Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe is so predictable. "But Obama did it too-oooooo!"

From what I understand, the states that have similar legislation in place ALSO have strong anti-discrimination laws already on the books that serve as protection against the most hateful aspects of these laws.

Most of the "blue" states that have comparable laws also have laws that make sexual orientation a protected class, you know, along with gender, race... and um?  Farking RELIGION.

I'm so glad I missed the show this morning.  Also of note, as much as I was horrified by Russert's involvement with selling the invasion of Iraq, participation in the outing of Plame et al, the last time MTP was worth watching was when Russert was alive.  NBC should have hired Ifil as the the replacement then, and have made a series of errors ever since, they should still hire Ifil if she'd take it.  As it stands now, it's merely an imitation of cable news talking heads shouting matches, which is why the ratings are in the tank.

• Love 3

From my understanding the law is different than the other existing laws because Indiana doesn't count sexuality as a protected class like Race, Gender and Religion. 

And Indiana has provided private businesses the right to have religious beliefs.  The other states assign this to only private citizens and governmental bodies.

You mix the two outlying identifiers of this law, and you have the perfect brew for legal dicrimination against gays and gay marriages/weddings... which is NOT the case in all other states save two: South Carolina and Texas.

On Chris Matthews' show tonight, he had on some wing nut Baptist PR flak who was hyperventilating about government overreach suppressing everyone's right to be fully religious.  And he used this as an example, "We are trying to defend the Jewish singer who would be forced to sing Ave Maria."  Just pure, unadulterated, straight-faced horse shit.  I swear Chris Matthews did a through-the-4th-wall take at the camera with this face: O_o   Then called the minister or whatever asinine.

• Love 5

Most of the "blue" states that have comparable laws also have laws that make sexual orientation a protected class, you know, along with gender, race... and um?  Farking RELIGION.

I'm so glad I missed the show this morning.  Also of note, as much as I was horrified by Russert's involvement with selling the invasion of Iraq, participation in the outing of Plame et al, the last time MTP was worth watching was when Russert was alive.  NBC should have hired Ifil as the the replacement then, and have made a series of errors ever since, they should still hire Ifil if she'd take it.  As it stands now, it's merely an imitation of cable news talking heads shouting matches, which is why the ratings are in the tank.

This is probably off-topic but I've had an ax to grind with Todd ever since he wrote that book kind of depicting Obama as some sort of alien. Russert wouldn't have done that. How can you be perceived as fair and objective when you title a book about the president you're covering "The Stranger"?

• Love 2

On Chris Matthews' show tonight, he had on some wing nut Baptist PR flak who was hyperventilating about government overreach suppressing everyone's right to be fully religious.  And he used this as an example, "We are trying to defend the Jewish singer who would be forced to sing Ave Maria."  Just pure, unadulterated, straight-faced horse shit.  I swear Chris Matthews did a through-the-4th-wall take at the camera with this face: O_o   Then called the minister or whatever asinine.

Government overreach is their current talking point, I mean it's always a talking point when referring to federal regulations - but it's the hot off the presses from Ailes term because it's what they are all barking when talking about this topic in particular.

On topic, there goes Cackles, referring to the Clinton law (another talking point) and using "I'm not a lawyer... but,"  I'm not a fill in the blank is sure getting handy. Some people must be saying it's a good way to avoid the truth.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 3

Cackles & Joe got into a screaming match over Jeb Bush. Joe said the GOP is full of sheep for supporting Jeb. Cackles said Jeb's message could win a general election. Joe spoke positively of Christie.

Joe made sheep noises at Cackles. Joe said he loves Jeb. Cackles wants to wear a sheep costume for a year if Jeb wins. Now Cackles made sheep noises at Joe.

Mika was squealing .

I enjoy sophisticated political discussion at 6:30 am. with highly paid pundits making animal noises.

Joe is mad that all the big money goes to the establishment candidates.

Mika is trying to sell more tickets for her Values summit. It's not sold out yet.

• Love 6

I absolutely love the governor from Connecticut!  He completely ripped apart the whole "Connecticut and other states have this law too" argument by pointing out that they also have laws that ban discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, something the Indiana law does not do.  He stood his ground against Joe and said people need to stop repeating the false right-wing talking points.  He was very clear with his arguments and didn't back down.  We need more politicians on the show like him!

