Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, Beana8 said:

Melissa looks thick.  i'm not one to talk as I'm no where near in good shape but then again I'm not a DCC.  Very telling that Cersten was the only rookie in that group.  That had to be show group because all the best dancers were in that group.  

I agree ... which pains me cause I dig her but she does look thick.  Post DCC, she has a high likelihood of being a very plain plump white woman if she isn't careful.  I think her genetics is to be naturally heavier than her DCC peers and she probably has to work to maintain the abs.

Danielle also looks soft.  I think she's pretty and has unique look but was never a fan of her dance style. Plus I think it's odd they were thisclose to not even inviting her back to TC one year and now she's group leader and show group?

• Love 2
(edited)

I was under the impression that they weren't going to invite Danielle back because her final audition was not-so-great due to her foot injury.  And having seen the pictures of the injury, it was pretty bad.  It didn't seem that she had performed badly prior to that or had been a problem in any other way.  And both Kelli and Judy seem to like her quite a bit, and we all know that counts for a lot.

Also, since they let Cassie through with an injury a few years prior despite a bad audition, I'm not sure how they could have justified cutting Danielle for the same thing.  Not that they need to, of course, but still.

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I agree ... which pains me cause I dig her but she does look thick.  Post DCC, she has a high likelihood of being a very plain plump white woman if she isn't careful.  I think her genetics is to be naturally heavier than her DCC peers and she probably has to work to maintain the abs.

Danielle also looks soft.  I think she's pretty and has unique look but was never a fan of her dance style. Plus I think it's odd they were thisclose to not even inviting her back to TC one year and now she's group leader and show group?

I agree 100% about Danielle 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, raindancer said:

I really love Holly....I think she's beautiful, an amazing dancer, and I love her personality.  Also I followed her on Twitter and she was super sweet and actually thanked me for the follow - it seriously made my day and I think she is going to be one of the vets who could be a 5 or 6 year girl.  I'm hoping she is anyway, and that she gets to stay on as long as she wants.  With the kind of talent she has though, I'm sure she will.  Rooting for all the girls this season, I agree with @LaurenBrook that it makes me terribly sad they'll have to cut so many.  I hope they just end up having a really big squad :)

She is very engaging and lovely via twitter.  She always responds and is very gracious when you compliment her.  Good for her for having that level of confidence as a teenager!  I was a hot mess ... unsure of who I am or if I were "good enough"

• Love 7

Danielle is not ripped like Chantel but I have never thought she looked heavy.  She has one of my favorite looks because she looks so...realistic? LIke the super cute girl next door but with incredible hair lol  

I didn't realize till reading more comments on the DCC page on facebook how many fans she has! she really is one of the most popular DCCs and im' going to miss her a lot :( 

Agree on Melissa. 

• Love 5

Danielle has never been super duper toned, has she? But that's what I LOVE about her. Sometimes being insanely toned can look harsh, and obviously the other end heavy but she's perfectly in the middle, she looks like something the average woman could aspire to  

While we're discussing figures. KaSharas figure is insane. Id give my right arm to have her figure! 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Danielle has never been super duper toned, has she? But that's what I LOVE about her. Sometimes being insanely toned can look harsh, and obviously the other end heavy but she's perfectly in the middle, she looks like something the average woman could aspire to  

While we're discussing figures. KaSharas figure is insane. Id give my right arm to have her figure! 

YES. KaShara has amazing proportions! 

• Love 4

was it this board or the old one where Danielle was slammed for being so plain and boring?

then she almost gets cut, then turns it around and gets swim cover, group leader, show group, etc. I'd Jenn K isn't bet of the year I wouldn't be surprised if Danielle is. Or pro bowl.

i think she wa pegged as a partier a little and then the injury and weight gain from it didn't help her, but she's redeemed herself for sure.

i think she's gorgeous without looking plastic or over styled.

• Love 9

I feel like this upcoming week HAS to be a big cut week. Like they must've given what...at least 5 girls warnings by now (maybe??). I would think maybe 3 cuts this week...that's my prediction haha

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Daledg said:

Does  anyone recall them calling someone into the office for the first time and cutting them the exact same night?  Without giving them a warning?

