Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Is that Amy in the 3rd picture? If so, her kick looks nice! I must say, some of the kick technique is soooooo bad. Sickling, bent knees, bad posture. In drill team, we had to point toes, keep non kicking leg straight, don't arch your back, don't pull down your partners. Before I had my stroke, I could still kick fairly well. There's only 3 or 4 in all those pictures who have really good kicks. In their defense, I'm sure their stamina was zero by then!!

Amy really made some HUGE improvement to her kicks. Wow, I wouldn't have thought that much was possible. But that's her right leg, usually the dominant leg. We'll see whether she's been able to change her left kick too.

And all those wildly flying feet! LOL I thought seeing all those flexed feet, non-pointed toes and everything else was so funny! Attack of the flying feet!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

13Yj5t.St.117.jpeg

Is this Jenna? I don't see any photos of her in either gallery. And only 1 or 2 of Caila. Which says a lot. All the other vets have tons of photos. Especially Danielle.

Whoever put together the final solos compilation really liked Danielle. :)  I saw only one picture of Caila.

I hope Jenna gives auditioning another go. I think she's gorgeous.

They don't do makeovers for ALL the Rookies, do they?  I also remember Kelli saying they weren't going to change a girl's look just to change it. So I don't think they'll do much to Kelsey's look. Her dark hair really highlights those blue eyes. Aside from some layers, I think they'll leave her be.

4 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

Whoever put together the final solos compilation really liked Danielle. :)  I saw only one picture of Caila.

I hope Jenna gives auditioning another go. I think she's gorgeous.

They don't do makeovers for ALL the Rookies, do they?  I also remember Kelli saying they weren't going to change a girl's look just to change it. So I don't think they'll do much to Kelsey's look. Her dark hair really highlights those blue eyes. Aside from some layers, I think they'll leave her be.

I think she is gorgeous too! Wow!! I love her hair. 

I think she is done with DCC though; on her FB page she said she can 'finally close the chapter' 

https://www.facebook.com/jenna.brooks1

• Love 1
(edited)

Love this pic of Claire. From the audition pics I've seen, it looks like she's a really beautiful dancer.

image.jpeg

Also a great one of Danielle. Looks like she did more lyrical this year instead of hip hop. Good for her for branching out!

image.jpeg

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4

The flying leap seems to be a signature move this year, lots of pictures of the girls leaping. 

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think she is done with DCC though; on her FB page she said she can 'finally close the chapter' 

https://www.facebook.com/jenna.brooks1

Aw. I wish she'd give it another go. I think if she's really interested in getting back onto DCC, she'll need to give it 2 years to convince the judges she's serious. JMO, of course, but I hope she does. :)

19 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

The flying leap seems to be a signature move this year, lots of pictures of the girls leaping. 

Seems leaps are what the judges want; the drama and flair of it all. And of course, doing a technically great leap takes skill.

1 minute ago, Kaedee said:

Seems leaps are what the judges want; the drama and flair of it all. And of course, doing a technically great leap takes skill.

Yeah, I think that's what really impresses the judges sometimes.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:17 PM, GingerJ said:

Wow, considering that outfit doesn't stand out to begin with, you'd think she'd know better than to repeat it. She's a pretty girl, but in DCC terms, something about her is just "off" to me.

You see something I don't cause her look just scares me.  IMHO, there is absolutely nothing attractive about Stephanie and I'm shocked that she was invited back.  She looks old and lacks femininity (which is tough because her body is already very bodybuilder strong.  Morgan's was very toned too but she had a softness to her face and figure shape.  Not Stephanie).  In all honesty, when I look at her face, I get scared.  Hold me

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

You see something I don't cause her look just scares me.  IMHO, there is absolutely nothing attractive about Stephanie and I'm shocked that she was invited back.  She looks old and lacks femininity (which is tough because her body is already very bodybuilder strong.  Morgan's was very toned too but she had a softness to her face and figure shape.  Not Stephanie).  In all honesty, when I look at her face, I get scared.  Hold me

I think I'm also the minority here because I think Stephanie is very pretty! Yes, borderline too buff. And her face can be a bit harsh so she should be careful to always do "soft"looking makeup but I still think she's really pretty and unique looking

she does look a bit older. Anyone know her age? I'd guess 32,33? 

