Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Well, if Yuko gets to stay in camp and make the team after missing so much, they must really want her.  I just don't think it's very fair to the other girls who were there every single day and end up getting cut.  If you know you need a visa and the Cowboys do not sponsor the visa, it falls on you to get everything squared away before auditioning.  The only thing I can think of is that she applied for her visa well within the time frame and it was denied somehow.  You know how government red tape can be.  Still, missing that much of camp and being allowed to stay just doesn't seem fair to the others.  Of course, I don't know all the details and if they are giving her this much leeway, there must be a good reason that was outside of her control. I do hope than CMT sheds some light on this if she ends up making the team.  If they're only taking 36 and you were one of the girls cut the very last week and she stayed, wouldn't you feel upset?

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

Well, if Yuko gets to stay in camp and make the team after missing so much, they must really want her.  I just don't think it's very fair to the other girls who were there every single day and end up getting cut.  If you know you need a visa and the Cowboys do not sponsor the visa, it falls on you to get everything squared away before auditioning.  The only thing I can think of is that she applied for her visa well within the time frame and it was denied somehow.  You know how government red tape can be.  Still, missing that much of camp and being allowed to stay just doesn't seem fair to the others.  Of course, I don't know all the details and if they are giving her this much leeway, there must be a good reason that was outside of her control. I do hope than CMT sheds some light on this if she ends up making the team.  If they're only taking 36 and you were one of the girls cut the very last week and she stayed, wouldn't you feel upset?

Absolutely! 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

I think I would be upset but I also don't know her personally...from what i hear, she is a truly wonderful girl, well-liked and a very good dancer.  Since she is a 'fast learner' I bet they are waiting to see if she quickly picks up the across the field.  I feel like that will be a factor.  If she can't get that well enough, $$$ spent and tourist visa aside, I don't think they'd pick her unless they truly feel she fits. Will def be interesting to see!! 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think I would be upset but I also don't know her personally...from what i hear, she is a truly wonderful girl, well-liked and a very good dancer.  Since she is a 'fast learner' I bet they are waiting to see if she quickly picks up the across the field.  I feel like that will be a factor.  If she can't get that well enough, $$$ spent and tourist visa aside, I don't think they'd pick her unless they truly feel she fits. Will def be interesting to see!! 

I definitely think there must be something they really like about her for them to give her so much time to get the visa squared away. If they weren't sure about her, I think they might have already cut her.  From everything I've heard about her, she is very well liked and a lovely dancer, so I guess we'll have to see.  I've just never seen them let any other TCC miss this much camp before!

• Love 3
Just now, SopranoKris said:

I definitely think there must be something they really like about her for them to give her so much time to get the visa squared away. If they weren't sure about her, I think they might have already cut her.  From everything I've heard about her, she is very well liked and a lovely dancer, so I guess we'll have to see.  I've just never seen them let any other TCC miss this much camp before!

Yay - am rooting for her!

• Love 3

I'd be really upset that she was allowed to miss so much of practice and then still made the team regardless of how well-liked she is and how great of a dancer she is. It's just not fair in my opinion.

(edited)

I hope Kelli, Amy, Kelsey all make it. I hope their kicks are up to par and they're not just one season only girls.

Did Yuko show up last night?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 4

I'm not even sure I would mind if Kelsey was a 1 year girl, I just want her to be on the team at least for a year lol

4 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I'm not even sure I would mind if Kelsey was a 1 year girl, I just want her to be on the team at least for a year lol

Me too,  I am originally from SC too, so I think  that's why I am really pulling for her

• Love 2
(edited)

"Issues".  Visa issues, injury issues, pageant issues, college and school issues, age issues...... And so on. Girls who are 17.99999 have the issue of waiting til they are 18 to audition.  Your either ready and able or your not. Everyone else has to "come back next year" when they've worked through their issues.....  Sorry but...

Edited by flightlevel
  • Love 4

As Yuko is Japanese she would be here on the 90 day visa-waiver, which technically isn't a visa at all.  That being said, if she was to get an O visa she would again have the fly back to Japan to go to the consulate and get her new work visa.  You also can't work on the visa waiver. The wait get the work visa approved could be at least a few months. 

Angela came on a student visa (not sure what she was 'studying') which allows you to work to support your studies and then I assume the DCC sponsored her at some point before she got married. 

