizing on it. :(

I'm depressed. I think I might have to stop watching this show as I honestly think it just gets worse and worse and nothing could can come of it and I feel guilty for supporting what these moms are doing to their kids. :(

Edited by GuiltyPleasureTV
  • Love 3