Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Ahhhh!!!! That's my girl!! Go Maddie!! Just so proud of how hard she's worked this past year! 

Thats so awesome for the other new girls too! Hope that means they are safe. Not surprised robin made it this year but so cool for Claire and Jax! 

I really like Claire! She was really cute in a video one of y'all posted. I'm also ecstatic about Madeline!!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Annette said:

It sounds as if you're describing her face as a pumpkin. A juvenile look? Well she is 18 not 25 or 30. I recall Jenn being referred to as "too young or juvenile" & let's look at her now. I personally believe many of the past powerhouse DCC's (Hello Sydney) made the team young then grew-up within its structure.  

Mads is incredibly well liked & popular. Everyone I'm familiar with in the Utah dance community seems to love her. She is modest, sweet & generous. She has held a job & had to pay her way for a long time (hence the more plain costumes).

Mads is a young woman. She's fresh & pretty. She isn't overly styled with gallons of makeup. I've seen her kick in person & she's fine. I know the Utah connections from Tobey to Courtney. Madeline is an incredible dancer which is why she made SG. She can kick & do the splits as well as anyone. They may not be her strongest skill, but they are plenty good enough. I don't believe for one second she makes SG yet fails to make the team. 

One of Mad's biggest positives is how extremely well spoken she is, especially for someone so young. It's common with many Mormon's because they are required to speak in front of their congregations frequently. 

I'm thrilled to see Madeline is on SG & one step closer to realizing her dream. I can't wait to see another Utahn set to take her turn as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.

i heart you!! love hearing this about her! :) 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, AmberRP said:

Could someone post the rookies who got barbies? I can't seem to find a list anywhere, and it will just make it less stressful to know if my favorites started out on the right foot (as if my stress counts for anything haha)

i don't think we ever heard for sure on this...i know i didn't see a picture of everyone who got them like they did last year.  

I know Amy L, Holly, Claire, Lacey, Megan and Jennifer were vets who got them. Mandy, Yuko, Cersten and Madeline were new girls who got them.  that's all i can remember off the top of my head....

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MamaV said:

Do we know why Cersten didn't want to be considered for show group?

Apparently its because of her job.

1 minute ago, 2134.dancer said:

Danielle is the only multi-year veteran who didn't make show group 

Danielle opted out from the start.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, MamaV said:

Do we know why Cersten didn't want to be considered for show group?

Someone did post that here - that she indicated she did not want to be considered for it.   My bet is Danielle is a similar situation.

Edit - sorry I thought you were asking if and not why...

Edited by MyFavShows

I think Madeline is adorable.kelli does look a it older (how old is she?) but I still think she's very pretty. We're all guilty of judging the girls a bit harshly but the reality is they all can't be amazing dancers, smart, and a perfect ten physically lol. I think as long as they're attractive enough, a great dancer, not a complete idiot and a kind person they fit the bill

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

Round face isn't a big thing.  You'd be amazed what can be achieved with some good contouring skills.

ha i wish that were true...i have a round face (even at 31!) and it is so hard to make look thinner and everyone thinks i'm like 19.  it blows because i'm not overweight so if people just see my face they assume.  that is prob why I feel for maddie and even bethany - it's something they can't help and they are both still beautiful! there is such a prejudice against round faces in the entertainment world. trust me, i'd change it if  could! 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Danielle is the only multi-year veteran who didn't make show group 

Yeah tye list was posted up thread. I refuse to believe it was b/c she wasn't as talented tho. Makes sense that she always opted out.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

i like Madeline but how does someone with low kicks make SG?

low kicks are normally a deal breaker

Her kicks are fine. They are not low, I've seen them with my own 2 eyes. She can do splits left or right.

• Love 1
Just now, Annette said:

Her kicks are fine. They are not low, I've seen them with my own 2 eyes. She can do splits left or right.

Just because you can split doesn't mean you can kick. Her kicks aren't the best. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Selina and Kyndall sure seem to be flying under the radar 

Selina I agree, and I don't for see her making the team. Kyndall has excelled in TC. Multiple comments on her improvement and power. They even asked her to give Tess a correction on a dance Kyndall struggled with last year. Afterward Judy commented that she was correct on her correction and even saw something she has not previously noticed with many people in the dance. I hope she makes it!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Just because you can split doesn't mean you can kick. Her kicks aren't the best. 