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I'd be really upset that she was allowed to miss so much of practice and then still made the team regardless of how well-liked she is and how great of a dancer she is. It's just not fair in my opinion.

yeah I get that ... but it seems like they make different rules for different people (eg, Melissa and her weight gain, Amy and her thickness, etc etc)

4 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

As Yuko is Japanese she would be here on the 90 day visa-waiver, which technically isn't a visa at all.  That being said, if she was to get an O visa she would again have the fly back to Japan to go to the consulate and get her new work visa.  You also can't work on the visa waiver. The wait get the work visa approved could be at least a few months. 

Angela came on a student visa (not sure what she was 'studying') which allows you to work to support your studies and then I assume the DCC sponsored her at some point before she got married. 

maybe she was "studying" dance?  There's a dance school in my city where they sponsor a lot of int'l kids to come to U.S. to study dance.  It's kinda odd but I guess it makes sense if you're career is dancing.  In my mind, at least one book should be involved to qualify as studying but what do I know

• Love 3
(edited)

I really don't think a weight gain or "thickness" can be put in the same discussion as visa issues.  A visa is a legal document allowing someone to live/work in this country.  Therefore, a lot more serious of an issue.

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ChlcGirl said:

I really don't think a weight gain or "thickness" (which I really dislike in regards to Amy) can be put in the same discussion as visa issues.  A visa is a legal document allowing someone to live/work in this country.  Therefore, a lot more serious of an issue.

It is more "serious" in terms of a lot of it (process, decisioning, timing) not 100% within your control. My comparison is more along the lines that K+J have different rules or are willing to be more flexible for some people vs. others.  This is regardless of how serious we view an issue.  They bend their backs for some, not for others.

• Love 4

Whether it is Yuko's fault or not doesn't matter.  She can't be here without the proper paperwork.

Of course K&J twist situations as they see fit.  Anyone watching a season would know that lol  I'm just saying that likening weight gain or technique issues with something like this is apples and kumquats.  They aren't even in the same ballpark.  If she did not have the proper paperwork in hand in May (whether through her fault or the government's) she had no business being allowed to even try out.

• Love 5
(edited)

The Yuko situation is not unfair to the girls who have been cut. Those girls were/will be cut because they don't have what it takes to make the team. Yuko has nothing to do with it. They would've been cut anyway.

What I find unfair is you must come to practice with mono, but hey, here's a week to fly home and fix your visa issues. 

But guess what? Life is not fair. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Also Kitty has been pushing Yuko since last fall, and we know how much weight her word carries  (coughMorgancough). 

She's also been pushing Kelli for YEARS and we see how much good that did.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Also Kitty has been pushing Yuko since last fall, and we know how much weight her word carries  (coughMorgancough). 

And Michelle Keys endorsed her...

• Love 1

I don't want to give the impression that I have anything against Yuko.  I don't.  She is lovely and I assume that she's a good dancer.  My issue is just with the visa stuff.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

"International Applicants:  When applying for any type of visa, please keep in mind that the Dallas Cowboys do not “sponsor” international candidates. Please work through the US consulate/embassy in your home country to obtain the proper visa for audition travel, and be mindful of extended timeline should you be selected as a Dallas Cowboy’s Cheerleader"

It costs the sponsor several thousand dollars to pay for international lawyers to fill out the appropriate paperwork. Definitely not something I could see in the DCC budget so it makes sense they have a policy against it.

Edited by Dior98
  • Love 1

I am really not a fan of Yuko anymore over all this special treatment she's gotten.  If she was relying on people like Kitty and Michelle's endorsements to the point that she felt she could get away w/ not having the proper Visas/documentation to last her the entire season, that's even worse.   If something was "in process" or had the potential to not be approved at auditions, she took a big risk.  She also could end up hurting the team and her group if after the 3 months she has to go back to Japan and deal w/ this stuff again.   What if she misses a game or an important performance?  Emma might be filing in a lot again, but this time for a rookie. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

What about Kelli? Kitty pushed for her even harder. She's been trying to make the team for years!

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Whether it is Yuko's fault or not doesn't matter.  She can't be here without the proper paperwork.