It definitely has happened! I can't remember names off the top of my head but I do remember it happening a few times

3 minutes ago, Daledg said:

Does  anyone recall them calling someone into the office for the first time and cutting them the exact same night?  Without giving them a warning?

In season 3  Leah Parker was never called in (that I can recall) and was cut. I think Kelli even mentioned it after she was cut. 

Also in the 2005 first DCC show a girl named Elizabeth Wilcox was called in and cut without any prior warnings.

• Love 1
On Wednesday, June 08, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Oranaiche said:

Exactly why I love her. She's a very natural beauty in stark contrast to some of the pageant looking girls.

Disregard quote. No idea why it appeared. 

Tasha - I spent some rime creepin thru her Facebook, scaring myself actually.  Ok, I'll fess up that I'm middled-aged (52) yrs young, former dancer. When I was Tasha's age, there is NO WAY I would have been so incredibly "self absorbed ".  The constant STAGED photos of her, her with hubby, her with 6 yrs old daughter are.....are....GROSS. I'm sorry but, enough is enough. Life is not about taking 24/7 pics of oneself let alone exposing your daughter to your clearly, obsessive,  self love of your own appearance.  Tasha comes across as shallow, not serious,  & seriously weird (imo). 

At her age, I'd finished college & was on my1st "adult" job. Why are the moving around to try out for a cheerleading opportunity with 6 yrs old in tow? A man moving to another state for frickin cheerleading? This is a married Mom disguised as an attention seeking,  desperately needing to grow up, Barbie wanna-be. Yes, I'm completely turned off and NO, I don't want her to make the team.

I prefer my DCC less contrived,  so blatantly opportunistic & dare-I-say fake/phoney?

NOOOOO!  IGNORE THIS QUOTE!

Yes, I realize that 52 is perceived OLD (by some) & I'm from another generation, but obnoxious behavior &/or attitude translates regardless of age. I also know people make money from social media,  as my 24 yrs old son does. He races cars & has sponsorships from race suits to oil to spare parts & anything in between. 

I was born & am living in Utah.  Tasha is an oddity for her faith which I'm very familiar with.  Her hubs was recently baptized into her church. I'm particularly interested in the 6 yrs old daughter.  Mormons are notorious for being conservative. No, their divorce rates aren't higher than the national average but they do often marry & have kids quite young...putting strain on new marriage.  Tasha is unusual in that she is married with a young child, moving the 3 to try out as a DCC. For a Mormon, this would not be looked at positively. I can't imagine what her fellow church-goers think of those photos.  There is a HUGE difference between a Utah Mormon vs a Mormon in any other part of the world. Here they tend to be insular, highly judgmental & often intolerant. Growing up in Utah & not being part of this faith, ain't easy.

I'm going to watch some ballroom dancing tonight & plan to ask around (re:Tasha). Our dance community is successful  (Dancing with Stars, ballroom)& everybody knows everybody.  I'll do some digging & pass on the juicy bits to our group.

Regarding Holly P. I saw the DCC twice early last season before her weight was under control. At the time she looked big,  but so did Amy and Melissa..obviously big. I love her dancing. I think she photographs terribly. It has nothing to do with the lousy cameos. She has no neck & usually appears disjointed. Holly needs to stop mugging for the camera. She doesn't look sexy. She looks ridiculous yet does it every time the lens aims her way. Count the number of times she purses or duck lips. Having seen her up close, I think she's believing her own hype a wee bit much. 

The DCC are the classic, beautiful,  effortless kind of sexy. I also love Melissa's dancing. Her body = No. Amy I don't understand.  She looks positively huge standing next to any of the other women. What's with her flat hair. Even that looks like crap too.

OK ~ I'm taking my PERFECT self to the post office.  Feel free to explain to me why I'm wrong & such a confused hater.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Had Chandler been given any warnings before she was cut? It seemed like she didn't pop up on the radar until late in camp.

