Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe said he was right that Joe Biden is the only Democrat that could have been elected President this year because he was a centrist.

Nate Persily is a new guest. He said the Trump campaign is not going to win various court cases to stop the counting in states where Trump is leading.

• Love 1

I was up early (due do a semi-hysterical text from my brother about Trump) so tuned in to MJ first thing.  He was practically foaming at the mouth with his ranting and superior know-it-all-ness.  So I switch to CNN; it was actually really good...just the facts, presented really well.  I stayed but missed Kornacki.  John King is no substitute.  And whenever I see John King and Dana Bash I wonder what imploded her marriages to Jeremy Bash (a wee crush on him) and King.  My brain needed a vacation.

• Love 4
  • In the shallow end, since I was just flipping channels and saw them both "together": Looked like Mika's hair is getting lighter again and Joe's is getting darker. Haven't seen them for quite awhile. 
  •  
  • "As if she is sitting on the bridge of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D)." OMG! I read this after I posted the hair thing and was so glad you mentioned her top: I immediately thought her hair was reflecting her silver spacesuit!!
Edited by plumbago blues
Lesson learned to read posts in the order they are written!
  • Love 3

Willie applauded Biden for not supporting the tearing down of George Washington statues & not defunding the police.

Joe said Steve Bullock lost because the branding of the Democratic party as extremist.

Meacham said that Presidents that win narrow elections are consequential.

Joe said that Madison's checks & balances will protect America from Donald Trump.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Things I am truly sick of:  LeMire saying "Joe you are so right" .... anything "Joe said" .... Joe trying to hide his true colors (they are coming out at last) ...  John Meecham pontificating...Barnicle pontificating.  Meecham is really the only one I can tolerate anymore.  And where are the guests they used to have?  The other Usual Regulars?  

Did anyone see a video of Stephen Colbert breaking down last night?

• Love 1

where is Steph? i need her energy rn...

Maybe they want Joe to call it, which tbf, would make Trump's head explode, heh

ETA: way to ruin a happy moment with that depressing Atlantic article... yes, we need to go there but can it not wait one hour??

Edited by neona

Victoria DeSoto was worried about the GOP winning many state house legislatures. They can continue to gerrymander congressional districts.

3 minutes ago, neona said:

where is Steph? i need her energy rn...

Maybe they want Joe to call it, which tbf, would make Trump's head explode, heh

Joe has the gravitas to make an election call. Stephanie would be too giddy:)

• LOL 2

Joe said no one admitted to watching Baywatch yet it was a very popular show worldwide.

Joe blasted local pollsters who predicted that Democrats would pick up seats in Congress. No one admitted to voting for Trump.

Joe said polls are meaningless.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, oakville said:

Victoria DeSoto was worried about the GOP winning many state house legislatures. They can continue to gerrymander congressional districts.

Joe has the gravitas to make an election call. Stephanie would be too giddy:)

i know you're joking but Steph out-rated them Wednesday....anyhoo, i just want anyone, like even the MSNBC janitor to call iiiit because, SLEEP

Edited by neona
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Kasie said that twitter is not real life.

Really?  She is probably sleep deprived - like most of the on-air election personnel.  I don't think Joe would want to go toe-to-toe with Heilemann in a battle of wits.  Just saying.  But I am there if he wants to do so.

• Love 4

Joe said there are 9 Hispanic children being born for every Caucasian child in Texas. The GOP is doomed.

However, Joe applauded the GOP for increasing their share of Hispanic votes in Texas & Florida. Make up your mind Joe!

• Love 1

Joe said he was fire breathing Conservative in 1994, but is not fire breathing now. Joe said he visited moderate GOP district in 1998. He understood that not everyone was as Conservative as he was.

Barnicle said that progressives don't pay attention to moderate Democrats.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe applauded black voters in South Carolina for making Joe Biden the nominee for President.

Eugene thanked Stacy Abrams for getting voters organized in Georgia. The turnout among African Americans is incredible.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Things I am truly sick of:  LeMire saying "Joe you are so right" .... anything "Joe said" .... Joe trying to hide his true colors (they are coming out at last) ...  John Meecham pontificating...Barnicle pontificating.  Meecham is really the only one I can tolerate anymore.  And where are the guests they used to have?  The other Usual Regulars?  

"Joe you are so right" sycophant Harold Ford, Jr. shows up now and then on Bret Baier's round table. His "JYASR" line has been replaced with "First off, Bret, thank you for having me on." Every single time. Is Heidi on any shows anymore? Never hear about her. She was a suck-up, too. The show needs a major overhaul, beginning, of course with the hosts. Time to definitely can Donnie, who has no place on a politics based show, Barnicle, same reason, and all of their Jupiter neighbors. Dull AF as the kids would say.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, may flowers said:

Does Mika always tell Joe what he actually meant when he said something? Joe went back to explain how important Bernie was to Biden’s campaign and Mika two or three times interrupted to say “what you meant earlier...”.  Since when does that happen? 

