Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, cased said:

Cable and satellite are losing subscribers like crazy

Ha.  I love that my cable company is offering me a sweet deal where they no longer provide me with any content whatsoever, but will charge me for the privilege of watching streaming apps.  Um...that's called my Roku TV.

Why would anyone go to Peacock to watch Joe and Mika when Joy, Rachel and Nicolle will be on MSNBC?

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Ha.  I love that my cable company is offering me a sweet deal where they no longer provide me with any content whatsoever, but will charge me for the privilege of watching streaming apps.  Um...that's called my Roku TV.

Why would anyone go to Peacock to watch Joe and Mika when Joy, Rachel and Nicolle will be on MSNBC?

Out of Joy, Rachel and Nicolle, the only one I like is Nicolle. So I will check out Joe and Mika. 

• Love 1

Peacock pre-debate summary: Joe, Mika and Willie are in their usual boxes, but different backgrounds with red, white and blue bunting. Joe is wearing a tie, and Mika is wearing a black top. 

• Love 4

Did anyone watch Peacock?  Did Joe wear a black sweater and a yellow shirt?

I tried to download NBC's sports app one time, and I stopped because it required linking the app with my cable TV account.  So, no Peacock for moi.

Jon Lemire congratulated Joe on his appearance on the Peacock Network debate coverage.  I hardly think Joe is celebrating getting pushed aside to the streaming service while Joy Reid helmed MSNBC's broadcast.

Lemire thinks the Trump people were pleased with the debate.  Mika said that Joe Biden had lots of strong moments.

Joe said that Donald Trump did not speak in complete sentences.  He called Trump's answers gobbledygook. Mika thought it was good that Biden said "oh God" because it showed what she thinks of Trump. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Did anyone watch Peacock?  Did Joe wear a black sweater and a yellow shirt?

I tried to download NBC's sports app one time, and I stopped because it required linking the app with my cable TV account.  So, no Peacock for moi.

Jon Lemire congratulated Joe on his appearance on the Peacock Network debate coverage.  I hardly think Joe is celebrating getting pushed aside to the streaming service while Joy Reid helmed MSNBC's broadcast.

Lemire thinks the Trump people were pleased with the debate.  Mika said that Joe Biden had lots of strong moments.

Joe said that Donald Trump did not speak in complete sentences.  He called Trump's answers gobbledygook. Mika thought it was good that Biden said "oh God" because it showed what she thinks of Trump. 

See my post above - Joe wore a tie.  Joe and Mika’s Peacock coverage was pretty Shortcuts 15 minutes before and about 25 minutes after. Maybe this was a dry-run for their election night coverage, which I think will be longer.

The Peacock app is pretty simple. You have to sign up for a free account, but that’s it. 

• Love 3

Quaaludes Trump vs Crystal Meth Trump...Adderall Heilemann, ILY. LOL

3 hours ago, Liberty said:

How about Eugene Robinson's tie?

It was nice? Idk am i missing something. On this show you get points for actually wearing one. Also for finally calling a spade a spade and using the word "kidnapping" re: the border kids. 

ETA: Actually, I'm gonna correct myself here, because a quick google search tells me Eugene correctly refered to it as "kidnapping" even back in 2018, because he's a fucking hero and patriot and decent human.  Here's the link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-trump-administration-kidnapped-children-someone-should-go-to-jail/2018/07/12/2128c51c-8605-11e8-8f6c-46cb43e3f306_story.html

Edited by neona
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Debates and town halls are for pundits. They use them to sound like they know what's going on, when they have no better idea than any of us, we can all read polls.  One of my local channel anchors said "we'll tell you who won the debate", I yelled back "You idiots can't even tell me if it's raining!!" 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

only enjoyable part of my morning so far has been that 3-second clip of Obama...it's like whooosh! Energy! Humor! Fighting spirit! come on MJ people, we're one week out, wake uuuuup  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Joe started the show responding to the Mark Meadows clip with Jake Tapper. Joe said Trump has surrendered to the virus.