I think she might  have been called in at least once before she was cut. I'm just guessing and could be wrong.

• Love 1

Twinkle - didn't quote you bc that was long.....

but - what does the Utah dance community think about Madeline? She obviously isn't trying to brand herself as a Mormon Playboy Bunny, but she is auditioning for the same team as Tasha.

melissa - she's pretty and talented, and I don't think she looks big, just square shaped, which is still odd in that uniform.

Holly does look disjointed and awkwardly muscled, until she starts moving. Then she's very fluid. I still think she looks 40 instead of 18. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Margaret gummy smile wasn't warned... she started to say she was grateful for the feedback and then they cut her. 

Oh yeah, that was painful. I remember that cut. She was shocked. I was shocked she'd made it that long....

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I think she might  have been called in at least once before she was cut. I'm just guessing and could be wrong.

You're right. She was called into the office at least once before she got cut.

27 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Twinkle - didn't quote you bc that was long.....

but - what does the Utah dance community think about Madeline? She obviously isn't trying to brand herself as a Mormon Playboy Bunny, but she is auditioning for the same team as Tasha.

melissa - she's pretty and talented, and I don't think she looks big, just square shaped, which is still odd in that uniform.

Holly does look disjointed and awkwardly muscled, until she starts moving. Then she's very fluid. I still think she looks 40 instead of 18. 

I'm going shortly to watch some competitive ballroom at BYU and believe u our me...I'll be asking the tough journalistic questions -lol. My active "MO" friends (yes, I have some)have tried to explain to me certain hypocrisy within their religious world...i.e.why can golfers or athletes play money paying sports when the masses (of Mormons)are told to rest cause it's Sunday? Why can a cheerleader expose her legs or upper breasts (our fav DCC uniform)while the average MO wears shorts to the knees &/or cap sleeves to hide their religious undergarments?  See, my serious mind NEEDS to know these burning questions. None of their explanations seem to suffice me which might explain why I'm agnostic when it comes to my own faith but hey...live & let live, right.

I personally knowTobey's Mom's (kids in dance together)& heard about Curly Courtney thru these same sources. I WILL get the dish on Tasha. I believe the average Mormon will love Madeline since she's a young, not married, hard working kid who pays her own way with little parental help (& minus the friends fundraiser last year. Puke)

You crack me up regarding Holly's appearance. She looks40ish to me as well. Actually she's good for my overall sense of self esteem. I might no longer have the rock-hard abs. I daresay my hair is waaay more modern & youthful than hers (& given what time & $ is spent...this is a lil sad).

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I'm going shortly to watch some competitive ballroom at BYU and believe u our me...I'll be asking the tough journalistic questions -lol. My active "MO" friends (yes, I have some)have tried to explain to me certain hypocrisy within their religious world...i.e.why can golfers or athletes play money paying sports when the masses (of Mormons)are told to rest cause it's Sunday? Why can a cheerleader expose her legs or upper breasts (our fav DCC uniform)while the average MO wears shorts to the knees &/or cap sleeves to hide their religious undergarments?  See, my serious mind NEEDS to know these burning questions. None of their explanations seem to suffice me which might explain why I'm agnostic when it comes to my own faith but hey...live & let live, right.

I personally knowTobey's Mom's (kids in dance together)& heard about Curly Courtney thru these same sources. I WILL get the dish on Tasha. I believe the average Mormon will love Madeline since she's a young, not married, hard working kid who pays her own way with little parental help (& minus the friends fundraiser last year. Puke)

You crack me up regarding Holly's appearance. She looks40ish to me as well. Actually she's good for my overall sense of self esteem. I might no longer have the rock-hard abs. I daresay my hair is waaay more modern & youthful than hers (& given what time & $ is spent...this is a lil sad).

Yeah I always w

yeah I always wondered what the Utah MOs thought of Courtney, especially after the huge implants.

so how much truth was there to eating disorder/adderall issues with her leaving? She irritated the life out of me, but I really do sympathize with anyone who gets caught up in anything, and then realizes they need to make some changes. Glad she has a loving, supportive family and was strong enough to know it was best for her to withdraw when she did. 

Anyway........even Madeline's auditions ware is slightly more modest, so I think she'll be more conservative with swim, etc. good luck to her.

Tasha - can't wait for that scoop. 

4 hours ago, Daledg said:

I think her name was Olivia, if I remember correctly. Might have been season 6. 

11 hours ago, KristyMc19 said:

That is definitely not the final Show group squad.  I believe they announced who they were in a group pic last year on Twitter.  I don't know how I feel about singling Certsen out from the other TCC's.  I agree, she is an amazing dancer as well; but she should not have a one up from everyone else just because of that and because she was coached by Denise (from what I've researched).  Not really fair for the rest of the girls wanting to audition for show group or the re-auditioning vets.  They are basically saying Certsen made show group by putting her in.    

I remember that Abigail Klein and a few others made show group their rookie year, before the team was announced.  I believe Kelly explained that they were selected for show group, but could still be cut. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don't get all the Holly hate.... But I've never been a fan of Sydney and I know people don't get fhe Sydney haters either. It's so interesting how differently we interpret the girls. 

OMG Sydney gets on my dang nerves!   She seems like she spends HOURS a day making sure her make-up and hair are perfect.  I can't figure out of she spray tans too much or what it is about her look that just looks so odd.  Her hair color is too close to her skin color.  She looks like she's ALWAYS ready for her camera shot.  Never just naturally beautiful.  Always posed and tries wayyyyy too hard to be perfect.  It seems like being beautiful and popular and flawless are what's most important to her.   I really liked her the first two seasons, then it seems the show and all the glitz went to her head.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, MamaV said:

I think her name was Olivia, if I remember correctly. Might have been season 6. 

The only Olivias I remember are Olivia Stevanovski who was cut going into her second year at the beginning of season 6, and Olivia Sharber (formerly Carter) who was definitely not cut (and not on the show until after that season).

Edited by Oranaiche
(edited)
5 hours ago, Daledg said:

In season 6 Nina and Marie were both only shown in the office once and they were both cut during those visits. I believe Alex Hermes was only shown in the office once that year too and was then cut.

Edited by Oranaiche
36 minutes ago, omgtv said:

Allie is public now too on instagram.  Cute pic of her and Madeline 

Allie looks so much better after her makeover! The haircut she had before really emphasized the roundness of her head and face. This look is more glamorous and Texas looking.

Madeline's hair in the above picture reminds me of an early-80's perm.  Like she just needs some shiny aerobics tights, some leg warmers and a cut up sweatshirt and she can be an extra in the move Flashdance ;).

• Love 1

Its funny how negative an how every one seems to jump to conclusions with the Tasha topic we have no idea for all we know her husband could have got a job offer in Texas it will be interesting to see an honesty can't wait to see the show to see how she is Instead of judging without even knowing the girl I mean she got rookie of the year with the Suns so that must say something about her personality obviously her teammates love her to get that award .

• Love 3

Im curious if Madeline got a perm or does she curl it every day?  Seems so high maintenance, I don't mind it but would better a little more wavy, less curly. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Im curious if Madeline got a perm or does she curl it every day?  Seems so high maintenance, I don't mind it but would better a little more wavy, less curly. 

I always thought last year that her straightened hair always looked a little bit chunky, not soft and sleek.. Which makes me think the curl actually might be natural and she was straightening them out last time? 

I love her new hair, 80s aerobics teacher or not I think she's rocking it. They haven't had a naturally curly girly since Nicole, right? So maybe that will help her chances too..?

i think her name was Alex, an AA girl was cut her first time in the office last season for those pictures taken by her boyfriend. 

Chandler was definitely warned once. 

was selina warned last year? 

Karen wasn't warned I don't think but it was because of how she looked in the uniform? I could be wrong on that though. 

