Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Colby was brought in for drama.  this IS a reality show.  I agree that the validity of the vote should be a concern. 

Colby won the fan vote, so she wasn't brought into TC specifically for drama. I think Kelli and Judy would rather someone else had won. And I might be naïve, but I don't think they cut her right off out of consideration for those who voted her in. The whole incident made for good tv, but TC usually is!

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1

I have a feeling tonight is not going to be a blood bath of vet cuts. That has been the trend these last few years.  With so few 4 and 5 year vets...they need a few  vets just to be the group leaders and co leaders.

• Love 1

I thought that last year, Harrythecat. Guess we'll see. :)

Just now, Harrythecat said:

Plus....I did not see that much talent in this years finalist.....that is been what has squeezed out vets in the past to get them cut.  Just don't see it yet.

That'll be the deciding factor - how much talent is in the new crop of candidates.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Harrythecat said:

For Judy to have made that Twitter comment to speaks says it all about the finalists. And the talent pushing out vets....,not

Agreed but I still think Caila gets cut :)

• Love 1

We'll see about a Caila cut. I think that there have been times they've ignored a girl's partying, but if the beer starts showing on the hips? They send them out the door.

With that said, it would be a shame if Caila does get cut. You could tell she really put in the work her first 2 years, but it looks like she got too comfortable.

I always hated needing to go to bed early for work so staying up till 10 pm was a problem and wasn't happy about waiting till the next day to watch it BUT WAIT...I am retiring and can now stay up YYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

No one posted more of herself dancing than Calia this spring.  She appeared t be working on her dance technique.  Where was she stupid enough to post beer drinking pictures?  I missed them

4 minutes ago, Java said:

We'll see about a Caila cut. I think that there have been times they've ignored a girl's partying, but if the beer starts showing on the hips? They send them out the door.

With that said, it would be a shame if Caila does get cut. You could tell she really put in the work her first 2 years, but it looks like she got too comfortable.

You are right. Caila worked so hard the first two years. Something seems to have happened. Maybe she is just growing into a woman's body instead of a teenager. 

I'm so glad it looks like the show will be on earlier this year! I hope it keeps the 9p/8c time slot through the whole season and not just for the first episode. 

• Love 1

HarrytheCat, there's at least one pic of Caila at a Dallas club partying, and she's under 21. The pic I've seen is up thread somewhere.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I hate saying this, but I think at least one or two vets are getting cut. Remember Season 8 when three one year vets were cut, and Morgan and Kaitlyn made the team.

I sincerely hope they don't cut vets for less than stellar rookies, like they did that season, but you never can tell which way Kelli, Judy and Charlotte are going to jump. 

1 minute ago, MamaV said:

Has there ever been a season where absolutely no vets were cut?

I believe S5 was the one where no Vets were cut. Judy made a comment about it because it was rare that all Vets would make it back.

I think Caila is "on the bubble" as Kelli would say but i think the only other one who would have potentially been cut is Loren and she quit while she was ahead.  Smart decision.

I think someone like Loren who is a mature educated professional realized she would never get show group and that is where all the fun stuff is.  Nicole was the only other to stay but never get show group or group leader...but J&K liked her and she got to go to Londin and was chosen for pro bowl

(edited)
2 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Her technique was awful and was put on full display at the show group auditions 

If Loren's technique was so awful, how did she make th squad for 2 years? Plenty of other girls either slipped or fell during SG auditions...

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1

It's still pretty light outside...sunset isn't until 8:24 tonight. So if anyone needs a dinner break, you've got time. We are so getting a group for a watch party at the stadium next year!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

I think someone like Loren who is a mature educated professional realized she would never get show group and that is where all the fun stuff is.  Nicole was the only other to stay but never get show group or group leader...but J&K liked her and she got to go to Londin and was chosen for pro bowl

Nicole was a second group leader her third and fourth years and first leader her 5th season.

• Love 1
(edited)

Kelli may have rolled her eyes at Loren's last SG audition, but like I said, several other girls slipped and fell and did weird things too. They wouldn't have had Loren coach Simone and Courtney in how to project and power if they didn't think she was good.

Edited by Kaedee
(edited)

OK- did anyone notice that the DCC twitter page posted pics of 22 solos?  Caila's was not on the DCC twitter.

update: maybe 21?  Who's are missing?

Edited by omgtv

Yes, I think it's very telling that Caila wasn't pictured on the Twitter page.  I think her journey is coming to an end tonight.  I wouldn't be surprised if the same was true of Stephanie as well -- I thought she looked very cheap in her solo, and Colin was cut for a similar reason a few years ago.

• Love 1
(edited)

Aren't their handles just @DCC_first name?

Not when there's more than one girl with the same name since twitter started. (i.e. Holly, Jessica, Jennifer, Ashley, etc.)

Edited by sleepyjean
10 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

There was a picture of Caila's solo floating around somewhere....

Yes, Carla's was posted but it was on an account that had only posted that one thing.  Very odd.

Caila's tweets from yesterday seem ... I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised to see the "life has something better for me" tweet coming up later.  

These are from yesterday:

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come" ~Proverbs 31:25

"In this moment heavens working, everything for your good. Tell your heart to beat again. @dannygokey #YourJourneysJustBegun #ItsInHisHands"

"I could not, at any age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. -Eleanor Roosevelt"

https://twitter.com/DCC_Caila?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor