Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I really don't understand all the negative attention put on Auto Amy. How can you all have so much negativity for one person?!  She is a strong dancer. Extremely powerful which K&J love!! She has the prettiest smile out there. Gorgeous skin without makeup. Petite fit figure. Friendly.  As a AAIA everyone on the squad loves her. She brought the energy in the room. Get to know her. Funny how so many on here make fun of her and say she's dramatic and wish for her to fail. Unbelievable you can't see her passion! We could all learn to fight for what we dream of instead of complain about someone living out their dream. How is that dramatic? She moved fought hard and here she is last days of TC.  I pray anyone as passionate as that acheives every goal that set for themselves. I predict she will make the team!! Tears of joy will roll down my face for her!! I think Kelsey should make the team as well! I love the underdog! AAIA coach should be proud of her girls. Kelli I believe has secured her spot. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

I don't think Yuko being kept has affected the cuts this year.  I just don't think she should have been invited for TC at all since she didn't have the paperwork necessary to take part, per their own rules.

What you said! I also don't get how she isn't an "ambassador risk" if she doesn't have a good command of English. Many allowances are being made for her (supposedly) so she must be something out of this world.

• Love 3
(edited)

Interesting how there are so many brand new accounts coming online to chastise. I can certainly see it from both sides with Amy. She isn't my favorite and I did find her a little annoying last season. I did not think she would make camp this year and she proved me wrong. I then did not think she would make it this far into camp, but she's proved me wrong again. If she makes the team, good for her. I did not think that would ever happen, but obviously I do not know everything and only had what we've seen on the show to base that opinion on, and they did not cast her in a good light last year. However, what I think and what I want are two different things. I've never wished for her or any of the other girls to fail, and I will not be upset if she makes the team. I just prefer some other girls over her. Just my two cents.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 11
42 minutes ago, Dancemajor said:

I really don't understand all the negative attention put on Auto Amy. How can you all have so much negativity for one person?!  She is a strong dancer. Extremely powerful which K&J love!! She has the prettiest smile out there. Gorgeous skin without makeup. Petite fit figure. Friendly.  As a AAIA everyone on the squad loves her. She brought the energy in the room. Get to know her. Funny how so many on here make fun of her and say she's dramatic and wish for her to fail. Unbelievable you can't see her passion! We could all learn to fight for what we dream of instead of complain about someone living out their dream. How is that dramatic? She moved fought hard and here she is last days of TC.  I pray anyone as passionate as that acheives every goal that set for themselves. I predict she will make the team!! Tears of joy will roll down my face for her!! I think Kelsey should make the team as well! I love the underdog! AAIA coach should be proud of her girls. Kelli I believe has secured her spot. 

Im glad everyone on AAIA loves her, they'll be happy to have her back in a few weeks. I do agree with you though, I think Kelsey is great and Kelli will make the team. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Im glad everyone on AAIA loves her, they'll be happy to have her back in a few weeks. I do agree with you though, I think Kelsey is great and Kelli will make the team. 

I just spit out my water. 

I love Kelsey and Kelli too! 

• Love 5

I saw some snippet of this year's TC episode and Madeleine was crying too ("I said I wasn't going to cry this year").  I think it really is the high emotion and pressure.  I tend to get teary in certain circumstances and did so a couple years ago when I had to do a speech to over 100 people about someone we were honoring who wouldn't be here much longer.  I had to stop to try and collect myself.  A friend told me matter of factly I was just a crier and there was not one thing I could do about it.  So I've accepted it.  And I still tear up at the slightest sentimental thing.

• Love 4
(edited)

Amy's RBF isn't just RBF, it's an accurate reflection of her character.  She'd be a disastrous choice for the DCC, and I think Kelli and Judy know that.  She'll be cut this next week, and we'll all be better off as a result.  I wouldn't be surprised if these new accounts are Amy herself.  Ugh.

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Yeah, either dalgal or TXStar said they are paid. No idea how that is structured though.

They sign contracts at the beginning of training camp. The contract has a clause that allows the DCC to end it at Kelli's discretion (which allows for cuts to be made through the process.)

3 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Amy's RFB isn't just RFB, it's an accurate reflection of her character.  She'd be a disastrous choice for the DCC, and I think Kelli and Judy know that.  She'll be cut this next week, and we'll all be better off as a result.  I wouldn't be surprised if these new accounts are Amy herself.  Ugh.

