Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

There should be a cut this week, yes?

I would say there probably would be one. They can't go two full weeks without a cut, could they?

Curious about who would be cut!  I don't think vets will be given how small the returning folks are this year??

Also, I wonder for girls like Emily et al, what do their current/past teams think about them trying out for DCC?  Do they think of it as a betrayal?  Do they think that it's uppity up of them (like, for example, do they think Emily only tried out for the Mavs because she didn't make DCC and she secretly wants to be a DCC more than Mavs -- which would be true)

(edited)
35 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

eurious about who would be cut!  I don't think vets will be given how small the returning folks are this year??

Also, I wonder for girls like Emily et al, what do their current/past teams think about them trying out for DCC?  Do they think of it as a betrayal?  Do they think that it's uppity up of them (like, for example, do they think Emily only tried out for the Mavs because she didn't make DCC and she secretly wants to be a DCC more than Mavs -- which would be true)

Most girls audition for the Mavs (and other teams) when they don't make the DCC. I bet the directors of these trams are probably used it.

Edited by MrsEVH

Some teams seem proud that their alumni make DCC training camp. Maybe it's to do with the prestige of the DCC. 

I'm pretty sure lots of the dance teams in Dallas are run by ex-DCCs..? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it would be hypocritical for them to get annoyed if they're ex DCC themselves. 

Im also quite sure that if you make the Mavs and dance with them for a season, if you then audition for DCC you cannot go back to the Mavs? Which is why auditioning for DCC was such a big thing for Hunter? Again, correct me if I'm wrong! 

AAIA are cheering for the Allen Americans tonight in the ECHL finals, wonder how Stephanie Di Biase-Wheat feels about 3 of her cheerleaders being at training camp instead. 

Every routine they have is screwed up. They work on one or two routines all year and have minimal "sideline" routines 

This year I am rooting for Selina Flores to make the team because (1) she was one of my two favorite (along with Cersten) rookie candidate videos, and (2) she came so close to making it onto the DCC last year.  Selina looked absolutely adorable in that photograph of the training camp candidates at their first meeting, and that was even standing next to the very photogenic Kelsey in the back row.  In my opinion she would be a great DCC type in the tradition of Ashton Torres. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

This year I am rooting for Selina Flores to make the team because (1) she was one of my two favorite (along with Cersten) rookie candidate videos, and (2) she came so close to making it onto the DCC last year.  Selina looked absolutely adorable in that photograph of the training camp candidates at their first meeting, and that was even standing next to the very photogenic Kelsey in the back row.  In my opinion she would be a great DCC type in the tradition of Ashton Torres. 

Salina never could be the next Ashton Torres. Not humanly possible 

• Love 2

K&J and looks like maybe Sam and Cassie (and some other people I didn't recognize in the pic) are in Nashville this wk for CMA Fest....wonder if they gave the TCCs off while they were gone or vets/GLs running TC?

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

K&J and looks like maybe Sam and Cassie (and some other people I didn't recognize in the pic) are in Nashville this wk for CMA Fest....wonder if they gave the TCCs off while they were gone or vets/GLs running TC?

Oh fun, I'm going to cross my fingers that I see them wandering around Franklin this weekend!

7 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Oh fun, I'm going to cross my fingers that I see them wandering around Franklin this weekend!

Jealous! I'm only 2.5 hrs away and not getting to go this year for the first time in a while.  Did get to see John Conlee LIVE here in Ky and talked to him twice today (he & the band had lunch where I work and I also went to the M&G tonight).  That venue where K & company were is in downtown Nash (217 2nd Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201) for those interested.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Agree! That's why I thought they were talking about the little dark haired Heather, who I DO think needs a makeover! LOL 

I kind of feel like with her, it's how she holds her mouth or maybe she has an overbite- I like her hair and she has s bright smile, but something about her smile stands out in a bad way. And I hate to even say that about anyone who auditions because it feels so shallow.

29 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Jealous! I'm only 2.5 hrs away and not getting to go this year for the first time in a while.  Did get to see John Conlee LIVE here in Ky and talked to him twice today (he & the band had lunch where I work and I also went to the M&G tonight).  That venue where K & company were is in downtown Nash (217 2nd Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201) for those interested.