I still haven't heard one compelling reason why we need this law when the Constitution clearly provides freedom of religion to everyone.  Have armed guards started blocking church entrances, have Christmas and Easter been cancelled, do religious organizations suddenly have to pay taxes?  As Mika would say, I just don't get it.

• Love 6

I absolutely love the governor from Connecticut!  He completely ripped apart the whole "Connecticut and other states have this law too" argument by pointing out that they also have laws that ban discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, something the Indiana law does not do.  He stood his ground against Joe and said people need to stop repeating the false right-wing talking points.  He was very clear with his arguments and didn't back down.  We need more politicians on the show like him!

I still haven't heard one compelling reason why we need this law when the Constitution clearly provides freedom of religion to everyone.  Have armed guards started blocking church entrances, have Christmas and Easter been cancelled, do religious organizations suddenly have to pay taxes?  As Mika would say, I just don't get it.

I suffered through the majority of the show today waiting for the Malloy interview and ended up missing it.

Here is what is SO infuriating. Joe and Cackles CLEARLY understand the difference between the Indiana law and similar laws in other states. It's been well explained in numerous media outlets, including on THEIR VERY OWN NETWORK. So this false equivalence they are promoting is just utterly phony and disingenuous. I guess I shouldn't expect otherwise from them, but, honestly - there are other people around that table and on the panel who DO understand. Gene Robinson? Willie? Why is no one stepping in to clarify?

• Love 3

Gene Robinson? Willie? Why is no one stepping in to clarify?

Geist is a complete and total Scarborough sycophant and why not (I put Mika in this category as well)?  It's brought him huge success.  And he fed right into the bullshit when Wilco was brought up - saying if they are cancelling their IN appearance they damn well better check the laws in every state before they follow through with an appearance.

I really can't explain why Robinson didn't clarify although I think sometimes he doesn't argue about things out of pragmatism.  It allows him to appear on MJ to assert his opinions on topics more personally important to him.

• Love 1
(edited)

Joe tried the b-b-b-b-but the Washington Post also was on my side. Wah. The Gov called all of them out for using Republican talking points. It was beautiful.

And, just like that, Joe does a complete 180. Without even acknowledging his gross misrepresentation of the laws earlier this week, he's now talking about the differences between all the various state and federal statutes like he's been right all along. He even had the audacity to point out that Willie had brought up (albeit timidly) the fact that, unlike other states, Indiana's law applied to private businesses - as if that were "evidence" that the MJ crew had been in the forefront of denouncing the law.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 1
(edited)

And, just like that, Joe does a complete 180. Without even acknowledging his gross misrepresentation of the laws earlier this week, he's now talking about the differences between all the various state and federal statutes like he's been right all along. He even had the audacity to point out that Willie had brought up (albeit timidly) the fact that, unlike other states, Indiana's law applied to private businesses - as if that were "evidence" that the MJ crew had been in the forefront of denouncing the law.

Hilarious.  Joe did his pirouette because just now Indiana has done a total reversal on its pro-discrimination bill, making any corporate/business/commercial discrimination based on sexual orientation explicitly illegal.  Joe didn't want to be documented as a troglodyte on the wrong side of history.   He's such an asshole.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 5
(edited)

I watched Morning Joe the other day, for the first time in probably months, and I was kind of weirded out.  Mika looked orange as usual, but Joe looked...completely red.  Is there something wrong with my TV? or their makeup artists?  I was happy to see Elizabeth Warren on, that was a random surprise.

Seriously though, is Mika going to try to worm "know your value" into every conversation with every woman?  Warren doesn't need that crap, and I don't know about the Popyes lady but when Mika was pestering her, "OH, so who WERE these leaders?!" I wanted the Popeyes lady to tell her cheerfully, "They were all men!"  I think it's going to be a very long year on Morning Joe.

