Type keyword(s) to search

Legends of Crush Objects, Partners, Teammates, (and Everything Else): The Relationship Thread

• Start Topic

FYI, I was given official permission to start this thread.  :D

So Ray and Jax both thought it was a good time to hit on Kendra?  It surprised me that they went there this soon after Carter's death and Kendra proclaiming that she did love him.  On the other hand, Ray didn't seem that invested and Jax got to find out she's not ready.  I'll be curious if he keeps crushing on her and plays up the friendship angle or if it just is never mentioned again. I almost felt like they brought it up just to just down any shipping.  Which led me to wonder if LoT is trying to avoid shipping among the cast altogether or if they are planning to bring Hawkman back soon and don't want her to have moved on.  It's not like I had any expectation of her being interested in any romance so soon after Carter's death, so having the question asked and answered struck me as strange. 

On the Sara and Rip front, as long as he's still thinking he's going to save his wife and son, if feels like Rip will be off the table as well.  Which I'm a bit bummed about since I like their chemistry.  Snart is interesting but I need him to grow full sized heart before I'd want Sara to get involved deeply whether friendship or more.  I have a feeling that romantic entanglement really are going to be kept only between regulars and guest actors...for now. 

Right now I'm enjoying the developing relationships between everyone.  Stein and Jax are really growing on me.  I always like Stein but I'm starting to feel their team within the team outside when they flame up.  It was surprisingly fun and unexpected. 

• Love 4

I definitely think this is not the last we'll see of Ray and Kendra (and probably Jax and Kendra), but I really hope it will be kept to a minimum, because, well, she's made it clear she's not ready, and the show itself needs to establish Kendra much better before throwing her into a romance. At this point, I have no idea about her character - what she's like, what she likes, what are her strengths and weaknesses. She's a mess, frankly, not helped by CR's rather weak performance. So please, no romance for her.

On the Sara and Rip front, as long as he's still thinking he's going to save his wife and son, if feels like Rip will be off the table as well.  Which I'm a bit bummed about since I like their chemistry.  Snart is interesting but I need him to grow full sized heart before I'd want Sara to get involved deeply whether friendship or more.

Yeah, I agree on both counts. But then, Sara herself has her own issues, so I doubt she's ready to hook up, at least with a regular.

• Love 2

It's interesting that Rip is the one wanting Sara to kill while Len is one telling her she's not a killer anymore. For me Len seems to have Sara's best interest at heart over Rip who seems to be using her for her skills. I also like that Sara's just being herself and both of them are changing because they are around her. I love that Sara seems to have earned the respect of the entire team. Not just for her skills but for her as a person. 

One thing that makes me really enjoy Sara is, despite all her damage and darkness she just wants to help people that need it. She's not doing it for accolades or glory. She has no interest in people calling her a hero. She helps because she wants too.  While CL is the not best actress in the world, I have to credit her for being able to bring out Sara's softer side and making it believable. She exudes a warmth that other characters respond too. 

Seeing Sara and Oliver again made me really see their connection again as friends and fellow survivors that we missed seeing when she came back to life on Arrow. You can tell that SA and CL enjoy working together. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5
Sara herself has her own issues, so I doubt she's ready to hook up, at least with a regular.

But I want her and Snart to be Besties With Benefits!

578a552f95da1310c261ef5d7aa407e553eb1df5

Seriously, though, my favorite thing about this show is how well all the different character combinations are working.  I think that the high school shenanigans with Kendra, Jax and Ray were just a test balloon for future episodes, so I don't expect it to take over.  The leadership clashes between Sara and Rip are fascinating and I agree that his goal of saving (and, presumably, returning to) his family keep him out of the running for anything else.  I actually felt sorry for Mick that he couldn't stay in the future and be the dystopian king, so well done Purcell and show.  It's all so much fun.

But, of course, I still want my Sara/Snart sexytimes.  I'm selfish that way.

• Love 3
But I want her and Snart to be Besties With Benefits!

But does she trust him enough even for that? I don't think so. At least, not yet. I wouldn't mind a Cold Canary (that's what I'm calling it) hook-up, or even something more, down the line, but at this point, the intense dynamic between her and Rip is more interesting to me. I like antagonistic relationships.

Also, Wentworth Miller should really tone his acting down if it happens, because it's simply too hammy for a romance.

