Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, SeanBug said:

I was LOL at the comments about Joe and the Rose Bowl. When Mika said "Joe will be fine, he loves a good game", I was like "Have you met your husband??" When Lemire laughed about that bad play AL called at the end of the game, Joe's head would have exploded. 

But him staying off air and pouting is a gift. So, win/win. Michigan and viewers. 

I am shocked that Alabama didn't invite Joe to the sideline to help suggest plays to the coaches while the game was being played. Joe said he played football when he was in high school and scored many touchdowns.

• LOL 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Kemper said:

Has Joe been gone all week?

Well, we know children pout a lot longer than adults, who have the ability to get past a disappointment over something as meaningless as a college football game  and move on with their life. 

And Joe can't blame the officiating. Alabama blew it. Joe loves to have someone to blame so he can yell about it on air ad nauseum.  

I feel we should send a thank you card to Saban and the Alabama football team. .No Joe for a whole week?  Roll Tide!!! 

Edited by SeanBug
  • LOL 3

I hope Joe is not sick or has a family emergency. He seems to be gone a lot. Which brings me to both he and Meeka.  I know an early, daily, live news/political show can be a grind.  But he and Meeka's time off and disappearing acts during their own show seem to be a lot.  And I am sure that is what they negotiated into their 4-hour, 5-day-a-week contract.  But.  If the show is that much of a grind....maybe they should not have gone to four hours a day.  Or.  A four-day-work week might have been better.  Monday through Thursday, 6-10. Alternate Fridays and Mondays.  They seem to be indispensable to the network and can write their own tickets.  Or he can. Again, I hope Joe is well and not handling a family matter.

Brava to Mika yesterday for confronting that Biden campaign representative and demanding to know when the campaign was going to start dealing with the unique challenges posed by their adversary.   No brava for accepting a mealy-mouthed answer that instilled zero confidence in viewers wondering the same thing.

• Like 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Kemper said:

I hope Joe is not sick or has a family emergency. He seems to be gone a lot. Which brings me to both he and Meeka.  I know an early, daily, live news/political show can be a grind.  But he and Meeka's time off and disappearing acts during their own show seem to be a lot.  And I am sure that is what they negotiated into their 4-hour, 5-day-a-week contract.  But.  If the show is that much of a grind....maybe they should not have gone to four hours a day.  Or.  A four-day-work week might have been better.  Monday through Thursday, 6-10. Alternate Fridays and Mondays.  They seem to be indispensable to the network and can write their own tickets.  Or he can. Again, I hope Joe is well and not handling a family matter.

We'll never know. I don't believe half the excuses they come up with for them missing work so much. 

5 hours ago, millennium said:

Brava to Mika yesterday for confronting that Biden campaign representative and demanding to know when the campaign was going to start dealing with the unique challenges posed by their adversary.   No brava for accepting a mealy-mouthed answer that instilled zero confidence in viewers wondering the same thing.

Biden is giving a speech today since tomorrow is anniversary fo Jan 6 attack, and he's addressing threat to democracy, etc.  Like they've said on the show, there's only so much you can do with low info voters or those who support Trump no matter what.  Polls mean nothing now. We have no idea who they talk to, and whether people say stuff they actually believe.  

Edited by SeanBug
  • Like 4

Please don't quote Elise Stefanik's remarks on your parent network's once highly respected news show now hosted by the worst host in it's history without calling out the host who is an embarrassment 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, tres bien said:

Please don't quote Elise Stefanik's remarks on your parent network's once highly respected news show now hosted by the worst host in it's history without calling out the host who is an embarrassment 

Who and what?  Apparently Joe is back.

• Wink 1
9 hours ago, tres bien said:

I saw the interview. on Meet the Press.  Kristin Welker was not prepared. Joe said that Elise was well-behaved when they interviewed her on Morning Joe. He can't explain what happened to her. Joe said she has become a member of the Trump cult. Mika was upset that Elise called the January 6th rioters hostages.

• Fire 1
  • Love 1
On 1/4/2024 at 7:44 PM, Kemper said:

I think Joe is fine - during his holiday he was in Pasadena watching the Rose Bowl with his sons.  