Edited by jenkait
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm a big fan of Elizabeth Warren, that she'd attach herself to Mika's ME ME ME tour is distasteful to me and actually makes me think less of her, tbh.  I'm sure her motivation is to get more women off their arses and become involved, but it's just so gross.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

Haha Nextlteration, I have to admit I got SO EXCITED when they said Elizabeth Warren would be at a KYV conference April 10th, because I'll be in Washington D.C then!  Sadly that one is in Philadelphia.  I'd swallow my pride and fork over the $$ for the chance to see Elizabeth Warren!  I do get your point, Warren doesn't need to harp on "know your value", she clearly already does and she's leading by example.  Maybe it's a tit-for-tat thing people do in politics/the media?  I don't know.  I adore her, so maybe I'm making excuses?  

I looked at the guest list and it is pretty discouraging.  Mostly Morning Joe guests!  Including...DONNY DEUTSCH and JOE?!  No issue with the idea of men being there, I'm sure lots would have something to contribue...but  those two are about the last people I would want to see at a "know your value" conference for women, yikes!

• Love 1

Why Why Why??? Amy Holmes, really?  They think she will help this sinking ship?  Arghh, she did Way too Early this morning as well - are they seriously considering her?  What is Lack thinking?  I certainly do not need a Glenn Beck mouthpiece with my cereal in the morning.

• Love 2

The fact that Morning Joe wasted 10 minutes talking about Chris Christie as a viable candidate is proof positive they are clueless or trolling. They laughed at Cokie for saying he has no chance. I suggest they read the NJ newspapers online. The comments on the articles are overwhelmingly against CC and this was not always the case.

Why is Joe telling everyone Chris Christie is a viable candidate? I thought he said he was too nasty to run for President with his outbursts at voters.

Why is Harold Ford still on the show. He was calling Christie a formidable candidate.

Joe is mad at the NY times for covering Bridgegate in NH.

Mika said that Hillary is copying Warren's message on Wall Street.

Blah, Harold Ford has been let out of his cave.  We want Dorian, we want Dorian!

@oakville, while I appreciate the Mediaite write up and it's mostly spot on, seeing infamously snide on the down-low Hillary hater, Mika, take down smug Fiorina is about the only reason that I hang around this show anymore.  Fiorina is detestable on the best day - which is the bottom line reason that she was thrown off the McCain campaign - when she showed her true colors.

I agree that Fiorina doesn't have much credibility on running a successful business.

I do agree with Mika that Hillary seems to be parroting Elizabeth Warren's talking points without saying much substantive. I thought Hillary was very pro Wall Street when she was a Senator.

I would like to see Hillary propose an end to special tax treatment for hedge fund managers & others.such as carried interest etc.

The tax code is really messed up. Hillary could propose a fairer tax system.

Joe's recent change of heart over Christie is weird. What's Joe up to? A few months ago, Joe complained that Christie dissed him & Mika @ a cocktail party. Joe said Christie was thin skinned & didn't have the temperament to be President.

Joe said the Romneys were friendly with him & Mika even when he criticized them on the air so he was baffled at Christie's behavior.

I remember watching the show in 2010 & Mika was desperately trying to get Christie to run in a race with her  in DC. Christie was the the popular new governor at the time.

Mika & Joe were BFF"s of Christie in 2011 when they tried to get him to run for President.

Mika had his private cell #. They are no longer BFF's

I do agree with Mika that Hillary seems to be parroting Elizabeth Warren's talking points without saying much substantive. I thought Hillary was very pro Wall Street when she was a Senator.

I would like to see Hillary propose an end to special tax treatment for hedge fund managers & others.such as carried interest etc.

The tax code is really messed up. Hillary could propose a fairer tax system.

First of all, lord help me I do not want to be the defender of all things Hillary, now that I have that out of the way...

Isn't Hillary getting pushed to the left and embracing Elizabeth Warren's message and policy positions exactly what the liberal wing of the Democratic Party wants?  She only announced five days ago, and it's clear that she's embracing a more populist message, I am a bit confused about the media's expectations, no I'm not really - they are building a stupid narrative, just like they always do.

As to being pro-Wall Street as a senator from New York where Wall Street is located, does this surprise anyone?  Do we all remember that Obama's contributions from Wall Street far outstripped McCain's in 2008?  It was different in 2012 of course, but that's still a fact.

• Love 4

Great suggestions for Hillary, oakville, but IMHO, she won't be making any serious proposals or taking significant risks b/c, as the "anointed" one, she basically has no competition.  (My apologies to Lincoln Chafee, et al.)

