Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: The Blind Auditions, Part 3

• Start Topic

As soon as Ryan began singing "Can't Find My Way Home," I was already leaning to picking him as my fave of the night, as long as he nailed the performance, which he did. It is in my top five songs of all time, but it is so hard to sing well. (My favorite non-Winwood performance was at an Eric Clapton concert, where it was gorgeously sung by his bass player.)

• Love 3

Ryan & Malik were the best 2 of the night for us.

But we didn't understand why no one turned around for dreadlock guy. Yes, his song choice with his styling was a bit confusing, but the tones & versatility he showed should've been enough to make up for that. We were mad at the judges.

• Love 3
(edited)

Outside of Ryan Quinn, who I think maybe is a contender to be around till the end....this was kind of an almost show. There were some people who were almost there. And Evan who was more "almost there" than some of the people who got turns, so that was a bit disappointing. Andy Grammar's wife getting a no....not so much.

The stacking of the deck of Oklahoma-based contestants for Blake to drool over was a bit much. I kinda sorta liked Peyton, but it always weirds me out to hear these stories of family's that completely uproot themselves for a teenager's dream (whether that's being on Disney Channel TV show or going to Nashville a la Taylor Swift). Brittany looked like the love child of Danica Patrick and Idina Menzel...so she definitely has that in her favor. But again, it's hard to judge how Blake himself would rank his list of female country singers at this point. IMO he'd have Mary Sarah and Angie from last week ahead of both of these two. I wonder if Gina (one of his two montages) got a button push because of her vocal similarity to Gwen. The other guy was completely forgettable and I get why he was montaged.

Adam had a pretty lackluster night until he added Ryan. Natalie wouldn't of been a bring back S9 contestant for me (despite her impossibly cute daughter). Strong start to this audition though so I understood why he turned....it kind of went off the rails as it went on though. Not a fan of his crazy falsetto guy, Nathan either.

Xtina and Pharrell......I'm not sure either got anyone who really transforms their teams. They may have gotten a couple people good enough to win a battle like Malik or Hannah, but I'd be mildly surprised if they made the lives on either of their teams. Getting stolen somewhere along the way might be a possibility though.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed Ryan.  I love that song and he did a terrific job with it.

I, too, thought Natalie was a train wreck.  The whole thing felt strained; when Kelly sings it, it feels effortless and breezy.  Adorable kid, but she is straight up first-round cannon fodder.

• Love 1

I am totally alone in my little lonely corner of not being a fan of Ryan. Liked the song choice, but thought he was shouty. I do agree he'll be around until the end, but I may have to mute my TV when he's on.

Believe me, you're not alone.  I was underwhelmed based on the hype I was seeing about him on other sites over the past month or so.

I'm hoping tonight is better.

I swear for the first time since I started watching this show I was hoping someone wouldn't get a chair - 20 year old Peyton, who's Father is doing hard manual labor so she can sing?  Get a damn job Peyton you are a frackin' adult.  Granted her parents are willing participants but ugh self entitled little shits bug the ever loving piss out of me.

• Love 5

I'm hoping tonight is better.

I swear for the first time since I started watching this show I was hoping someone wouldn't get a chair - 20 year old Peyton, who's Father is doing hard manual labor so she can sing?  Get a damn job Peyton you are a frackin' adult.  Granted her parents are willing participants but ugh self entitled little shits bug the ever loving piss out of me.

TOTALLY THIS. Ugh. And she was SO nothing special IMHO. 

I'm looking forward to tonight because I actually know someone who, I guess, will be shown tonight because they haven't been shown yet and I know they make 48 (hoping they are not relegated to the dreaded montage) ... plus, apparently also a guy my husband works with is ALSO going to be on. 

• Love 2

TOTALLY THIS. Ugh. And she was SO nothing special IMHO. 

I'm looking forward to tonight because I actually know someone who, I guess, will be shown tonight because they haven't been shown yet and I know they make 48 (hoping they are not relegated to the dreaded montage) ... plus, apparently also a guy my husband works with is ALSO going to be on. 

Awesome you will have to let us know which one is which after it airs!

• Love 2

Outside of Ryan Quinn, who I think maybe is a contender to be around till the end....this was kind of an almost show. There were some people who were almost there.

This basically sums up the night for me as well.  Ryan could be a contender, but otherwise we got a lot of people with potential, but also with some obvious weaknesses.  I guess I liked Hannah, Malik and Brittany best among the rest.

Awesome you will have to let us know which one is which after it airs!

Team Owen, baby! I knew he made 48 but had no idea he'd get a four-chair turn. I was super psyched! Hoping he sticks around for awhile because it really is fun to root for someone you know and like. (He's also an amazing songwriter.)

• Love 1

The chemistry between 4 coaches is better with Xtina in the mix.  Last season was pretty much the Adam and Blake show with Pharrell tagging along and Gwen somewhat invisible.  Xtina did not take the BS from any other coaches but in the same time she could hype up her pitch to match Adam and Blake

• Love 4

Team Owen, baby! I knew he made 48 but had no idea he'd get a four-chair turn. I was super psyched! Hoping he sticks around for awhile because it really is fun to root for someone you know and like. (He's also an amazing songwriter.)

Oh awesome!  I liked him too!

The chemistry between 4 coaches is better with Xtina in the mix.  Last season was pretty much the Adam and Blake show with Pharrell tagging along and Gwen somewhat invisible.  Xtina did not take the BS from any other coaches but in the same time she could hype up her pitch to match Adam and Blake

My mute button gets such a workout when Christina is on the show.