Apparently he doesn't find it necessary to change his outfit from that outing once he returns to work. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
38 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I think Joe is fine - during his holiday he was in Pasadena watching the Rose Bowl with his sons.  

Apparently he doesn't find it necessary to change his outfit from that outing once he returns to work. 

Joe's blue fleece top with the Morning Joe logo will be in the cable TV news museum when he retires. Joe has made many rants wearing this fleece top. He started wearing it in 2012 & used to have cereal stains on it. Mika used to make fun of it & told Joe to stop eating cereal on the set.

• LOL 4
11 hours ago, oakville said:

I saw the interview. on Meet the Press.  Kristin Welker was not prepared. Joe said that Elise was well-behaved when they interviewed her on Morning Joe. He can't explain what happened to her. Joe said she has become a member of the Trump cult. Mika was upset that Elise called the January 6th rioters hostages.

Honestly couldn't Kristin Welker have been at least prepared enough to ask "what is the definition of a hostage" and then not accept Stefanik's interpretation of the definition. It is absolutely unacceptable when there are real people being held hostage today and their fate is unknown 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Sounds like Joe is taking that AL loss really well.  A week later and he's still fuming. Can't even compliment the team without sounding like an asshole. 

Joe I hate to tell you but EVERYONE tries to figure out what play an opponent is going to call by watching game tapes, going to their games etc. If you're such an expert about sports, seems you should know this.  And Nick Saban isn't exactly an angel. He's been accused of "sign stealing", buying recruits and other coaches have wanted him suspended or fired.  Nice to see the hypocrisy is still running rampant.  

"I know I'm talking a lot about Alabama but it's my show".

Yeah, and this thing in my hand is my remote, and I can turn your bullshit off. 

Last week was once again a reminder of how much better the show is without your loudmouth bullying.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

Joe changed his top. He is now wearing his navy blue sweater. Mika got a new makeup makeover. She is in Washington. Joe is happy that Nikki Haley is gaining in the polls.

Joe called Trump a loser & he will have a meltdown if he loses NH.

Joe said Republicans may not support Trump .

Joe is an expert on Republican politics.

• LOL 3

Joe called Trump a snowflake. He said his supporters are triggered.

Joe said Trump appears in court to get sympathy from his supporters.

Joe admitted he likes long windups before he asks questions.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2

Mika & Joe are in Washington today. There is a good panel today.

The main topic is Joe is mad at Fox News for going soft on Donald Trump at a town hall. Joe said Trump made a blunder by taking credit for terminating Roe vs Wade.

Joe said Trump is helping the Biden campaign.

Joe thought Fox would be tougher on Trump.

Joe said the Democrats have to stop bedwetting about poor polls.

Joe said Biden will get more support from African Americans & young people.

Joe is mad at Trump for accepting the Saudi & Chinese foreign governments in his hotels.

Is Mika wearing a fake tanner ? She looks nice today.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I saw a promo for the Jill Biden interview.  Mika said something along the lines of "stay tuned (or up next) is my explosive interview with First Lady Jill Biden" which had me on pins and needles.   I didn't watch but should have realized that it would involve KYV.

Oakville - it must have been my tv  because both Joe and Meeka were unnaturally tan bleeding into orange.  It must have been the studio lights. Nice seeing everyone sitting around a table.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I saw a promo for the Jill Biden interview.  Mika said something along the lines of "stay tuned (or up next) is my explosive interview with First Lady Jill Biden" which had me on pins and needles.   I didn't watch but should have realized that it would involve KYV.

Oakville - it must have been my tv  because both Joe and Meeka were unnaturally tan bleeding into orange.  It must have been the studio lights. Nice seeing everyone sitting around a table.

There will be an additional segment tomorrow involving Mika & Dr Biden. There are rumours that Jill will officially endorse KYV.

Mika& Joe's tan was shocking. I wonder if they use Trump's makeup artist.

• LOL 5

Joe is in the studio today wearing running shoes with no socks. Joe said it's possible that Trump could lose the nomination if Trump is convicted.

Heilman was sad that Mika & Joe would not travel to Iowa for the caucus.