If she continues spouting a more populist message, that tells us, again IMHO, that the Clinton machine polled on it and it's now mainstream.  Must be, since all the candidates from both parties have co opted it - or at least from what I've heard, so far.  Given the lack of competition, they can't push Hillary anywhere she doesn't care to go.

Many, if not most. of the (successful) candidates receive major funding from Wall Street.  They'll often talk the talk during campaigns about making changes but nothing ever occurs, post-election.  Forget about them walking that walk - ain't gonna happen, IMHO! 

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 3

Given the lack of competition, they can't push Hillary anywhere she doesn't care to go

I think that Mika is doing a good job of criticizing Hillary. They brought up the fake people they had on Hillary's listening tour. One of them was an Obama intern. Howard Dean said the daily mail was wrong to reveal this information.

They had someone from the Financial Times who was upset about the media focus on Hillary ordering Chipotle & Chai Lattes.

I think that Mika is doing a good job of criticizing Hillary. They brought up the fake people they had on Hillary's listening tour. One of them was an Obama intern. Howard Dean said the daily mail was wrong to reveal this information.

They had someone from the Financial Times who was upset about the media focus on Hillary ordering Chipotle & Chai Lattes.

Do my best to avoid this mess but I did happen to hear the Howard Dean comments.  Not a big deal but IIRC, oakville, he didn't criticize the DM for simply revealing that information.  Actually, he was defending Hillary by criticizing DM as a (possible) unreliable source / publication.

From everything I've heard through the grapevine from other sources, it sounds as if the DM reporting was correct.  For example, I understand that Hillary and her team cruised directly to the back of one diner, knowing that's where her plants were located and only speaking with them, instead of pressing the flesh, orderly proceeding from table to table through the restaurant, front to back.  Also, it makes sense to me that she was basically in disguise at Chipotle b/c they hadn't pre-arranged anything for that location.  In addition, it's been reported that her staff drove the plants to these various meetings - can't leave anything to chance, lol! 

Didn't see the FT gang so can't comment on that -

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 1

Howard Dean thought that the Daily Mail was making up the story about Hillary's plants at events.

Joe was mad at Howard Dean because the article provided enough details about the plants to make a strong case that the people were Clinton plants.

Howard Dean said the photos of the plants could have been fake. It was silly. Is Dean working for the Clinton campaign? If so, shouldn't he have to disclose this information?

On another note, I forgot to mention that Mika's hatred of Star Wars & Star Trek on Friday's show was obnoxious.

Many, if not most. of the (successful) candidates receive major funding from Wall Street.  They'll often talk the talk during campaigns about making changes but nothing ever occurs, post-election.  Forget about them walking that walk - ain't gonna happen, IMHO

Sad but true!.

Edited by oakville

Partial transcript of Donnie Deutsche on the Clinton donations issue.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2015/04/24/donny-deutsch-people-want-turn-page-hillary-rubio-about-future

Mika said she wasn't sure there was a "there there" on the scandal. Mika said it was OK to ask questions about the issue.

Yesterday Mika was mad at Governor Dean for defending the Clintons. Mika said that the NY Times & Washington Post were not part of the right wing conspiracy against them. Joe got very mad at Howard Dean as well.

The panel agreed that the optics of the Clintons accepting cash donations to the foundation in exchange for allowing  the sale of uranium to the Russians was bad .

Ratner said its possible that the Clintons forgot to tell the White House about the Donations. It was inadvertent.

This is very confusing. Mika said her sister in law who is the wife of the Ambassador had to have her activities scrutinized by the White House. Did Bill Clinton's speeches to foreign governments need approval from the White House?

Do we know why Mika hates Hillary Clinton so much?

Everything they discuss on the show runs through Mika's prism of hatred of Clinton.  The drones killed some innocent civilians, and Mika slurs Hillary for not commenting.  She doesn't attack Chris Christie or Ben CrazySurgeon or Jeb Bush, all Presidential candidates as well, she morphs the conversation around to hit Clinton.

I have a bad feeling about 2016.

