Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

I think I made this point before but regardless if the dancing is trashy (I personally think it is) can anyone picture Jenn K, Danielle, Melissa, Lacy et al dancing like that, in that environment? 

I do lol when I watch it because if you look closely Vivian throws herself off balance every-time she pops back up. 

No, I can't imagine Jenn K, Danielle, Lacey & Co dancing like that, because they are far better dancers and total professionals!   Even if there wasn't set choreography, those ladies would actually have a game plan and execute real moves, and probably look way sexier doing them.  Folks are right that DCC have some very provocative moves, and there's nothing wrong with that, to my mind.  But those moves look way better when you really work it and have a clue what you're doing!  More than a trashy or not question, this video illustrates to me the difference between the DCC and some other professional teams--they really do have the highest standards for preparation and quality of dancers. 

• Love 1

I love Amy!!!!! I'm glad she is following her dreams!!!  You only live once!!!!

i hope she makes it!!!!!!!!     Cheering for her big time.... And yes I have been on this site for years.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

*cough cough* I could *cough cough*

Ha! I can picture most girls of my generation doing that. And I use my generation loosely (20-30)

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm mostly surprised Amy is still in camp because of her shorter legs, to be honest. Those girls really struggle once cameos are done. That said, it seems like all of the girls are petite with dark hair this year, so maybe they're turning over a new leaf for DCC. I haven't cared for what I've seen on the show though, because while she was super cute the first year featured, the total meltdown about how much she deserved it and wouldn't plan a wedding gave me a bad taste in my mouth. Then again, I'm not a big wedding person anyway. Marry the person you want to be with, girl. On the visa thing, I imagine they give a disclaimer that they will not sponsor to weed out riskier candidates that try out without having papers in order and ready to go. There are enough international players in the NFL and across the teams that the NFL certainly has experience in sponsoring work visas, and I'm sure any lawyer with the Cowboys organization would be familiar with the legalities at a high level and have the resources they need at a lower level. Certainly, a player is more important than a cheerleader, but I don't think it's out of the question. Aussie girls have stayed in the US much longer than their original visas, and while Angela is married now, she hasn't been married the whole time she was here and just waiting on a green card. The exception being made is unprecedented, from what we know, but if they want someone on the team bad enough, bully for them. I don't think she's taking anyone else's spot. Kelli has and will go to a team of 34 if she wants.

Edited by kalibean
Sorry for the ugly response and lack of page breaks - the forum is doing that weird HTML layout on me and I can't fix it.
  • Love 1

Please do not tell other posters what or not what to discuss. Everyone has the right to discuss certain TC candidates on here as long as they follow the rules. Remember not everyone will like every girl trying out for the team. Posts stating what should or should not be discuss on here will be hidden at the discretion of the mods. Thank you for your cooperation.

9 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I've had that song from Michelle's night stuck in my head since I saw the video. 

I CAN MAKE YOUR HANDS CLAP 

That is all ?

Me too!  It won't go away! ;)

• Love 1
(edited)
On July 22, 2016 at 8:51 PM, missmansfield said:

I'm not sure why this box won't go away... Sorry!  I can't get the the HANDS CLAP song out of my head either lol

Edited by mcmrdh
I Left a word out lol
(edited)

To posters who can't get rid of the box:  

1. Put the pointer inside the box and hit the backspace/delete key until it has erased all keystrokes inside the box, including any spaces that might be at the very beginning.

2. Put the pointer outside the box and do the same. In some cases it will catch the box at this point and delete it.

3. If the box is still there, put the pointer inside the box and do it again. Then repeat the step outside the box. You need to make sure that all keystrokes, including hidden ones, are deleted. Then the box will finally delete.

Edited by Moxiejan
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Yep the 27th is!

That's so soon! So last cuts are likely tomorrow/Tuesday? At least for the last few seasons, Kelli and Judy have acted like they would cut someone the last day, but haven't actually done it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did the girls get to take their boots home with them, or was it just a fitting? They have to dance in them very soon. Time is running out !

