Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

I didn't see the Paul Ryan segment. Anyone mind to fill me in on how they took his "spend more time with his family" line since that was the same line Joe used when he left Congress? 

Did you know Joe was in Congress? Florida. He was groundbreaking in his need to control the bodies of women. Probably the best A+ rating the NRA ever gave. A true conservative, that one.

ETA: Mika's crush is on Nicolle Wallace's show right now. I wonder if he is banned from Morning Joe or if he refuses to go back because of Joe. I sorta need to know which one it is. Lol

Xoqueens, the very first clip I believe is the Ryan discussion:

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe

24 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I. Can't. Wait. To. Hear. Mika. Discuss. The. Latest. Leak. (heheh) About. The. Pee. Tape. Tomorrow!

Not to mention the alleged "addition to the family" . . . barf.

eta:  And listening to the clips from Comey's book I would imagine this will take front and center as it combines the dish from Fire and Fury but written by an adult (I love Michael Wolff but an historian he is not).

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, millennium said:

Whatever's happening, the show is in a deep rut.   It's rare that they even have timely guests.   Madeline Albright?  

Madeleine was a friend of Dr Z. She has friend of the show status. I am mad that there are no segments on the workplace or business. They used to had a very nice journalist from Fortune or Forbes magazine on regularly. Now it's just cronies. I like Robert Costa. I can FF through the show pretty quickly now. Joe is becoming like Andy Rooney from 60 Minutes. He has a 5 minute rant from his bunker. Rooney used to rant from his office filled with books.

11 hours ago, suomi said:

(This thread is nearing 15,000 posts. The current count is 14,854) 

There are more posts these days than during the show's  creative peak ( 2008-2013)

• Love 1
10 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Yes and I can go years watching a show purely to snark about it here. If Previously ever shuts down, you know MJ's demographic's going to go down.....by the 15 of us here!!!

I am still annoyed that I can't access many of my posts on TWOP from 2008-2013.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, suomi said:

Good grief and to be honest I only made it through half of the clip but what an asshole.  Geez Mika talk about Know Your Value.  A hot cup of MJ coffee to the crotch would have been more than appropriate.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Landsnark said:

After Joe's prolonged rant about Trump having "Daddy's billions," I think he asked the first question of Leon Panetta, and then was he ever on the show again?  Joe used the word "Daddy" about 20 times.  Trump doesn't watch MJ, Joe.  He watches Fox. 
What did Hannity do?  I guess I missed that.

I found Joe's rant about Trump inheriting hundreds of millions from his dad to be wrong. How come Joe never ranted at Trump when he was a daily guest on Morning Joe? Joe likes to take cheap shots at guests when they can't defend themselves. I doubt Mika's new crush Mr .Avenatti will be on the show ever again.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

Good grief and to be honest I only made it through half of the clip but what an asshole.  Geez Mika talk about Know Your Value.  A hot cup of MJ coffee to the crotch would have been more than appropriate.

I forgot how uncomfortable him raging at her like that made me in real time.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, oakville said:

What happened? Yikes!

The pee tape has made a comeback (per Comey exerpt) plus apparently there may be more Trumpettes than we realize.  Those ill-written NDA's are rapidly becoming a problem and now Cohen is starting to take the fifth.  With Mueller apparently moving on without actually interviewing his highness, that leads me to believe he has enough on him and his merry band of grifters and Cohen has seen the writing on the wall.  Everyone wanted this investigation wrapped up quickly and it looks like maybe Mr. Mueller may be obliging.  What a sad day for our democracy that we elected this filth in the first place.

14 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Seriously, it was tough to watch that clip.  Knowing he was embarrassing her on national television.  Prick.

Edited by Chloesmom
Added Comey exerpt
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, oakville said:

I like Robert Costa.

He is one of my favorite guests on this or any of the MSNBC shows. He's knowledgeable but he's also almost . . . dispassionate? I'm not sure that's the right word. He seems to try hard to keep his emotions in check, no matter how wacky the story.

