Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I imagine they use air brush make up and lots more than usual for the squad photo.  It could be a filter but that kind of make up is par for the course for that kind of event. I still think they look amazing. 

Yeah I bet they do use airbrush for the girls, and since they  have make up artist do their make up for them that day, they don't really have a choice about how heavy it is.  I agree with you, they both look pretty amazing to me too. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That pic of Kelsey and Tasha - does she have some kind of filter on it, bc they look like makeup is literally painted on drag queen style. Not flattering. 

aikes now that Tasha has made DCC, how will she find time to do her harlequin romance cover poses with her hubby???

• Love 10
1 hour ago, mcmrdh said:

Yeah I bet they do use airbrush for the girls, and since they  have make up artist do their make up for them that day, they don't really have a choice about how heavy it is.  I agree with you, they both look pretty amazing to me too. 

Oh I still think they looking amazing!  I'm sure they have air brushed or something, regardless, they look great.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Kelsey is on the left in this pic below...they seriously look like Barbie and Teresa! (wasn't that the name of one of Barbie's best friends? drawing a blank but that sounds right lol) 

Haha yes! They just need a redhead to be Midge.

• Love 1

I was watching season 10 earlier, I cannot believe how much Madeline has changed. She looks like a completely different person. I am so happy for her making the team this year. She is another one of my favorites.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

I was watching season 10 earlier, I cannot believe how much Madeline has changed. She looks like a completely different person. I am so happy for her making the team this year. She is another one of my favorites.

she looks totally different!!  I wonder if she underwent make-over for DCC or if she just decided to mix up her look.  I remember thinking her hair was super goth that first year of try-outs

• Love 4
1 hour ago, pink317 said:

Not doubting anyone's cred but finding it hard to believe that Jenny Kat has been top of the triangle since Holly left but is now getting booted for Jenna, 10 days before the first pregame? WHY? Give us the deets.

I'm a HUGE Jenna fan so I'm excited she finally gets to shine! No offense to Jennifer fans but like someone said before...the facebook chat aka "Jennifer show" was kind of over the top for me. I really wanted to hear Jenna speak since she has been on the team the longest. She definitely deserves the spot this year for all her years of dedication. I'm so glad K&J recognized that. Yay Jenna!!!!  

• Love 1

Whoa - this news about Kelsey being out of thunderstruck at the preview is pretty big.   Dang - that's got to be rough, and somewhat embarrassing, for a rookie IMO.   If they show that on the show it will be drama filled I'm sure.

Kelseys dancing wasn't the best from her fan vote video, but I didn't realize she couldn't dance well in a group :/ (which I'm assuming is why they are pulling her).  Or can't she kick?

• Love 2

I dont prefer Jennifer over Jenna... (and often get "Jennifer fatigue" as well), I just would like to know why the point girl is getting booted 10 days before pregame? I've been a big fan of the team for 10 years now and never seen that happen. During spring/summer they will test out the top candidates but its usually set by opening ceremony. I would be upset if I was booted right before my big debut!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, pink317 said:

I dont prefer Jennifer over Jenna... (and often get "Jennifer fatigue" as well), I just would like to know why the point girl is getting booted 10 days before pregame? I've been a big fan of the team for 10 years now and never seen that happen. During spring/summer they will test out the top candidates but its usually set by opening ceremony. I would be upset if I was booted right before my big debut!

I don't think it sounds like she's getting booted. It just sounds like they're going to alternate. Also it might just be for certain shows as others have said, so we'll just have to wait and see how it goes down.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Jenna is one of my least favorite DCCs -- with that short neck, she looks like a 12 year old boy in drag to me.

I think she's very pretty and a great performer, but I don't care for the over flirtatious shoulder shimmy and woo hoo in so many clips of Jenna. It comes off as Playmate cheap. I don't think Jenna is cheap, but just hate that mannerism. 

29 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I don't think it sounds like she's getting booted. It just sounds like they're going to alternate. Also it might just be for certain shows as others have said, so we'll just have to wait and see how it goes down.

They've done that before, especially for longer sections of the BCA halftime, Halloween show, etc. I like it when they alternate. So many talented girls, there's room to highlight many of them.

• Love 2

Simone has a concussion :( they will probably take her out along with Yuko and Kelsey. That will put them at 34 girls total... I really wish they didn't take Kelsey out. She's my favorite rookie so far :(

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, abbyf123 said:

Simone has a concussion :( they will probably take her out along with Yuko and Kelsey. That will put them at 34 girls total... I really wish they didn't take Kelsey out. She's my favorite rookie so far :(

Oh no!!! That's terrible. How did that happen???

