Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, neona said:

ETA: IS THIS GONNA LAST ALL WEEK? It's like coming home for your 5 o'clock cocktail and someone giving you fucking watered-down lemonade. Come back Nicolle!!!!

As long as the hearings go on.  Can you watch Peacock on the lap top? 

15 hours ago, xaxat said:
15 hours ago, Kemper said:

I will never disagree with a poster's opinions;

Joe and Mika are  consummate professionals who work tirelessly to elevate the political discourse of the country.

Challenge accepted!   

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Today was so much better without Joe.  I didn't watch much as I overslept but my GOD Willie, winner of an Edward R Murrow award, should host this show.  If they need a spicy co host, bring on Hallie Jackson.  She interviewed the Deputy Press Secretary last week, it got VERY heated, but instead of cry shrieking like Mika,  she just held his feet to the fire. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6

Why on earth would Joe, or anyone in the "news" biz take time off now? Isn't this what they live for and have been priming for since Jan. 2017? Why would TPTB even allow this? Mika Stumble Mouth is an embarrassment to news readers everywhere. She is so unsure of herself and appears to have such a superficial understanding of the topics presented. She needs to just take off when Joe does. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Why on earth would Joe, or anyone in the "news" biz take time off now? Isn't this what they live for and have been priming for since Jan. 2017? Why would TPTB even allow this? Mika Stumble Mouth is an embarrassment to news readers everywhere. She is so unsure of herself and appears to have such a superficial understanding of the topics presented. She needs to just take off when Joe does. 

Mika should get a new teleprompter for the breakfast nook. She has been having trouble reading it ever since they moved to Florida.

Mika & Joe don't appear to care about having guests from the Biden campaign or even discuss any policies he is proposing.

They are obsessed with President Trump's tweets & rallies.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

You don't actually think Joe cares about current events do you?  This show is a platform for Joe to show off.   Think about it. He has a 15 minute tirade every morning, about God knows what, then he starts talking to panelists, but the convo is basically, here's what I think, dare to disagree with me, I'll let you get 10 words out then I'll interrupt.  

I noticed yesterday when Michael Ian Black was on talking about his book, Joe disappeared. Because it was about teaching boys to address their feelings, and getting rid of toxic masculinity in our young men.  Of course Joe wouldn't want anyone to point out what a egotistical bully he is. 

• Love 7

The top story is that the presidential race is very tight.  Joe says that Biden is up by only one point in some states.  But Joe, you've been running polls every day for two months showing Biden up by 8 points.  WTF.   Joe doesn't know what he thinks.  

Jon Lemire says that the Biden campaign adheres to Covid guidelines, while Trump has big rallies that could spread Covid.

Joe revealed that he made a write in vote for Jeb Bush in 2016. 

Mika says that Trump loves to have big rallies. She said that Trump voters don't have the right facts, unlike Mika who has a research assistant and a producer to look up some facts for her.  Mika blames Facebook for the bad facts.  Has she called Zuckerberg yet?  Or maybe she could leave a message on his Facebook page.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Not gonna lie, Joe's unmasking trolling is cracking me up. Heh. 

ETA: Anand is here!! yay! Sporting a hot beard but mysteriously broadcasting from a Shanghai brothel. This is actually an interesting discussion

Edited by neona
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

The top story is that the presidential race is very tight.  Joe says that Biden is up by only one point in some states.  But Joe, you've been running polls every day for two months showing Biden up by 8 points.  WTF.   Joe doesn't know what he thinks.  

This is infuriating. Joe has been saying that Trump is doomed to not win re election since February 2017. You are right that the show consistently shows polls that have Trump losing to Biden in all the swing states & even losing traditional  red states like Georgia, North Carolina, & Texas.

Why did Joe change his talking points today? Are ratings falling?

Joe told Kasie that he was right about the 2016 election & predicted that Trump could win. However, on the day before the 2016 election he predicted that Hillary would get 330 or so electoral votes.

He can't have it both ways.

• Love 1

This is infuriating. Joe has been saying that Trump is doomed to not win re election since February 2017. You are right that the show consistently shows polls that have Trump losing to Biden in all the swing states & even losing traditional  red states like Georgia, North Carolina, & Texas.

Let us fume together. Joe is all, "in 2016 people were shocked, shocked, I tell 'ya, when I said Trump could win."  And we here were shocked, shocked I tell 'ya at how you and Mika helped Trump win by constantly highlighting him and his antics, all for free.  And now this guy comes on and tells us the massive amount of new Republican registrations and that all the polls are off more than you think. I hate all of this, I just hate it.  How can you pass out or enter a coma and wake up the day after the winner is claimed, all without harming your body?