One bit of trivia about him . . . he and Hallie Jackson went to the same high school, at around the same time, I think.

I still want to know how he lost so much weight.

• Love 5

Mika & Joe made the list ! No mention of Joe being able to host from a bunker. The report is optimistic about the show's ratings. Fox News already had a lead on Morning Joe. Ratings for all 3 cable tv morning shows are up 30% + or so.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/35-powerful-nyc-media-figures-2018-hosts-anchors-more-1100942/item/joe-scarborough-mika-brzezinksi-35-powerful-people-media-2018-1100936

13 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

The pee tape has made a comeback plus apparently there may be more Trumpettes than we realize.  Those ill-written NDA's are rapidly becoming a problem and now Cohen is starting to take the fifth.  With Mueller apparently moving on without actually interviewing his highness, that leads me to believe he has enough on him and his merry band of grifters and Cohen has seen the writing on the wall.  Everyone wanted this investigation wrapped up quickly and it looks like maybe Mr. Mueller may be obliging.  What a sad day for our democracy that we elected this filth in the first place.

Seriously, it was tough to watch that clip.  Knowing he was embarrassing her on national television.  Prick.

Trump has more children? Wow! He's like Fmr Gov Arnold in California.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, oakville said:

What happened? Yikes!

MSNBC (and others) got Comey's upcoming book. Trump asked Comey to investigate the pee tape to "reassure Melania" it was untrue... Lol. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, XOQueens said:

4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I think we were watching an  interpretation of foreplay. That clip is from almost exactly one year ago. Didn't she rip her earpiece out at the end and fling it on the desk? IIRC we didn't see her for awhile after that morning, just him. Then they went to Cap d' Antibes for her bday and came home officially engaged.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, suomi said:

I think we were watching an  interpretation of foreplay. That clip is from almost exactly one year ago. Didn't she rip her earpiece out at the end and fling it on the desk? IIRC we didn't see her for awhile after that morning, just him. Then they went to Cap d' Antibes for her bday and came home officially engaged.

Yes Suomi, you are correct.  That is exactly the clip.  Thank you for jogging my memory.  Again, I can't believe she said yes after watching that.

• Love 1

They're both on set today.

So I'm thinking the producer called Mika late last night and told her, "Don't worry, he's broadcasting from the bunker tomorrow.  See you in the studio!"

Then called Scarborough: "Don't worry, she has the day off tomorrow.  See you in the studio!"

• Love 9

Friday Recap. Mika & Joe on set together. Donny, Katty Jonathan Lemire & Carol Lee.Mika is wearing her dark blue top with the V neck. She wears this top a lot. Joe has a tie from Griffindor. Willie is there too.

First topic is Trump.

Mika & Joe & other panelists played the game of is Trump too stupid to have an interview with Mueller.? Theskit went on for five minutes. They made fun of Trump going to Wharton & not Princeton. They have done this before. Do they need new writers? Iis this still a live news show or doe Mika & Joe get transcripts of old shows & try to replay the "funniest bits"

Joe is talking about Rachel Maddow beating Hannity in the ratings. That's not true but whatever. It's a good talking point.

Joe & Mika are joking around today. Katty's book sales are doing well. Willie bought Katty's book! Didn't he get a free book?

Someone should bring up Joe's book sales! Ha!. They are very low. Mika's book sold much better than Joe.

Comey wrote  a book. Comey's doesn't like Trump.

• Love 3

I liked Joe's rant this morning but I would love to see Joe invite Newt on and have a head to head debate.  I would cheer Joe on.

One thing though, I did find it a bit awkward that Joe's got a table of four other people sitting around him while his doing this and I'm wondering, is that idiot Donny giggling?  Because that's what Donny did at the beginning of the show when Joe asked him a "serious" question for insight into trump.