So true - I've met so many dance moms over the years that just don't understand the difference between being able to do a split and kick high, and a "good kick".

• Love 1

I was wondering whether the strong RC, like Cersten etc, make it through TC without getting called into the office for anything. Actually, training camps in previous years have the super stars made it through without being called in for anything?

I feel like a handful of girls have been discussed and dissected so much since they are board favorites (or hated)....but what about Khalyn or some of the others no one talks about like Sheridan (the other Rette), Holly P's bestie (Allie?)...whats up with these girls?

7 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Selina I agree, and I don't for see her making the team. Kyndall has excelled in TC. Multiple comments on her improvement and power. They even asked her to give Tess a correction on a dance Kyndall struggled with last year. Afterward Judy commented that she was correct on her correction and even saw something she has not previously noticed with many people in the dance. I hope she makes it!

Love Kyndell - I am happy to hear this.  She seemed so geniune and nice last season - she has a real natural and not-done-up look, but still looks like a DCC IMO.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Annette said:

Splits have nothing to do with how well you can kick, and Kelli and Judy obviously don't think her kicks are fine if they've addressed that in TC

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, MamaV said:

I was wondering whether the strong RC, like Cersten etc, make it through TC without getting called into the office for anything. Actually, training camps in previous years have the super stars made it through without being called in for anything?

Y es that happens a lot! Some are called in for praises and to be told of their progression! it has already happened this season.

1 minute ago, 2134.dancer said:

What RC has NOT been called into the office?

A lot actually!

• Love 2

Here is the whole Show Group list.  Looks like Robin made it. Danielle may have not want to be in Show Group because of her job. She said she is lucky to get off at 5:00 p.m. and to get a workout in before heading to practice. Miss Kitty said the girls are not required to go out for Show Group, but all the girls would still audition.

TXStar- thank you so much for indulging us :) 

i am SO happy to hear about Maddie and Kyndall doing well! Kelli Q is just darling and I am rooting for her as well. I'm so antsy for the show.

5 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Just realizing there are 17 names on the SG list - don't they normally only take 16?

I feel like one year they had an alternate or two?

• Love 2

super happy about that list ? Go madeline and Kelli! ??

id like to see more of Selina this year - we barely saw her on MTT last year so I'm not really rooting for her I have to say. Her hair also just needs some life in it, to me it looks a bit wiggy lol. 

Glad kyndalls doing well, going to be lots of confusion with her and Chantal if she makes it lol they're basically twins! I wonder if her job status has changed this year? Remember last year she didn't want to quit her job? 

Im probably in a minority here but I would LOVE to see more of the girls getting praised for progress etc in the office on the show!! It makes K and J seem more human  

Normally theres a cut on Kitty's night, yeah? I wonder who it will be! What time does training camp normally wrap up? 

• Love 2

TX Star, I sincerely hope that you are wrong in your prediction that Selina Flores will not make the team.  

She is my favorite training camp candidate based on her perserverance  (she was one of the final candidates cut last year), her apparent modesty and humility (she appears to keep a very low social media profile, as opposed to former candidates like Vivian), and her powerful performance in the Fan Favorite audition videos (where she and Cersten were my favorites).

Selina is someone who, like Malia Morales and Ashton Torres before her, really represents the Texas girl next door to a lot of Texans and Americans, by virtue of her look, her name, her family history, and her second language.

I am really rooting for Selina and I hope she finally makes America's sweethearts, the DCC.

• Love 7
(edited)

I keep thinking about the weight issue, particularly when it comes to Amy, and I think it's all about the jiggle too. Hannah made show group her first year yet was cut during camp her second year. She was obviously a tremendous dancer and I know we all speculated there was something more to it, but she had jiggle in the wrong places on the big screen. Breelan too, when I thought her figure looked good otherwise despite the bad choice in solo costume. 