Eek, she's my age haha 24, well I just turned 25 so idk when her birthday is but I assume the site is not updated

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

I think I'm also the minority here because I think Stephanie is very pretty! Yes, borderline too buff. And her face can be a bit harsh so she should be careful to always do "soft"looking makeup but I still think she's really pretty and unique looking

she does look a bit older. Anyone know her age? I'd guess 32,33? 

I really like Stephanie too. I don't think she's traditionally pretty. But I do think she's sultry and striking. I think her "look" makes her appear older than she is, since she isn't a doe-eyed type of person. I would imagine she's in her mid-to-upper-mid 20's; 25, 26. That red hair really heightens the sultry for her.

4 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Eek, she's my age haha 24, well I just turned 25 so idk when her birthday is but I assume the site is not updated

Ha! I was pretty right regarding her age!

Edited by Kaedee

Maybe she just needs bangs again to look younger ;-D

Even going back several years in her pictures...she just is one of those girls that looks older than others her age.  I think part of it is having zero fat on her face...and her eyebrows are so severe in my opinion. 

I still think she is pretty though and it's clear she works out hard. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Oh, oops lol. Well then she does look a bit older than she is but still pretty. At least she doesn't blend!

The photos on the field are really eye opening.  The judges having the big HD screen makes things OBVIOUS.  Women grouped together by build, height & hair color tells the story. Here is what I saw...

Tall blondes. Caila totally blew it. Her weight is noticeable since she was the largest in her group. Judges went with the taller, thinner blonde.

If you look similar to a vet, you better be able to keep up with that woman (looks & performance). Examples; 2 more athletic, stocky builds with shorter hairstyles = Holly & Brittany(?). The TC candidate appeared equal figure wise but perhaps not in dance ability. Holly's pursed lips mugging is NOT sex & I wish she'd knock it off. A simple smile is much better. Case in point...vets who just smile; Erica, Jenna, & Lacey & TC'S Kelsey, & Cercey.

Another duo with similar looks/build is vet Chantel & Madeline. I think Madeline photographed equally well on field whether dancing or kickline. Glad she dumped her weird faces from last TC for a simple smile. Maybe she can advise her friend Holly on this one point? Lol.

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Who is number 42???? She's gorgeous.

Is she that really tall girl that made TC?  Lindsay?  Not sure, but that my guess from the photo.

Wow re: Melissa in that photo.

Didn't she say last season that she was on the Hawaiian dance team or had studied it or something? Maybe that was bellydance. I definitely remember seeing her do some little hip moves for Kelli.

i remember at uniform fittings last year Simone did a bit of that shaky shaky dance (what is it even called?!) and Kelli loved it! Fair play to her for taking the risk ? 

8 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Didn't she say last season that she was on the Hawaiian dance team or had studied it or something? Maybe that was bellydance. I definitely remember seeing her do some little hip moves for Kelli.

She was in this show in Waikiki. What she's doing in the video is definitely hula (the arms/hands) with a little Tahitian thrown in.

I thought the beginning of Simone's dance looked good; graceful and stylistic. Obviously there's a whole lot more to it, and she was just getting into the hip hop stage of it when the vid ended. But I liked it a lot! I'd like to see the entire piece!

You know who's smile I just love? Megan C's. In every photo I've seen of her she looks like she's just having a blast. There's such genuine enjoyment in it. :)

• Love 4

I do remember Miss Kitty calling out Simone for her solo in Season 10. Simone is a cute girl, but I would not call her a DCC standout. I wonder if Melissa would be called into the office for her weight. Megan had her midsection covered up, so the judges may think she is trying to cover a possible weight gain. Both girls can dance, but their weight could be an issue this year.