Is this part of the show?  The crawl this morning says trump will pardon Scooter Libby who was convicted in 2007 of lying to the FBI and obstruction.  Figures.   

• Love 1

Ok, maybe they need to re-calibrate Joe's new meds as now he's equating Newt Gringrich/RNC/Trump and their impending implosion to a scene from I believe The Lion King?  Hooo boy, slow down there big fella!

• Love 1

Morning Joe's ratings went up on Wednesday. They were .14 ( 18-49) & 1, 124,000 total viewers They were at 924K on April 9. It's a big variance.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-wednesday-cable-originals-network-finals-4-11-2018.html

Mika thanked Anthony Weiner& Bill Clinton for helping electing Donald Trump.

Mika is trying to sell the book as a bombshell. Donny Deutsch disagrees. They haven't discussed Comey mentioning Trump's small hands. Oh, Katty just did.

• Love 1

Did Joe just rant that the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Good god, that was a blustery rant.  Economy of words, Joe.  Try it.  Be succinct like Steve Schmidt.  It's better rhetoric and easier to follow.
Did he just say that Ted Kennedy called US Troops "brownshirts?" 

Those rants are absurd.  He's never going to goad Hannity to reply or Trump to act or me to change my mind, let alone agree with him.  He's so all over the place I never know his thesis anyway.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

Did Joe just rant that the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Good god, that was a blustery rant.  Economy of words, Joe.  Try it.  Be succinct like Steve Schmidt.  It's better rhetoric and easier to follow.
Did he just say that Ted Kennedy called US Troops "brownshirts?" 

Those rants are absurd.  He's never going to goad Hannity to reply or Trump to act or me to change my mind, let alone agree with him.  He's so all over the place I never know his thesis anyway.

Was that in the middle of his Gingrich rant as I believe Newt may have said things along these lines?  He's really on a roll today, a complete 180 from the past couple of weeks.  It's like his jaw had been wired shut and now he can't stop talking.

• Love 2

Joe is listing all the medals that Mueller won in Vietnam. Hey Joe, how many medals did you win for attending a1 hour meeting at the National Guard while in law school. The Guard asked him to serve one weekend a month & Joe said he was too busy.

Joe is very hyper today.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Lemire said people on the political left & right called Comey a grandstander. His personal comments about Trump are not helpful.

I like Jonathan a lot and am always glad to see him on the show and I completely agree about the personal comments not being helpful.  Comey must really hate Trump that he had to get that petty.

Just now, oakville said:

The Guard asked him to serve one weekend a month & Joe said he was too busy.

Yikes Oakville, where did you see that?  That's just perfect as now he's mocking people that took deferments and he couldn't spend an hour in a meeting . . . 

• Love 3

Joe is mad at Gingrich for getting deferments.

It's a scripted rant by Joe. You tell them Joe!!

Joe attacked the ethics of Gingrich cheating on his wife. Luckily , Joe made sure his ex wife sign a NDA!. LOL!.

• Love 5

Gee that sweet, cuddly, befuddled Michael Cohen is such a great family man blah blah blah.  I guess they forget all the horrible threats he has made to people throughout the decades that have been well documented.  It's amazing who these people cuddle up to.

• Love 7

I still want to know how he lost so much weight. (Costa)

Perhaps he's on the Trump Steak and Trump Water Diet?

Joe's "Have You Served?" rant this AM made me uneasy. Like if you don't enlist/allow yourself to be drafted in your 20s, then you have to keep your mouth shut for the next 60 years.

• Love 3

I liked Scarborough's blowhardiness this morning.   Everything he said was spot on regarding the cretins at Fox.   It goes back to the question I posed yesterday -- what is it about Trump that causes all these people to debase and dishonor themselves for his benefit? (Not that Hannity and Gingrich had any honor in the first place.)

ETA: I think I just figured out the answer: by flattering and cajoling Trump, who frequently acts upon their twisted opinions, the Fox lunatics get to influence national policy even though no one ever cast a single vote for them. 

