Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, stormy said:

Joe's "treatment" of Joy Reid was pretty appalling this morning. Joy might have been the first person on this show to say maga=make America the '50's again. 

Her book sounds good. Guess when Joe's book comes out it will be hailed as the book of the century. By him, Mika and anyone that wants to continue to be panelist.

I don't think Joe likes Joy. Joe was surprised that Trump's Q rating was 3 X higher among African Americans that Whites.

I wonder if Mika or Joe's book will be mentioned during the debates this week.?

(edited)

Who is Joe quoting the Bible to. And why? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but as a non Christian I find it really weird.

Mika was visibley shaken by the father/daughter picture. It's disgusting that the panel thinks this is the only thing that might move trump. Susan Paige cited pictures of children in Syria that moved the needle.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3

"Stay with me.  Stay with me.  Come here.  Come here.  If you don't want to walk next door to Google this, we've done this for you."
Solemn Mika during each moment Joe takes a breath in his bloviating:  "Oh yes.  Hm.  Yes.  Yes.  mHm.  Yes.  Preach my love."

I promise you that Joe thinks he's some sort of poet warrior introducing us to truths in a way no one else can.   His point that Trump is human sewage and a liar is correct, but every single other lead anchor on MSNBC can make the case more elegantly without Joe's histrionics. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

"Stay with me.  Stay with me.  Come here.  Come here.  If you don't want to walk next door to Google this, we've done this for you."
Solemn Mika during each moment Joe takes a breath in his bloviating:  "Oh yes.  Hm.  Yes.  Yes.  mHm.  Yes.  Preach my love."

I promise you that Joe thinks he's some sort of poet warrior introducing us to truths in a way no one else can.   His point that Trump is human sewage and a liar is correct, but every single other lead anchor on MSNBC can make the case more elegantly without Joe's histrionics. 

Perhaps Joe could apply for a job like Poet Laureate?

(edited)

Joe said that Trump's policies are getting more illegal immigrants to cross the border. The smugglers warn immigrants that they have to cross the border before the wall is built.

Edited by oakville
2 hours ago, stormy said:

Who is Joe quoting the Bible to. And why? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but as non Christians find it really weird.

Mika was visibley shaken by the father/daughter picture. It's disgusting that the panel thinks this is the only thing that might move trump. Susan Paige cited pictures of children in Syria that moved the needle.

I think Mika & Joe are planning to do  Sunday Bible Study show on MSNBC .

Joe & Mika would make excellent televangelists.

• LOL 5

Well you all raised the same questions I was going to raise. I just have it on when I get up and taking the dog out fixing breakfast so not paying that much attention. 

Sweaters? In FL? In June? 

Rev Joe was really preaching this morning.  I see a mega church with "Jesus Wants You To Know Your Value" in someone's future, and Joe & The Apostles rocking out to "Jesus is Just Alright With Me". 

The guy who had to have Phil Griffin explain Google's algorithms to him is telling people to "go next door, your neighbor is waiting with the Google machine". Take it down a notch, Joe. As you like to say, you're too cute by half. 

Thank you DVR machine, cousin of the Google machine for giving me the opportunity to watch something other than the remaining 2 1/2 hours of this cluster fuck. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Joe bragged that Mayor Pete's appearance on his show sparked his campaign & he raised a lot of money.

Appearing on Morning Joe is the key to a successful campaign.

Joe & Donny are worried about Sanders & Warren winning the nomination. They would raise taxes on the wealthy.

Joe was upset that Jeb Bush performed poorly in the debates.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe bragged that Mayor Pete's appearance on his show sparked his campaign & he raised a lot of money.

Joe doesn't realize that Mayor Pete appeared on every late night show, The View, CNN morning show, Fox News Sunday, Desus & Mero, Axios, Rachel Maddow, Velshi & Ruhle,  Lawrence O'Donnell, The Breakfast Club, Vogue Magazine, Time Magazine, Meet The Press. 

But sure you go ahead and take credit for Pete Buttigieg's campaign.  You think he raised ALL that money off your little show? 

4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe & Donny are worried about Sanders & Warren winning the nomination. They would raise taxes on the wealthy.

Boo fucking hoo. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Joe doesn't realize that Mayor Pete appeared on every late night show, The View, CNN morning show, Fox News Sunday, Desus & Mero, Axios, Rachel Maddow, Velshi & Ruhle,  Lawrence O'Donnell, The Breakfast Club, Vogue Magazine, Time Magazine, Meet The Press. 

But sure you go ahead and take credit for Pete Buttigieg's campaign.  You think he raised ALL that money off your little show? 

Boo fucking hoo. 

True, but once all the other shows realized that Mayor Pete was on the prestigious Morning Joe show, hey realized how popular he would be.

Joe is a thought leader & gave the green light for Pete to appear on the other shows:)

• LOL 3
16 minutes ago, oakville said:

I'm worried too but for other reasons.