• Love 1

@Landsnark - I don't get the hate for Hillary that Mika has either - because it just drips from her and it did in 2007-08 as well.  Half the time it was Joe indicating that Mika should back the hell off it with his silly "I LOVE Hillary" shtick.  I get a sense that it may be related to ZBig in some way - and that still doesn't make a lot of sense since Albright was a sort of ZBig protegé - but Albright and Hillary are bffs - somewhere something went off the rails between the Clintons and the Brzezinskis, maybe ZBig felt slighted by Bill not bringing him in as an adviser?  If you remember, ZBig was out of the gate in support of and an adviser to Obama very early on in the primaries.

I think Mika got away with it in 2007-08 because MSNBC was very anti-Hillary the minute the 2006 elections were done, I mean it started the very next day with vicious things being said by Matthews about her.  The only people actually defending/supporting Hillary at that time on MSNBC were Tucker Carlson (I know, right?) and Dan Abrams.  Olbermann and Schuster were particularly noxious towards her as well.

MSNBC is where Jesse Jackson Jr pulled the race card against the Clinton campaign and got away with it, even Eugene Robinson made some pretty nasty accusations, mild mannered Eugene!

The whiplash I have from Ed and Chris M actually hurts - but back in the 2007-08 time frame MSNBC was actually more liberal - often having people like Jane Hamsher of Fire Dog Lake on as a guest.

Half the time it was Joe indicating that Mika should back the hell off it with his silly "I LOVE Hillary" shtick.  I get a sense that it may be related to ZBig in some way - and that still doesn't make a lot of sense since Albright was a sort of ZBig protegé - but Albright and Hillary are bffs - somewhere something went off the rails between the Clintons and the Brzezinskis, maybe ZBig felt slighted by Bill not bringing him in as an adviser?  If you remember, ZBig was out of the gate in support of and an adviser to Obama very early on in the primaries

Mika even supported Sarah Palin for a short time saying she was a working mom like her!

I do find it logical  that Zbig endorsed Obama. Obama was against the war in Iraq & in favor of negotiating with Iran. Obama was also in favor of negotiations between Palestine & Israel. Zbig had experience negotiating the peace treaty between Israel & Egypt & tried to get the US hostages released in Iran. The Clintons were more Hawkish on foreign policy that Obama.

Mika has offered some support to Hillary today on the show saying after she read the NY Times articles she was not convinced that Hillary was guilty of any criminal activity.

The consensus on the panel was the Clintons were very sloppy in co mingling assets between the Clinton foundation & their own funds.

The consensus on the panel was the Clintons were very sloppy in co mingling assets between the Clinton foundation & their own funds.

Huh, I guess I completely missed the assertion that they co-mingled funds.  That would be a huge story and very unethical.  I think the point the panel was making was that there appears to have been a quid and quo but no pro, and the the Clinton's can just be sloppy about things in general.  They pointed out that Bill took speaking fees from questionable sources at questionable times in relation to big donations to CGI, or that the State Department appeared to be amongst several agencies that approved things in relation to the timing of big donations to CGI, without any regard to the truth.

Rachel did a piece about considering the source of the Clinton Cash book the other night - and I think it's interesting that his next hit is on Jeb Bush since he's a known Ted Cruz supporter.   It's like the twilight zone, the difference between Morning Joe and MSNBC's prime time line up.

• Love 1
Huh, I guess I completely missed the assertion that they co-mingled funds.  That would be a huge story and very unethical.  I think the point the panel was making was that there appears to have been a quid and quo but no pro, and the the Clinton's can just be sloppy about things in general.  They pointed out that Bill took speaking fees from questionable sources at questionable times in relation to big donations to CGI, or that the State Department appeared to be amongst several agencies that approved things in relation to the timing of big donations to CGI, without any regard to the truth

@Nextiteration. Thanks for your post . I am shocked that no one fact checked the Clinton Uranium scandal.

Why was Morning Joe so hyped up on Thursday to disclose the negative information without double checking it. ?

Will Mika & Joe apologize to Hillary Clinton & Howard Dean on Monday's show?

I would like the Morning Joe panel to do a more detailed analysis of the issues.

I think the "comingling of assets issue" is confusing.

Can the Clinton's receive payments from the foundation?

Can Bill Clinton receive payments for speeches & solicit funds for the Clinton foundation at the same time?

Can Hillary Clinton recuse herself from dealing with any issues that Bill Clinton gives speeches on?

It seems to me that the Clintons could get themselves in trouble with all the conflict of interest issues.