Edited by mcmrdh

hi all! i havent posted since try outs... but have been reading faithfully! I just wanted to pipe in and comment on the back-and-forth RE: Auto Amy (and all of the ladies, actually). I definitely made comments on how i found Amy annoying from previous seasons' tryout footage. And I still find her persona annoying...but I do understand that it's a PERSONA. Of course I dont know her personally. So when I say she annoys me, I guess what i really mean is that the character the producers portrayed is annoying. But guys isnt that the assumption of this entire board? Of course we dont know these ladies (well some do or say they do, but most of do not). Whatever comments I make, positive or negative about the girls, Kitty, K or J, whoever, i am saying it as a TV fan commenting on a reality show. I mean let's get real. So if you're a squad member reading these, I hope that even the negative comments can be taken w/ a grain of salt. We say strong things b/c we're commenting on a TV Show. the internet makes it very easy for us to all judge and say cuckoo things but it's not totally serious. how could it be, i know NONE of these women! if i met Auto Amy at the grocery store i would be so excited to hear her story and I bet she's lovely in person. But no one makes money from a bunch of lovely people doing lovely things. :) 

just had to say that. i love the inside commentary from txstar and others; i hope you are reading what we're saying with a little perspective and understanding, that's all. this is a reality show forum (for a not-very-well-known show at that...)...not the New York Times editorial board.

in other news, i thought the michelle keys choreo was amazing and i have that song in my head too. cannot wait team announcement. I will be back online stalking all the social media for the big reveal...

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, SusieG said:

hi all! i havent posted since try outs... but have been reading faithfully! I just wanted to pipe in and comment on the back-and-forth RE: Auto Amy (and all of the ladies, actually). I definitely made comments on how i found Amy annoying from previous seasons' tryout footage. And I still find her persona annoying...but I do understand that it's a PERSONA. Of course I dont know her personally. So when I say she annoys me, I guess what i really mean is that the character the producers portrayed is annoying. But guys isnt that the assumption of this entire board? Of course we dont know these ladies (well some do or say they do, but most of do not). Whatever comments I make, positive or negative about the girls, Kitty, K or J, whoever, i am saying it as a TV fan commenting on a reality show. I mean let's get real. So if you're a squad member reading these, I hope that even the negative comments can be taken w/ a grain of salt. We say strong things b/c we're commenting on a TV Show. the internet makes it very easy for us to all judge and say cuckoo things but it's not totally serious. how could it be, i know NONE of these women! if i met Auto Amy at the grocery store i would be so excited to hear her story and I bet she's lovely in person. But no one makes money from a bunch of lovely people doing lovely things. :) 

just had to say that. i love the inside commentary from txstar and others; i hope you are reading what we're saying with a little perspective and understanding, that's all. this is a reality show forum (for a not-very-well-known show at that...)...not the New York Times editorial board.

in other news, i thought the michelle keys choreo was amazing and i have that song in my head too. cannot wait team announcement. I will be back online stalking all the social media for the big reveal...

I agree.

Still crazy to me that there are 4-6 cuts left to be made. They will probably all happen on Tuesday which is just crazy to see. 

As much as I think it's unfair that Yuko got to leave, I think if Kelli didn't agree, she would have cut her before allowing her to spend the money to travel back. She would have just cut her and told her to come back next year. So yeah, I think it's unfair, but I think she'll end up making the team 

so somewhere in the rookie candidates, there's 4-6 girls that they're going to let go. Some may be on the bubble and they'll just say bye, some they may cut because why not

ugh so sad!

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Still crazy to me that there are 4-6 cuts left to be made. They will probably all happen on Tuesday which is just crazy to see. 