Joe reciting the history of Trump's comments on the virus.

Joe is mad at Trump holding super spreader events.

Joe said he protects himself from the virus by wearing a navy blue sweater.

• LOL 5

8:30 AM:  What fun it must be to count yourself among Joe's friends and family! " How can you buy Trump's lies about the virus, they repeat and spout his lies but then in private they do what they need to take care of their own family."  Wow-- how many friends does one have?  How long would you remain Joe's friends when he spouts off on you on teevee like that?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, WhineandCheez said:

8:30 AM:  What fun it must be to count yourself among Joe's friends and family! " How can you buy Trump's lies about the virus, they repeat and spout his lies but then in private they do what they need to take care of their own family."  Wow-- how many friends does one have?  How long would you remain Joe's friends when he spouts off on you on teevee like that?

I think Joe has many imaginary friends. On some days, his friends come up to him and tell him that they agree with Joe about Trump.

On other days, Joe said that his friends end him articles on Facebook about Trump's conspiracy theories. Joe warns them that they are fake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

They remain his friends because THEY ARE NOT WATCHING THIS SHOW. We are! gaaaaaaah

it's like omg go away Cicero-Joe and come back smart, fun, irreverent Joe.... you're missed

• Love 3

Katty went to Miami to talk to Venezuelans Americans. They support Trump.

Kurbella said that Trump is doing better with Hispanic voters than 2016. However, Biden is doing better with older white voters than 2016.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, neona said:

t's like omg go away Cicero-Joe and come back smart, fun, irreverent Joe.... you're missed

When was Joe smart & fun?  I must not have watched that day. 

🙂

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 5
46 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

🙂

idk, he sometimes shows up on Fridays. i have hope

fuck, it's gonna be a long week, isn't it. I'm glad you guys are here to make me laugh

ETA: I can't wait to see what the Lincoln Project does with the Lesley Stahl exchange they showed. I hope it involves live chickens 

Edited by neona
  • Love 1

What can prevent Trump from selling the secret stuff he knows to our enemies?  I started thinking about it during the interview with the author of Traitor.  If he is in as bad financial  shape as has been reported, its right up his alley.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, jacourt said:

What can prevent Trump from selling the secret stuff he knows to our enemies?  I started thinking about it during the interview with the author of Traitor.  If he is in as bad financial  shape as has been reported, its right up his alley.

This is why people in financial trouble don't get security clearances, esp at that level. Too much risk.  I'm sure this has been the Intel Community's nightmare.  

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

JUST STOP IT.  The more you say it the less impact it has. 

So true. Her twitter is like a twelve year old kid's who just learned a swear word: Super spreader, super spreader and my favorite, HUMAN super spreader. We get it.

It's kind of like what she's done with Know Your Value.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

So true. Her twitter is like a twelve year old kid's who just learned a swear word: Super spreader, super spreader and my favorite, HUMAN super spreader. We get it.

It's kind of like what she's done with Know Your Value.

She hears Joe repeat the same phrase fifteen times and thinks she'll try it too. 

Joe probably learned it in law school as a tool for when he was delivering closing arguments.  

Okay, we didn't ask you for twenty metaphors that mean the same thing! Say what you want to say and move on. 

• Love 3

repetitive tweets aside, I'm not sure what else one could call that oval office meeting they showed footage of - where the only masked person was a VISIBLY PREGNANT WOMAN, and the grown ass men clustering around her couldn't even be bothered to put on masks to protect her and her unborn child. ugh

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, neona said:

repetitive tweets aside, I'm not sure what else one could call that oval office meeting they showed footage of - where the only masked person was a VISIBLY PREGNANT WOMAN, and the grown ass men clustering around her couldn't even be bothered to put on masks to protect her and her unborn child. ugh

I don't hear anyone else saying it as much as she does.  It's like she can't think of any other way to talk about it other than yell SUPER SPREADER!!!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe reciting the history of Trump's comments on the virus.