Of course K&J twist situations as they see fit.  Anyone watching a season would know that lol  I'm just saying that likening weight gain or technique issues with something like this is apples and kumquats.  They aren't even in the same ballpark.  If she did not have the proper paperwork in hand in May (whether through her fault or the government's) she had no business being allowed to even try out.

I was not judging whether she had any business trying out or not.  My point stopped at K+J twisting situations as they see fit.  And, Yuko, Melissa, Amy, etc etc are all examples of that.  That's it .... full stop... a very simple high-level point.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

The Yuko situation is not unfair to the girls who have been cut. Those girls were/will be cut because they don't have what it takes to make the team. Yuko has nothing to do with it. They would've been cut anyway.

What I find unfair is you must come to practice with mono, but hey, here's a week to fly home and fix your visa issues. 

But guess what? Life is not fair. 

Who had to come to practice with mono? That sounds dangerous

12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I am really not a fan of Yuko anymore over all this special treatment she's gotten.  If she was relying on people like Kitty and Michelle's endorsements to the point that she felt she could get away w/ not having the proper Visas/documentation to last her the entire season, that's even worse.   If something was "in process" or had the potential to not be approved at auditions, she took a big risk.  She also could end up hurting the team and her group if after the 3 months she has to go back to Japan and deal w/ this stuff again.   What if she misses a game or an important performance?  Emma might be filing in a lot again, but this time for a rookie. 

Be interesting to see how the full real story plays out on TV ... well, I guess as much of a real story as what we'll get to see

2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Who had to come to practice with mono? That sounds dangerous

Be interesting to see how the full real story plays out on TV ... well, I guess as much of a real story as what we'll get to see

Melissa Rycroft.  

I'm sure the special treatment that Yuko is getting has a lot to do with diversity and the desire to have an Asian on the team.  Others wouldn't be given the same leeway.  I remember the year Paula Tabares tried out and ALL the judges were discussing how she didn't have the dance technique, but then Charlotte shut it all down with a "No, she has a look we don't have."  Translation:  We need a hispanic girl, so let's give her a pass.  And of course, she flamed out after only a few rehearsals.  

2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Melissa Rycroft.  

Really!  Wow ... that sounds a bit cray to me.  How much of a dance are you going to learn while half delirious with a fever and coughing/sneezing up the whazzu?  I get that they want to prevent people from using illness as a "my dog ate my homework" excuse but hopefully they are more lenient in real life

4 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I'm sure the special treatment that Yuko is getting has a lot to do with diversity and the desire to have an Asian on the team.  Others wouldn't be given the same leeway.  I remember the year Paula Tabares tried out and ALL the judges were discussing how she didn't have the dance technique, but then Charlotte shut it all down with a "No, she has a look we don't have."  Translation:  We need a hispanic girl, so let's give her a pass.  And of course, she flamed out after only a few rehearsals.  

They can't find a girl of Asian decent who is legally in this country?   Go recruiting at dance competitions like they have for so many others over the years...

• Love 2
14 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

I would like see Auto Amy cut, just because I don't think she's DCC material.  Everyone else seems great!  I would be upset if Kelsey, Kyndall  , Kelli Q or Madeline were cut. 

I have the exact same feelings about who I want and don't want.  Hopefully that's how it will end up!

3 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

If she was relying on people like Kitty and Michelle's endorsements to the point that she felt she could get away w/ not having the proper Visas/documentation to last her the entire season, that's even worse.   

43 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yes, but you have no idea if this is even true, or what happened. 

4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Life isn't fair. Entertainment industry isn't fair. In the big picture this a part time hobby and not curing cancer or maintaining peace. If they want Yuko enough they'll keep her if it take walking thru fire.

Seriously. It's not like her going back to Japan prevented someone from getting the drugs they needed for a medical treatment. This is, after all, only professional cheerleading. 

Ultimately, this is all on Kelli. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Wow! Did Charlotte really say that about one of the candidates? That she has a look we don't have?  lol

It was something like that.... I don't think she meant it from a Hispanic perspective. Paula had a very unique look and she was from South America, which is really cool, and I don't know if they've ever had someone from South America on the team. It wasn't just a "oh we need a token Hispanic girl" They've had lots of Latinas on the team. Think Trevino sisters.

8 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yes, but you have no idea if this is even true, or what happened. 

Seriously. It's not like her going back to Japan prevented someone from getting the drugs they needed for a medical treatment. This is, after all, only professional cheerleading. 