I hope SNL does a skit with ACB and Maya Rudolph as KH, with Maya asking ACB ridiculous questions such as " Do you think the sky is blue?  Do you believe that the moon is made of cheese?  Ok then,  Do you agree that Trump is ______________?" (you guys fill in the blandk, I'm exhausted.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe told Kasie that he was right about the 2016 election & predicted that Trump could win. However, on the day before the 2016 election he predicted that Hillary would get 330 or so electoral votes.

He can't have it both ways.

Yeah this pissed me off. Joe & his little pet Kasie are setting the table for "I told you so, I said this all along" bullshit.  I'm not saying the polls couldn't be a little tighter than we think, but does it occur to either of these two that Republicans registering to vote are voting for Biden?  

He's starting to get scared that if Biden wins, his ratings will tank.  

Katy Tur did the same thing in 2016.  "I told you Trump could win".  Trump won by 80,000 votes. And we still don't know how those votes happened, seeing as how we started getting reports that vote tallies could have been tampered with by hackers. In 2017. 

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a55603/russia-hack-voting-totals/

Edited by teddysmom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

How can you pass out or enter a coma and wake up the day after the winner is claimed, all without harming your body?

Watch any tee-vee broadcast hosted by Chuck Todd. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I share everyone's frustration above and tbh my favorite segment today was Cori Bush.

It's always like blah blah blah polls, ranting, closeups of cat-hair on Joe's funeral sweater, blah, blah...and then Cori Bush comes on and it's like BAM! ENERGY! OPTIMISM!

Someone who's out there and making a difference, and her whole physical being is all MOVEMENT AND LIGHT and it fucking radiates through the screen.

I don't know if it's Covid-19 or whatever but that heady rush that these things MATTER and that people can make a difference (regardless of their opinions/political affiliations) is so so sorely missing on the tee-vee in this election season. I'm so damn grateful that it still at least exists at the grassroots level and that we still get glimpses of it, even on this show.

Edited by neona
  • Love 3

Joe said some of his friends are in a bubble & believe in Fox News conspiracies.

Joe is mad at reporters who wanted to visit areas of the country that voted for the Trump after the 2016 election.

Joe is mad that people still watch Fox News & read Facebook stories that blame Pelosi for putting people in cages.

Joe is mad at Twitter for censoring the NY Post article on Hunter Biden. Joe used a Southern accent to mock Trump supporters that believe Hunter Biden was involved in a scandal in Ukraine.

I think part of Joe's bonus is based on his ratings compared to Fox & Friends in the morning. He is very upset that people still watch Fox and other news networks.

Mika called Cori Bush an improbable candidate.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, neona said:

I share everyone's frustration above and tbh my favorite segment today was Cori Bush.

It's always like blah blah blah polls, ranting, closeups of cat-hair on Joe's funeral sweater, blah, blah...and then Cori Bush comes on and it's like BAM! ENERGY! OPTIMISM!

Someone who's out there and making a difference, and her whole physical being is all MOVEMENT AND LIGHT and it fucking radiates through the screen.

I don't know if it's Covid-19 or whatever but that heady rush that these things MATTER and that people can make a difference (regardless of their opinions/political affiliations) is so so sorely missing on the tee-vee in this election season. I'm so damn grateful that it still at least exists at the grassroots level and that we still get glimpses of it, even on this show.

I woke up to the opening and swore I was back in 2016 and switched it off for a 1/2  hour.  When Cori Bush came on I shed my disillusion and left the show  on.  Joe and Mika remind me of Chuck Todd and "What about her emails" Andrea M playing the both sides argument poorly at each attempt.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

I woke up to the opening and swore I was back in 2016 and switched it off for a 1/2  hour.  When Cori Bush came on I shed my disillusion and left the show  on.  Joe and Mika remind me of Chuck Todd and "What about her emails" Andrea M playing the both sides argument poorly at each attempt.

I don't know. I guess I'm trying to pinpoint something that goes beyond all that? 2016 was like an Alternate Universe. Journalists on MSNBC etc  thought they lived in a normal world where they had to highlight certain stuff to insulate them from accusations of bias from the other side - and now their previous efforts to appear unbiased is being interpreted the other way around. In hindsight their complacency seems nuts, but at the time it was normal, because the WORLD was normal. 

There's a lot of blame and introspection and self-flagellation to go around but tbh right now i'm just interested in, and only judge people by,  THE FUTURE. I just want all these old media people to get their fucking act together and forget about the past and give us some fucking hope and inspiration, a reason to stay alive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe used a Southern accent to mock Trump supporters that believe Hunter Biden was involved in a scandal in Ukraine.

Difficult to understand why he suggested southerners were naive bumpkins, but it really stuck out.  Maybe he'd had enough of Senator Kennedy's laundry questions and was imitating Kennedy's drawl

One may have thought that it was an attack on his very "country lawyer" schtick.