I'm sure there's more examples that were missing though lol 

• Love 2

Does anyone know if there was training camp last night or if there were any cuts? It just seems odd that they are so far into this and only 1 person has gone home. Would the CMT cameras even be there on a Friday night? If there were cuts, my speculations are the tall girl Lindsey and bubblehead Kelsey. Lindsey is beautiful but soooo freaking tall. In that tiny snippet of video, maybe it was the choreography, but she didn't look very good. I wish we could have seen more. She seems like she has trouble controlling her limbs. I still feel like they need to send Kelsey home. I think she has been in the office and warned at least once. She definitely seems like a liability for the Cowboys. I just have to shake my head when I watch reruns and see Kelli and Charlottes faces when she speaks. So funny! She will forever be the 50 yard line girl. IMO, I don't think you can fix dumb. If they do keep her, I don't think they could send her out on an appearance where she had to open her mouth.   

• Love 3
5 hours ago, JC123 said:

I always thought last year that her straightened hair always looked a little bit chunky, not soft and sleek.. Which makes me think the curl actually might be natural and she was straightening them out last time? 

I love her new hair, 80s aerobics teacher or not I think she's rocking it. They haven't had a naturally curly girly since Nicole, right? So maybe that will help her chances too..?

Yeah, as a naturally curly girl myself I can't help but get offended by "80s perm" or "brush that hair" snide remarks.  The only thing that's "wrong" with her hair is that IMO that is the most unflattering length for curls.

• Love 6

Madeline's hair is pretty... Maybe just grow it out a little?! Love curtly hair!!! 

1 hour ago, ChlcGirl said:

Uh oh ....

*cue the Kelsey supporters*

*runs for bowl of popcorn*

Kelsey seems dumb as a box of rocks. There's no way she got smart in a year. Or two. ?????

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Ashley Young said:

Its funny how negative an how every one seems to jump to conclusions with the Tasha topic we have no idea for all we know her husband could have got a job offer in Texas it will be interesting to see an honesty can't wait to see the show to see how she is Instead of judging without even knowing the girl I mean she got rookie of the year with the Suns so that must say something about her personality obviously her teammates love her to get that award .

thank you for this! i agree that it's very unlikely she got a teammate chosen award if she was a self-centered brat. And i think it's great her husband is so supportive of her dreams. Is he supposed to demand she makes her life revolve around his? ?

10 hours ago, omgtv said:

Allie is public now too on instagram.  Cute pic of her and Madeline 

Aw! love this pic!! I was kind of meh about Allie before but she looks beautiful here! And if she is friends with Madeline, I like her even more :) I am a naturally curly girl myself and just laugh when people make b*tchy remarks about it.  98% of the time, people like it. I think curly is Madeline's natural hair - for some reason I feel like someone asked her on IG a few months ago and she said it was her natural hair.  I could be confusing that though. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SopranoKris said:

@DCCFan655, Kelsey hasn't been called in to the office, as far as we know.  

I would not be surprised if she had been, but not for what people assume - brain/social life, etc.  I don't know if Kelsey has the level of technique they will be going for this year (esp when it's so competitive).  I think she is a fun dancer and she is not dumb :) but technique and placement wise? We shall see. Obviously I am hopeful because I am so impressed with how sweet and friendly she is.  People keep harping on her interview mistakes and ignoring the fact that she took the obvious issues she had and worked her tail off this past YEAR.  Tons of studying, testing herself, trivia...I'm glad Kelli looked past her bad answers; it shows she appreciates people who are willing to put in the work it takes to be successful.  

Sorry if that seems like "blowback" - LOL! I am not scared to have unpopular opinions here and hope to always be pleasant when I give them.  Please tell me if I'm ever offensive to anyone! Not my intention. 

• Love 9
(edited)

This is merely my opinion and people, as always, are free to disagree, but I'm not sure how telling it is that someone is voted Rookie of the Year on a team.  Anytime you have something like ROTY you are basically talking about a popularity contest and it isn't true that people/teammates/whoever will necessarily vote for the best person.  Any number of factors can go into how votes are decided.

Also, no, her husband shouldn't demand that her life revolve around his, but moving your family so your wife can make $150/game as a cheerleader doesn't seem to be a super-great life decision.  Then again maybe he is independently wealthy and doesn't need to work so who knows.

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 4