As much as I think it's unfair that Yuko got to leave, I think if Kelli didn't agree, she would have cut her before allowing her to spend the money to travel back. She would have just cut her and told her to come back next year. So yeah, I think it's unfair, but I think she'll end up making the team 

so somewhere in the rookie candidates, there's 4-6 girls that they're going to let go. Some may be on the bubble and they'll just say bye, some they may cut because why not

ugh so sad!

That's really unfair. I'm sure they all know it has to happen, but still..to wait until the last couple of days is really terrible. I'm pulling for some of my faves, and Im really hoping that they won't break too many hearts.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Isn't the number in camp down to 39 now? That would mean just 3 more cuts.

On 7/22/2016 at 9:22 PM, Dancemajor said:

I really don't understand all the negative attention put on Auto Amy. How can you all have so much negativity for one person?!  She is a strong dancer. Extremely powerful which K&J love!! She has the prettiest smile out there. Gorgeous skin without makeup. Petite fit figure. Friendly.  As a AAIA everyone on the squad loves her. She brought the energy in the room. Get to know her. Funny how so many on here make fun of her and say she's dramatic and wish for her to fail. Unbelievable you can't see her passion! We could all learn to fight for what we dream of instead of complain about someone living out their dream. How is that dramatic? She moved fought hard and here she is last days of TC.  I pray anyone as passionate as that acheives every goal that set for themselves. I predict she will make the team!! Tears of joy will roll down my face for her!! I think Kelsey should make the team as well! I love the underdog! AAIA coach should be proud of her girls. Kelli I believe has secured her spot. 

i could not of said this any better. I totally agree!!!

• Love 5
(edited)

47 girls taken to TC. 8 girls cut to date

Whitney

Jackie

Lindsay

Bethany

Celinda

Emma (Whoops! I mean EMILY)

Sheridan

Brennan

That leaves 39 girls. If the magic number is 36, then 3 more girls need to get cut. I agree with the above. For some unknown reason at this time Kelli already put Yuko on the squad. It's going to be a rough heartbreaking week for all those girls left in TC...and us. These RC still haven't made the team but already have fans. 

Edited by TiaGrace
Thanks Sunwave!
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

47 girls taken to TC. 8 girls cut to date

Whitney

Jackie

Lindsay

Bethany

Celinda

Emma

Sheridan

Brennan

That leaves 39 girls. If the magic number is 36, then 3 more girls need to get cut. I agree with the above. For some unknown reason at this time Kelli already put Yuko on the squad. It's going to be a rough heartbreaking week for all those girls left in TC...and us. These RC still haven't made the team but already have fans. 

I think you mean Emily not Emma!

• Love 1
On 7/23/2016 at 0:09 AM, RhiRhi said:

You can't really see Amy's flawless skin in this video

maybe DCC can incorporate some of those moves into their routines 

Ummm, thats hip hop was she suppossed to break out in hi-kicks and splits at a snoop concert...good grief!! To me it shows that she can dance all styles. Hip hop is not a taboo form of dance.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

Isn't the number in camp down to 39 now? That would mean just 3 more cuts.

Ahh yes you're right. 3-5 more cuts (if for some reason they decide to go to 34). I hadn't taken Brennan off my list yet!

On 7/23/2016 at 2:53 AM, KellyAnn3 said:

So in that Snoop video, we have Viv, Amy, one of the blonde AAIAs, and Kelsey. And they were there as representatives of a team they are employed by. And that team is run by someone Kelli and Judy know and trust enough to use as a guest choreographer. The event was a private party for a marketing firm--not a strip club or bachelor party. Several Cowboys players were there, too.

Here's a description of the event:

I'm sorry, but I just can't hold that against her. If they're comfortable twerking in public, it'd be silly to turn down such a high profile event for fear that some people on the internet may think you're trashy.

Great Info, but I dont see any posters throwing Kelsey under the bus and she was right next to Amy!!

Just now, DCCFAN71 said:

Great Info, but I dont see any posters throwing Kelsey under the bus and she was right next to Amy!!