Dick Durban had a good setup that ended with "it's not my first lie".

• Love 2

Joe gives economic updates from reading the WSJ app on his cellphone about layoff at various companies. It's not professional.

The show used to do a simulcast with CNBC & have Erin Burnett or Mark Haines provide economic commentary. It was much better.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, neona said:

I just want all these old media people to get their fucking act together and forget about the past and give us some fucking hope and inspiration, a reason to stay alive.

The only way to get them to get their act together is hold their feet to the fire.  The press in theory is good, it's people who would rather write an easy story, let the subject write it for them, because chasing down the truth, handling sources, etc. is hard work. 

If it bleeds it leads.  Click bait is king. 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Difficult to understand why he suggested southerners were naive bumpkins, but it really stuck out.  Maybe he'd had enough of Senator Kennedy's laundry questions and was imitating Kennedy's drawl.

It is difficult to understand.  I find it offensive when Joe does this.  He never imitates Trump supporters in Maryland or Pennsylvania. 

I guess he's going for a cheap laugh, but it's an odd choice for someone who was born and raised in Southern states.  I feel like there is some weird apologist or self loathing element to it, like he's kissing up to the cocktail set in DC.  Notice that he doesn't do it when Meacham is on the show.  Then he has to pull some genteel Southerner act.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Difficult to understand why he suggested southerners were naive bumpkins, but it really stuck out.  Maybe he'd had enough of Senator Kennedy's laundry questions and was imitating Kennedy's drawl

Or  "good ol' days of segregation". 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

I find it offensive when Joe does this.  He never imitates Trump supporters in Maryland or Pennsylvania.  I guess he's going for a cheap laugh, but it's an odd choice for someone who was born and raised in Southern states.  I feel like there is some weird apologist or self loathing element to it.  

Never underestimate Joe's belief that he is the funniest guy who ever walked the Earth. 

And there is enough self loathing in that marriage for 20 people. 

Joe was never taken seriously til he hooked up with Mika, and she introduced him to the DC cocktail/Ben & Sally Bradlee party circuit.  Even three years in Congress didn't help. 

Mika couldn't get a job as anything but a 3 am news break reader til... well we all know the rest of that story. She always blames sexism or whatever, but I seem to recall Andrea Mitchell holding down a job for 40 plus years, as well as Judy Woodruff, Barbara Walters, etc. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

It is difficult to understand.  I find it offensive when Joe does this.  He never imitates Trump supporters in Maryland or Pennsylvania. 

I guess he's going for a cheap laugh, but it's an odd choice for someone who was born and raised in Southern states.  I feel like there is some weird apologist or self loathing element to it, like he's kissing up to the cocktail set in DC.  Notice that he doesn't do it when Meacham is on the show.  Then he has to pull some genteel Southerner act.

Joe also likes to brag about his southern roots when he is talking to Eddie Glaude who grew up in Mississippi & Al Sharpton who is from South Carolina.

• Love 2

I am so disgusted with NBC, MSNBC and CNBC for enabling Trump to air his town hall directly opposite Biden's town hall that was scheduled a week ago due to Trump's cancellation of the virtual debate.  NBC political director Chuck Todd is facing strong criticism for this move.  I read that last night NBC officials contacted ABC requesting that ABC change their program time!!  Needless to say, ABC refused to change thei Biden town hall.  To top it off, Trump is now claiming that he is being "set up" by NBC and will be treated unfairly by Savannah Guthrie.  He always plays the victim.  Why isn't he doing a town hall on FOX??

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Did Joe talk about NBC's decision to air a Trump town hall opposite Biden's?

No. It was barely mentioned.

It would be fun if they allowed Mika & Joe to be guests at the Town Hall tonight. Miami isn't that far from Jupiter Florida.

Joe's questions to President Trump would take up half the Town Hall.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

No. It was barely mentioned.

Anand mentioned it, from the Shanghai brothel...he explicitly said he opposed it,  albeit with qualifications. I'm at the point where I find that sort of honesty fucking refreshing. Like the audience is smart, we already know what's happening, so why not address this shit head on?

Edited by neona
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, neona said:

Anand mentioned it, from the Shanghai brothel...he explicitly said he opposed it,  albeit with qualifications. I'm at the point where I find that sort of honesty fucking refreshing. Like the audience is smart, we already know what's happening, so why not address this shit head on?

I am pleasantly surprised that Joe still allows Anand to appear on the show. Joe rarely allows anyone who disagrees with him to appear on the show.

Joe did not address the controversy over the NBC town hall.

• Love 1

Friday Recap.

Joe is wearing a navy blue sweater. Mika is wearing a black v neck sweater.