Joe is mad at Trump for saying that Lincoln should have negotiated with the South before the civil war.

• Like 2

Joe pretended to be Trump in a mock debate with Steve Inskeep. It was hilarious. Joe kept interrupting Steve Inskeep. It's like watching a regular episode of Morning Joe.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Joe introduced the new weekend crew with Alicia Menendez & Simone Sanders & Michael Steele. Joe gave them advice on how to run their show. Joe bragged about how he had complete control to talk about sports on Morning Joe despite Brokaw & Phil Griffin being opposed.

Joe bragged about wearing an LL Bean navy crew sweater for 5 months straight. Joe admitted he had breakfast food on his clothes.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Watched Joe and Mika give Ron DeSantis a softball interview on Morning Joe Weekend.   Nothing about his anti-LGBT stance, his hostility towards corporations who treat employees like human beings, his antics with using migrants as political pawns, or his authoritarian tendencies.   Nothing.

Instead it was "How do you feel about Donald Trump's characterization of you?"

Terribly disappointing.

ETA:  They also asked DeSantis' thoughts on Trump having the power to deploy Seal Team 6 to take out political opponents like him.   DeSantis' reply was something like, "Trump says a lot of things, it's all bluster."

Mika and Joe were like, "okay."

Edited by millennium
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 1

So it's happened. KVY met Dr Jill Biden. Flanking Minka are Huma Abedin, Maggie McGrath and Adrienne Elrod. Expect to hear about it all morning!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Joe got mad at someone in the studio who was interrupting his monologue on MLK. Mika looked scared & said OK they heard you.

Joe was upset that Heilman wasn't outside in the cold weather.

• Like 3
(edited)

It's laugh out loud funny that Mika interviews the First Lady on camera, and it's only available on the MSNBC web site.  Not on, you know, Mika's television show.

Why are there 50 other women there?  Why are Huma and Adrienne in the back of every frame?

KYV is an absolute mystery to me.

Edited by Lowcountry snark
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Lowcountry snark said:

It's laugh out loud funny that Mika interviews the First Lady on camera, and it's only available on the MSNBC web site.  Not on, you know, Mika's television show.

Why are there 50 other women there?  Why are Huma and Adrienne in the back of every frame?

KYV is an absolute mystery to me.

I don't get why Huma Abedin is suddenly all over KYV. Adrienne Elrod either, but Elrod is a hardcore Democratic foot soldier so whatever she does, she gets a pass from me.  Maggie McGrath is of course from Forbes.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, jenkait said:
5 hours ago, jenkait said:

I don't get why Huma Abedin is suddenly all over KYV. Adrienne Elrod either, but Elrod is a hardcore Democratic foot soldier so whatever she does, she gets a pass from me.  Maggie McGrath is of course from Forbes.

ETA: This is weird. I couldn't find out how old Maggie MaGrath is but the the other two were born in 1975 (Abedin) and 1976 (Elrod). They aren't even 50!  Uh I guess the whole KYV/being 50 is just sort of whatever in this organization.

4 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Adrienne and Mika appear to be best friends per Mika's Instagram.

Mika seems nice but I bet she would be an exhausting BFF!

They do look almost like sisters already.

• Like 4
(edited)

I am not saying these women (see above) haven't worked hard. But to me, KYV seems led by a coven of women who like to pat themselves on the back for their accomplishments; especially in the media or on the national stage.  Never mind the women who clear everyday obstacles ...they raise families, with or without a partner.  They  have careers/jobs - not always well-paying. They make a difference in their neighborhoods, their environment, and other lives that they touch.  It doesn't occur to them to Know Their Value.  They already know they have it and don't expect an award for it.

Sorry to rant (the NFL choosing to put the KC game last night on PPV has me riled) but just hearing Meeka even say KYV annoys me to no end (she actually preens) and has me grabbing the remote. I feel so much better now.

****Sorry, I meant "Streaming" not PPV****

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
On 1/12/2024 at 11:06 AM, plumbago blues said:

Explosive. Yeah, no.

The only explosive interview I can remember was on The Jinx when Robert Durst went in the bathroom at the end of the episode, and apparently not realizing his mic was on, said "what did you do?  Killed them all".  

