Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: By Invitation Only

Gamble hosts a cocktail party where she plans to issue the wedding invitations. It's not exactly a sedate gathering as simmering tensions surface before all hell breaks loose.

Gamble hosts a cocktail party where she plans to issue the wedding invitations. It's not exactly a sedate gathering as simmering tensions surface before all hell breaks loose.

How do I watch this show? I checked YouTube and it was impossible.

How do I watch this show? I checked YouTube and it was impossible.

You can check Amazon and see if they have it available to buy the episodes. Otherwise, I think Bravo will air season 3 in the U.S. as they did seasons 1 & 2. No clue when, though…maybe summer?

(edited)

Go Aussies! This season is pretty juicy!!! Lots to snark on! It's lonely here with no one posting :(

This episode: I fluctuate between thinking Lydia is playing along with her tongue firmly planted in her cheek to thinking, nope she really is that smug, condescending, and stupid. Better sense prevails so the latter wins out every time though!

Love the relationships between Gamble, her WolfPup and his baby pup (Luke). So much laughter and love during their dinner scene.

And we get to meet Pettifleur's older sister!!! Same accent. Same bitch face. Boy oh boy her sister is MAD about something to do with Ms Switch the Bitch!! The anger was boiling just under the surface. No clues though.

When Lydia feels threatened she certainly uses attack as defence. As in attack others and throw them under the bus to deflect away from herself. NOT at all impressed with her comments in a TH about Chykka.... Lydia has heard that ALL the girls have been bitching about her so she guesses Chykka has been faking friendship with Lydia "...but maybe she fakes everything that she does" with a smarmy smile/stare/raise eyebrows/eyes wider look at the producer. (Wanted. To. Slap. The. Bitch. Sooooo. Bad.). My guess is Lydia was implying something about her marriage. (I can't think what else Chykka would be faking). If that's it, well that kind shit stirring is not good. Not cute. Not funny (although Lydiot seemed pretty impressed with herself during the TH).

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 4

Not an Aussie, but... ^_^

Yup, a really goood season !

Lydia is a condescending stupid uneducated "Lydiot" more than ever, Pettifleur is the bitchiest Bitchy Bitch among bitchy bitches (and yes, her sister looked like if she had better to be at the dentist, without any sedation, than with pettyfleur), Gamble and Wolfy (+Luke) are SO lovable and... normal, Janet was absolutely stunning in her lime dress with this necklace, and Jackie grows on me.

Looking forward to next episode.... that seems to be a good one too !

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Even Pettifleur's own sister can't stand her! It lets us know her edit was accurate.

Lydia is a fucking idiot. Obviously she's worried about losing her spot on the show and has decided to become this season's shit-stirrer in an effort to stay on tv. But she's so damn dumb and can only deflect deflect deflect. I loved Jackie just walking away.

I also really liked Chyka & Jackie's talk about having kids. Sometimes you just need someone to talk to who isn't involved but has the experience & advice you need.

HowTF is Janet gonna claim her former step-daughter is like a real daughter to her when they haven't spoken in two years? Pretty sure my mom would shank me if I went more than two months without talking to her.

• Love 6
(edited)

Loved Gina's fragrance meeting--very capable team there, even Gina's slack-jawed assistant for suggesting Fearless in a foreign language.

Pettifleur's meeting with her sister was super awkward.  I had a hard time telling whether or not Gillian can't stand Pettifleur, or if she was just super resentful of Pettifleur putting her on the spot with regards to some fourth wall ish.  To me, it seemed like Gillian was more like "I don't want to go there on TV," especially because I simply do not see Pettifleur suddenly going from being this down-to-earth warm woman to materialistic and glamorous overnight.  Something more is afoot IMO between Pettifleur and Gillian.

Lydia is such a fucking racist--she's the WORST.

Janet's meeting with her ex-step-daughter was so sweet.  It seems like they've been texting over the years, but it also sounds like everyone was pretty devastated by the divorce--including Janet.  I felt bad for her when she confessed her dealing with her own shit let to the texting non-response.

I'm just glad Lydia alienated herself from the whole group (save Gamble) at Gamble's house.  Hopefully she alienates herself off the show like Andrea Moss.