Mika said she was triggered by the competing town halls & watched it on an Ipad.

Joe bragged about watching baseball & not being an NBC Company man.

Mika said she was freaked out about NBC allowing the town hall.

Joe said that NBC gave him the rope to hang himself.

Mika was upset about Trump talking about Qanon.

Mika was proud of Savannah Guthrie.

Willie said he respected people that were upset with NBC.

• Love 2

Joe claims that he has only eaten a meal with Trump once. Trump used many wipes to wash his hands before the meal was served.

Joe is mocking Trump for not knowing about satanic pedophiles running the federal government.

Trump is opposed to antifa.

Savannah said Trump knew about Qanon. Trump yelled back at her.

Joe said that Trump didn't know who David Duke was in 2016.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Heilemann complained about Ben Saase and other Republican Senators that complain about Trump in private but won't repudiate him publically.

Joe liked and respected Ben Sasse. Joe wanted Sasse to be honest about Trump for 4 years.

Kasie said Sasse survived a GOP primary so he can be honest about his feelings for Trump now.

Heilemann said there is a big surge in early voting. 20 million votes.

• Love 3

Joe said he ate a Popeye 's spicy chicken sandwich yesterday while on the phone. Mika got mad & said that Joe ate a chicken wrap with egg whites. 

Joe was mad at celebrities who made millions from being on NBC tv shows but criticized the network. He might has been referring to Debra Messing.

• Love 3

Joe, Willie, Lemire & Barnicle had a long discussion about baseball & going to Tropicana Field in the 1950s. Jackie Gleason & James Earl Jones were in the bleachers.

Mika got very agitated at all the baseball talk.

She then decided to promote her KYV brand & interview with women executives that are thriving during the pandemic.

• LOL 2

OMFG Eddie Glaude losing his temper is the most epic thing I've ever seen!! This discussion is freakin awesome. Are they gonna have a fist fight in the Princeton parking lot later?

• Love 5

Rod Dreher is a new guest. He needs to use hair gel. Rob is a fan of the hated LSU Tigers which makes baby Jesus cry.

Joe reappeared for this interview.

Joe said 20% of Rod's books on Christian Dissidents are wrong.

Rod is opposed to cancel culture & said immigrants are worried about the USA becoming a soft totalatarian regime.

He is opposed to the leftist elites controlling universities & the media.

David french said there are problems with the illberal left & illliberal right.

• Love 3

Dreher said Princeton University was mean to a professor Joshua Katz. Katz called students terrorists.

Eddie got called a lefty totalitarian.

Joe & Mika said that escalated!

Eddie said that Princeton doe allow conservatives to teach at the university.

Eddie said he doesn't want charity from the white man.

I thought they would start throwing books at each other.

• LOL 3

Dreher said Eddie doesn't accept that he & his cronies are running Princeton.

Dreher told Joe that if he went to LSU, he would sell more books.

In Krakow, a garden square has been named after Dr Z !.

Mika & Joe should do a town hall show from Krakow.

Joe said there is a speaker in the park that says you are stunningly superficial.

• LOL 4
55 minutes ago, neona said:

OMFG Eddie Glaude losing his temper is the most epic thing I've ever seen!! This discussion is freakin awesome. Are they gonna have a fist fight in the Princeton parking lot later?

WTF just happened?  I don't know who that conservative Christian author was, but he is probably regretting walking into that buzz saw. White conservative Christians whining about how hard things are for them.  Cry me a river.  

I hate to say this, but Joe and I agree re the Trump town hall. I kept telling people who were lighting their hair on fire, just watch and wait. I'll bet dollars to donuts Cesar knows exactly what he is doing.  

Savannah Guthrie deserves a medal for what she went thru last night. She was the best moderator they've had at any of these events.  And IMO we get more out of them in a town hall, where each person speaks without being interrupted or yelled at. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Lemire said that the Biden Town Hall was more boring because he talked about corporate tax rates.

Gosh Jonathan sorry we bored you with information.

Joe was mad at celebrities who made millions from being on NBC tv shows but criticized the network. He might has been referring to Debra Messing

The entire cast of This is Us were going to boycott the town hall. When I saw Trump trashing NBC and Savannah that made me want to watch it.  For a couple minutes. 

• Love 4

immigrants are worried about the USA becoming a soft totalatarian regime.

This is not because college kids don't think Jerry Seinfeld is funny. 

He doesn't recommend having large family Thanksgiving dinners.

I have never recommended large family T giving dinners.  I recommend staying home eating what you want, doing what you want. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Kasie said Sasse survived a GOP primary so he can be honest about his feelings for Trump now.

Sasse has started his 2024 presidential campaign. That's why he's speaking out now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8