Considering the fact that the Clinton Foundation is now re-filing 5 years of taxes with the IRS because they didn't declare foreign government donations properly, leads me to believe there is more to this story than just the usual rightwing smear with nothing behind it. And that the Clinton spokesperson admited that Hillary failed to follow the agreement signed between President Obama and herself that all foreign government donations would be declared to the State Department so there would be no conflicts of interest.

I do think it is funny that Hillary made her daughter go out and defend Clinton Foundation and her screw ups at State with not declaring foreign gov't donations, after she got David Shuster fired for saying Hillary was pimping her daughter out by making her do the work Hillary didn't want to. That is pretty much what she just did this week again. Shuster was right and Hillary cried sexism to get him fired.

As for MSNBC playing the race card, the Clintons were race-baiting so badly in 2007-08 that Edwards' campaign staff was calling them on it during events and Ted Kennedy, Rep. Clyburn, and John Lewis all came out and publicly told them to knock it off. Hillary wouldn't even say if Obama was a Muslim or not. That race-baiting was one of the reasons that Matthews and Olbermann got so pissed last time. It was unacceptable.

Mika seems to be annoyed that Hillary is still making excuses and whining about messes she got herself into. Hillary knew what the Obama administration's guidelines on e-mails were and she chose to ignore them. Hillary signed a document saying she'd disclose foreign government donations to CF and then didn't. All of these messes are of her own doing and I can see why Mika is pissed off at her. She's embarassing. I've never seen a male candidate trot out their kid to make excuses for their fuck-up.

• Love 1

@pivot, That's one perspective of course.  But rewatch the Jackson Jr declaration - because that is exactly where things turned and it was ON, the Obama campaign started accusing the Clinton campaign of racism on a daily basis in their conference calls.  Lewis didn't flip as a super-delegate until weeks later, and Edwards did anything he could to kiss Obama's ass, he wanted to be on that ticket.

As to the sloppy foundation stuff, yup - it's a mess.

Shuster deserved what he got for being inappropriate - and he was suspended for two weeks for that - he got fired for testing with CNN years later.

Edited by NextIteration

@pivot, That's one perspective of course.  But rewatch the Jackson Jr declaration - because that is exactly where things turned and it was ON, the Obama campaign started accusing the Clinton campaign of racism on a daily basis in their conference calls.  Lewis didn't flip as a super-delegate until weeks later, and Edwards did anything he could to kiss Obama's ass, he wanted to be on that ticket.

As to the sloppy foundation stuff, yup - it's a mess.

Shuster deserved what he got for being inappropriate - and he was suspended for two weeks for that - he got fired for testing with CNN years later.

The Clinton campaign was race-baiting way before the Jesse Jackson Jr. appearance. They were doing ugly stuff prior to the Iowa caucuses. It's pretty much accepted as fact now by the media and most pundits that Hillary's campaign was race-baiting. When Kennedy, Lewis and Clyburn have to come out and tell you publicly to stop race-baiting, it's become a problem. There's a reason Bill Clinton isn't going to be on the campaign trail this cycle much and that is because his racist comments in South Carolina really turned the primary into Obama's hands. He became a big liability for Hillary.

• Love 1

I've no interest in re-litigating the whole mess because there was crap in both campaigns, Mark Penn was a much bigger and more offensive liability to the Clinton campaign than Bill, but that's all in the past.

The point is, Mika dripped nasty on Hillary long before any of that heated up, as did most of MSNBC.

And secondary to that, a lot of nonsense is getting thrown about on MJ right now in the wake of the Clinton Cash book.  Expect a lot more of that as long as the book is in the news.

Edited by NextIteration

While the Clinton Cash book is a bunch of nonsense, Mika actually has had some decent points on Hillary. Hillary knew that she was violating the Obama administration's guidelines for e-mail. Hillary knew that she wasn't following the agreement she signed with the Obama administration regarding disclosure of foreign donors. And Hillary isn't giving them anything else to talk about. She's only done the bare minimum since declaring her campaign for presidency. She's met with a small # pre-screened people and that's about it. She hasn't done one interview or held one public event that allowed for questions. She also hasn't said anything of substance yet.