Joe is mad at Trump holding super spreader events.

I haven't watched in a couple of months.

I see nothing has changed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

🙂

hmmm....you know, I've thought about it some more, and to be serious for a moment....I didn't watch this show from the beginning, only from a couple of years ago, and I really loved it then, before it changed so drastically...

...and I also watched clips from the early years online, the Obama years etc, and it's like...

Why doesn't MY generation deserve a fun political show like the Old-style Morning Joe??

Like I crave it right now...spontaneous and fun, with people just talking, not yelling or bloviating, around a real table, people who assume their audience is already smart, and don't dumb things down because dumb people already OWN 99% of television anyway...

Like, just looking at the old clips, why can't *we* have any of the fun colorful stuff you guys had before, the friendly table, the fresh nice clothes, the non-zombie looking panelists, the crazy irreverent jokes, the in-depth obscure conversations that actually intellectually challenge you, the fearless discussions of controversial topics... 

Everything we get is so clinical, or so commercial, or so formulaic, or so depressing, or so hopeless. And even in the middle of the pandemic where our lives are getting fucked over  no effort is made to enrich or inspire or brighten our lives...

soooo.... sometimes I watch Morning Joe because even though the people are older, it's drastically different, and it sorta reminds me of another more vibrant, interesting, irreverent era, idk

and I just wish we could have some of their old-school intellectual energy and craziness and inspiration back right now, when we need it so desperately

//quarantine rant over //its gonna be a loooong week //clearly i need dexamethasone //is it over yet???

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, neona said:

Why doesn't MY generation deserve a fun political show like the Old-style Morning Joe??

There are younger hosts on MSNBC, if that's what you are interested in.    Alicia Mendez is young she has a two hour show at 6 pm on weekends. 

Nicolle's show is much more lively and fun, it's basically the same format as MJ but without the sturm and drang.  And she actually knows what she's talking about. 

Example: Nicolle just mentioned she watched the second Borat movie and can't get the image of Pence kissing other women out of her mind.  Can you even imagine Mika watching those movies? Her head would explode.   I'm sure the only way Joe will see it is if he sneaks over to Lemire's house on the premise of watching the World Series. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5

It does help! And I love Nicolle, Alicia etc!!

But in normal times I don't really have time to watch news in the afternoon, and definitely not on weekends, and so I just wish the first thing we turn on in my household when we wake up wasn't so...you know...siiiigh. And then there are clips out there of what it used to be, so easy and effortless and interesting, and it's like, why can't WE have that, why don't WE deserve that? What changed? 

Sorry again for ranting, heh. Maybe the best solution is to disconnect all broadband etc and just have a West Wing marathon until it's all over...  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, neona said:

Sorry again for ranting, heh. Maybe the best solution is to disconnect all broadband etc and just have a West Wing marathon until it's all over...  

Hey, I kicked the habit by watching Korean baseball. So, whatever works!

• Love 1

Tuesday Recap.

The show starts with clips of a Trump rally. Mika & Joe said Trump killed hundreds of thousands of people. Joe seems to believe that the USA is the only country where people died of the virus.

Joe said that Trump is frustrated & is mad at having to go to Pennsylvania.

Joe is talking to Democratic operatives. He told Joe that Trump's big rallies scare seniors because they are worried about dying from being in close contact.

Joe attacked Mark Meadows. Joe said he will never work again after Trump loses. Joe is naive.

Joe Biden will be in Warm Springs Georgia.

Biden is leading in Wisconsin & Pennsylvania.

Kornacki showed up with a fancy digital map. Trump is on defence in several states.

Joe said that if Biden wins Florida , Trump will no longer be President.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, neona said:

But in normal times I don't really have time to watch news in the afternoon, and definitely not on weekends, and so I just wish the first thing we turn on in my household when we wake up wasn't so...you know...siiiigh. And then there are clips out there of what it used to be, so easy and effortless and interesting, and it's like, why can't WE have that, why don't WE deserve that? What changed? 

