Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

A test and essay are part of the finals also. A few vets were called out for flunking the test and essay in the past. Nicole Hamilton was called out in Season Three for flunking the test by Kelli. The girls who will be heading into Finals with the reauditioning vets will be announced today. They usually bring in 50 to 60 girls into finals. Sometime on Monday or Tuesday, the fans will be allowed to vote for their favorite girl who will get an automatic bye into Training Camp.

Wasn't it Colby with the bottom appeatance? Yes, Morgan was incredibly build & I recall Kelli commenting on her abs having just given birth. I really believe the glam women of the past were feminine & soft yet still sexy. Maybe I'm just trying to make my 52 yr-old "plenty of squishy bits" feel better - lol.  I want to see a hard body who retains a feminine, soft face. It's like what Kelli says about losing weight adding years.  That darn big screen has certainly created a dichotomy of sorts with bodies vs faces.

• Love 1

OK so I misspoke myself about how I defined finalists! 

I think that body builder physiques are not the DCC look.  Yes you do need some fat to add cheeks to your face etc. 

Any more news on others that we thought were trying out?  Did we hear that Colby didn't would not be trying out?  It seems there were fewer photos than in the past of those trying out so less opportunity to see if those who had tried out before would be back.

• Love 1

I definitely think Stephanie is too body builder but Chantal and Holly? No way. I think they're just shorter. Honestly Stephanie doesn't look DCC to me.

4 hours ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Love that we can see some of who got through before the show airs as it's too long to wait lol! The wonders of social media :D

Girl..the women on this board knew the final team roster before the show aired. These women are ON IT!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I just died laughing. This was tweeted to a semi finalist.

image.png

DUDE!! that is the super scary guy I was talking about just the other day!! some of these creepers seem harmless but this guy is legit terrifying to me...he comments on every girls' pic even goes back MONTHS ago and comments...also talking about the uniform.  I'd be honestly scared if he was commenting on my stuff. yikes!! seriously, just watch for his name...FB, twitter, IG...he is there. everywhere. all the time. 

8 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I definitely think Stephanie is too body builder but Chantal and Holly? No way. I think they're just shorter. Honestly Stephanie doesn't look DCC to me.

IMO - and this is mine only. Stephanie does remind me of a body builder. Her face IS hard. It's odd the crap Madeline received re eyebrows last "making the team" considering Steph's are equally harsh.

Of these 3, Chantal's overall physique is my fav. However, she looks much older to me than her actual age.

Then there's Holly P who was my fav dancer of the rookie bunch. After seeing her get her weight under control, yes I was impressed by her work ethic. Unfortunately,  she lost me based on her inability to take s decent photo. Bad cameo shots with no neck & head literally sitting on shoulders. Even her swimsuit "mugging, kissy face" = nope.  Her look nixes her as a DCC for me. Someone once posted that she seemed as if she were modeling " in drag".  Now this comment is stuck in my head & all I see is masculine. Extensions won't grow a neck and adding weight to feminize her face worsens her physique. Of these 3 she's the least DCC for me, followed by Stephanie.  I'd keep Chantal as a representative of the hard working, ultra abs look.

Wow, I'm a nitpicker eh? See what I obsess on when waiting for audition results? Sad. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

IMO - and this is mine only. Stephanie does remind me of a body builder. Her face IS hard. It's odd the crap Madeline received re eyebrows last "making the team" considering Steph's are equally harsh.

Of these 3, Chantal's overall physique is my fav. However, she looks much older to me than her actual age.

Then there's Holly P who was my fav dancer of the rookie bunch. After seeing her get her weight under control, yes I was impressed by her work ethic. Unfortunately,  she lost me based on her inability to take s decent photo. Bad cameo shots with no neck & head literally sitting on shoulders. Even her swimsuit "mugging, kissy face" = nope.  Her look nixes her as a DCC for me. Someone once posted that she seemed as if she were modeling " in drag".  Now this comment is stuck in my head & all I see is masculine. Extensions won't grow a neck and adding weight to feminize her face worsens her physique. Of these 3 she's the least DCC for me, followed by Stephanie.  I'd keep Chantal as a representative of the hard working, ultra abs look.

Wow, I'm a nitpicker eh? See what I obsess on when waiting for audition results? Sad. 