Haha, no need to be jealous. I'll be working all weekend. I won't be at CMA fest, but I wouldn't really want to be out in the heat anyway (I would literally die). Sorry to hear you can't come down! I used to go to Bonnaroo every year so I'm feeling a little wistful going into this weekend that I won't be in Manchester. Would be fun to see Kelli and crew out and about though.

1 minute ago, Oranaiche said:

Haha, no need to be jealous. I'll be working all weekend. I won't be at CMA fest, but I wouldn't really want to be out in the heat anyway (I would literally die). Sorry to hear you can't come down! I used to go to Bonnaroo every year so I'm feeling a little wistful going into this weekend that I won't be in Manchester. Would be fun to see Kelli and crew out and about though.

I remember when I first used to go to CMA Fest..took Greyhound and usually ALWAYS ran into someone at the Nash station that was going to Bonaroo.  I'll get back to Nash one day.  I actually haven't been since Thanksgiving '15 (bad family situation I don't wanna get into).  I wish the DCC traveled to some of the away games and that the Cowboys and Titans would play but they're not even in the same division are they? (sorry mods for derailing thread --- won't happen again!)

Back on topic: Any bets on first cut(s)?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I remember when I first used to go to CMA Fest..took Greyhound and usually ALWAYS ran into someone at the Nash station that was going to Bonaroo.  I'll get back to Nash one day.  I actually haven't been since Thanksgiving '15 (bad family situation I don't wanna get into).  I wish the DCC traveled to some of the away games and that the Cowboys and Titans would play but they're not even in the same division are they? (sorry mods for derailing thread --- won't happen again!)

Back on topic: Any bets on first cut(s)?

I usually have a good idea about first cuts but I really don't this season!! I guess because we didn't get to see a lot of their dancing but i don't believe it will be a returner (yet). They usually give them a little bit. I wish I knew more about Jackie's dancing. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I usually have a good idea about first cuts but I really don't this season!! I guess because we didn't get to see a lot of their dancing but i don't believe it will be a returner (yet). They usually give them a little bit. I wish I knew more about Jackie's dancing. 

I would hope they wouldn't cut a returning vet in TC unless like they've done in the past they brought them back to TC to possibly make an example of them

(edited)
5 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I would hope they wouldn't cut a returning vet in TC unless like they've done in the past they brought them back to TC to possibly make an example of them

I should have clarified! I meant a returner as in someone who was in training camp before (Emily/Selina) and also Kelsey, Kelli, and Amy who have made it farther in auditions :)

Edited by dccfan37
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I should have clarified! I meant a returner as in someone who was in training camp before (Emily/Selina) and also Kelsey, Kelli, and Amy who have made it farther in auditions :)

I must be slipping....don't remember Selina at ALL.  What was she cut for last time and how long ago?

1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I must be slipping....don't remember Selina at ALL.  What was she cut for last time and how long ago?

She was cut at the very end of training camp last year. She wasn't spoken about or shown a lot but I believe to Kelli, she was just one of the weaker ones and they had cuts to make and they didn't have time to wait

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SopranoKris said:

Maybe my count is off, but I only counted 46 and I thought they took 47 in to TC?

They did, you are right about 47. I can't find Jinelle in this pic. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Jinelle also missing in the picture from the teams' first meeting at the Stadium?  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

They did, you are right about 47. I can't find Jinelle in this pic. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Jinelle also missing in the picture from the teams' first meeting at the Stadium?  

You're right!! Jinelle is not in the picture!! 

• Love 1

Jinelle...hmmm maybe she has something going on because her cover was up for voting...she's probably going to get a lot of votes because Kip Moore tweeted that everyone should vote for her.

(edited)
21 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

They have too many girls that look alike especially Chantal, Madeline, and Kyndall.

They do. Madeline and Heather H. are twinning to me. They both look so young. 

Edited by TiaGrace

Yeah... She's probably taking the picture or just out of the room. She has also been one of the teachers of their Camp DCC program during the day this week.