(edited)
14 hours ago, JC123 said:

I like how dignified Caila and Kat have been about it all. What a difference between them and Shelbi! Its definitely worse for them too - they've literally lost their job! 

I agree. I was wondering if Caila would post about it or not and when she did it was so classy. No matter what she's done in the partying vein or whatever she really handled that well.

Kat handling it well doesn't surprise me because she's always been classy. I'm not saying Caila hasn't been but with her age and the rumors we've heard I was not expecting that response.

I think Simone used the wrong music for the type of dance she was doing. I really feel like she was dancing way too soft and slow for that tempo. Maybe if she had better music that clip we saw would have worked better for me. I can only assume the solo got better since she made it back.

Edited by SanLynn
(edited)

That clip Simone posted was about 3 seconds of the beginning of a minute and a half (or so) solo. What does our deductive reasoning say about its success with the judges?  We know the judges like power; we know they like to see dance skill and technique; we certainly know Kelli, Judy and Charlotte are not going to bring someone back into TC who didn't show those things in her solo. I'd wager the little bit of hip hop we saw starting in that clip went quickly into overdrive, as it was powerful and technical enough for her to be a TCC for a second year.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 2

Speaking of the really tall TCC, is it possible that her height will work against her?  She is so much taller than all the other girls as you can see in the training camp photo.  I'm just wondering if that will be a problem for uniformity's sake. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Speaking of the really tall TCC, is it possible that her height will work against her?  She is so much taller than all the other girls as you can see in the training camp photo.  I'm just wondering if that will be a problem for uniformity's sake. 

I wondered that, too. Will the boots look weird on her with longer legs, etc?

(edited)

These girls have to keep it classy if they don't want to burn bridges in the dance world.   I wasn't expecting Caila or Kat to cuss Judy/Kelly out even tho I'm sure they would love to.  I have feeling they do sign a non disclosure agreement.  You can't tell me none of the DCC alumni have anything bad to say about their time on the team. I wish someone would spill the beans!  They are all stepford wives. 

And yes, half the girls on the team probably hate each other.   Dcc is not immune to normal girl bitchiness.  

Edited by Runnergrl37
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

These girls have to keep it classy if they don't want to burn bridges in the dance world.   I wasn't expecting Caila or Kat to cuss Judy/Kelly out even tho I'm sure they would love to.  I have feeling they do sign a non disclosure agreement.  You can't tell me none of the DCC alumni have anything bad to say about their time on the team. I wish someone would spill the beans!  They are all stepford wives. 

And yes, half the girls on the team probably hate each other.   Dcc is not immune to normal girl bitchiness.  

I wish someone would, id love to read it!

(edited)

In looking at the TCC picture, does anyone else remember the girl in the front row, second in from the left? The photo says her name is Whitney. Really tall, pretty AA girl. I think she's another one like Kelli, Emily R, Amy and Kelsey who has auditioned for years and never gotten into TC.  I saw her in a trio shot, and I just grinned!  It's gonna be like old home week when MTT airs in August! After a year of really feeling no connection for the TCCs, I'm really looking forward to this year. Yay!

I do believe all TCCs sign a non-disclosure agreement when the enter TC. With the DCC Organization being very aware of its public image, they'd be fools not to have the girls sign one.  Cause you know not every TCC or DCC who was let go agreed with the decision.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

In looking at the TCC picture, does anyone else remember the girl in the front row, second in from the left? The photo says her name is Whitney. Really tall, pretty AA girl. I think she's another one like Kelli, Emily R, Amy and Kelsey who has auditioned for years and never gotten into TC.  I saw her in a trio shot, and I just grinned!  It's gonna be like old home week when MTT airs in August! After a year of really feeling no connection for the TCCs, I'm really looking forward to this year. Yay!

I do believe all TCCs sign a non-disclosure agreement when the enter TC. With the DCC Organization being very aware of its public image, they'd be fools not to have the girls sign one.  Cause you know not every TCC or DCC who was let go agreed with the decision.