I dunno. Maybe every time she jolts back to the present from scrolling IG and realizes she has no idea what's going on on her show. Or, maybe, Joe kicks her under the table as a prompt so he can repeat himself ad nauseum.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

"Joe you are so right" sycophant Harold Ford, Jr. shows up now and then on Bret Baier's round table. His "JYASR" line has been replaced with "First off, Bret, thank you for having me on." Every single time. Is Heidi on any shows anymore? Never hear about her. She was a suck-up, too. The show needs a major overhaul, beginning, of course with the hosts. Time to definitely can Donnie, who has no place on a politics based show, Barnicle, same reason, and all of their Jupiter neighbors. Dull AF as the kids would say.

Mika & Joe are in debt to Donnie. He used to recommend to his clients that they advertise on Morning Joe during its early years.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika was reading one of Joe's political obituaries of Joe Biden. Mika got very emotional.

Joe said it wasn't an obituary, because he knew Biden would come back in South Carolina.

I teared up while she read that beautiful letter, I am tearing up as I am typing this post.

The media was just trouncing Biden over his losses and then South Carolina spoke...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Time to definitely can Donnie, who has no place on a politics based show

Nicolle seems to adore him, dog knows why, so his sell-by date on the network probably hasn't come.

4 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said he was right that Joe Biden is the only Democrat that could have been elected President this year because he was a centrist.

He's actually right, for once.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

I dunno. Maybe every time she jolts back to the present from scrolling IG and realizes she has no idea what's going on on her show. Or, maybe, Joe kicks her under the table as a prompt so he can repeat himself ad nauseum.

i don't blame her, scrolling through twitter is literally what *I* do while he's ranting. this format where it's all about him is so self-indulgent

22 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I teared up while she read that beautiful letter, I am tearing up as I am typing this post.

The media was just trouncing Biden over his losses and then South Carolina spoke...

this. well done, Joe. it was actually very moving, and the right note... the man deserves a moment of acknolwedgment for his achievement and hope before it all devolves into how impooooooossible it will all be and how terrible everything still is (mayb not untrue, but, still...)   

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

I was up early (due do a semi-hysterical text from my brother about Trump) so tuned in to MJ first thing.  He was practically foaming at the mouth with his ranting and superior know-it-all-ness.  So I switch to CNN; it was actually really good...just the facts, presented really well.  I stayed but missed Kornacki.  John King is no substitute.  And whenever I see John King and Dana Bash I wonder what imploded her marriages to Jeremy Bash (a wee crush on him) and King.  My brain needed a vacation.

I don’t dislike John King, but for some reason his voice grates on my nerves (especially when he and Wolf Blitzer are on at the same time). I’m a Kornacki fan, but I also like John King’s backup on CNN (younger guy, but I don’t know his name). 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, neona said:

i don't blame her, scrolling through twitter is literally what *I* do while he's ranting. this format where it's all about him is so self-indulgent

Yeah, but she's getting millions of $ to do it...you know, as co-host and all.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

Joe desperately wants to be the one that calls the race for the network.

Good grief, do you think?  Maybe all the other hosts are exhausted?  This would feed their egos; and give them an excuse to have a "day off" this coming week.  As much as I want all of this to be over, it would be such a letdown to have The Twins be the ones on the air when and if it happens.  I wish I didn't sound so petty.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Good grief, do you think?  Maybe all the other hosts are exhausted?  This would feed their egos; and give them an excuse to have a "day off" this coming week.  As much as I want all of this to be over, it would be such a letdown to have The Twins be the ones on the air when and if it happens.  I wish I didn't sound so petty.

Then I'm petty as well. And I will experience so much schadenfreude if the announcement comes in the hour after they leave the set.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

If they get to call it while poor Rachel is stuck in quarantine, while the other hosts on the network have been doing double and triple duty this week--well, I'll be the one over here wailing and gnashing and beating myself about the head and shoulders.  

• Love 1

Morning Joe Saturday ?

Joe is wearing a navy blue blazer with a beautiful red tie! Joe is prepared to call the election.

Joe said the networks are calling Gerald Ford the 1976 GOP nominee.

Joe is mad a everyone on the networks ignoring the reality of Biden winning.

Joe said the networks are afraid of getting Trump angry if they call the election.

Joe said the race is over!. Joe said he has been watching the election since 1972. Joe was 9 years old in 1972. He told his dad that Nixon would win.

Joe is demanding that the networks follow the DATA.

Joe said the networks have called states within a minute of the poll closing in the past.

Trump's chief of staff , Mark Meadows has Covid. They showed clips of him not wearing a mask.