13 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was upset that Jeb Bush performed poorly in the debates.

Why the hell are we taking a trip in the way back machine?

• Love 3

re: the Politico article discussed by Mika at the top of the show, "Dear Democrats, Here's How to Guarantee Trump's Reelection."

I read the article and couldn't find anything I disagree with.   It's encapsulates everything that makes me nuts about Democrats at the moment.   The scary thing is, they can't see it themselves.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, stormy said:

Mika was visibley shaken by the father/daughter picture. It's disgusting that the panel thinks this is the only thing that might move trump.

As horrifying as that picture is, I can't help but wonder how long before it's called a "hoax" by those who don't believe the  migrants'  tragedies (or just don't care) unfolding everyday?? Truly heartbreaking.

9 hours ago, millennium said:

re: the Politico article discussed by Mika at the top of the show, "Dear Democrats, Here's How to Guarantee Trump's Reelection."

I read the article and couldn't find anything I disagree with.   It's encapsulates everything that makes me nuts about Democrats at the moment.   The scary thing is, they can't see it themselves.

Joe's recent talking points have made it clear that Trump is doomed in all the battleground states. Joe said Trump was at 31% in Ohio, so there is nothing to worry about.:)

Joe believes that as long as Democrats follow his strategy of appealing to disgruntled GOP cable hosts they will sweep to victory. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe believes that as long as Democrats follow his strategy of appealing to disgruntled GOP cable hosts they will sweep to victory. 

This is excellent, good one Oakville and thanks for the well timed laugh as I really needed one!

• Love 1

Thursday Recap. Mika & Joe are in Miami. Joe is wearing his Morning Joe sweatshirt.

The sound was horrible for the first 30 seconds of Mika's intro.

Joe wasted his intro talking about Vanderbilt University winning  baseball championship.

Joe thought it was strange that Democrats didn't attack Biden or Trump & focused on issues.

Joe is worried about Medicare for All. It will increase taxes on the wealthy & reduce access for VIP patients like himself.

Heilmann was happy with Warren's performance.

Mika was excited that Warren knows her value. She was happy that she was fighting on the stage.

Adrienne looks like a younger Mika.

Eddie Glaude like Castro's views on immigration. DeBlasio was thirsty.

Joe said that Castro & Booker did better than expected.

Joe wanted Democrats to focus on the AP Photo of the dead migrants.

Joe had difficulty with the word anomaly.

• LOL 1

I tuned in to hear "Warren," "strong on policy," and in a 10 second stretch, "political athlete" 4 times.  So I had won my Bullshit Political Buzzword Bingo game and I could turn it off.
Thanks for the expectedly paper thin debate analysis gang!  Not stunningly superficial, Zbig.  Expectedly superficial.  Comfortingly so.

Mika:  So, Joe.  Who was last night's POLITICAL ATHLETE?
Joe:  You know when you say POLITICAL ATHLETE you think of Reagan, certainly, Clinton, Obama, even Trump.  They're POLITICAL ATHLETES.  Last night's POLITICAL ATHLETE was Corey Booker, Liz Warren, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Remember when punditry shows took themselves seriously and had gravity and maturity?   The network, for the most part, is filled hour-to-hour with thoughtful minds examining matters to understand those matters and pass through improved understanding, or to showcase meaningful debate.  Not just belching nonsense to fill time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Why does Mika have a box under her stool?  Tell me that's not a step for her highness. She's 5'5" that's tall enough to sit on a bar stool without a boost. I  noticed Kasie didn't have one.  Or did she bring a box of her books to hand out to the crowd.  "Yeah we can just drop this off at Half Price Books when we get to the mall after this". 

I didn't watch the debate so I'm not interested in listening to Joe bloviate about what the Dems did wrong and what he'd do differently, and the few minutes I had it on Mika seemed to forget how microphones function and was screaming about Beto O'Rourke's wife "letting" him run for President.  

Out. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

As they went to commercial, caught Joe saying "I have to go to the bathroom.  Really bad".  Mika responded "I got you sweetie".  These two. 🙄

Don't watch this often any more but every single time I do I see that Joe is still finding a way to bring the convo back to his glory days in congress.  What a schmuck he is!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oakville.  Did you watch the debates?  I did not and will not tonight either.

I find your recap of today's show fascinating because the panel has all this wild criticism and advice for the candidates.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3
Just now, stormy said:

Oakville.  Did you watch the debates?  I did not and will not tonight either.

I find your recap of today's show fascinating because the panel has all this wild criticism and advice for the candidates.

Keep up the good work!

I did watch the debate. I found it interesting. They haven't discussed Booker,Castro & Beto speaking in Spanish yet.

Joe is bragging about his debates in Pensacola when there were 11 candidates. I doubt they were covered on tv though.

Joe compared Democratic aides to Austin Powers.

Joe wants Bernie to go after Biden.

Kasie is worried about Medicare for All. They want to eliminate private insurance.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I tuned in to hear "Warren," "strong on policy," and in a 10 second stretch, "political athlete" 4 times.  So I had won my Bullshit Political Buzzword Bingo game and I could turn it off.
Thanks for the expectedly paper thin debate analysis gang!  Not stunningly superficial, Zbig.  Expectedly superficial.  Comfortingly so.

Mika:  So, Joe.  Who was last night's POLITICAL ATHLETE?
Joe:  You know when you say POLITICAL ATHLETE you think of Reagan, certainly, Clinton, Obama, even Trump.  They're POLITICAL ATHLETES.  Last night's POLITICAL ATHLETE was Corey Booker, Liz Warren, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Remember when punditry shows took themselves seriously and had gravity and maturity?   The network, for the most part, is filled hour-to-hour with thoughtful minds examining matters to understand those matters and pass through improved understanding, or to showcase meaningful debate.  Not just belching nonsense to fill time.

I don't think Mika or Joe did much prep work analyzing the debate.

Mika is busy getting ready for her book signing tonight. Tickets cost $17 and are sold out. It includes a book

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said that Warren will be haunted for supporting Medicare for All.

I wonder if anything or anyone haunts Joe, the ghost of a person who died mysteriously. 

As they went to commercial, caught Joe saying "I have to go to the bathroom.  Really bad".  Mika responded "I got you sweetie".  These two. 🙄

FFS Joe just say, Excuse me I'll be right back. You aren't 5 years old, you don't have to tell Mommy you have to peepee. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Tickets cost $17 and are sold out. It includes a book

Yeah but they forgot to mention the venue seats 10 people.  And the tix were sold to her entourage. 

The book is less than $9 at Barnes & Noble, and $12 something on Amazon, it's already in paperback.   Did they not even do a hard copy run first? It's only been out a month. 

It was originally priced at $16.99 on the release date May 7, 2019. In 6 weeks it's reduced to 50% off. 

I wonder what her advance was.  Hope she didn't spend it all she may have to pay the publisher back. 

• LOL 4
6 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Yeah but they forgot to mention the venue seats 10 people.  And the tix were sold to her entourage. 

The book is less than $9 at Barnes & Noble, and $12 something on Amazon, it's already in paperback.   Did they not even do a hard copy run first? It's only been out a month. 

It was originally priced at $16.99 on the release date May 7, 2019. In 6 weeks it's reduced to 50% off. 

I wonder what her advance was.  Hope she didn't spend it all she may have to pay the publisher back. 

10 people? That's a very small venue for someone of Mika's stature. Why bother selling tickets?

• Love 2

I knew this trip to the debate would be fodder for some pretty good morning laughs.

I wonder how much they'll rehash this morning's facile talking points tomorrow, and instead talk about Mika's shaminar.

"Julian Castro?  POLITICAL ATHLETE! You know Joe, there were some know your value athletes at my event last night like one lady I met, Carnegie Rothschild, who after getting her degree from Wharton, 5th in her family to do so, she ran IBM and knew her value enough to drop out of the rat race and moved here to Fort Lauderdale and now runs the most successful ladies who lounge loungewear boutique in South Florida.  She's such an inspiration.  I'm glad my message is getting through."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe said that people came up to him last week and said they would never vote for Elizabeth Warren. This week they are coming up to Joe and saying they will never vote for Bernie Sanders.

Who are these people?

Joe & Kasie really hate Bernie Sanders.

I bet that Bernie has refused to allow Joe's band to perform at his inauguration.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe & Kasie really hate Bernie Sanders

I know why they don't like him, political differences, I saw the footage of Kasie talking to Sanders yesterday.  I understand why she's not really feeling the Bern this morning.  

Don't want to go into it re the no politics procedure. 

• Love 3

The third hour is live.Mika & Joe must get overtime pay.

Alicia Menendez & Al Sharpton & Andrea Mitchell joined the panel.

Alicia said it was OK to speak Spanish to reach out to viewers on Telemundo.

Joe is discussing his in depth investigation into Trump's Q rating with African Americans & Hispanics. It's much higher than with whites.

Joe said Trump helped the GOP win a Senate Seat & the Governship.

• Love 1

Sharpton said the latte liberals should stop talking to each other. They are not focused on helping lower class voters.Sharpton said liberals know too many polysabolic words.

Andrea is worried about Iran no longer having to contain nuclear weapons because Trump backed out of the deal.

Andrea is worried about Trump talking to Putin in private.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, oakville said:

Sharpton said the latte liberals should stop talking to each other. They are not focused on helping lower class voters.Sharpton said liberals know too many polysabolic words.

Like "Tawana Brawley?"

• Love 5