• Love 3

I don't expect anything from Sara or Snart anytime soon even with his crush but my twelve year old self likes to speculate and I'm indulging her.

I'm with you on enjoying the somewhat antagonistic relationship Sara has going with Rip. There are so many possibilities that can be explored which I always love.

• Love 1

I loved Sara standing up to Rip. You probably don't want to stand in the way of an assassin with killer rage issues when she wants to help people she cares about. 

I also like that Sara's become the unofficial second in command, since Rip often goes talks to her about their missions. He's put a level of trust in her that her that he hasn't with the rest of the team. 

I'm leaning towards Sara/Snart as well. Mostly because he seems to care about her well being more than Rip does. Rip is using this team to help himself. It's kind how I feel about Nyssa. I want Sara to find someone that encourages her to be a better person, not someone that will feed her darkness. 

• Love 1

I think Rip is lost the same way Sara was/is. It's not like Nyssa, who's known what she is and is OK with it. Rip is just desperate, it's different. He's shown to be impulsive and sorta judgmental, yes, but it's not because that's who he generally is - it's who he feels like he has to be ATM because of the circumstances. So I can't hate or dislike him because of his behavior, because it's justified from my point of view.

• Love 2

I can't blame Jax for being interested in Kendra, and he can blame Stein for Ray's interest. Both of them are fairly young, fit, either sexually active or at least interested, and as far as we know like women, and on the Waverider he only has two options and the other one probably scares him too much.

While I can grasp the idea of Sara and Rip, I don't think Rip is anywhere near looking. His wife may be dead in the future but if what he's doing right now works he'll get her back. And while someone like Rip might interest Sara, this version would never pursue someone who was already taken.

Sara and Snart, on the other hand, is possible. The thing is we don't really know what Sara looks for. Old Sara hooked up with douchey frat boy Oliver in part to spite Laurel. The Sara who survived fantasy island hooked up with Nyssa because...well, we don't really know, it could be as simple as sleeping with the boss's daughter protects you from everyone but the boss.

• Love 1

I think Sara had legitimate feelings for both Nyssa and Oliver (at least in s2 of Arrow). Both may not be healthy or perfect relationships, but they were real enough for her. Right now, I really don't think she's looking either... And personally, I'm not that interested in relationships caused by "looking". I love it when it happens regardless of the characters' intent, when it comes from them having a different kind of relationship - whether friendly or adversarial. But that's just me *shrugs*

• Love 3

I love Sara and Snart together, but I definitely see the chemistry between Rip and Sara.  I just think the latter couple will end up being good friends while the first could let some sparks fly at some point.

What I'd like them to do with Ray and Kendra is have her name drop Cisco (who Ray does consider a friend) and have that kill potential romantic pairings with them so that they become legitimately close without benefits.  Ray needs a real friend and so does Kendra and I think they both have potential for each other in that category.

• Love 2

I'm loving all the different combinations of relationships. I think SL has chemistry with all the guys. Kendra is a wet noodle, so its not her fault she doesn't have chemistry with her. Cold has chemistry with everyone & everything. The other characters I think are variable with their chemistry. I love that up until this week, they have not really went with a romantic angle. I think it makes the show stronger. The ship is small, I don't need drama. That being said, I do eventually see a romance at some point in the show, but I really feel they need to just let the show grow a little bit more before they go romance. I could only see SL & Cold being able to pull off the Besties with Benefits scenario drama free, which conveniently also is a potential pairing with chemistry.

I was not surprised that MG gave us a horrible love triangle, I'm just glad it was short-lived. I feel like the rest of the writers are more inclined to let the relationships blossom on their own without forcing them. MG is many things, but I don't think he is a good Cupid.

• Love 3

I could see Sara and Cold having some 'private time' somewhere along the line, but the thing that gets me about any romance (who are we kidding, I mean sex) on the Waverider is the thought of Gideon looking on. And maybe reporting it to Rip.

• Love 1

I love Sara and Snart together, but I definitely see the chemistry between Rip and Sara.  I just think the latter couple will end up being good friends while the first could let some sparks fly at some point.

What I'd like them to do with Ray and Kendra is have her name drop Cisco (who Ray does consider a friend) and have that kill potential romantic pairings with them so that they become legitimately close without benefits.  Ray needs a real friend and so does Kendra and I think they both have potential for each other in that category.