21 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I don't think the Ice Angels get upset.  I just checked out their Facebook page and they have a link for the DCC fan votes, encouraging them to vote for Kelsey, Kelli, Jamie, and Amy to get into training camp. They also posted congratulations for all making TC.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, NFLSweethearts said:

Sarah Gourley choreographed and taught with the group last night.

Is everyone there still? (This will tell us if anyone's been cut yet or not)

I would guess group leaders are the front row... except for Holly lol.  Jinelle is probably the other one. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

I would guess group leaders are the front row... except for Holly lol.  Jinelle is probably the other one. 

That's what I figured to! Those (including Jinelle) have to be the group leaders

10 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Holly looks thick in that picture. That's rude. Sorry.

She looks very tall compared to the other girls sitting next to her.. Never thought of her being tall but maybe a lot of the other girls are teeny.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, BritFan said:

She looks very tall compared to the other girls sitting next to her.. Never thought of her being tall but maybe a lot of the other girls are teeny.

she does look big ... I think it might be the angle because she seems very toned and lean from her other pictures

32 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

That's what I figured to! Those (including Jinelle) have to be the group leaders

Just not a fan of Jinelle and can't believe her and her oodley noodle arms made show group!

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Holly jumping up front with the group leaders and other long term girls annoys me.

Oh, me too. Kashara would have made sense. She earned Rookie of the Year. 

• Love 1

Really odd to me that people find it so weird and annoying that Holly is in the front row of that picture. like that means....? what? i'm so confused.  If anything, it's weird that more girls didn't get down on their knees too.  It seems early for GLs.  The best dancers in the class probably help the most.  Holly is without a doubt one of the best.  

I'd LOVE it if Holly got a second GL!!! she helps so many girls out, outside of practice.  Working out with them, helping with style...she is clearly a team player and obviously knows what it takes to be in shape for it, etc. #teamhollyp! I REALLY do not think she is one though, I bet Jinelle is and she just wasn't there that night. 

3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Or how about sit your behind in the second row with the rest of your rookie class? 

LOL!! you guys crack me up !  i don't think this means Holly is the new asst director of the squad.  Pretty sure she could have been standing with Claire and they had her kneel because she is fairly tall.  Wow. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Really odd to me that people find it so weird and annoying that Holly is in the front row of that picture. like that means....? what? i'm so confused.  If anything, it's weird that more girls didn't get down on their knees too.  It seems early for GLs.  The best dancers in the class probably help the most.  Holly is without a doubt one of the best.  

I'd LOVE it if Holly got a second GL!!! she helps so many girls out, outside of practice.  Working out with them, helping with style...she is clearly a team player and obviously knows what it takes to be in shape for it, etc. #teamhollyp! I REALLY do not think she is one though, I bet Jinelle is and she just wasn't there that night. 

LOL!! you guys crack me up !  i don't think this means Holly is the new asst director of the squad.  Pretty sure she could have been standing with Claire and they had her kneel because she is fairly tall.  Wow. 

So glad to read this because sometimes I feel like I'm on crazy pills with the Holly stuff. I just don't get it.

• Love 10
(edited)

Really odd to me that people find it so weird and annoying that Holly is in the front row of that picture. like that means....? what? i'm so confused.  

I agree. Not everything these people do has deeper meaning. Sometimes a photo is just a photo. I doubt that every time they have a group photo, no matter how casual, they have to quickly sort themselves out by rank and position, and make sure nobody is getting above herself.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Do we know how the girls were placed in the picture? Maybe Jinelle took the picture or could not be in the picture for some reason and Holly was placed there instead. I do not see her as an assistant group leader yet. I see Danielle, Jessica, Jenna, and Jennifer as group leaders and Jinelle, Lacey, Erica, and Melissa as assistant group leaders. I like Holly, and I see nothing wrong with where she is in the picture.

I have seen a few DCC picks that seem to be in order of veteran years. 5 yr first row, 4 yr second row, 3 yr third row, etc.

This pic show 3 yr, 4 yr, and 5 yr in the first row. 2 year vets second row, the two rows of rookie candidates. I was surprised to see how few 3+ vets there are. That's how I noticed Jinelle missing. 

• Love 1