Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Heileman I believe, thinks Donny is a douchebag. 

Heilemann does not suffer fools gladly. (And if he plans on keeping that scruff on his chin and jaw like he had today it's over between us.)

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3

ALL OF US ARE!!!! oakville has been recapping MJ for 10 years and now has high blood pressure.  I have been faithfully listening to MSNBC for 5 years and I have mostly stopped.  Mika and Joe talk about the same thing over and over but there is no way out of this until Nov 2020 or 2024.  Them grinding on Trump day by day is making ZERO difference whatsoever.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

? it’s probably vodka infused. 

Today's show was infused with a bit of That Morning. Like we were up too late, we partied too heartily, but we're here. It was like they Just Said No to fewer rounds of refreshments than last time, and Mika's hair didn't arouse the housemother's suspicions this morning, but they were residually fueled up. On something. That brings out the worst in Joe.  Poor Willie. Please write a book someday.

• Love 2

Why, oh why, don't members of the Press Corp push back when that rude, clueless, can only read from a card, Huckabee, treats them so badly. She remarked to one reported something to the effect that he could only understand short sentences, or something similar. She is condescending and such a sourpuss.  Her phony "Christian" minister dad is the only reason she got the job. I loathe her. Just once would I like to see a reporter say to her, " You can't speak to me like that and we all know how much you lie". Is that asking too much??? I guess the "Separation of Church and State" concept is quickly losing out to the "Let's quote the bible" ....Sessions' interpretation of the law. And what the hell is wrong with the FBE (fat bald eagle) Guiliani? It's dangerous to use the word "assassinate"  when there are so many gun loving republican loonies who would possible try to injure James Comey. He's dangerous throwing around ideas like that, and he should be stopped. Oh, I know, "freedom of speech", but saying Trump could assassinate Comey and get away with it is instigating violence against another person, isn't it??  

• Love 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, cecelia45 said:

hy, oh why, don't members of the Press Corp push back when that rude, clueless, can only read from a card, Huckabee, treats them so badly. She remarked to one reported something to the effect that he could only understand short sentences, or something similar. She is condescending and such a sourpuss.  Her phony "Christian" minister dad is the only reason she got the job. I loathe her. Just once would I like to see a reporter say to her, " You can't speak to me like that and we all know how much you lie". Is that asking too much??? I guess the "Separation of Church and State" concept is quickly losing out to the "Let's quote the bible" ....Sessions' interpretation of the law. And what the hell is wrong with the FBE (fat bald eagle) Guiliani? It's dangerous to use the word "assassinate"  when there are so many gun loving republican loonies who would possible try to injure James Comey. He's dangerous throwing around ideas like that, and he should be stopped. Oh, I know, "freedom of speech", but saying Trump could assassinate Comey and get away with it is instigating violence against another person, isn't it??  

The reporter from Playboy, and Jim Acosta, got into it with her.    The Playboy guy was really pissed and said "you have children!! Do you have no empathy for these people?!?!"   She insulted Acosta, as usual with, "I know you don't understand big words" or something like that. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, suomi said:

Today's show was infused with a bit of That Morning. Like we were up too late, we partied too heartily, but we're here. It was like they Just Said No to fewer rounds of refreshments than last time, and Mika's hair didn't arouse the housemother's suspicions this morning, but they were residually fueled up. On something. That brings out the worst in Joe.  Poor Willie. Please write a book someday.

I got the vibe there was an all nighter... but not in the good way. 

50 minutes ago, arejay said:

I think Donny may have had a thing WITH Mika.  Once a cheater and all that.......

Oh god. What an image. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

The reporter from Playboy, and Jim Acosta, got into it with her.    The Playboy guy was really pissed and said "you have children!! Do you have no empathy for these people?!?!"   She insulted Acosta, as usual with, "I know you don't understand big words" or something like that. 

Edited 2 hours ago by teddysmom.