I have an old account, and I think Amy is a great choice for DCC, She's beautiful, she's worked her ass off, she has transformed herself from the Detroit look to the DCC look, but most of all- she has had the courage, stamina and class to come back year after year and smile and hold her head high, despite the naysayers, and chase HER dream despite what anyone else thinks or says.

I've had the pleasure of meeting her in person, not in an audition or professional cheerleader role, and didn't pick up any ugly character traits about her. It was actually quite an ordinary, every day type encounter and she wasn't on camera or under any scrutiny. She could have been rude, hateful or shown bad character in that setting, but I never saw anything but a delightful person. 

7 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Amy's RFB isn't just RFB, it's an accurate reflection of her character.  She'd be a disastrous choice for the DCC, and I think Kelli and Judy know that.  She'll be cut this next week, and we'll all be better off as a result.  I wouldn't be surprised if these new accounts are Amy herself.  Ugh.

Could not have said it better myself.  The new accounts comment is hilarious!  

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Amy's RBF isn't just RBF, it's an accurate reflection of her character.  She'd be a disastrous choice for the DCC, and I think Kelli and Judy know that.  She'll be cut this next week, and we'll all be better off as a result.  I wouldn't be surprised if these new accounts are Amy herself.  Ugh.

Do you know Amy personally?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

I have an old account, and I think Amy is a great choice for DCC, She's beautiful, she's worked her ass off, she has transformed herself from the Detroit look to the DCC look, but most of all- she has had the courage, stamina and class to come back year after year and smile and hold her head high, despite the naysayers, and chase HER dream despite what anyone else thinks or says.

I've had the pleasure of meeting her in person, not in an audition or professional cheerleader role, and didn't pick up any ugly character traits about her. It was actually quite an ordinary, every day type encounter and she wasn't on camera or under any scrutiny. She could have been rude, hateful or shown bad character in that setting, but I never saw anything but a delightful person. 

I second this motion. I have never met Amy in person. I too see her as passionate instead of desperate. What impressed me was her reaching out to Jenn K. on her solo. I know Amy probably paid Jenn for her solo as Jenn is a dance teacher but money isn't everything. I just can't see Jenn K. Helping Amy if she is a desperate RBF unworthy of joining her as a fellow DCC. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Do you know Amy personally?

Do you have to know someone personally to see what they are like after the way they portray themselves in TV?  Editing does not put words In someone's mouth.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:
1 minute ago, missmansfield said:

Do you have to know someone personally to see what they are like after the way they portray themselves in TV?  Editing does not put words In someone's mouth.

(Can't get rid of these boxes, ugh)

Maybe not, but editing can splice words and actions and scenes to create a character that is not representative of who they are. The show UnReal displays this pretty efficiently. Also, like I said before, most of Amy's segments were filmed on long, stressful days like semis or finals. I can imagine I'd be more dramatic and teary than usual on days like that. A few minutes of someone's personality on TV does not even compare to knowing someone personally. If Amy is indeed dramatic and annoying for all of training camp, that will change my opinion of her, but for now I want to give her the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 8
(edited)
40 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Umm, YES. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 4
(edited)

You can't really see Amy's flawless skin in this video

maybe DCC can incorporate some of those moves into their routines 

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Any news on if a guest choreographer was there tonight?

i would think final cuts would be Monday or Tuesday 

They have to be soon. Really looking forward to finding out who made the team!

7 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

So this is the infamous Amy video, hah! Ok I get it. It's not wonderful as far as dcc goes but it's nt that bad. It's forgivable. I mean, we all remember Whitney and black face right?! If that's forgivable surely a little booty shaking (and for snoop! I think that makes it extra forgivable, cus well, it's snoop) is also. 

• Love 10

Paula Tabares and Charlotte's comment?  Charlotte Jones has said some things about different candidates over the years that are very cringe-worthy. Watch her over the various seasons and frame some of her comments in our current social climate and see if you don't give her the side-eye. She may be a lovely woman IRL, and perhaps the clips they show of her on MTT are meant to show the harsh realities of her job - I don't know. I do know that when I see her onscreen my first thought is always "uh-oh who's in her crosshairs this time".