I believe Whitney has tried out 3 years in a row!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I got you. Lol.

Please know that I think Stephanie is a beauty but from this forum I get why people feel there is "something" about Stephanie's look. In my previous life (before marriage and children) I worked in women's apparel merchandising.  I was part of the round table that chose models for our catalog. 

You may have not heard of this term before but Stephanie has "fish eyes".  Her eyes are just a smidge too far apart. It does tend to throw people off at times. Then add the fact that Stephanie has big bright eyes, it makes it seem even more off. I hope this makes you feel better. 

Did someone post this clip yet of Cristi's solo? (parts of it) The fact that I like it probably means everyone else here will hate it and find it untechnical, messy, etc. LOL  I think she has really pretty lines.  I hope she tries out again! 

I also saw going through Tasha's IG that she was rookie of the year for the Suns so maybe she really is a super sweet girl and teammate even if she comes across kind of uhhhh on her social media haha I am going to give her a shot to impress me! 

• Love 4

Thank you for posting Cristi's solo. It is very pretty with lots of technique. Her legs are sooooo long. I hope they extended those first two episodes of S11. CMT could put the solos as extras videos on their site. They would get so many hits. It's an easy way for their website to get a ton of traffic.  

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Did someone post this clip yet of Cristi's solo? (parts of it) The fact that I like it probably means everyone else here will hate it and find it untechnical, messy, etc. LOL  I think she has really pretty lines.  I hope she tries out again! 

I also saw going through Tasha's IG that she was rookie of the year for the Suns so maybe she really is a super sweet girl and teammate even if she comes across kind of uhhhh on her social media haha I am going to give her a shot to impress me! 

Cristi is from here in Michigan.  Went to MSU & danced on the Pistons (NBA team).  I'm really surprised she didn't make it in to TC.  They did a little snippet on the news about her auditioning.  Hope she tries out again.  When we lived in Illinois, my son went to school with Justine, who also auditioned this year.  She was always a good dancer, even when she was young.  She's only 18, so she should definitely try again.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

Cristi is from here in Michigan.  Went to MSU & danced on the Pistons (NBA team).  I'm really surprised she didn't make it in to TC.  They did a little snippet on the news about her auditioning.  Hope she tries out again.  When we lived in Illinois, my son went to school with Justine, who also auditioned this year.  She was always a good dancer, even when she was young.  She's only 18, so she should definitely try again.

I think Hunter and Cristi may have had the same problem.. They mentioned it when Loren first tried out. It was something along the lines of being toooooo hip hoppy and sharp and then someone said, yeah that'll be the NBA experience. Another year they might have both been given a shot but they were up against some strong candidates. 

I agree about the non-disclosure agreement. I seem to remember Chelsea having a few things to say on her blog about it all though! And every now and then she'll post a snide comment about it.. The last one I remember was her in a bikini looking SO tiny, and the caption was like "wishing I was as still fat as when I was told I was too fat" I think if they could get away with it, she would have gone to TOWN with all the horrible stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a very real threat of lawsuits from the Jones clan if they say anything which puts the organisation in a negative light! I can't imagine theres anything too horrendous though, or girls wouldn't stay long, surely? 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

So glad Jay got rid of those dreadlocks (or so it appears from a couple of photos).

haha SAME.  I actually really like Jay and his wife though...he had posted a bunch of videos training with girls before tryouts.  I need to go back and see if any of them made TC. 

• Love 1

Forgot that Ashley Nicole cheered for the Suns...I was wondering if she had any time on the team with Tasha Cruz but it looks like they just missed each other (Ashley's last season was 12-13 and Tasha started 13-14). Ashley never seemed to have trouble going from NBA to NFL style, right? I am getting SO curious to see what Tasha is like! 

So fun looking at the pics of the new girls and wondering who we will not see ANY of during camp, who will be the one where we all sit there and go "Kat and Caila got cut for THAT girl?!", who will look 'wrong' in the uniform, who will be on the bubble and work hard enough to make it, etc. 

• Love 4