Need more Susie--want to like her, but seems bland and one-note 3 episodes in.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Loved Gina's fragrance meeting--very capable team there, even Gina's slack-jawed assistant for suggesting Fearless in a foreign language.

FWIW, Chemist Warehouse is (in my opinion) Australia's version of Walgreens. It's great for picking up cheap vitamins, makeup and distributing fragrance, but using it to DEVELOP fragrance? Tom Ford or Frederic Malle, they ain't!

• Love 1

Petitfleur (PF) is so superficial. Her sister seems angry at PF because all PF can do is talk about herself and what she has.....materialistic and narcissistic. PF doesn't care about her sister and just wants to brag to her. Now that she has no friends and her son is out of the house, she needs someone to film with so she calls her sister cause she needs her....it's all about ME ME ME. Loved the camera people showing all the portraits of PF in her house. I think in her TH shots in the last episode, maybe this one, on the side of her it looks like a naked woman (unshaven) close up on the pelvis from the front. It's a vase or statute but from that angle and the cropping of the TH makes it look like a "bush" next to PF when she gives her THs....lol. Kind of like those pictures that you look at one way and see two faces and look at another way and see one face (or something like that).

Lydia is a racist moron. Lydiot made me cringe (so racist and offensive and she didn't even realize it). Her poor housekeeper. Let's just randomly clean the fridge for fun...lol. No that is not LOL you stupid bitch. She throws everyone under the bus and still manages to hurt PF while doing so. 

I can't stand PF but I like her more than Lydiot. I admit to laughing at both of them yet cringing at the same time.

I hope Gamble doesn't fall under Lydia's spell. I like Gamble but her face is looking different this season....not sure what is going on.

I hope PF steps back and takes a good look at herself. She needs some self-awareness which she is lacking. Hopefully she isn't a true narcissist.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I'm just watching this now and don't know these ladies. Can I say that Janet's nostrils are freaking me out and I can't look at anything else when she's on the screen. Holy crap.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I hope Gina's personal assistant has a banging body those clothes because that boy is so dim he's gonna need a sugardaddy.com/cougarlife.com to pay for his minder. I actually said "does this kid need a guardian?" several times out loud during that meeting.

I feel like I'm insulting idiots when I call Lydia a Lydiot, when she's really a disgusting condescending racist. First, she gives Johanna some time to stop and read. Then, she orders Johanna to clean the fridge and pantry from top to bottom. Next, she insults the car Johanna drives. Of course Lydia would crack racist ching chong jokes about giving directions to Johanna because Lydia has not only traveled to Johanna's home country of the Philippines, but Lydia has met Johanna's family. Finally, Lydia shows up at Gamble's and pets Pettifleur on the head. I don't even like Pettifleur and I think that was beyond rude. I loved that the editors caught every single one of Johanna's eye rolls.

Oooooooooooooooooh! That was one frosty sit down with Pettifleur and her sister, Gillian. If Pettifleur finds a knife in her back, she needs to check with Gillian and Johanna because Lydia is too stupid and lazy to do it herself. Pettifleur is mean, materialistic, superficial, and rude. She also 100% deserves the go fuck yourself from Gamble. The problem is that Pettifleur is instantly suspicious of everything Gamble does. If Pettifleur got the first invitation, she would have judged that. The last invitation, Pettifleur would have judged that too. Somewhere in the middle, still more judgement.

I mostly like Gamble, but I didn't like her trans joke or her strange catch up with Lydia during the luncheon. I did like her joke that Chyka is such a people pleaser that she'd end up catering for Hitler. I also love her silently mouthing that she didn't make any of the desserts as she's explaining to Susie that she slaved over a hot oven to make them.

I can't believe that Janet refused to answer when her step daughter texted that Janet had been in her life for longer than her birth mother. I'm going to chalk it up to stress from the divorce. Plus wasn't that around the time that her son had been in the fire.

• Love 5

Has Gamble been with this fiance for 5 years? She said about the soon to be stepson....I've known him for 5 years. I don't know the legal drinking age in Australia but he was drinking wine. In the US he's have to be 21. SO she's known him since he was 16? So why did it take 5 years to have Wolfie pop the question?

Pettifleur and her sister told a very interesting story without saying a word!  If I were Gamble I would have invited the sister to my wedding, lol.