Oh no no no no no no no. Oh why, oh why oh why???!!!! Oh my eyes are bleeding at the thought. Oh no!!! Oh no. The downgrade from Nyssa to Rip is appalling at best, at worst it's reminiscent of Jackie and Fez level blasphemy IMO. Please, please please, no Sara/Rip. Oh god please no! If we have to pair someone with Sara please just bring Nyssa on for a few, or put her with Kendra, the hawk could use some flavour.

Edited by slayer2

Look I like Nyssa a lot, but I wasn't talking about who I see Sara forming a long-term relationship with - I said I see (and like) the chemistry between her and Rip.  I love their tension. 

I do - however - think she and Snart could have a lot of fun together. 

I'd like to see Ray and Sara paired up a bit because while they don't really know each other - they do know the same people.  Plus I think the actors have worked together before so I want to see what their dynamic is. They seem to really get along when they do interviews or panels.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 2

I think mostly I'm just enjoying having a show without any locked-in pairings, for once. It's a breath of fresh air. I do see some possibilities, but nothing I'm set on.

I'm not crazy about Rip/Sara. One reason, of course, is that if they succeed, he will have a living wife and son to return to. But I just don't feel the chemistry, I guess, even beyond that.

Snart and Sara....maybe. There is some chemistry there. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes, but I'm not sure yet that I want them together.

Sara and Ray is a big no, and I'm not even sure why, because we haven't even really seen them interact yet. Preconceived prejudice I guess. :(

I could be ok with Ray and Kendra. I thought they were kind of cute. But lose the love triangle! My first reaction is that Jax is too young for her anyway, if he's not even old enough to drink yet. But I guess we don't actually know how old Kendra is, in this lifetime anyway.

• Love 1

Also, Wentworth Miller should really tone his acting down if it happens, because it's simply too hammy for a romance

Shouldn't be hard, since it's clearly a performance by the character, not Wentworth. We've seen Snart drop it before: in his first Flash episode, before he had the Cold Gun or the Cold persona (that episode is light on the Cold Ham throughout, since Snart is evidently still working out his shtick); in the Leonard-meets-young Leo scene; when he talked Sara out of shooting Stein, and so on. When he's on, he's really on, but he isn't always.

I found the Ray part of the Ray/Kendra/Jax triangle was unexpectedly hilarious and illuminating. He's not even particularly interested in Kendra until Stein puts the idea in his head, and then he's like, "sure, whatever, she's pretty, she's single (now), I have some free time," and all the while he totally knows about Jax's crush? Ha! So casually ruthless. He clearly likes Jax, and it's not like it's a case where he's deeply invested in dating Kendra and is prioritizing a potential relationship with one over his friendship with the other. It's like he never factors Jax in at all, however mild his own interest in Kendra might be. Very goal-oriented. I stopped watching Arrow after the second season, so all I've seen of Ray is this show and the tiny bit on Flash, and I've often wondered how such a sweet, oblivious flake, however brilliant, could ever have run a corporation. This otherwise bland mini-triangle helps clear that up a little. He does have a cut-throat streak in here somewhere after all.

• Love 3

Oh yes. He definitely does. It has not been much in evidence here, but the way he got control of Queen Industries showed he definitely does.

I just finished rewatching, and I decided I don't mind either Ray/Kendra or Jax/Kendra, by themselves. It's the love triangle that makes me break out in (metaphorical) hives. Just no. Pick one or the other - I don't care. But it appears I've developed a severe allergy to love triangles.

• Love 4

I could see Sara and Cold having some 'private time' somewhere along the line, but the thing that gets me about any romance (who are we kidding, I mean sex) on the Waverider is the thought of Gideon looking on. And maybe reporting it to Rip.

I really would like production to build them some private chambers.  At this point they only place to sleep is in the med bay and even then they have to worry about balancing on a narrow dentist chair.  They apparently have a brig that is at least a step above cells on Arrow or Flash (Mick got a bench to lay on though still no toilet).  How hard would it be to build some quarters rather make the character just take naps in the hallway?

