Type keyword(s) to search

Taken Media

(edited)

Being saved for mid-season:

Ambitious new dramas that launch in midseason include "Taken," which will air at 10 p.m. Mondays in the prime post-"Voice" timeslot following the run of the network's new fall drama "Timeless."

Here's the official description:

From executive producer Luc Besson ("Taken," "The Fifth Element") comes a modern-day, edge-of-your-seat thriller that follows the origin story of younger, hungrier former Green Beret Bryan Mills (Clive Standen, "Vikings") as he deals with a personal tragedy that shakes his world. As he fights to overcome the incident and exact revenge, Mills is pulled into a career as a deadly CIA operative, a job that awakens his very particular, and very dangerous, set of skills. In 30 years, this character became the Bryan Mills that we've come to love from the "Taken" films.

The cast includes Clive Standen, Jennifer Beals, Brooklyn Sudano, Monique Gabriela Curnen, Gaius Charles, Michael Irby, James Landry Hébert and Jose Pablo Cantillo.

Alexander Cary serves as writer and executive producer. Luc Besson, Matthew Gross, Edouard de Vésinne, Thomas Anargyros and director Alex Graves also executive produce. "Taken" is produced by EuropaCorp TV and Universal Television.

Please visit the official show site at http://www.nbc.com/taken Facebook: Facebook.com/NBCTaken Twitter: @TakenNBC Hashtag: #Taken

Source: NBC press release (via TheFutonCritic.com)

Edited by Just Here

Yes! I thought they'd wait a bit longer and it come down to the wire, but to be renewed BEFORE the end of the week bloodbath means they were already sweet on renewing it.  And for an additional 16 episodes.

Bryan Mills really does escape from the most dire situations.

Timeless, Blacklist Redemption, and Blindspot are probably vying for one spot between the three. Blindspot with 2 seasons on it's side isn't as safe as they may think since FOX cancelled Rosewood after only 2 seasons.  Timeless has a big educational appeal for family viewing that NBC likes which may help it.

• Love 1

Huge cast shake-up.

Darn it I loved Gaius Charles as team leader.  And weren't some of these guys supposed to end up Brian's poker buddies in the movie series?

But given the new showrunner coming in, I can see them having a different vision. Also this explains why they moved it to a mid-season premiere again.

At least Jennifer Beales is still in it.

Well, damn. I liked the team and GC as the leader. There were some epic bromances to be had there. Not sad about losing Asha though. She was a snooze.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Huge cast shake-up.

Darn it I loved Gaius Charles as team leader.  And weren't some of these guys supposed to end up Brian's poker buddies in the movie series?

But given the new showrunner coming in, I can see them having a different vision. Also this explains why they moved it to a mid-season premiere again.

At least Jennifer Beales is still in it.

I always assumed that the team made up his golfing buddies in the movies. So we have the bait and switch with just the lead character's name, in an alternate spelling surviving and for some reason he likes to say "taken" instead of "kidnapped" or "captured".

It was on the bubble to time shift after watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. before, I am thinking Hawaii 5-0 and its wackiness will still be second place to catch up with first.

Meh - I really liked the whole cast!  I'm kinda sad about Asha though - the show never really involved her except as a plot device and love interest so I knew she was not going to survive if the show made it another season anyway - I kept questioning why she was there because the show didn't seem to want to write for her - anyway - bummed about the cast being gutted... I guess they are starting over.  I doubt I'll be back in S2.

• Love 2

I guess that I won't be back too. I liked the cast. The one member that was least likable to me survived the shakeup. I like Clive, but not enough to continue watching.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, phoenics said:

Meh - I really liked the whole cast!  I'm kinda sad about Asha though - the show never really involved her except as a plot device and love interest so I knew she was not going to survive if the show made it another season anyway - I kept questioning why she was there because the show didn't seem to want to write for her - anyway - bummed about the cast being gutted... I guess they are starting over.  I doubt I'll be back in S2.

Asha was a wasted character because everyone who has seen the movies knows she's not who Brian ends up marrying so there was never any point in investing in her - or any love interest that might still get introduced. Unless it's the ex-wife's character (whose name I'm blanking on at the moment).

• Love 1
17 hours ago, rove4 said:

Asha was a wasted character because everyone who has seen the movies knows she's not who Brian ends up marrying so there was never any point in investing in her - or any love interest that might still get introduced. Unless it's the ex-wife's character (whose name I'm blanking on at the moment).

Even if you know Brian isn't going to marry her, if she was well-written and acted, you'd be interested to find out why not.  Did she die?  Move away?  Decide that Brian wasn't the kind of man she wanted, or maybe he ended it.  Christina isn't in the movies (I'm guessing) but she was still interesting.

Some more casting.

I didn't mind Asha because seeing Brian's endgame lady now would take away a lot of drama since we know she can't die so his lady in peril plots would always run flat. Pretty much any woman he comes across other than Lennie is not going to be safe from being kidnapped, killed, or a potential baddie and shows like this like their lead to have a bevy of women to connect with - although Brian did a great job of having platonic female connections especially with the agent that had early onset dementia.

I liked the first season which beat a very similar show The Brave onto the air with a more famous character who worked for a more ruthless government agency. Losing the team in the reboot lost me.

I agree about losing the team from the first season as they resembled the friends/former co-workers from the movie(s).  It really didn't make sense when those characters were replaced.  Jennifer Beals also seemed kind of one noted to me, so I found her a bit boring.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

How many episodes is this season?

16, so 2 more left after a break next Saturday.

• Love 1