I know they've cut girls for not looking good in the uniform before, but I think Amy is thick but hard, versus still skinny and jiggly (Hannah.) Being too skinny in the uniform seems like it's a bigger deal than hips if they're still built. Colby and Emily from season 10 come to mind for too thin, and Rachael Buckmaster had fuller hips yet still slender (and cut for her noodle dancing.)

I think figure had kept Melissa off for years too, so not surprised to hear she still struggles and is on WW. 

Edited by kalibean
My phone thinks inform and uniform are the same. Bah.
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

ha i wish that were true...i have a round face (even at 31!) and it is so hard to make look thinner and everyone thinks i'm like 19.  it blows because i'm not overweight so if people just see my face they assume.  that is prob why I feel for maddie and even bethany - it's something they can't help and they are both still beautiful! there is such a prejudice against round faces in the entertainment world. trust me, i'd change it if  could! 

Two words: drag queens! Amazing skills right there at makeup-related trickery if you're prepared to wear a full-on face of makeup. I hope Madeleine is able to pull through whatever criticisms she's facing in TC and it's not something as small as that that stops her being part of the team.

• Love 4

I'm also a member of the melon head club! Contouring is your best friend if you can be bothered. I think Maddie does look a little young but she is young! Lots of the girls that started out at 18/19 do and after 2 years or so they really blossomed.. I think from the few clips we've seen, her dancing is a lot more mature this year compared to last year.

I know it's not the be all and end all, and by no means is she considered "safe", but her making show group has gotta be a good sign?! 

• Love 4

With only one cut last night, that must mean that others who have been warned (low kicks; memory mistakes; lack of projection; etc.) have been given the long holiday weekend to try to fix what's wrong. It does seem like this year's TCCs really are being given a long, thorough look.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

1 called in and she was cut. 

Who?  Selina was the TCC being spoken about in the previous post.

I liked Kyndall last year

Also does Madeline go by "Maddy?"  She doesn't look "young" to me at all.

Edited by parrotfeathers
1 hour ago, JC123 said:

I'm also a member of the melon head club! Contouring is your best friend if you can be bothered. I think Maddie does look a little young but she is young! Lots of the girls that started out at 18/19 do and after 2 years or so they really blossomed.. I think from the few clips we've seen, her dancing is a lot more mature this year compared to last year.

I know it's not the be all and end all, and by no means is she considered "safe", but her making show group has gotta be a good sign?! 

So even even they make show group they aren't safe?? How is that? 

31 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

So even even they make show group they aren't safe?? How is that? 

new training candidates (not vets) are selected as alternates; one of the early seasons Kelli talks about it.  She said that making it doesn't mean you slack off and to remember your goal is to make the team. It's either the year Abigail makes it as a new girl or Olivia S...

• Love 1

Guys I hid some more posts for call out language. "Some people on this board..." "Your opinion is wrong..." "You guys need to..." "This board is full of hate..." Etc.... Your statements about the show and opinions given here should be "I" statements. 

"I really hope Kelli does well" "I know the judges are letting it pass but I think there's a double standard" "I don't feel like a double standard is being applied to Amy"  <-- this last one is good but "You can think what you want but it's obvious a double standard is being applied" is NOT how we want the conversation to go. That's snarking the poster and not the show. 

Everyone should feel welcome to post here. All opinions are welcome as long as you can be civil!

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

new training candidates (not vets) are selected as alternates; one of the early seasons Kelli talks about it.  She said that making it doesn't mean you slack off and to remember your goal is to make the team. It's either the year Abigail makes it as a new girl or Olivia S...

Yep I remember this. Abigail Jenkins had a bad rehearsal the day after she made show group alternate and Judy told her if she had danced like that at SG auditions she never would have been selected. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

Two words: drag queens! Amazing skills right there at makeup-related trickery if you're prepared to wear a full-on face of makeup. I hope Madeleine is able to pull through whatever criticisms she's facing in TC and it's not something as small as that that stops her being part of the team.

hahaha unfortunately i don't have any on my speed dial because i'd love to learn some good contouring tricks! i tend to look like a clown when i try it LOL 

I just keep thinking of this clip where we saw Madeline dancing with the different hair, etc. and I think she is just so pretty!! 

• Love 3