Oh no no no no no no no. Oh why, oh why oh why???!!!! Oh my eyes are bleeding at the thought. Oh no!!! Oh no. The downgrade from Nyssa to Rip is appalling at best, at worst it's reminiscent of Jackie and Fez level blasphemy IMO. Please, please please, no Sara/Rip. Oh god please no! If we have to pair someone with Sara please just bring Nyssa on for a few, or put her with Kendra, the hawk could use some flavour.

I think Rip and Sara could work really well as a long term romantic arc because right now Rip is focused on saving his wife and son and Sara is still working on her issues so they could continue this current great dynamic of allies that sometimes clash that morphs into  a friendship that if/when something happens to ultimately force Rip to sacrifice his wife and child (or just plain fail to save them) then something more could come of the friendship.  I could live three season easy on the current building dynamic. 

Rip is all bluster and desperation.  He's not as cold or calculating as the early episodes wanted to make him out as. 

Oh yes. He definitely does. It has not been much in evidence here, but the way he got control of Queen Industries showed he definitely does.

I just finished rewatching, and I decided I don't mind either Ray/Kendra or Jax/Kendra, by themselves. It's the love triangle that makes me break out in (metaphorical) hives. Just no. Pick one or the other - I don't care. But it appears I've developed a severe allergy to love triangles.

I hate the idea of Kendra with Jax for the same reason I hated it with Cisco.  Too young.  Too much of a puppy.  Maybe he will age up and start acting more maturely?  Not a fan of Kendra and Ray as a serious romance since Ray really does seem just to be there because, hey, why not?  Still, I found the triangle played for laughs and character building and enjoyed it for it's silliness. 

• Love 1

The fact that Rip is trying to save his wife and child is what turns me off him falling for Sara. That and using Sara for her killer skills. 

Snart and Sara are both single so I wouldn't mind a friends with benefits arrangement. I also think they are the two that would least likely cause any drama if they sleep together and decide not to anymore. 

I don't care about Kendra, but if she keeps Ray away from Sara. I'm all for it. I like Ray, but he's too much of a doofus to be anywhere near my favorite character. They can be friends and Sara can want to protect the big idiot like Mick does but that's it. And from what we've seen of him so far he can use all the protection he can get. 

• Love 2

I often forget that they are trying to save Rip's family. I sorta blame the distracting Egypt Flashbacks, which make it feel more about VS/Hawks drama. I guess that would turn me off from a romantic/sexual pairing of Rip/Sara. I don't need to see SL in another dead end relationship where she is the placeholder. It is the same reason I am against her pairing up w/ Ray. Because now that they mentioned his fiance again, I feel like he is in another rebound relationship mode. The problem is I don't think RP can do rebound mode, he seems to get overly involved. Plus, as much as I am starting to like Ray again, I don't need to see him being romantic for a long while. Too much trauma from Arrow S3 and his creepy romantic behavior. But I digress.

Honestly, I just don't feel like LoT needs to have a romantic/sexual pairing on the ship. No official ships for this ship. I don't mind them playing with the chemistries. But I would prefer the hook-ups to be with the guest stars and not the main cast. I internally cringed when they defaulted to a love triangle just to give Jax/Kendra/Ray something to do. It was just so unnecessary and disappointing. Then again MG wrote it, so I'm not surprised it scraped the bottom of the cliche run-of-the-mill plots.

• Love 1

The fact that Rip is trying to save his wife and child is what turns me off him falling for Sara. That and using Sara for her killer skills.

Technically, Rip's wife is as dead as Ray's fiancé.  So I guess that's why I don't see her as a long term issue.  I might care more about his wife as a reason not to enjoy a possible VERY future pairing if they ever showed her as anything more than a slumped over body for her son to cling to. 

Honestly, I just don't feel like LoT needs to have a romantic/sexual pairing on the ship. No official ships for this ship. I don't mind them playing with the chemistries. But I would prefer the hook-ups to be with the guest stars and not the main cast.

For me, it's about timing.  I wouldn't want anything to happen really with any characters this season.  They barely know each other.  I wasn't even that happy with Carter and Kendra in a romance.  This year I'd want just lots of good connections and friendship stuff. But for future seasons I can absolutely see myself picking a ship.  It's just right now I don't think the show needs or is ready for a long term ship.  It's the future Snart, Sara, Rip and perhaps even Ray that I'm interested in for a romance, not the ones we have know. Ideally I'd skip any deep declarations 'til at least season three. 