Mika interviewing Dr Jill about women's issues is a nice thing, but it's certainly not explosive. 

Explosive is when you're yelling "WHAT THE FUCK!!!??" at the tv. Not counting how many times Mika tries to work "Know Your Value" into the conversation. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Kemper said:

I am not saying these women (see above) haven't worked hard. But to me, KYV seems led by a coven of women who like to pat themselves on the back for their accomplishments; especially in the media or on the national stage.  Never mind the women who clear everyday obstacles ...they raise families, with or without a partner.  They  have careers/jobs - not always well-paying. They make a difference in their neighborhoods, their environment, and other lives that they touch.  It doesn't occur to them to Know Their Value.  They already know they have it and don't expect an award for it.

Sorry to rant (the NFL choosing to put the KC game last night on PPV has me riled) but just hearing Meeka even say KYV annoys me to no end (she actually preens) and has me grabbing the remote. I feel so much better now.

****Sorry, I meant "Streaming" not PPV****

I couldn't agree with you more!! I an so fucking sick of all the KYV coven being CEO/multimillionaires.  What about the mother and daughter poll workers who testified at the Jan 6 hearing?  They knew their value enough to stand up to a lot of powerful people and tell America what happened.  They don't sit on the board of some company, or invent shapewear, or run a publishing house. (People Mika tends to sidle up to). 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

There's a potential war bubbling in the Middle East. Ukraine has been bombed to rubble for nearly 2 years. The government might shut down next week. Innocent women and children are drowning at the southern border.

And the first 30 minutes of MJ are devoted to the second E Jean Carroll trial. I'm sorry for her and all women like her but this not meaningful news to me 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, oakville said:

Here is the transcript of Joe's rant today courtesy of a conservative website.

Just that smug look on Mika's face assures me that I will disagree with and hate everything Joe says.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1

Donnie Deutsch likes the new ad from the Lincoln Project portraying Trump as a dictator.

Donnie said that Joe could be put in jail by Trump. Joe said Trump tried during his first term by accusing him of being a murderer.

Joe said Ted Cruz should have defended his wife when Trump called her ugly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I was watching on Tuesday morning this week and twice Mika asked the guest a question that I was interested in hearing the answer and both times Joe jumped in before there was an answer to ask his own question, never mind hers.  I can't imagine she wasn't irritated with him.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1

I tuned in to see Anan ...something.  It is a long last name that I can never remember.  I am old.  Back in the day he had the really high hair.  And his voice could melt butter.  And he was constantly cut off by one of The Twins. I digress...

Apparently Anan works for a company called -  Key?  When he finally got "called on" he discussed political parties and movements having Passion.  That like it or not, Trump's fans are passionate. As in a lot of issues and causes in the 60s and 70s were driven by it.  How labor unions brought out huge votes.  People felt connected and turned out. But it is lacking with voters and Dems in general. He was excellent. Then Mike Barnicle responded; and sounded robotic. He did, actually, agree with Anan a bit; but he had no spark.  I wish Show would have him (Anan) on more often.  But he might out-spark Joe. 😁

• Like 2
On 1/17/2024 at 8:51 AM, oakville said:

Joe said he was tired of Trump's s***

That makes no sense.  Joe has only spoken about Trump and sports since 2015.  Nine solid years.  Trump has made Joe roughly $50 million.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe complained about Nikki Haley not doing tv appearances. She won't come on Morning Joe.

Mika said Nikki Haley could be disqualified from attending her KYV festival if she endorses President Trump.

Joe is worried that Trump will cancel Morning Joe if he is elected President.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Aimlessly scrolling Reddit this morning between orders of French toast from my second-grader, and came across the new Abu Dhabi event. It was just 🤦‍♀️ I mean i think Mika is a nice person but how did this thing...snowball?  Also, apparently you get a promotional discount if you are under 30 or over 50? Too bad to be in your 40s I guess! I'm just a boring 40-something Canadian mom and nurse so I won't be going, ha, but I was curious to see our Prime Minister's ex-wife Sophie G. will be there.

Edited by jenkait
Missed a word
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1