Because Kelsey was not there... Why would anyone throw her under the bus, and for what? The dark hair girls were  Vivian and Staisha who are both AAIA. Smh

I am also really rooting for Allie!  She seems like a great dancer, but also, I am dying to see her cameo!  Remember at auditions her calves looked so big?  I wonder if the boots were an issue? I hope not!  And I think she would look really good in the boots.  (kinda like how the boots hide Melissa's cankles)  (Also ps- i love that Allie has big calves because so do I and I love that melissa has cankles, like a poster said before, it's nice to see they all aren't perfect)

• Love 3

It's getting so close! 

I know we only saw like 30 seconds of Michelle's choreo so it's hard to judge but I couldn't pick out 1 girl that wasn't as strong as all the others. Let alone 3. I think it's literally gonna come down to who can hold it together in front of K and J tonight and tomorrow, or bad kicks. I'd think bad kickers would have been weeded out by now though? 

I'd imagine anyone that didn't "look" right would have been cut after cameos. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

Because Kelsey was not there... Why would anyone throw her under the bus, and for what? The dark hair girls were  Vivian and Staisha who are both AAIA. Smh

That video didn't stop Stashia from making the DMD.

• Love 3

Let me know if I'm rambling on an on, I feel like the girls must feel at this point but in a mothering way where I want to hug the ones that get cut and tell them it will be ok. 

With that being said, I do hope that the 3 that get cut are not any of the ones that have tried out multiple years. It would be so much easier if it were the girls that have only tried out once. I know it can't always be that way.

One more thing, has a vet ever been cut in training camp or real close to team announcement? 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

One more thing, has a vet ever been cut in training camp or real close to team announcement? 

Kaitlin LeGrand was cut for initially missing an entire rehearsal and ultimately not wearing the right practice attire then I think Kelli went outside to the practice field and held a short practice and announced the team.  Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
wording
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Let me know if I'm rambling on an on, I feel like the girls must feel at this point but in a mothering way where I want to hug the ones that get cut and tell them it will be ok. 

With that being said, I do hope that the 3 that get cut are not any of the ones that have tried out multiple years. It would be so much easier if it were the girls that have only tried out once. I know it can't always be that way.

Vet Chelsey was let go for being "toxic" in the locker room.  Vet Hannah was cut due to repeated weight warnings.

• Love 1
Just now, Elizabeth9 said:

I hope it's not a "bloodbath."  I like Amy, but I don't have a good feeling for her.  

I love Amy but I've got a bad gut feeling, I hope it's just gas....

• Love 4

I'm not an Amy fan, it has to do with her dancing and I think she has short little legs that the boots will eat up so I'm thinking she may be cut but if she is, I wonder why they dragged it out so much

16 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I'm not an Amy fan, it has to do with her dancing and I think she has short little legs that the boots will eat up so I'm thinking she may be cut but if she is, I wonder why they dragged it out so much

Dragging it out is what I'm bothered by, you're right, her legs aren't any longer than any other year so if she has to go they never should have taken her cause it will break her heart and mine.

Does anyone have predictions on who the cuts will be? I haven't seen all of the rookies dance, so I wonder who you guys think/have heard are the weakest ones? I assumed Amy, but she's made it this far so she must have really improved! Good for her! Even if she has improved though - I wonder if she's still better than (at least) 3 of the other rookies to be able to make the squad. I wish they could take 39 and make everyone happy! 

• Love 2

Can someone remind me when the last day of training camp is?

7 minutes ago, AmberRP said:

Does anyone have predictions on who the cuts will be? I haven't seen all of the rookies dance, so I wonder who you guys think/have heard are the weakest ones? I assumed Amy, but she's made it this far so she must have really improved! Good for her! Even if she has improved though - I wonder if she's still better than (at least) 3 of the other rookies to be able to make the squad. I wish they could take 39 and make everyone happy! 

I wish I knew. At this point in TC is when K&J start to get really picky in order to narrow down to the 36. I really hope there is a little bit of wiggle room with that number.