Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: War Of The Roses

Artsda

I knew who sent the flowers right away. A predictable "mystery," just like old times!

Me too, mostly. Although, I figured it would be a callback from one of the prior episodes where Jessie is apologizing about the Lasagna that landed him in the "dog house" so he sent all the flowers.

• Love 2

I knew who sent the flowers right away. A predictable "mystery," just like old times!

Especially when the freeze framed picture they show when the episode's loading shows Jesse there with Becky lol.

I was happy to see Becky because I spent the whole previous episode wondering why she wasn't there for the Wake Up, San Francisco reunion with Danny.  And Lori Loughlin is looking awesome, yes?

• Love 8

I really enjoyed this episode. I like crazy Becky. I wish Jesse would give her a baby. I didn't quite get the reference in the first episode. Was Jesse implying that he got snipped?

I also knew who sent the flowers. I thought it was odd to send all those flowers only to have to transport them all somewhere. I think this was my favorite episode that I've seen so far. 

• Love 2

But with zero chance of seeing Denise or Teddy, I'll take it.

Are you saying that because there's no Michelle or have they said they won't do it/be on? Because since they're all adults I could see the slim possibility they could "drop by" to visit the other Tanners at some point. I really want to see Derrick too!

I'd assume Becky and Jesse can't have more kids because they're in their 50s at this point.

Edited by Rebecca

I didn't realize how much I would like Matt until this episode. He's pretty awesome, and I love his enthusiasm. Plus, he's not creepy like Steve. I used to love Steve, but now he's too obsessed and creepy.

I love crazy, baby obsessed Becky. I wondered why they never had other kids. I thought Becky would be really gung-ho on more than the twins, and it seems like I was right. I wonder if the season is going to end with Becky either pregnant again (if she can still have kids) or if she decides to adopt a baby with Jesse. 

I loved seeing all the romances with the girls. Harry's back! Yay! And Fernando/Kimmy were actually ok this time. I still don't like Lola, and I kind of want her to go away, but I also love that Ramona has a friend.

Yeah, it didn't help that it clearly showed Jesse in the screenshot for the episode. If they hadn't, it might have been more of a shock.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am a little confused.

Scenario A: After his first kiss with a woman, a man sends her 1,000 roses. 

Scenario B: After his first kiss with a woman, when said woman gives an excuse for not going out with him the next night, a man searches all 11 dentist's offices throughout the Bay Area open at night to catch her excuse out as a lie, and follows it up with showing up unexpectedly at her home to confront her about it.

Is it just me, or does Scenario B raise at least as many red flags as Scenario A? I don't see why the first one freaks DJ out but the second one is totally A-OK, whew, turns out he's not an over-invested possibly-stalkery obsessive after all! Wha?

Edited by Anisky
  • Love 4

I am a little confused.

Scenario A: After his first kiss with a woman, a man sends her 1,000 roses. 

Scenario B: After his first kiss with a woman, when said woman gives an excuse for not going out with him the next night, a man searches all 11 dentist's offices throughout the Bay Area open at night to catch her excuse out as a lie, and follows it up with showing up unexpectedly at her home to confront her about it.

Is it just me, or does Scenario B raise at least as many red flags as Scenario A? I don't see why the first one freaks DJ out but the second one is totally A-OK, whew, turns out he's not an over-invested possibly-stalkery obsessive after all! Wha?

I thought the exact same thing!

I felt like casting some random actor for Stephanie's "husband" came off a little racist. Like, "Oh, all Asians look the same, let's just hire some random. No one will ever notice!"  Would they have done that for other old characters?

Unpopular opinions on this episode, and in general I guess:

I don't like baby-crazy Becky.  I like Lola. Max is reaaalllly annoying. 

• Love 2

I understand having to recast the part since the original actor only ever acted in 3 things (and hasn't done any acting in 25 years) - but I don't really understand why they wanted to bring back that character anyways. He appeared in 5 episodes of season 2. He wasn't mentioned at all for the remainder of the full house series so it didn't seem like him and steph remained friends. I personally would have preferred for them to bring back Gia

• Love 1