• Love 3
(edited)

If we have to pair someone with Sara please just bring Nyssa on for a few, or put her with Kendra, the hawk could use some flavour.

Since I don't know anything about this character, just looking at the two actresses, I say "Hell, yeah!!!!" Mmmmmmmm...

I don't want any romantic relationship on this show.  They ruin everything. 

On every show I've seen save one, you're right.  But this show has neither Brooklyn 99's writers or actors The romantic relationship between Jake and Amy is a rare and beautiful thing.

I often forget that they are trying to save Rip's family.

I'm glad that they don't push this more -- it would make the mission small and petty if it was just about these two.   As it is, they are more just exempli gratia of what Savage will do in the future if not stopped.

Edited by jhlipton
(edited)

Rip's whole purpose is to save his wife and son. Hitting on another woman while doing that does not sit right with me.

In order for Rip and Sara to work for me. Rip has to give up on that quest and truly move on.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
(edited)

I do kind of wonder if the end of this is going to be they have to kill Vandal in the future and there is nothing Rip can do to bring back his wife and son or change that future.  Then he returns everyone to 2016 and we wait for the setup of season two.

Of course, I've also wondered IF the setup for season two will be someone travelling back in time to mess things up so this time when Rip asks for the team to come back - the premise will be more like Quantum Leap where they have to worry about "fixing" things rather than "f-ing up" the timeline.  That would be the best way to setup season two as far as I'm concerned.  Chasing a bad guy through time who keeps trying to mess things up bad enough so the team was never born maybe?

That would of course mean that a real Rip/Sara romance couldn't happen until season two - and even then, they both might be reluctant since they are from two different points in history.  Since I don't want to see a ton of romance stuff on this show - I could appreciate that kind of angsty tension.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 1

My theory is that they'll defeat Savage, return to Rip's time only to learn that, somehow (timey wimey) there's another Rip who is with the now alive family.  Our Rip realizes that, having changed his timeline, he no longer belongs to any time and will stay with the team knowing that his family is safe and happy even if they only know the new timeline Rip.  Of course, that gets even closer to Doctor Who territory but I figure that's one way Rip can succeed but not return.  Then they can pull the trigger on any Rip related romantic stuff.

• Love 4

Rip's whole purpose is to save his wife and son. Hitting on another woman while doing that does not sit right with me.

In order for Rip and Sara to work for me. Rip has to give up on that quest and truly move on.

Oh, I agree, I just kind of see the writing on the wall.  I would not be happy if Rip made a move on Sara while there is hope for his family, not at all.  But in the mean time I am really looking forward to more scenes of them getting closer.  Even if nothing comes of it, I like them as friends.  So it's all good.  :D

My theory is that they'll defeat Savage, return to Rip's time only to learn that, somehow (timey wimey) there's another Rip who is with the now alive family.  Our Rip realizes that, having changed his timeline, he no longer belongs to any time and will stay with the team knowing that his family is safe and happy even if they only know the new timeline Rip.  Of course, that gets even closer to Doctor Who territory but I figure that's one way Rip can succeed but not return.  Then they can pull the trigger on any Rip related romantic stuff.

That honestly would be the closest to a happy ending the show could expect since they aren't going to write off Rip IMO, but I somehow doubt they'd go for the more subtle angst filled drama.  If we actually got to know and love his wife, maybe they'd give her her own happy ending, but knowing these writers she's a goner. 

• Love 2

The wife's a non-entity. There's some hope for the son because network shows are loathe to kill children (even if he did sorta die in the pilot), but the wife is dunzo, 100%. I don't care about her and don't see her as an obstacle for a potential Rip/Sara ship because it's not like I expect them to hook up soon. I prefer slow burn anyway, the slower the better.

After that most recent episode, there could still be a slow burn planned for Rip and Sara but very slow since the wife is no longer a non entity and I'd say there's a faster track being planned for Sara and Cold.  I don't get a permanent or end game feel from Kendra and Ray but their cute for now and Sara and Snart seem something likely to be explored even if it's also not meant to be forever. 

Right now I'm good with pretty much any combo.  I mildly ship Sara with everyone, lol. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I mildly ship Snart with Ray and Barry, but in a non-slash world - I'd pick Sara and Snart for sure. 