That's good to know! Honestly I can never stand to watch a Press Conference from start to finish. I find myself yelling at the reporters to respect themselves and not let Huckabee get away with her B.S. These last 2 days have really upset me. So LOTUS wants "his people" to act like the North Koreans? Get the gulags ready if he isn't stopped soon. Oh, and somebody please tell Congress their days would be numbered if wannbe dictator gets his way. Maybe then they'll wake up and stop this nightmare???? No, probably not. They're scared to death of those holy Evangelicals.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 1:43 PM, Landsnark said:

Can we discuss her outfit?
I guess we're grilling at a pool party on the Cape?
She doesn't have to be a Fox News bimbo in a bodycon cocktail dress with Instagrammable hair extensions, but c'mon Mika. 

Why am I getting vibes that Joe picks out her outfits to deliberately make her look as dull as dishwater?  Sort of like a Scarborough version of a burka so no other man could possibly entertain thoughts of lust in his heart.  As if. 

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oakville, please take care of yourself as high BP is nothing to mess with (but I am not sure your choice of reading material will help either!).

Here is Joe's rant/assault on his eyewear/a stack of innocent documents:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-slams-giuliani-for-using-ig-report-to-undermine-mueller-i-dont-believe-theres-anyone-that-stupid/

I have been under a lot of stress at work this year , so i was prescribed pills this week. I am taking it easy this summer reading some books by the pool. I am tired of Morning Joe. I prefer Morning look which airs before Joe.

3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

ALL OF US ARE!!!! oakville has been recapping MJ for 10 years and now has high blood pressure.  I have been faithfully listening to MSNBC for 5 years and I have mostly stopped.  Mika and Joe talk about the same thing over and over but there is no way out of this until Nov 2020 or 2024.  Them grinding on Trump day by day is making ZERO difference whatsoever.

To be fair, it’s not all Joe’s fault:). It’s just the same show over & over etc. The recaps are the same everyday. I think the show should get more interesting after Labor Day

• Love 2

I'm so confused. I tuned into MJ this morning and caught Joe's extended rant about how Comey "cost Hillary Clinton the election."

But...but..I thought she was the "worst candidate in the history of presidential campaigns!" That's what he's been telling us since November 2016!

Choose a side, Joe.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Why am I getting vibes that Joe picks out her outfits to deliberately make her look as dull as dishwater?  Sort of like a Scarborough version of a burka so no other man could possibly entertain thoughts of lust in his heart.  As if. 

I've had this thought too. He seems controlling enough.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

In their defense, the reason they're talking about the same shit every day is because every day brings more of the same shit.   I find myself agreeing with misty-eyed Mika these last couple days, something is in the air and it's dangerous.   

On another note, I hate it when Scarborough finds it necessary to let on about how wealthy they all are, i.e., Donny's $400 million (whether he has that much or not).   It shows he has no class and zero respect for the audience.  

• Love 6
17 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Did anyone else laugh at this bunker malfunction? Gah, that face so needs his glasses.

giphy.gif

I would say I recoiled in horror when I saw this. 

• Love 2
On 2018-06-15 at 11:21 AM, arejay said:

I think Donny may have had a thing WITH Mika.  Once a cheater and all that.......

He woke up in bed with Mika during the morning joe promo a few years ago. 

He also asked Mika to be a guest star on his sitcom , Donnie! . I think he had an affair with her on the episode.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, millennium said:

In their defense, the reason they're talking about the same shit every day is because every day brings more of the same shit.   I find myself agreeing with misty-eyed Mika these last couple days, something is in the air and it's dangerous.   

On another note, I hate it when Scarborough finds it necessary to let on about how wealthy they all are, i.e., Donny's $400 million (whether he has that much or not).   It shows he has no class and zero respect for the audience.  

Joe needs ratings to stay strong so he can get a contract extension. It would be hilarious if he & Mika get away with it despite not showing up for work.

I am too burnt out from recapping the same nonsense every day. I am tuning out all political shows these days.