It was easier because Obama was in the WH   so Joe had someone whom he could rail against, while being loyal to his party.  And Joe wasn't nursing a four year old grudge that he didn't get to be a senior advisor to Trump or whatever it was he thought he'd be.  

And he wasn't married to Mika and stuck with her in a house in Florida, instead of jamming with his Dad bros at Purgatory or Prohibition or whatever the fuck that club is that lets his band play .

Personally, I'd just watch The West Wing, or The Office, something that makes you feel happy.  Don't start your day with all the negativity  and bullshit on Morning Joe.   

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3

Joe & Lemire were outraged at Trump campaigning in NH. He is trailing by double digits.

Joe is demanding that Trump only campaign in Pennsylvania, Arizona, North Carolina & Florida.

Joe forgets that there is 1 Electoral College Vote in Maine & Omaha Nebraska that are decided by congressional district. Trump won both of them in 2016.

I remember when Joe was yelling at Trump in 2016 for being foolish about campaigning in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania & Michigan. The state polls at the time predicted that Clinton would win those states. Trump won all 3 states.

Joe got mad at Trump for saying that law enforcement would be watching the vote counting in Philadelphia.

Joe forgot that his friend Chris Matthews used to brag about Democratic campaigns handing out cash to operatives to get people to vote in Philly.

Joe took off his glasses and did the "Hey Donald speech ". Joe said Attorney's General in several states are looking into Donald Trump's shady business dealings.

Shawna Thomas was baffled by Trump asking law enforcement watching Pennsylvania.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

oe & Lemire were outraged at Trump campaigning in NH. He is trailing by double digits.

Joe is demanding that Trump only campaign in Pennsylvania, Arizona, North Carolina & Florida.

Joe forgets that there is 1 Electoral College Vote in Maine & Omaha Nebraska that are decided by congressional district. Trump won both of them in 2016.

I remember when Joe was yelling at Trump in 2016 for being foolish about campaigning in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania & Michigan. The state polls at the time predicted that Clinton would win those states. Trump won all 3 states.

Joe got mad at Trump for saying that law enforcement would be watching the vote counting in Philadelphia.

Joe forgot that his friend Chris Matthews used to brag about Democratic campaigns handing out cash to operatives to get people to vote in Philly.

Joe took off his glasses and did the "Hey Donald speech ". Joe said Attorney's General in several states are looking into Donald Trump's shady business dealings.

Shawna Thomas was baffled by Trump asking law enforcement watching Pennsylvania.

What isn't Joe mad about? 

I think Chris Matthews was drunk about half the time. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

It was easier because Obama was in the WH so everyone in general was happier,  and Joe wasn't nursing a four year old grudge that he didn't get to be a senior advisor to Trump or whatever it was he thought he'd be.  Also with a Democrat in the WH, Joe had someone whom he could rail against, while being loyal to his party.  

And he wasn't married to Mika and stuck with her in a house in Florida, instead of jamming with his Dad bros at Purgatory or Prohibition or whatever the fuck that club is that let's his band play .

I agree with your analysis. Joe couldn't be more upset  with Trump after 3 Morning Joe panelists that Joe recommended for the Trump cabinet were rejected by the Trump transition committee. It was an insult to Joe's self proclaimed knowledge about how to build a Federal Cabinet.

The final slap in the face to Joe was not letting his band perform at the Inauguration ceremony .

Joe had already written several songs about Trump that he was planning to use in Trump : The Musical.

The Inauguration committee was foolish not to recognize Joe's musical genius.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

T 6:30 am, Joe started talking about Jon Stewart making fun of Morning Joe many years ago. No one knew who Joe was , so the audience didn't laugh.

Joe then started talking about a guy at the Mississsippi State fair who used to go raccoon hunting. Mika & Willie were confused about Joe's story but laughed along with him. Joe said he is tired about talking about the election & wants it too be over.

