Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Two Ts

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Casey continues his run for alderman, but a citywide propaganda attack against his campaign makes him reconsider his candidacy. The rescue squad is summoned to the scene of a man trapped inside of a burning car with suspicious evidence suggesting that that the fire may have been intentionally set. Mouch's upcoming bachelor party looms, but with Trudy's nerdy brother Larry handling the details, everyone fears for the worst. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Brett take a kidnapping investigation into their own hands.

Seriously, Brett?  You're going to take the word of a parental kidnapper?  And even if she IS an addict.  Surprise!  Some addicts actually are able to have custody of their kids.  Especially if the other option is a f-ing KIDNAPPER.

The funniest part of Mouch's party to me was Severide at the end, methodically downing water.  Someone has a lot of experience with after-party hangovers.

It was probably inevitable that Casey would have to make a deal with someone.  I liked that he didn't do it for votes, or even to shut down the smear campaign, but because he had a clear, altruistic goal: getting the drug deals away from the school.  I'm sure it will backfire somehow, though.

• Love 1

Called it with Casey.  You got shanked, boy.  This isn't Mr. Smith Goes to Chicago.  He should have held a press conference with the strip club flyers and just dropped hints, like "I'm not saying that alderman Becks was in the strip club, but you have to wonder where all that fundraising money went."  After all, he can't do any worse than lose. 

That bit where he came out of the door onto the apparatus floor, only to swing hard around, was just perfectly timed. And Gabby got schooled in the deal, too. 

Tell you what.  Let's just issue some police radios and badges to the medics.  Saves time.

So, if Molly's dies out during the bachelor party, does it have any business outside of Station 51?  I wonder if anyone took the blue pill at the Matrix party.

Finally, there's a reason why fire engines carry water.  Maybe CFD has an in-house extinguisher refill, but if not, that car fire got expensive fast, and they still didn't put it out immediately. 

ETA:  Yup, looks like I got schooled myself.

Edited by Dowel Jones

It was Severide: presumably because of the embarrassing incident that he'd discussed with Kidd earlier.  I was happy that their "secret" from last episode was a bit more than just two consenting adults sleeping together, but it still basically amounts to Severide not being able to keep it in his pants.  I was hoping for something a little more interesting there.

This episode was lame. Silvie needs to be in a different line of work. Obviously, her and former candidate will be hooking up soon though. I did like the reactions from the guys on the brother's ideas. Chili's or TGIFridays? On a shallow note, is it me or are the ears on the new girl distracting?

• Love 1

Sylvie quickly became the worst.  This is the second time she hasn't done the basic part of her job, LEAVING THE PATIENTS AT THE HOSPITAL.  

If there's any justice in the world(and I know there isn't), the mom won't be on drugs and she will file a complaint on nosy ass Brett with 2 Ts.  I'm sure next episode will have the mom back in the hospital on an overdose.  Whatever.

Did they ever say why the manhole covers were exploding into the air? I missed that part.

Well, so far nobody has threatened Casey's life but I'm sure that's still coming. Mean time, I wonder what ever did happen to his mom. She just kind of took off with a former inmate and she was on parole and was supposed to be monitored by/living with Casey. And he just let her take off.

I knew as soon as the guys got to the hotel the whole thing had been a joke and that there'd be strippers and stuff up in the suite.

• Love 1

Brett's a moron - why not just tell magic nurse Maggie that the kid was asking to go to his mom's when they pulled him out.  I know the newbie tried to tell her kid's say weird stuff, but unless Mom's house was the Dad's way of saying Mom was in heaven, I don't think a kid whose mom had really died in childbirth would ask to go to her house.  I guess that's the problem with having 3 separate shows, if the case had been on Chicago Med instead of Chicago Fire the paramedics would have told the nurse what the kid said, then the nurse and doctors would have asked the kid about what happened and where his mom was and they would have figured out he was a kidnap victim before releasing him and dad.

Wouldn't a parental abduction like that trigger an Amber alert?  

It was Severide: presumably because of the embarrassing incident that he'd discussed with Kidd earlier.

Is this a backstory that we were aware of?  Did we watch this story enfold in a previous season?

Wouldn't a parental abduction like that trigger an Amber alert?

I believe that they did mention that there was an Amber alert on him.

Hmm, looks like Brett caught the Dawson-virus. Too bad she doesn't know any cops she could talk to when she thinks something is off...

I'm sure Kidd's ex who's still sleeping with her when she's not jabbing him with B-12 will be thrilled to learn that she works in the same firehouse as Severide. And no drama will ensue at all.

Casey's story-line was a snooze-feast - as expected. But the bachelor party stuff was great, I loved Otis geeking out.

Edited by MissLucas

Brett is quickly becoming the worst thing about the show.

I'm not sure why, but I find myself more annoyed by Brett in this episode than at Dawson during the storyarcs where she essentially did the same thing.  Maybe it's just that we actually got to see some of this bite Dawson in the ass, when she had that disciplinary hearing.  So far, Brett really hasn't had to face any real professional consequences for her antics and it's very frustrating to watch.

I'm probably the only one really enjoying the Alderman plotline.  But really, I'm just happy it's something a bit different from the repeated "Oh no, some powerful guy has it out for Station 51 and/or Boden!" storyline.  Also, I inevitably find the end results of Casey's weird side story adventures amusing in a 'WTF just happened' way.  The last one ended up with him totally killing some dude, so I have high hopes for this one.

Well, Brett hasn't quite reached Dawson potential for me yet but she's catching up fast with her super-emt-girl routine. The worst part about this sort of writing is that it makes other characters look completely incompetent. In this episode Roman caught the idiot ball. He realizes the prints he's been running belong to a suspect in a child abduction case yet he does not a) alert hospital security to detain the guy b) bring a partner along to make the arrest and c) have someone from CPS in tow to deal with a pretty traumatized kid. Instead he rushes to the hospital where only with the help of super-Brett is he able to identify, chase and arrest the suspect and take care of the kid. And if the mother turns out to be using next episode then we will just get more of the same.

I had the same problem- how many officials must have been involved in the transfer of child back to mom and somehow only Brett notices she might be "off"?

I loved that Trudy actually had the idea for the bachelor party fake-out. They all looked hilarious on the elevator. I wasn't sure why we saw Casey with party info when he didn't show. Do he and the alderman just keep crashing each other's events? Where is security?

I'm just happy it's something a bit different from the repeated "Oh no, some powerful guy has it out for Station 51 and/or Boden!" storyline.

Give it another episode or two and it's sure to turn into "Oh no, some powerful guy has it out for Casey." Namely, the incumbent alderman, once he realizes Casey has a chance of winning.

Give it another episode or two and it's sure to turn into "Oh no, some powerful guy has it out for Casey." Namely, the incumbent alderman, once he realizes Casey has a chance of winning.

Probably true, but there's a bit of variety until then.  Besides, if I'm lucky, it'll end in a completely ridiculous way, like his last solo plotline.  :-)

I wasn't sure why we saw Casey with party info when he didn't show. Do he and the alderman just keep crashing each other's events? Where is security?

They're not. They're "community/meet the candidates" events.

So everyone on the ballott would be there.