• Love 1

Aw no poor Simone. And Kelsey! Also... if anyone on this forum is planning to go to any of the preseason games or even a regular game, can you please film the DCC and post in on youtube. For someone that lives on the other side of the world, I'm gonna say that I will probably never go to a game.. haha. Although I did do the Cowboys Stadium tour 4 years ago and visited the cheerleaders locker room but before I was a fan. Wish I could redo it now that I am a fan of DCC.  

• Love 2

I read these forums faithfully...what (and hiw) did I miss something about Kelsey? She was pulled from pre-game? Not the rest of the game? Isn't that odd? When Jordan got benched in S7, they kept her in Thunderstruck because of what it does to formations when they pull a girl, so this seems odd. 

...just found the post.  Wow.  I'm sad to hear that.  I was pulling for her

Edited by English Teacher
1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

Aw no poor Simone. And Kelsey! Also... if anyone on this forum is planning to go to any of the preseason games or even a regular game, can you please film the DCC and post in on youtube. For someone that lives on the other side of the world, I'm gonna say that I will probably never go to a game.. haha. Although I did do the Cowboys Stadium tour 4 years ago and visited the cheerleaders locker room but before I was a fan. Wish I could redo it now that I am a fan of DCC.  

We are thinking we will go to one of the preseason games. If we do, I will! Tickets are selling really cheap right now- like 6 bucks, but I like to sit down so I'll pay more. Lol

• Love 3

Is CMT still taping? Because pulling a rookie DCC days before a pregame show stinks of stunt queen shenanigans to me. Is Kelli itching to cut a rookie after "Making The Team" to show how World Class wrong they were? 

If they want drama, have Kelli cut Kelsey at an actual game. I'm sure both male AND female Dallas Cowboy fans alike would stone Kelli with their beer cups. 

Seriously though, I feel super bad for Kelsey. It's time for a prayer circle, Kelsey fans! I'm lighting a candle for her tonight. 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

I read these forums faithfully...what (and hiw) did I miss something about Kelsey? She was pulled from pre-game? Not the rest of the game? Isn't that odd? When Jordan got benched in S7, they kept her in Thunderstruck because of what it does to formations when they pull a girl, so this seems odd. 

...just found the post.  Wow.  I'm sad to hear that.  I was pulling for her

I can't say a lot on this, huff at me if you'd like lol...but for those who are also Kelsey fans and concerned...don't be.  She is not in danger of being removed from squad, benched, etc.  I'm sorry to not say more, so believe me or not lol But I will just say that I'm now feeling 1000 times better and am confident she is going to prove people wrong and have a great season.  :)  Again, this sounds a lot more dire than it is.  

And for the person who asked a few pages back about Kelsey's hair - she said that it was super shiny for the pictures from a gloss she got at Tangerine.  She said it was tinted more than they thought tho and she had darker hair than what i guess she was supposed to have for the pic LOL  And she confirmed that Milan's cameo pic has her with different hair than she has now! She said Milan's color was actually very pretty in person but a bad fit for her. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Lisacjntx said:

Regarding All Star ending at 18/19.  That is not true.  Once you age out of L5 you can perform on any level "open" team including L6.  Some guys do all star into their 30's.

Unless you are near a big gym then L6 teams aren't really an option. 

I will be bluntly honest, I am still in shock Kelsey made training camp let alone the team. In my own personal opinion she isn't ready. The power and style aren't there. The night the team was announced she was getting called out for her kicks not improving and still being bent, low, and tight. She hasn't made I through an entire run of Thunderstruck without mistakes. She needs a solid year of DCC training not Ice Angels or any other semi pro team. In my honest opinion she made the team thanks to CMT. Every other girl that attended Melissa's class was cut besides Kelsey. CMT couldn't have Melissa's segment looking as pointless and ratings thirsty as it is. So for that they searched for flaws in Kyndall, Heather O., Auto Amy, Milan, and Jessika. Do I think if Kyndall had attended the workshop she would have made the team over Kelsey? definitely. Though I think I any girl would rather make the team off skill not being "Melissa's Girl". Especially since that has seemed to be the kiss of death since Melissa joined the show along with fan vote. I am not shocked Kelsey was taken out of Thunder, I hope for her own personal embarrassment she can get it together and be put back in. Though at the expense of the team if shes not ready I wouldn't want to see her on the field.