Gina and her fragrance meeting was so amusing but throw in her new assistant and THAT could be a show all by itself.  He looked like a deer in headlights half the time.  As her assistant will some of his responsibilities include selecting which skin tight cocktail dress Gina should wear to court or tease her hair or master the smokey eye?  I did get the vibe that Gina is doing a favor for off camera friends whose son wants to start a modeling or acting career, he sure was pretty.

Why is Bravo not promoting this series, I have not seen any promo's for this season.  I feel like that happened last season too.

On 3/7/2016 at 2:32 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

Love the relationships between Gamble, her WolfPup and his baby pup (Luke). So much laughter and love during their dinner scene.

Absolutely!  I am watching now and just got done with that scene.  You can tell there's genuine love in that family.  It's refreshing.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why is Bravo not promoting this series, I have not seen any promo's for this season.  I feel like that happened last season too.

i agree and why is this topic dated 3/6/16? it's the latest episode. 

I know I've seen a couple of promos, but it wasn't a ton of them. I definitely remember one that was something like "down under by Bravo." The problem is that the show does about the same ratings with or without promotion. The show had about 300,000 viewers first season. It has about 600,000 this season and it does better than reruns. Bravo gets it for cheaply enough that it makes sense for Bravo to air it. I also suspect that Bravo will start airing RHoAuckland because Andy has done a bunch of shout outs to Bravo New Zealand.

13 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

i agree and why is this topic dated 3/6/16? it's the latest episode. 

That's when it aired in Australia. The US gets it 3 or 4 months later like Downton Abbey.

• Love 2
On 5/8/2016 at 4:20 PM, Neeners said:

I'm just watching this now and don't know these ladies. Can I say that Janet's nostrils are freaking me out and I can't look at anything else when she's on the screen. Holy crap.

Janet is such as sad cast for bad plastic surgery.  I bet when she was younger, she was stunning.  And she could've been a stunning older lady if she didn't destroy herself with plastic surgery.  It's quite sad.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
On 8/6/2016 at 2:51 AM, HunterHunted said:

I feel like I'm insulting idiots when I call Lydia a Lydiot, when she's really a disgusting condescending racist. First, she gives Johanna some time to stop and read. Then, she orders Johanna to clean the fridge and pantry from top to bottom. Next, she insults the car Johanna drives. Of course Lydia would crack racist ching chong jokes about giving directions to Johanna because Lydia has not only traveled to Johanna's home country of the Philippines, but Lydia has met Johanna's family. Finally, Lydia shows up at Gamble's and pets Pettifleur on the head. I don't even like Pettifleur and I think that was beyond rude. I loved that the editors caught every single one of Johanna's eye rolls.

She's truly horrifying.   Please tell me her husband will break up with her and leave her penniless and she ends up having to be "the Help."  Or that Johanna is fucking her rich husband and he dumps her for Johanna.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

She's truly horrifying.   Please tell me her husband will break up with her and leave her penniless and she ends up having to be "the Help."  Or that Johanna is fucking her rich husband and he dumps her for Johanna.

I hope that Lydia gets some sort of comeuppance. The universe needs to find a way for Johanna to get the upper hand and get away from Lydia. Perhaps Shane Warne will fall madly in love with Johanna.

Or perhaps Johanna really is using her experience in Lydia's employ to learn. At night, Johanna has been studying public policy and law. She uses social media to connect the Filipino diaspora to issues back in the Philippines and abroad. She becomes a very prominent voice for immigrants in Australia. She's elected to office and manages to pass a number of reforms that protect people from the types of issues she had to suffer from at the hands of Lydia.