Joe is mad at Ice Cube for working with Jared Kushner.

Joe is mad at Jared Kushner for saying some some black people don't want to be successful.

Shawna said Jared was condescending towards black people.

• Love 2

Joe went on a rant against Ice Cube for supporting Trump.

Joe demanded that Ice Cube be associated with Trump's Charlottsville comments , Trump calling hispanics breeders.

Joe said it was a horrible career move for Ice Cube & Kanye West to support Donald Trump.

Joe called Jared Kushner a young inexperienced person who was a bad rapper.

Mika doesn't realize that Jared Kushner was never a rapper.

Joe started yelling about  Eugene Robinson growing up in Orangeburg South Carolina.

Eugene was a victim of racism. Joe said Eugene gave his sons a talk about what to do when the police approach him.

• Love 2

It took till 7 34 am for Joe to discuss the Supreme Court appointment.

To show his gravitas, Joe took a sip of iced coffee from a plastic cup with a green straw.

Joe said the Democrats would be able to increase the size of the Supreme Court in 2021.

Joe named various Presidents from the 18th & 19th century that changed the size of the Supreme Court.

Joe started shouting about Mitch McConnell.

Joe then started whispering to Democrats.

Kasie looked amused at Joe's theatrical performance.

Kasie said some Democrats want to return to norms & rules. They don't want to increase the SC size.

Mika had no comment on the Supreme Court nominating a fellow female Catholic who is also raising 7 children like herself.

I doubt ACB would appear at Mika's KYV seminars.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika had no comment on the Supreme Court nominating a fellow female Catholic who is also raising 7 children like herself.

Interesting that ACB doesn't merit a KYV shout out. Mika's criteria are pretty strict. It's a shame ACB doesn't measure up.😉

• LOL 4

Wednesday Recap.

The show started with a clip of President Obama saying that Trump was jealous of the media coverage that Covid was getting.

Mika liked the joke & repeated it. Joe also repeated the same joke. Joe needs a lint brush because there is a big white piece of cloth on his navy blue sweater.

Joe is mad at Trump for trashing the economy.

Joe believes the ACA will be gutted by the Supreme Court.

• Love 1

Joe discussed the early voting patterns in Florida. Democrats usually vote early & Republicans vote on the day of the election.

Joe said there has been so much early voting that the stronger than expected Republican turnout could drop because people have already voted.

Joe said it was foolish for Biden to spend time in Georgia. Claire disagreed with Joe & said she doesn't like prevent defense.

Joe & Claire did not mention that there are 2 Senate seats up for grabs in Georgia.

Joe said if Biden wins Pennsylvania, Wisconsin & Michigan, he will win the election.

• Love 1

Mika was upset that Trump left his supporters at the airport in Omaha after the rally. Seven people had to be taken to the hospital.

Joe started naming all the foods Trump ate on Air Force One. It's a shame that MSNBC took away Mika & Joe's access to the corporate jet when they moved to Florida.

• LOL 1

The show discussed the FBI's Comey letter to re open the investigation on Hillary Clinton. Joe was tapping his pen on the desk to get attention.

Joe sad that Comey should have written the letter in a more neutral tone saying it was a nothingburger.

Joe is mad at Comey for reopening the investigation. It cost Hillary the election.

Joe said it in real time !!!!

Michael Schmidt got a haircut! He said Comey's wife tried to stop the Comey letter.

Is Comey's wife supposed to have security clearance to discuss his files with the FBI ?

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said he doesn't trust polls. He said that any poll that shows Biden with a small lead means that Trump is ahead.

Joe spends most of his time talking about polls that he doesn't believe in.

basically all of MSNBC right now are like:

45ZP.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

The show discussed the FBI's Comey letter to re open the investigation on Hillary Clinton. Joe was tapping his pen on the desk to get attention.

This is all they've got 6 days away from the election? 4 year old news? OMG. Might as well air Bomba's workout.

• LOL 1