• Love 2

On this we are pretty much in total agreement, this time and last time too - her team was shit-tastic.  She's doing a terrible job, especially when she's expecting a coronation... she has a lot of liberals to try to convince and all this shenanigans is not going to to do it.  Sirota is going after her and is pissed that he's getting criticized on Twitter - I saw it yesterday when I was following my feed to see what was happening in Baltimore.  I cannot believe that having all the people on her team this time - supposedly the best and brightest from both the Obama and the previous Hillary campaign that they are doing so poorly out of the gate.

As to the email thing, I think that it's another example of the Clinton's doing what the Clinton's do, just barely come down on the line of what is sort of okay without crossing over.  I realize that where that line actually falls is always debatable, which is what is so freaking annoying about them.  She knew she still had presidential aspirations possibly when she took the job at State - why not make sure she dotted her Is and crossed her Ts and didn't repeat any of the shenanigans that she had to have known would get dug up - simply because it's such a joy for her opposition to do.

But the Mika thing, goes back to before the 2007 primaries even heated up.  That was all I was trying to point out.  Sure, Mika will take down low hanging fruit like Fiorina in "protection" mode for Clinton but that was just too easy - anything else, she'll be a yapping dog much like you'd hear from the FoxBots.

eta:  So who does everyone think Joe was referring to as being "breathless" in their coverage last night - possibly further igniting violence in Baltimore?  I thought perhaps he meant Rev. Al - but here is Rev. Al on the show and everyone is in much agreement.  Chris Hayes?  Who? Inquiring minds would like to know - I didn't catch Hayes or Maddow last night.

Edited by NextIteration

I have no idea who Joe was talking about but probably Rachel. He hates her for getting the best slot on MSNBC and having a more successful show than him.

As for Hillary, staffers can only do so much to make up for a weak candidate. Hillary never had her husband's political skills or charisma and she doesn't enjoy campaigning. All of that make it hard to have that candidate out interacting with the general public.

• Love 2

The conservative website makes fun of Joe.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/bryan-ballas/2015/04/29/scarborough-mocks-gop-voters-drunks-we-make-horrible-decisions-every

I wonder how long Howard Dean will still be an invited guest on the show. Joe keeps blowing up at him over his support of the Clinton foundation.

Dean said the Clinton foundation helped over 400 million people. How is that possible?

Barnicle said that the Clinton Foundation should rebuild the CVS pharmacy burnt down in Baltimore. Is this legal? Isn't CVS a private company? I would assume they have insurance to cover the rebuilding costs.

I am surprised  no one on the show asked why Freddy Gray was arrested in the first place? What happened?

• Love 1

The Clinton Foundation has helped millions around the world, which is part of why all this Sturm und Drang about the Clinton Cash book is sort of stupid.  Sure, I think some of Bill's speech fees (personal income) may be a bit shady and a little too convenient timing wise - but it's not what Scarborough is huffing and puffing about - it actually makes Joe look petty, and jealous as in, it's NOT FAIR that Bill can command those dollars for a speech when I'm stuck here every morning making a lot less money exploiting my history in politics.

Pot meet kettle.

Now Joe wants Canada to change their privacy laws with regard to charitable donations, yeah sure, I bet they'll jump right on that.

• Love 5

Joe started the show by being angry about the PPV boxing match. Joe was mad that Mayweather didn't let female reporters in the interview room. Joe was mad at the NFL for letting Winston be drafted after having sexual assault complaints filed against him. Joe said he would not watch the NFL until they fixed the problem. Joe had similar complaints against the NFL last year but that did not stop him & Mika from attending the Superbowl & hosting an evening version of Morning Joe at the event. If they were serious, they would have declined the invitation to the Superbowl.

Joe & Halperin are excited that Christie was not indicted . Mika was the voice of reason today. She said it was not a good day when 3 people in his office get indicted. Joe said Fiorina is performing well at CPAC. She was at 0% in the polls.

(edited)

Ha, and once again Joe has a fit over Pres. Clinton's speeches and he and Halperin misquoted him - he said he spent a couple hours a day "researching things for his speeches" not a couple hours per speech.

Joe, you look pea eyed green with envy with your ranting.  To quote Joe "Hee Hee!"

eta: 5/5 - Seriously Mika?  "Some people might say...", "you don't need to be condescending"... if we wanted Fox & Friends, we would turn the channel.

Edited by NextIteration