25 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Is CMT still taping? Because pulling a rookie DCC days before a pregame show stinks of stunt queen shenanigans to me. Is Kelli itching to cut a rookie after "Making The Team" to show how World Class wrong they were? 

If they want drama, have Kelli cut Kelsey at an actual game. I'm sure both male AND female Dallas Cowboy fans alike would stone Kelli with their beer cups

Seriously though, I feel super bad for Kelsey. It's time for a prayer circle, Kelsey fans! I'm lighting a candle for her tonight. 

I don't see the fans caring that much considering they haven't seen her dance and she to me is more pretty face than talent. Just my opinion though.

• Love 9

I am sure CMT is filming since the Meet the Team performance is sometime next week, and the first home game is not until Friday 8/19. If they do have three girls out for the pregame performance, I cannot wait for the drama factor to kick in. "Oh no, we have three girls out, what will we do!" "This is a disaster waiting to happen!" "The pressure is on!" "We have to redo everything and move the whole team around!" "This can throw off the whole performance!."  "I am a little nervous right now!" "I have been waiting to be a DCC all my life!" "The fans will notice a crooked line!" "It will only get harder and harder!" "The fans are wowed when the girls start the kick line!"

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am sure CMT is filming since the Meet the Team performance is sometime next week, and the first home game is not until Friday 8/19. If they do have three girls out for the pregame performance, I cannot wait for the drama factor to kick in. "Oh no, we have three girls out, what will we do!" "This is a disaster waiting to happen!" "The pressure is on!" "We have to redo everything and move the whole team around!" "This can throw off the whole performance!."  "I am a little nervous right now!" "I have been waiting to be a DCC all my life!" "The fans will notice a crooked line!" "It will only get harder and harder!" "The fans are wowed when the girls start the kick line!"

hahaha! spot on to all of this!! cue Charlotte showing up to 'check in' ;-D 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

I will be bluntly honest, I am still in shock Kelsey made training camp let alone the team. In my own personal opinion she isn't ready. The power and style aren't there. The night the team was announced she was getting called out for her kicks not improving and still being bent, low, and tight. She hasn't made I through an entire run of Thunderstruck without mistakes. She needs a solid year of DCC training not Ice Angels or any other semi pro team. In my honest opinion she made the team thanks to CMT. Every other girl that attended Melissa's class was cut besides Kelsey. CMT couldn't have Melissa's segment looking as pointless and ratings thirsty as it is. So for that they searched for flaws in Kyndall, Heather O., Auto Amy, Milan, and Jessika. Do I think if Kyndall had attended the workshop she would have made the team over Kelsey? definitely. Though I think I any girl would rather make the team off skill not being "Melissa's Girl". Especially since that has seemed to be the kiss of death since Melissa joined the show along with fan vote. I am not shocked Kelsey was taken out of Thunder, I hope for her own personal embarrassment she can get it together and be put back in. Though at the expense of the team if shes not ready I wouldn't want to see her on the field.

So are you saying Kyndall deserved to make the squad over Kelsey, but didn't because she didn't attend the mentoring session, Kelsey did, therefore she makes it and Kyndall does not? 

4 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

So are you saying Kyndall deserved to make the squad over Kelsey, but didn't because she didn't attend the mentoring session, Kelsey did, therefore she makes it and Kyndall does not? 

I don't think anyone "deserves" anything. I do believe Kyndall earned a spot, yes. she was given strong praise all of camp and was called into the office just to be given praise and encouragement. I do now think Judy having CMT tell them that it will help Kyndall make the team points toward the assumption that they wanted Kyndall on the team over Kelsey.

• Love 4

@TXStar35 THANK YOU for stating what we some of us already knew -  Melissa does have some pull with who makes the team. She can't be touted as an expert at whatever and not pick out one girl who can actually make the team.

Unrelated but what the heck is up with Kelsey not knowing Thunderstruck of all routines? NO sympathy for any TCC who can't get Thunderstruck when there are 500 youtube videos out there. I know it pretty well at this point (self taught but I can pick up choreo well off youtube) and an active dancer who has wanted this for four years has no excuse. Disappointing!

• Love 6

I wouldn't say Melissa has pull who makes the team. I think it says way more about what they are doing for ratings and the perception of the show. They didn't make to make Melissa's mentoring sessions look bad so they kept Kelsey over someone better (although I love Kelsey!)

