Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Kemper said:

Meeka gets validation from her family connections and KYV. And not much else. I've  got news for you, toots....Political Royalty you are not.

Mika was able to use her connections to lure Joe, who considers himself to be a key member of Congress during its golden era.

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

That's what fossils do.

Signed,

Proud fossil

Scarborough and I graduated high school the same year.   But he always seems to be looking backwards.   It's especially aggravating at the moment because what happened in the past means squat.   Especially the last 50 years.  Because the last 50 years are what led us to this moment of national crisis today.   Everything that happened in politics from about 1970 to 2020, or didn't happen, has culminated in America being pushed to the brink.   If the pieces of the past have added up to what we see on the news every day now, then those pieces cannot by nature be a good thing.   And certainly do not merit or deserve the never-ending "remember when" segments on Morning Joe. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Really you guys stop reading the NYT (and probably any newspaper stories and editorials)

You and every cable news network and newspapers enabled this guy. And the one network continues.

If the Democrats can't figure out how to fight back we're screwed 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, tres bien said:

Really you guys stop reading the NYT (and probably any newspaper stories and editorials)

You and every cable news network and newspapers enabled this guy. And the one network continues.

If the Democrats can't figure out how to fight back we're screwed 

I remember waving to candidate JFK as he was whistle-stopping through my town on a train.  Squealing like he was teen idol.  As a nation we thought we could overcome anything. What we are experiencing now has been evolving; we cannot forgot how we got here and why.  As the saying goes....What is Past is Prologue.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
7 hours ago, tres bien said:

Where are black leaders like Rev Al? Why aren't they out there speaking up?

I was asking the same question IRL yesterday, i.e., whatever happened to black leaders?   Where's the new Jesse Jackson?   There's no one.  Where the hell is Raphael Warnock?   He got elected and vanished from the national scene.

On the other hand, there are no white leaders speaking out either.   No prominent celebrities.   No rock bands or other performance artists being defiant.   Activism is dead.  They all fear being canceled.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
On 11/20/2023 at 1:22 PM, oakville said:

Mika was happy that Mrs Carter enjoyed her mother's tree sculptures & let her play with Amy Carter.

Probably Mrs Carter was too polite to say how she really felt.  What happened to just letting trees be trees? 

• Like 4

Now that it is being said that the former guy should get lots of coverage to show what he says. Joe now is spinning that to show why they had him on so much before. No joe you were kissing his ass and making sure you didn’t ask hard questions. You can’t change the truth. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
7 hours ago, tres bien said:

Thank you this morning to Molly Jong Fast for basically telling the Dems to stop being wimps, put the gloves on and start fighting 

I don't think they know how.   Is it that hard to find a good ad agency and make devastating commercials?   The material is already there, all recorded, tons of it.   So far all I have seen are very occasional commercials that collectively amount to "President Biden wants me to feel loved."

• Love 1
On 11/21/2023 at 8:14 AM, Kemper said:

I remember waving to candidate JFK as he was whistle-stopping through my town on a train.  Squealing like he was teen idol.  As a nation we thought we could overcome anything. What we are experiencing now has been evolving; we cannot forgot how we got here and why.  As the saying goes....What is Past is Prologue.

I even had this feeling in 2008, that the US could overcome anything!  Yours sounds more amazing of course. It's been quite a hit to realize things aren't far from disaster at all really.

• Like 1

Joe started a rant against Democrats for thinking that young voters only care about social issues. Joe said it's wrong that Hispanics only think about immigration issues. Joe said gay voters think about many issues.. Joe said young voters are suffering more from the current economy.

3 hours ago, jenkait said:

I even had this feeling in 2008, that the US could overcome anything!  Yours sounds more amazing of course. It's been quite a hit to realize things aren't far from disaster at all really.

You are right...I had forgotten about 2008.  But I love Joe shouting about how his old party is behaving.  He and his other cohorts started this type of burning it all down Back When He Was In Congress. There must be clippings somewhere. 😁

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving !

There was an interesting interview with Rob Reiner in the 3rd hour of yesterday's show . He is co-hosting a podcast called Who Killed JFK. He said there was a second shooter & that his bullets hit Gov Connolly.

Mika congratulated Karen Getz a woman over 50 who created Maine Crisp Buckwheat crackers.