Or maybe Johanna pens a wickedly funny novel skewering the entire Real Housewives franchise, but especially an antagonist that is a barely fictionalized Lydia. The book is an international success. It's optioned for a television show. The show is a co-production of Bravo and ITV. It's a huge success and NBC even reruns the episodes to shore up parts of their weak primetime line up. The star of the show is on WWHL to promote the upcoming 4th season of the show that's based on Johanna's novel and spills some of the details of what a horror show Lydia is. The next night, Lydia, Jackie, and Gamble are on WWHL as guest bartenders because Arena has the ladies fly to NYC to do some press for upfronts. Viewers question Lydia because they can't believe that she's that clueless or racist. Her answers indicate that she's both. A group of friends in a college performing arts program inspired by Lydia's cluelessness on WWHL, read the book and write a musical based on the book. They and their friends film it and put in on YouTube. It goes viral. The publisher sends the college friends a cease and desist because they did not get permission to use these characters. The college friends take it down. They retool the show and more in more details from the actual housewives shows and put the musical back online. A Broadway producer sees the musical online and wants to fund an off Broadway show. It becomes a long running popular off Broadway show. Ten years later, NBC wants to do a live performance of the musical starring new hot actors. It has decent ratings, but it also reignites interest in Johanna's novel. And this is how Lydia is memorialized as racist horror show in popular culture. In a bit of irony, Lydia has a small part in a charity performance of the musical for the Shane Warne foundation. She literally cannot recognize her vile behavior as it plays out in front of her on the stage.

I'm pretty sure in a past life, I was a vengeance demon.

• Fire 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I hope that Lydia gets some sort of comeuppance. The universe needs to find a way for Johanna to get the upper hand and get away from Lydia. Perhaps Shane Warne will fall madly in love with Johanna.

Or perhaps Johanna really is using her experience in Lydia's employ to learn. At night, Johanna has been studying public policy and law. She uses social media to connect the Filipino diaspora to issues back in the Philippines and abroad. She becomes a very prominent voice for immigrants in Australia. She's elected to office and manages to pass a number of reforms that protect people from the types of issues she had to suffer from at the hands of Lydia.

Or maybe Johanna pens a wickedly funny novel skewering the entire Real Housewives franchise, but especially an antagonist that is a barely fictionalized Lydia. The book is an international success. It's optioned for a television show. The show is a co-production of Bravo and ITV. It's a huge success and NBC even reruns the episodes to shore up parts of their weak primetime line up. The star of the show is on WWHL to promote the upcoming 4th season of the show that's based on Johanna's novel and spills some of the details of what a horror show Lydia is. The next night, Lydia, Jackie, and Gamble are on WWHL as guest bartenders because Arena has the ladies fly to NYC to do some press for upfronts. Viewers question Lydia because they can't believe that she's that clueless or racist. Her answers indicate that she's both. A group of friends in a college performing arts program inspired by Lydia's cluelessness on WWHL, read the book and write a musical based on the book. They and their friends film it and put in on YouTube. It goes viral. The publisher sends the college friends a cease and desist because they did not get permission to use these characters. The college friends take it down. They retool the show and more in more details from the actual housewives shows and put the musical back online. A Broadway producer sees the musical online and wants to fund an off Broadway show. It becomes a long running popular off Broadway show. Ten years later, NBC wants to do a live performance of the musical starring new hot actors. It has decent ratings, but it also reignites interest in Johanna's novel. And this is how Lydia is memorialized as racist horror show in popular culture. In a bit of irony, Lydia has a small part in a charity performance of the musical for the Shane Warne foundation. She literally cannot recognize her vile behavior as it plays out in front of her on the stage.

I'm pretty sure in a past life, I was a vengeance demon.

YES!  I love this.  And I think I love you vengeance demon!

23 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Has Gamble been with this fiance for 5 years? She said about the soon to be stepson....I've known him for 5 years. I don't know the legal drinking age in Australia but he was drinking wine. In the US he's have to be 21. SO she's known him since he was 16? So why did it take 5 years to have Wolfie pop the question?

The drinking age in Australia is 18. But I believe they have been together for several years.

• Love 2

Thanks Biakbiak! I can't figure out the big freakin deal if they have been together for years why HOW they met is in anyway relevant? So she was on sugardaddy..so what...so was he! And it could have been Match or EHarmony and it's still no one's business!!!

• Love 3

The more I watch the scenes with Lydia and her housekeeper/slave the more it resembles a mockumentary like Spinal Tap.  Something so ridiculous, it cannot be believed.  'This is Joanna, she's not my housekeeper, she's my housefriend.' and 'I have her passport.' are lines worthy of Christopher Guest!

I haven't heard anyone call Chyka 'Cheeks' yet, I'm so disappointed.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 7