• Love 1

I think this demonstrates CMT scripting has a pull, not Melissa. Melissa is following script and doing what she's told. If they can film a mentoring scene with her and certain girls, whoever they are, they have show footage. A girl decides not to film, no footage. CMT could swap out anyone for Melissa, and get their footage. They just hired Melissa to draw in a bigger audience. She's providing footage, not any real mentoring or guidance. Nice work if you can get it. 

• Love 8

I can't believe Judy or Kelli would listen to CMT to form their team.  I do believe they listen to the gossip the vets give them concerning the candidates.  Melissa is a judge now, but seriously, putting a team together is a serious business for Judy & Kelli.  CMT is there to record the happenings of the training camp.  Why would they listen to CMT about whom to put on their team?  I understand that they need to do what the top bosses want, but that would be Charlotte & her dad business wise.  I really can't believe the show would influence them.

• Love 2

Oh yes you are right, I don't think Melissa cares about the girls in particular but does care about looking bad- if none of her girls make it she doesn't look like the expert at whatever. Once her set of girls are established, whether she is involved with that or not, being one of them can help get you on the team. 

7 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I can't believe Judy or Kelli would listen to CMT to form their team.  I do believe they listen to the gossip the vets give them concerning the candidates.  Melissa is a judge now, but seriously, putting a team together is a serious business for Judy & Kelli.  CMT is there to record the happenings of the training camp.  Why would they listen to CMT about whom to put on their team?  I understand that they need to do what the top bosses want, but that would be Charlotte & her dad business wise.  I really can't believe the show would influence them.

I think it's more of a business than we realize BUT I also think that at the end of the day, Kelli can say NO.  She got to take Yuko even tho it's over the 36 budget.  If she had so little faith in Kelsey I don't think she'd take her just to appease CMT at the risk of wrecking the squad.  In any case, if they were truly so against taking her then they have been lying to her face which is gross if true. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

I don't think anyone "deserves" anything. I do believe Kyndall earned a spot, yes. she was given strong praise all of camp and was called into the office just to be given praise and encouragement. I do now think Judy having CMT tell them that it will help Kyndall make the team points toward the assumption that they wanted Kyndall on the team over Kelsey.

It's semantics. I obviously meant "did you think Kyndall earned her spot" and it certainly sounds like you think Kyndall earned a spot over Kelsey. 

Very strange they took Kelsey over Kyndall, since it sounds like Kyndall was far better prepared. 

• Love 3

Considering we have no way of knowing if any of these rumors are true or not concerning Kelsey, Kyndall, etc., I'm reserving judgement until we know actual facts. I'm a big Kelsey fan, so I'm happy she made the team.  I'm sad for Kyndall because she seemed so sweet on her season of MTT. But we have no actual idea why she was really cut.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I agree - I think it's totally inappropriate.  Not sure why it's her business

Kelli probably feels like anything that hangs out of that uniform is her business. And since that encompasses about 85 to 90% of a girls geography, I would say Kelli feels quite entitled.

44 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

Backtracking- but mtt10 is on --Any thoughts on Jax? I agree with Kitty on her assessment  from training camp last year- yikes! Did she improve during the year?

she must have, she made show group! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandiedog said:

I've been thinking (can you smell wood burning?). For show drama, does anyone think they would call anyone back that's been cut? 

I wouldn't put it past them, and I'd love it if they did, but somehow I don't think this would be the year to do it. They're supposed to take 36, and they're already at 37, so if they lose someone they really don't need a replacement. Plus, even if they did need another body, they could pull from AllStars like they did last year with Emma.

I think if they wanted 38, and Charlotte would allow 2 over budget, they would'n't have cut Kyndall or Amy.

3 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

I don't see the fans caring that much considering they haven't seen her dance and she to me is more pretty face than talent. Just my opinion though.

I used to be a fan of Melissa's when she was a DCC, I was pissed off for her on the Bachelor, and loved her on DWTS. 

But now it's looking more and more like she's hanging onto her television 'career' as it were, hopping from CMT show to CMT show. She's an intelligent, articulate woman who obviously works the angles to get work, but I have to wonder if she wouldn't be better suited to move on to a REAL career at this point. Unless they are paying her an astronomical salary for this so-called mentoring, is the fluff work she's doing really worth being away from her home and family?

I think it was Jay who said one year about a candidate..  "She's past it" 

• Love 7