Ultimately, this is all on Kelli. 

lol ... totally.  And at the end of the day, it would suck most for her if they decide after all that, not to take her. Japan definitely isn't cheap and to buy a ticket during the summertime? Aikes!!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Anyone post any "this is gd plan" or "I am strong" quotes lately?

everyone has been very quiet on social media. Emily posts them all the time 

2 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

I don't want to give the impression that I have anything against Yuko.  I don't.  She is lovely and I assume that she's a good dancer.  My issue is just with the visa stuff.

Same here, I really like Yuko, I voted for her too. I was just wondering....do they want her even more because she's from another country, doesn't speak English, etc? It shows that anyone from anywhere can mtt? Sort of an ambassador already but doesn't speak English? Maybe I'm reading to much into it. I just can't help but to think there may be some bitterness about it from the girls who have recently been cut. And I might too be bitter if one of my favorites gets cut and she stays.

23 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Same here, I really like Yuko, I voted for her too. I was just wondering....do they want her even more because she's from another country, doesn't speak English, etc? It shows that anyone from anywhere can mtt? Sort of an ambassador already but doesn't speak English? Maybe I'm reading to much into it. I just can't help but to think there may be some bitterness about it from the girls who have recently been cut. And I might too be bitter if one of my favorites gets cut and she stays.

I remember in one of the early seasons they had a girl from Japan, Yoshiko.  She was a one seasoner.  Anyone know what happened to her?

(edited)

Reality is that if Yuko is getting special treatment, in my opinion it's not her fault or something that should be held against her. If Kelli and co like her enough to allow her to travel home to attempt taking care of the visa stuff, good on her. What's she supposed to do? Is she supposed to say, no, sorry, I think I'll just go home because this doesn't seem fair to the other girls? I think pretty much anyone would take advantage of that opportunity if it was given to them.

I guess the real question to me is what the situation really is with her visa. Like others have said, it could be her fault for not filing paperwork correctly, but it's also possible that she filed everything correctly and did what was asked of her and her visa was still denied. There's really no way for us to know that, so I'm just curious to see if the visa situation is addressed on the show and what information is given. I'm not ready to write Yuko off quite yet.

I think it's also worth mentioning that Yuko's fate probably isn't linked to the cut of any of the other girls, since those girls who have been cut probably would be cut regardless of Yuko's situation. We've seen in the past that they've taken less girls a lot of years, so I really think that regardless of whether Yuko makes the team or not, the results for the cut girls would probably have been the same. I doubt any of them blame her, or will blame her, for their cuts.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 13
(edited)

I don't think Yuko being kept has affected the cuts this year.  I just don't think she should have been invited for TC at all since she didn't have the paperwork necessary to take part, per their own rules.

Edited by ChlcGirl
Autocorrect is evil.
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ChlcGirl said:

I remember in one of the early seasons they had a girl from Japan, Yoshiko.  She was a one seasoner.  Anyone know what happened to her?

I just watched that today!

• Love 1

It seems to me that what I have seen of girls like Yuko is that on DCC and other teams, they stay one year and are gone.  Either by their choice or teams'.  It seems I have seen some with 5 or more different teams they have cheered for.  Perhaps longevity with the teams is not something that is a priority but perhaps the number of teams.  Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, ChlcGirl said:

I don't think Yuko being kept has affected the cuts this year.  I just don't think she should have been invited for TC at all since she didn't have the paperwork necessary to take part, per their own rules.

That's fair and I don't necessarily disagree with that. I can't say I'm surprised though because we've seen allowances made in the past, and it will continue to happen for girls that the organization really likes. This situation is just a little different from other situations we've seen in the past I think.

Didn't one of the insiders say the girls were actually getting paid for training camp? I'm not sure but I think that's what someone said. But if that's the case, they would already be breaking the law by paying Yuko anything as she's not permitted to work in the US. 

1 hour ago, RhiRhi said:

Didn't one of the insiders say the girls were actually getting paid for training camp? I'm not sure but I think that's what someone said. But if that's the case, they would already be breaking the law by paying Yuko anything as she's not permitted to work in the US. 

Yeah, either dalgal or TXStar said they are paid. No idea how that is structured though.

5 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

I think she went back to Japan. She was colts cheerleader prior to becoming a DCC.