Carol Lee looked cute this morning.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, stormy said:

I liked Joe's rant this morning but I would love to see Joe invite Newt on and have a head to head debate.  I would cheer Joe on.

One thing though, I did find it a bit awkward that Joe's got a table of four other people sitting around him while his doing this and I'm wondering, is that idiot Donny giggling?  Because that's what Donny did at the beginning of the show when Joe asked him a "serious" question for insight into trump.

Is this part of the show?  The crawl this morning says trump will pardon Scooter Libby who was convicted in 2007 of lying to the FBI and obstruction.  Figures.   

Joe hasn’t had a fair debate with any guest in a long time. He likes sycophants . He talks over most guests.

15 minutes ago, millennium said:

I liked Scarborough's blowhardiness this morning.   Everything he said was spot on regarding the cretins at Fox.   It goes back to the question I posed yesterday -- what is it about Trump that causes all these people to debase and dishonor themselves for his benefit? (Not that Hannity and Gingrich had any honor in the first place.)

ETA: I think I just figured out the answer: by flattering and cajoling Trump, who frequently acts upon their twisted opinions, the Fox lunatics get to influence national policy even though no one ever cast a single vote for them. 

Carol Lee looked cute this morning.

Joe had a chance to influence Trump during the transition. He blew it by attacking Miller. There has to be a better way to get through to Trump. He is acting in a way that is unhealthy. Trump just called Comey a slime ball

24 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Perhaps he's on the Trump Steak and Trump Water Diet?

Joe's "Have You Served?" rant this AM made me uneasy. Like if you don't enlist/allow yourself to be drafted in your 20s, then you have to keep your mouth shut for the next 60 years.

Joe should not lecture anyone on military service. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

I like Jonathan a lot and am always glad to see him on the show and I completely agree about the personal comments not being helpful.  Comey must really hate Trump that he had to get that petty.

Yikes Oakville, where did you see that?  That's just perfect as now he's mocking people that took deferments and he couldn't spend an hour in a meeting . . . 

Joe said it on the show. I recapped it. 

• Love 1

Wow, Valerie Plame.  Good for the show for getting her -- she must have learned about the pardon the same time as the rest of us last night, so not much notice to get camera-ready.  

Willie Geist talking about Bill Murray's 800 number was quick but fascinating-- I had no idea! 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

I still want to know how he lost so much weight. (Costa)

Me too.  (And I am soooooo jealous!).   But I do hope it was intentional and not due to illness. 

I absolutely loved Joe going off the rails today regarding tRump and his delusional loyalists attacking decorated military veterans.  It was a thing of beauty - and I'll probably never have cause to use that description regarding Ol' Beady Eyes ever again. 

• Love 6

Did Joe bring up the attacks on John Kerry's service and medals?  Was he "in Congress" during that horrible time?  I can't remember and am too lazy to look up dates of Joe's heroic time in Congress along with the Bush/Kerry campaign.  Joe has selective memory when he rants.

• Love 2

I would have had a lot more respect for Comey's integrity if he had waited until after Mueller's report before releasing his book. He seems to be jumping on this timetable for maximum sales ( I know, duh) but I'm concerned that this just proves what Trump was saying about Comey being a grand stander and puts him in the Michael Wolf category where the whole book will seem tainted.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika thanked Anthony Weiner& Bill Clinton for helping electing Donald Trump.

Oh hell no. 

Mika just posted a video of her car service ride home, doing some KYV body language thing, Joe is asleep in the worlds most uncomfortable sleeping position. Maybe she read novhappy's timeline and needed to set the record straight. Lol

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Did Joe bring up the attacks on John Kerry's service and medals?  Was he "in Congress" during that horrible time?  I can't remember and am too lazy to look up dates of Joe's heroic time in Congress along with the Bush/Kerry campaign.  Joe has selective memory when he rants.

Joe resigned from Congress on Sept 5 2001

• Love 1