Yeah Stephanie's face/body is not attractive.

there were a few low kicks on the photo dcc twitter posted

2 hours ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Hi all, I'm new here. I think literally years of lurking is quite enough! So far I recognize Kristy (sp?), Charlotte, Kelli, Judy, Romo's wife, Jay, and Meredith Land but anyone know who the others are? Namely Fabio 2016? Also, do you ever think it irks Kitty that she's not a judge? I wonder why she isn't.

You know, Judy looks really pretty in this picture.

• Love 1
(edited)

She does! So I guess Neil McCoy is not back this year? 

ETA: Nevermind, I just checked Twitter and see they mention him.  I'm kind of glad - i liked him last year.  He is sort of blunt but still sweet about it lol

I also didn't realize they had someone up front, out of the view of the camera marking the dance/kicks for the girls while they perform it for the judges? 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, 2134.dancer said:

PS: where did they lady go whose daughter is supposedly auditioning? She must not have made semis or she'd be in here bragging and carrying on. 

Or perhaps she has class and wants to not jeopardize her daughter since we all know K&J are super huge on your social media presence. It's also been speculated that they even sign a non-disclosure agreement so maybe she really can't say? 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, spazette said:

Or perhaps she has class and wants to not jeopardize her daughter since we all know K&J are super huge on your social media presence. It's also been speculated that they even sign a non-disclosure agreement so maybe she really can't say? 

If there was a non-disclosure agreement, there would be no posts on Instagram or Twitter. There's at least 50+ posts that negate that claim. 

59 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

She does! So I guess Neil McCoy is not back this year? 

ETA: Nevermind, I just checked Twitter and see they mention him.  I'm kind of glad - i liked him last year.  He is sort of blunt but still sweet about it lol

I also didn't realize they had someone up front, out of the view of the camera marking the dance/kicks for the girls while they perform it for the judges? 

Wait they have someone marking the dance while the girls perform for the judges.... I didn't know that either!

I like Neil too, he brings some good stuff to the judging.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

If there was a non-disclosure agreement, there would be no posts on Instagram or Twitter. There's at least 50+ posts that negate that claim. 

Ragardless of all that, her lack of posting doesn't automatically mean her daughter didnt make semis. Maybe she did and maybe she didn't. I know that for me personally, my first reaction wouldn't be coming online.

I'm getting anxious to find out who has made finals. Crossing my fingers for Madeline, Kelli Quinn, and Kelsey Lowrance.

• Love 3
(edited)

bottom right corner in the tan. Isn't that former DCC Jenna that was cut for weight at finals with Kamilah and Alyssa???

Deliberation time began about 15 minutes ago 

Edited by 2134.dancer
8 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

bottom right corner in the tan. Isn't that former DCC Jenna that was cut for weight at finals with Kamilah and Alyssa???

Deliberation time began about 15 minutes ago 

Looks like her.... and her pooch! Can't stand Emily V. Fake, stilted and dumb, IMO. 

• Love 1

I wonder if Mia choreographed the dance again this year?

If prior years are any indication, they will film the dancers for the fan vote today, but it won't be posted until tomorrow at the earliest. I seem to remember last year it took an extra long time, maybe a couple of days for the voting pages to be posted. I suppose the vets could watch those videos and start learning the dance ahead of time. At least they will if they're smart.

• Love 1

I really liked Emily, she seems sweet. I could have sworn I saw Kelsey on the dcc snapchat but idk.

Wish they had a live feed of auditions like a lot of dance and cheer comps have, even if it cost money like the cheerleading worlds, etc., it would be worth it ;). Like they could show both this weekend and the solos/field performances from finals.   Of course, they may think that would spoil MTT too much.

1 hour ago, 2134.dancer said:

Not necessarily. Depends on what the disclosure restricts and and when it goes into effect. I guarantee if there is CMT filming involved they're going to sign something basic just to get in the door. Probably tighter once they get into training camp. 

Interesting if that really is former DCC Jenna Allison that she would show up to auditions looking that soft. IMO the year Jenna and all the other girls were cut, she was the softest and most out of shape looking.

Thanks. Still don't remember her, but yeah, her abs look about like mine. Not 2016 DCC toned, and we're never going to have the super flat shape. Just not natural. *sigh* If a girl comes to 2016 auditions with that build (shorter, wider waist), then good luck.