I think Kendra and Ray could work really, really well if they go for adorable and not angst.  He might have a suit that lets him kick ass and she might have multiple lifetimes of memories to access but in the end, she's bronze and he's brain and they could be all kinds of fun together. And the reference to Pickard and Vash won me like nothing else could.

ETA: I kind of like what this show is doing with "opposites attract" but in a non-conventional way.  I mean Snart and Sara DO have a lot in common, but they also have an opposites thing going on with her being the daughter of a cop and him being the son of a criminal.  She loves her family in general but has had a rocky relationship with her sister; he hates his dad, but would do anything for his sister.

And over in the HawkAtom world, we have two characters who have lost the person they probably would have spent this lifetime with, seem to be pure good guys, and are definitely adorable nerds.  But he desperately wants to MATTER when she just wants to be normal, he is really smart and she's "just a barrista" but she has lifetimes of experiences once she remembers them whereas he still seems naïve and innocent even after becoming the CEO of multiple companies and a billionaire. 

I just like the chemistry of these potential couples a lot.  I hope everything goes slow though and they don't mess up my enjoyment with stupid angst.  There should be enough of that from the individual characters trying to deal with their demons/issues without relationship drama.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 3

I want to state, for the record, that I hate mashup and shipper names with a fiery passion BUT on Twitter Ciara Renee posted about Ray/Kendra potentially being called Hawkward.  As much as I hate those names* I'll admit that gave me a good giggle.

*Please don't hesitate to use any and all that you want. I will not allow my personal feelings get in the way of everyone's fun.

• Love 3

I want to state, for the record, that I hate mashup and shipper names with a fiery passion BUT on Twitter Ciara Renee posted about Ray/Kendra potentially being called Hawkward.  As much as I hate those names* I'll admit that gave me a good giggle.

*Please don't hesitate to use any and all that you want. I will not allow my personal feelings get in the way of everyone's fun.

Bro! I'm pretty sure they stole that from Hawkeye, bro.

I'm fine with Ray and Kendra. I think it's really sudden, but personality-wise I think they complement each other well, and actually remind me of some real-life couples I have known. I just wish they'd developed Kendra more as an individual before throwing her back into a relationship. Overall though, I'd pick this over the weird relationship with her "soulmate" Carter. Hopefully there isn't too much sulking from Jax over the development.

After that most recent episode, there could still be a slow burn planned for Rip and Sara but very slow since the wife is no longer a non entity and I'd say there's a faster track being planned for Sara and Cold.

Yeah, I agree. I hope they don't force Snart and Sara because I like both characters and don't want for the writers to fuck something up about them. But at least they could convincingly start as friends with benefits - after becoming friends, of course.

I just don't care about Ray and Kendra. Too soon.

It's sudden and now with the preview for next week, I find it just a bit convenient. Trying to decide if I'd be happy if they dropped it as quickly as it started or really annoyed. (Not that I know they would even do that, but if they mostly rushed them together for a plot point, then would they keep working to build a relationship?)

(edited)

It's interesting they had the stuck in a room nearly dying trope with Sara and Leonard, where they bonded and learned things about each other and didn't hook up and the hero almost dying to get the woman to realize she has feelings for him trope with Ray and Kendra, however we learned some facts about Ray while learning nothing about Kendra and they did hook up in the end.

I'm grateful that Sara and Leonard are not a planned couple because they are terrible at writing those. Even Rip and Sara are better off. Although I'm still wary because I don't like Sara being the second choice again.

Edited by Sakura12

Well things we've learned about Kendra over the last two episodes include that she remembers working on an assembly line in WWII and is a total Star Trek geek. And now I totally want a Janeway reference the next time Rip leaves the two of them on the ship together.  I suspect we might get to know her a bit more in the next episode as well.

I really hope that Kendra and Ray as a couple is a relatively low-key thing.  This show is so much fun - it doesn't need non-organic drama.  I mean the angst from Cold and Heatwave is more than good enough (and I don't think Mick is dead - so their reunion is going to be interesting as well).

• Love 1

I don't think they are that interested in writing Kendra, she's like Laurel they just expect "the comics" to apply to her. People know about Hawkgirl, she is Hawkgirl and that is it.

Her whole purpose is to be a love interest, first Cisco, then Carter, now Ray and eventually Hawkman again. They should've given her more depth before throwing her in another relationship so soon. 

If they needed to show that these people live in a small space and face death everyday they should've just gone with Sara and Len having hate sex or we almost died sex. Having two of them in an actual relationship so quickly wasn't really necessary. Especially since one is destined to be with her equally boring soulmate. 

• Love 1

I don't think Sara trusts him enough to have sex with him (and her feelings about him aren't that intense to have hate sex - now, with Rip, if not for the dead wife thing, I could see it, there's a very different dynamic there). Anyway, I expect her opinion about Snart to change after Mick's departure. I do believe he'll start earning some cred with crew members because he sided with them against his friend. Anyway, I don't really want anything sexual or romantic between Sara and the guys until at least season finale.

she's like Laurel they just expect "the comics" to apply to her. People know about Hawkgirl, she is Hawkgirl and that is it.

She's more like Iris, I guess, Laurel at least had an arc and everything in the beginning, Iris was just a crush object and when they've decided to slow down on that front was barely onscreen. Also, we didn't have a lot of Vandal Savage lately, so maybe they save focus on Kendra for his episodes because of their history.

(edited)

I don't really think Sara needs to trust someone to have sex with them. That would apply for getting into a relationship with them. 

I mean Len seemed more interested in the Kendra/Ray romance than Sara. She didn't seem to care at all. So if she's not looking for romance I don't think she needs to 100% trust the person that she sleeps with. What's he going to do? Steal her bo staff? Sara doesn't strike me as the type to have a lot of material possessions. She's probably learned to live without a lot since living on an Island. 

I actually think Len is the one that likes Sara and was probably hurt when she said she didn't like him. Yet she shared her death with him which we never heard her talk about with anyone else (mostly because her family sucks and never asks her any questions). 

However I guess we'll see what happens with Sara's  

1950's love interest.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think Kendra will be more than a love interest, but honestly Ray is the first person I've actually liked her with.

I think they paired her with Cisco to give her an easy segway into Flash, but it would have been more fun if they had her connect with Iris instead.  And it would have wrapped Iris into the plot - something a lot of Flash fans want.  Plus she and Cisco only shared a kiss or two - it wasn't a huge love match.

When it comes to her and Carter, I got the feeling they were not romantically involved in this lifetime yet no matter what their living arrangements appeared to be.  I think her reaction to his death was more of the whole "shared lifetimes" thing than her having feelings with him right now.

I saw nothing between her and Jax and I hope they forget all about that.

I at least see a little something between her and Ray and I think they could be sweet together.  But I still hope it's a low-key romance and they keep mixing up the pairings.  I don't think we've gotten Snart and Kendra together yet - I bet her can make her more interesting. :)

Edited by nksarmi

I think it's funny that the Marooned episode basically addressed this thread, if it hadn't already been written/shot I would have thought they came here for inspiration.

You forgot about Rip's family, here you go.

You wanna see a ship romance, we got Kendra/Ray - Hawkward was the perfect word for that pairing!

You wanna see a natural pairing that we will ignore - we'll trap them in a room until death or some random rescues them.

You wanna see fractured pairings - we give you broken partnerships out of the blue (well 1 ep of build up) complete with a cliffhanger shooting.

• Love 2

From the Spoilers thread:

With the speculation that Kendra might not be back next season - I am trying really hard not to buy into this Ray/Kendra ship, but I'll be damned if I don't find them adorable together.  Unfortunately, it's hard for me to enjoy any ship with these people because I'm fairly certain the writers have to torture or separate any good couple (one of my top wishes for the end of Arrow is seeing Thea and Roy teaching their kid to shot a bow and arrow). 

But anyway, I might be alone but I like Kendra and I like her with Ray.  I want another female cast member but I'd be perfectly happy keeping her around next year.

You're not alone. I don't think it's likely, but the end of this last episode had me hoping that Ray and Kendra get their happy ending, at least for this life. I'm not a huge fan of predestined pairings, and Kendra's speech about this being the first time in thousands of years that she got to choose who she fell in love with had me firmly on their side.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm a bit more iffy on the depth of Kendra's love for Ray.  I think he loves her but that she spent two years pretending about being happy to the point of wanting NOTHING of their former life together.  Technically she got to choose him but in reality she was stuck with only him as a good option for the past two years.  How strong are her feelings? I'm going to need some convincing. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1