• Love 2

Joe said there is no excuse for the network not calling Pennsylvania.

Mika said that the states could have counted the ballots sooner.

Joe blasted the GOP legislature in Pennsylvania for giving Trump a chance to mount a legal challenge. They should have counted the mail in ballots as they came in.

Mika agreed with Joe.

David Wasserman aid that provisional ballots would not be enough to overturn Biden's lead. Trump may pick up 5K ballots at most.

• Love 3

If MSNBC shuffles it's programming after the election....could The Twins move to weekend mornings?  And someone else takes over the weekday 6-9 timeslot.  Or maybe the timeslots will be shuffled....Kasie on until 7; someone else from 7-9.  Something like that.  But The Twins would be Saturday and Sunday mornings.  

• Love 2

For once I actually agreed and even freakin enjoyed one of Joe's rants. Caaaaall iiiiiiiiit

wtf Mika just made a great point pushing back on Joe re: McConnell and Joe just cut her out and insteda of letting her talk went to Lemire! this whole set up where he controls everything so unfair. YEAH it's pretty valid for Mika to say McConnell should be condemning this shit...

ETA: and someone should be pointing out the possibly subliminal messaging of the "illegally submitted" part of that tweet, just sayin 

Edited by neona

Joe said his sources told him that the GOP would lose seats in Congress but the local polls were wrong.

Wasserman said that Republicans won't answer pollsters, but Trump helped the down ballot voters.

Some Republicans split their ballots and voted for Biden & GOP Congressman.

Wasserma was shocked at GOP strength in Hispanic districts in Florida & South Texas.

He couldn't believe that the GOP was so strong near the Texas-Mexico border.

Joe was happy at split tickets & were afraid of Biden having total control of the government.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said the race is over!. Joe said he has been watching the election since 1972. Joe was 9 years old in 1972. He told his dad that Nixon would win.

That struck me, too.  I knew Joe is younger than I am and I was in high school in 1972, so I was like, dude, you were watching like I was watching in 1964, the first election I remember (I was seven).  It doesn't count.

It was somewhat spoiled by his usual bombastic style, and put Dave Wasserman on the defensive, but Joe said out loud -- really loud -- what everyone else is thinking, about why it's taking so long for any of the news organizations to call the race. 

• Love 3

Just tuned in, and two things: 1. OMG, Joe is wearing a suit! I didn't even know he owned one. 2. I'm actually agreeing with him about calling the race. His rants are my rants. Surely, the apocalypse is upon us. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Oh, for fuck's sake.  The Jerry Ford joke wasn't funny in the first minutes.  And now he's trying to make it a running joke.

Shocked at myself for giving props to Mika, but Mika telling Joe never to say there's breaking news again unless there's breaking news is actually the exact right thing to do.  Sad as hell that anyone should have to tell Joe not to do that.  This is not SNL.

• Love 5

I don't think Joe is enjoying his Saturday morning very much. The political analysts like David Wasserman don't seem nearly as impressed with Mr. "I Know Everything Because I Live In Florida And Used To Be A Congressman" as his weekend crew of sycophants, nor are they as willing to be interrupted. Wasserman corrected two points that Joe was wrong about re mail-in voting and that's something that seldom happens on "Morning Joe". I also doubt that he's happy that Steve Kornacki is the real star of the show and that Joe has to shut up when Steve has something to say.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Even Mika, and OMG I'm defending her twice in one day, jumped in early and pointed out that the problem is with the vote counting being delayed by the machinations of the Republican state legislatures in a year where absentee balloting as a percentage of the vote skyrocketed, not the vote assessing skills of the decision desks.  Although we're all beyond frustrated at this point, TBH.

she was definitely right to point this out as an explanation for why this shitshow has dragged on several days...but Joe is right to say that there is no explanation for why the decision desks aren't calling it NOW, or like, 24 hours ago, gaaaah 

Happy they pointed out those vote counters are heroes though

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

The Twins would be Saturday and Sunday mornings. 

This would be ideal: 1. I don't watch any morning tv on the weekends and 2. I would welcome a reason to watch MSNBC on weekday mornings.

Also it would give our pal Oakville some well deserved time off! Leave the grueling 5 day/week recapping job for a more laid back weekend gig!! (Your services will still be required, Oakville, but we'll allow you a life outside of the daily grind!)

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, neona said:

Happy they pointed out those vote counters are heroes though

The real heroes are Mika & Joe who agreed to work on Saturday.

Joe wore a blazer & tie. The election sweater is in the laundry.

Joe finally changed his talking point about Hillary Clinton being a pathetic candidate for President.

Hillary Clinton will be relieved after suffering in agony for 4 years at the daily devastating critiques by one of the most powerful pundits on cable tv.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1