The interview was conducted by KYV staff.

Mika congratulated Nicole Wallace who is 51 for adopting a baby with her new husband Mike Schmidt.

Mika texted Nicole .

Mika said she is interested in adopting a child . Mika said she would be a perfect mom. Lemire asked if she was serious. She said no because Joe has 18,000 kids.

I doubt Joe would want to adopt a baby.

• LOL 3
20 hours ago, jacourt said:

I thought Nicole’s baby was with a surrogate?  

I have no idea but at 51 either you're adopting a baby or creating a baby with a donor egg.  If you don't carry the baby yourself (I know a couple early 50s women who have carried, but not everyone can) it's donor egg + surrogate so your surrogate is birthing the baby, so either way you get handed the baby.

• Like 1

Joe complained about Zombie Malls & restaurants closing.  They can't find enough workers. Joe wants immigration fixed. Joe complained about people ordering takeout. They don't sit down for meals.

Joe said the mall owners should sell the properties.

Joe complained about ordering out. He paid $50 for a half-eaten pop tart from Uber Eats.

Joe wants people to read the NY Times editorial about Israel instead of watching TikTok videos.

Joe showed viewers the highlighted parts of articles from the WSJ. He does his own research.

Joe was happy that Alabama won the football game.

• Like 2

Yesterday Joe had one of his sports stories and guests on.  I know most on here cannot stand that but I welcome it as a relief/distraction from the four hours of usually grim news and political discourse.  

Joe was excited about Alabama (isn't that where he graduated?) winning.  He had on two sports guys. One was Pablo Torre who I love and is a bright spot on any show or podcast. I don't follow college football but enjoyed the discussion.  Meeka broke in suddenly and shrill-voiced them in a rush and went to commercial.  Wham Bam. It was embarrassing and rude. I would love to see Joe sit in during one of her KYV skits, interrupt and go to commercial. Yes, Meeka, we know you are above sports and entertainment news. By the way...Pablo graduated from Harvard. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm sorry I missed today's show.  I love Pablo Torre.

So do I. There was a wild rumor awhile back that he was Tony Kornheiser’s son!  I wish that Meeka would just excuse herself and take a coffee break when there are sports discussions. She is disrespectful to the guests and a lot of time - like yesterday- she basically flipped them off.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, Kemper said:

So do I. There was a wild rumor awhile back that he was Tony Kornheiser’s son!  I wish that Meeka would just excuse herself and take a coffee break when there are sports discussions. She is disrespectful to the guests and a lot of time - like yesterday- she basically flipped them off.

Yeah, Tony jokes that he's his grandson whenever Pablo is on the show.  I like the Tony/Pablo matchup much better than Tony/grouchy Michael Wilbon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have a new plan. I mute the tv before putting mj on and see who’s talking. This way I’m not accosted with Mr they raped women, burned babies etc first thing. These actions are atrocious but constantly repeating to the point that the viewer can recite the monologue just numbs you to what is being said. 

• Like 5

Joe was happy that Alabama was picked to play in the Rose Bowl. Joe said the level of football being played by Alabama was at another level.

Pablo told Joe sarcastically that he was personally responsible for the hiring of coach Nick Saban. He said Joe should be on the Alabama parade float.

The look on Joe's face was priceless.

• LOL 3

I tuned in at 7 during the Liz Cheney interview; Willy and Jonathan Lemire were in studio with her. The conversation was excellent so I figured Joe had Taken The Day Off.  But wait! Here he is with Meeka in Florida. And he starts talking. All I can think of is Shut The Eff Up You Egotistical Blowhard. He just had to bring up his glory days in Congress. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3

Everyone wants to be the one sounding the alarm. A week ago it was Judge Luttig. On Monday it was Jeffery Goldberg with his Atlantic issue. Today it was Anne Applebaum and Liz Cheney. 

But not a one wants to organize and recruit everyone including the former Trump administration officials that thinks he must be stopped.

I've stopped listening to them.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
20 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe was happy that Alabama was picked to play in the Rose Bowl. Joe said the level of football being played by Alabama was at another level.

Pablo told Joe sarcastically that he was personally responsible for the hiring of coach Nick Saban. He said Joe should be on the Alabama parade float.

The look on Joe's face was priceless.

Wait til Joe gets a load of Michigan football.   

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

I tuned in at 7 during the Liz Cheney interview; Willy and Jonathan Lemire were in studio with her. The conversation was excellent so I figured Joe had Taken The Day Off.  But wait! Here he is with Meeka in Florida. And he starts talking. All I can think of is Shut The Eff Up You Egotistical Blowhard. He just had to bring up his glory days in Congress. 

Did Scarborough interact with Liz Cheney?   I didn't see the show but just caught a clip on MSNBC and it looked like the interview was with Geist and Lemire, which struck me as incredibly insulting.   The head of the January 6th committee, a woman who put her political career on the line for the sake of democracy comes in for an important interview and the titular host of the show can't be bothered to be IN THE STUDIO?

Talk about not knowing a woman's value.

Edited by millennium
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
52 minutes ago, millennium said:

Did Scarborough interact with Liz Cheney?   I didn't see the show but just caught a clip on MSNBC and it looked like the interview was with Geist and Lemire, which struck me as incredibly insulting.   The head of the January 6th committee, a woman who put her political career on the line for the sake of democracy comes in for an important interview and the titular host of the show can't be bothered to be IN THE STUDIO?

Joe did ask Liz Cheney a few questions from the bunker studio. Joe said he used to be considered a strong conservative when he was in Congress & that the rest of the GOP tried to get him to be more moderate. Joe is shocked at how the current GOP is betraying the Constitution. Joe said that Lindsay Graham sold his soul for a round of golf with President Trump. Mika didn't have much to say during the segment.

• Like 2

A lady was on near the end of the show with only Mika.  Gray cashmere sweater and black blazer, long black hair.  TV producer and not-for-profit director.  She spoke to the UN, I think, and said she was sickened because no one would condemn Hamas for being abusive to Israeli women.  I muted her, because I generally keep the show on mute.
1.  What did she mean?
2.  How hard did Mika try to shoehorn-in KYV?  It's super fucking weird how Mika is proud of, and mother-hens, younger successful women.  But she has zilch to offer Liz Cheney.

FWIW, you can keep the show on mute.  The Chyron generally sums up the segment pretty thoroughly, depending on the guest.  You can rest assured knowing that you've heard every single theme, idea, rant, talking point thousands of times before.  For the most part all the shows are repeats of previous shows.  Actually, it may not be real.  It may be all AI.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, millennium said:

From what I saw (I think I missed the beginning) it was just Willie and Lemire with Liz  Cheney in the studio…with no Joe talking. Really good interview.  Then it switched to The Twins in whatever room/studio they inhabit. 

But yes, Joe simply had to bring up his stellar political career. With Newt G. He embarrassed himself today. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, millennium said:

4 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika didn't have much to say during the segment.

Excuuuse me, but only Mika can determine who has value and that usually is when she has fully vetted them and has prepared questions for them...and if she has determined that those women might 'like', 'heart', or sign up for sponsorship or KYV donations. I think Liz Cheney is way above her silly games and "skits". (thank you Kemper!) I believe Mika would be intimidated by her and thus chose to stay out of the discussion. ( Or she was making coffee...who knows.)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Nicole Wallace has been on maternity leave for the past couple weeks, but guess what?  Nicole Wallace made it a priority to come back to work for the day and be in the studio when Liz Cheney showed up yesterday.

As I understand it, Nicole Wallace has higher ratings than MJ or any other show on MSNBC.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

WUT  I'm agreeing with Elise Stefanik?

If I had a student at Harvard or Penn yesterday would have been their last day.

Shame on them they should resign or be forced to immediately. What a despicable embarrassment.

As usual thank you Molly for speaking about  how an average American Jew feels today 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Mika was happy that Chris Christie defended Nikki Haley when she was being attacked by Vivek.

Joe said as a Southern man he knows he has to defend a woman. However, Nikki looked uncomfortable. Nikki felt weird.

Joe's hair is 3 inches higher than normal.

Willie said the candidates should focus on defeating Trump.

Joe called Nikki a rising star despite disagreeing with her positions.

Joe supports a compromise of 15 weeks on abortion access.

Rev Al agreed with Joe.

Nikki was polite to Al when he went to South Carolina after the church massacre.

She offered him lemonade.

Joe is tired of people shouting at debates. He said that Newsom & DeSantis shouted at each other.

• Like 3