Btw - I think this is much more attractive shape than square Melissa or really boyish straight Lacey (love her, though). 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

That Tasha's Instagram really gives me a "real housewives" vibe.  Gawdy would be the adjective I'd use for some of her shots.

In the shots of her and her husband he seems more like a prop and the shot is really "of her".

Obviously fake boobs too.

Maybe someone on here can answer this question.  Is this really her 3rd husband? She can't be more than 25 years old. And is the rumor she became pregnant during her state Miss Teen reign? Seems like a lot of possible drama for a squeaky clean DCC? 

That said, her family is adorable.

1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

Interesting if that really is former DCC Jenna Allison that she would show up to auditions looking that soft. IMO the year Jenna and all the other girls were cut, she was the softest and most out of shape looking.

I do not think it is Jenna, and I am surprise they would take someone into semi-finals looking like that. I could picture Kelli and Charlotte taking a former DCC who is out of shape into semi-finals for the drama and to make her an example to the other girls.

I took a quick look at Chisara's Instagram and watched a few videos to get a better idea of how she danced.  She's okay, but nowhere near the level she needs to be as a DCC.  In the first one I watched, she's behind the count and seems to have to think about the moves before she does them (which may be one of the reasons she's behind the count). She doesn't seem to finish moves out and isn't clean on the ones she does know. In another video, she said that they taught the dance really fast.  Girl, if you think that's fast, you won't survive Training Camp, assuming you get that far.  Chisara also seems to be softer than she should be for auditions.  She seems to carry it all in the midsection which is harder lose the weight from but can be managed with the right exercises and diet.  I don't think she'll make it to Training Camp, but we'll see.

As for a former DCC, I really doubt we'll see a heavier girl come back if she's not in amazing shape.  I remember Judy saying something about "no more maybes" and that was said in regards to weight.  I took it to mean that, if a vet (or returning girl) didn't come back in great shape (especially knowing the standards she would be held to for the uniform), there was a high chance she wasn't going to get back into Training Camp.  

That chisara girl is adorable, but looks really short and like she may have problems with the boot making her look stubby. I still don't see why they can shorten the boots in proportion to the girls, if they're custom boots.

1 minute ago, SopranoKris said:

Here's another one who's tried out before that I'd like to see perform well.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2016/05/15/2016-dcc-auditions-semi-finals-presented-tangerine-salon#361916

She seemed to have a sweet personality.  Hope she does well this time :)

Are you talking about #82 in yellow? If so, that is Saundra Jessie (Jessie is her last name) who was a Tampa Bay Bucs cheerleader and a TB Lightning girl and this year danced with the Texas Stars. She does seem to be a sweet girl. Love that natural hair and think it is time for DCC to embrace it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Paige turner said:

Are you talking about #82 in yellow? If so, that is Saundra Jessie (Jessie is her last name) who was a Tampa Bay Bucs cheerleader and a TB Lightning girl and this year danced with the Texas Stars. She does seem to be a sweet girl. Love that natural hair and think it is time for DCC to embrace it.

Yes, that's who I meant.  Love the natural, curly hair, too.  Very cute :)

11 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That chisara girl is adorable, but looks really short and like she may have problems with the boot making her look stubby. I still don't see why they can shorten the boots in proportion to the girls, if they're custom boots.

The boot design is made to look the same on all the girls. If the design is changed to make a short girl with shorter looking legs leaner and taller, the look of the boots will not can be in line with the other girls on the team. It may not be right when it comes to an adorable girl with potential, but the girls know they are looking for a certain body.

6 hours ago, kickline2278 said:

I think the man behind Kelli and Charlotte in pink shirt is a local meteorologist named either Scott or Steve?. The woman behind him in the printed dress is Brenda Teele; the judge who always stumps some of the finalists during the interviews. The woman behind Romo's wife is Kristi Scales; she's often the voice of reason when the judges are deliberating on who to bring to finals and ultimately training camp. I think she works for the Cowboys as a sideline reporter. Feel free to correct the previous information.

Kristi Scales has been on DC radio forever! She's a really nice lady. She is their sideline reporter. Babe laufenberg and the other guy slips my mind. Stroke brain lol. The weatherman is cheesy as can be. I think he's on fox. I have no inside info. I just live here. I've met KS and Vivian and Alexandra. I've not been to a game in a couple of years to meet DCC's.