I believe Yuko should've been shown the door the minute the visa problems appeared. The ridiculous amount of preferential treatment she's received far surpasses what eveyone used to say about Cassie getting away with things because she's Judy's daughter. The DCC will be around next year, which should provide Yuko ample opportunity to go get her business squared away and come back prepared to knock their socks off.  Any prospective employee that has this much drama around her while she's still trying to get the job, whether it's her fault or not, would make me wary of how much drama she's going to be when she's actually on the payroll. Her visa issues are not the DCC's problem and there are talented, beautiful dancers out there that can do the job with less risk to the organization. As someone mentioned up thread, this isn't rocket science. It's dancing - I'd rather see them take a project dancer than one who's an employment risk.

As for Auto Amy, I hope she makes it. I hope she's knocking their socks off, is a sociable, ambitious and fun girl and represents the Cowboys organization well. She's there putting in the work with the other RC's and the Vets, and I hope she has what it takes.  #teamAmy

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

maybe DCC can incorporate some of those moves into their routines 

I love Snoop. Amy looks hot "AF" here...

• Love 4
(edited)

^^ Didn't someone already post this and say that the AAIA director arranged for that job for these girls? 

Edited by Java
  • Love 3

I don't understand why it's an issue that Yuko is receiving "preferential treatment" - the entire squad is at the discretion of Kelli, Judy and Charlotte - if they see something special in her & think she's worth fighting for, then so be it. 

Maybe they have Japanese sponsors that they're desperate to impress, who knows? Hopefully she's featured on the show so we can see what the deal is.

• Love 1

I really liked Amy the first season she tried out and I wanted her to be an amazing dancer! Her clips from home were so cute. I was disappointed when her dancing wasn't great.  I wish they would do side-by-sides from the people who have tried out multiple times from their first auditions to this year.  It would be so cool to see how much they improved/changed. 

• Love 3

Is that Vivian next to Amy in that video? She's stumbling around all over the bloody place. 

I don't know if I like Amy, she was irritating last season but hopefully she is less so this season. I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt until it airs. Wasn't she rude to someone at the Belk show, belk staff? Or am I making that up? 

I'm sorry but that video is actually tragic. I hope that was just a ropey section, but aside from Viv who's thrashing around and slut dropping like there's no tomorrow, none of those girls seem to have any rhythm lol. 

I think that video will probably get brought up on MTT. 

• Love 3

So in that Snoop video, we have Viv, Amy, one of the blonde AAIAs, and Kelsey. And they were there as representatives of a team they are employed by. And that team is run by someone Kelli and Judy know and trust enough to use as a guest choreographer. The event was a private party for a marketing firm--not a strip club or bachelor party. Several Cowboys players were there, too.

Here's a description of the event:

Snoop will perform at a Friday-night private concert at Trees, thanks to Ray Clark, founder and CEO of The Marketing Arm. About 500 employees of the Dallas-based entertainment marketer are expected to see the Snoop show along with local celebs like Dallas Cowboys Sean Lee and Darren McFadden.

I'm sorry, but I just can't hold that against her. If they're comfortable twerking in public, it'd be silly to turn down such a high profile event for fear that some people on the internet may think you're trashy.

• Love 9

I am always surprised about how naive people are.

So the Cowboys say they won't sponsor a visa -- did it never cross anyone's mind that CMT would? Especially if it made a great story line. Are there still really people who think this show is about K&J picking a team with no outside influence? I want to give those people head pats!

Also, I will maintain again the "Dallas dance scene" is lol hysterical. It is always very easy to read who the posters are who have some sort of odd personal beef with a girl. it is so strange people take it that seriously, and it makes me think all of these people would be screwed if they tried to live anywhere but Dallas.

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I don't know if I like Amy, she was irritating last season but hopefully she is less so this season. I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt until it airs. Wasn't she rude to someone at the Belk show, belk staff? Or am I making that up? 

Many pages ago in this thread, one of the TCCs was described as being rude to the Belk staff. The person named wasn't Amy.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, RhiRhi said:
1 hour ago, JC123 said:

Is that Vivian next to Amy in that video? She's stumbling around all over the bloody place. 

that was a different TCC. I think her name starts with a C. Not Amy. 

I remember last year, everyone was posting stuff about Taylor and how trashy she was and shouldn't make the team. I guess it's Amy's turn this year. I appreciate the spoilers on here because I find it fun to know what to expect, but other than that I just can't wait for the actual show. I think this will be an interesting season and I cannot wait. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Dancemajor said:

Ditto! When Amy makes it, I will be as happy as if I made it myself! 

8 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I saw some snippet of this year's TC episode and Madeleine was crying too ("I said I wasn't going to cry this year").  I think it really is the high emotion and pressure.  I tend to get teary in certain circumstances and did so a couple years ago when I had to do a speech to over 100 people about someone we were honoring who wouldn't be here much longer.  I had to stop to try and collect myself.  A friend told me matter of factly I was just a crier and there was not one thing I could do about it.  So I've accepted it.  And I still tear up at the slightest sentimental thing.

Same with me, I cry over a sad songs and Disney movies.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

I second this motion. I have never met Amy in person. I too see her as passionate instead of desperate. What impressed me was her reaching out to Jenn K. on her solo. I know Amy probably paid Jenn for her solo as Jenn is a dance teacher but money isn't everything. I just can't see Jenn K. Helping Amy if she is a desperate RBF unworthy of joining her as a fellow DCC. 

Amen!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

So in that Snoop video, we have Viv, Amy, one of the blonde AAIAs, and Kelsey. And they were there as representatives of a team they are employed by. And that team is run by someone Kelli and Judy know and trust enough to use as a guest choreographer. The event was a private party for a marketing firm--not a strip club or bachelor party. Several Cowboys players were there, too.

I'm sorry, but I just can't hold that against her. If they're comfortable twerking in public, it'd be silly to turn down such a high profile event for fear that some people on the internet may think you're trashy.

No, Kelsey was definitely NOT in that video or even at the event. When it originally went down , Vivian,and Amy had pictures posted on their IG , Vivian still may have them up, but Kelsey was not even there because I remember her making a comment about "sorry I couldn't be there, y'all look like you had fun" blah blah. I think the blonde was AAIA Somer, I couldn't tell who the other one was. 

Vivian in that video literally makes me laugh out loud. WTF kind of "white chicks" dancing is that? It's almost as cringeworthy as her Powerhouse "classes" that she post on IG ???? Amy on the other hand... Jeeeez girl, I wish I could move like that! SMOKE SHOW! ???

• Love 5
On July 21, 2016 at 6:29 PM, dccfan37 said:

New boots!! 

They are new boots but not in a color or design sense. It's the exact same boot they've always had in that aspect. The only thing that changed is they made the soul of the boot more flexible. You can move it and bend more than you can a ordinary boot. They also added grippers to the souls instead of having to put new ones on every time they dance or have a new performance. 

• Love 5

If K & J were OK with the bikini "fashion show" (with butts out) that they planned for a private corporate event, I don't see how they can object to dancing in a Snoop show (with butts covered) that was arranged by one of their own choreographers. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

If K & J were OK with the bikini "fashion show" (with butts out) that they planned for a private corporate event, I don't see how they can object to dancing in a Snoop show (with butts covered) that was arranged by one of their own choreographers. 

Exactly. They brought Stephanie back to choreograph this year, and she organized that thing. Honestly, it's more likely to have been an issue if Amy didn't do the show -- then she isn't a team player, blah blah blah all the stupid petty feedback they got from other teams about Ashley Pro.

• Love 1

I feel like I lack significant information about Yuko's visa issue and the conversations she's had w K & J to levy any real judgement about (un)fairness or criticize what she should have done when. I'm hoping the show addresses this, but I don't pretend that "reality" TV gives me the full scoop on anything.  Everything is edited for effect and time restrictions.  So I don't know that we'll get the full story even when the show airs.  Sigh.  I feel similarly about most mysteries on this show -- I always want to know more! 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

I'm an Amy fan and a Kelsey fan (and that does look like Kelsey to me) but for me your last sentence nails it.

IF you're comfortable twerking in public (and obviously in front of the cell phones of 100 high profile people) - to that first part, no I'm not. Amy pretty much looks like she's bent over wiggling her butt to entice someone to come hump her. That's all it looks like to me. And she's in the tightest spot on that stage, so what else did she do that showed dance skill? Wish we could see more of the video.

"...for fear of people on the Internet thinking you're trashy" That's where I'd be out. Clearly my industry is not this industry, but that's an association and risk that absolutely would qualify people in my world as trashy once it hit the Internet.  Hell I said the same thing about retired vet Nicole being in a poo pourri commercial!  And that's practically a garden party compared to pot-smoking Snoop down at Trees.

But, the DCC shake their butts in THE shortest shorts, spread their legs on the world's largest HD TV and their pictures are all boob displays, so in their world I can see where this wouldn't raise eyebrows. 

So no, I don't hold it against her and I don't think Kelli & Judy will either. I'm sure they've seen this. I'm sure her haters here among us emailed it to them the day she got invited into training camp!