I am resting by the pool these days.

23 hours ago, Eliot said:

I'm so confused. I tuned into MJ this morning and caught Joe's extended rant about how Comey "cost Hillary Clinton the election."

But...but..I thought she was the "worst candidate in the history of presidential campaigns!" That's what he's been telling us since November 2016!

Choose a side, Joe.

That’s the problem with Joe. He tried to have it both ways.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, stormy said:

If you mean Pensacola, no. Is that where Joe's from? We moved to Sanibel from Minneapolis earlier this year

I actually have no idea, ha. Joe seems to be from everywhere, but one of those wheres is somewhere in Florida. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

A special Fathers Day glimpse into the intersection of Mika’s self-esteem issues and daddy issues. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-brzezinski-how-my-father-s-passion-education-inspired-dinner-ncna883776

Oh.  My.  God.  What on God's green earth possessed her to write this article?  I WASN'T EASY TO EDUCATE (not that I am going to argue that point as clearly that is mission accomplished).  Litigating the wrongs that you feel have been done to you when you were younger is just not a good idea Meeks.  We all have them but the majority of us are not paid millions to bore people to death in the morning (and also have great healthcare).

"Still, it made me grow up to be a resilient badass." . . . . wtf? . . . well, ok if you say so . . . you vacuous boob.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh.  My.  God.  What on God's green earth possessed her to write this article?  I WASN'T EASY TO EDUCATE (not that I am going to argue that point as clearly that is mission accomplished).  Litigating the wrongs that you feel have been done to you when you were younger is just not a good idea Meeks.  We all have them but the majority of us are not paid millions to bore people to death in the morning (and also have great healthcare).

"Still, it made me grow up to be a resilient badass." . . . . wtf? . . . well, ok if you say so . . . you vacuous boob.

The section on her father writing her Fancy Girls School application is a real Know Your Value womens/girls empowerment moment. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

The section on her father writing her Fancy Girls School application is a real Know Your Value womens/girls empowerment moment. 

Jesus.  This is where we are so veering off the path of normalcy that this bottle blonde born on third base thinks she has somehow been slighted.  

Good lord.

• Love 2

Joe is off today so Mika is going it alone. The strong co-hosts usually at her side - Geist, Heileman, Kay, Wallace - are missing. Mika is struggling to formulate questions and even thoughts. I turned it on to see the latest from Jacob Soboroff on the border, but had to change the channel. She’s just hard to watch. And, she’s already dropped in that Ivanka asked for her help on setting up a wonen’s platform in the WH. Why is she proud of that? She’s just too hard to watch. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm laughing.   Mika explained, "Joe has the morning off but we will be hearing from him in tweets."

It's kinda like he's trolling the viewers. "So you don't like me being holed up in the bunker, eh?  Well maybe I won't come in at all!  Maybe I'll just tweet.  How do you like them apples?"  

Edited by millennium
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, XOQueens said:

A special Fathers Day glimpse into the intersection of Mika’s self-esteem issues and daddy issues. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-brzezinski-how-my-father-s-passion-education-inspired-dinner-ncna883776

Oh.My.God.  Is Meeks the most delusional unself-aware woman on earth?  There is so much to unpack in that article.  I have to re-read and digest before i comment further.  What I will say right now is that her blind adoration of, and kow-towing to, Joe is somewhat explainable now.  It's what she knows.  It may be all she knows.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm laughing.   Mika explained, "Joe has the morning off but we will be hearing from him in tweets."

It's kinda like he's trolling the viewers. "So you don't like me being holed up in the bunker, eh?  Well maybe I won't come in at all!  Maybe I'll just tweet.  How do you like them apples?"  

Agreed! It’s a new low for Morning Joe!

• Love 1

Joe is like the Max Headroom character from the 1980s trivia show..

mika was wearing her librarian cardigan this morning. 

Elise Jordan got her talking point in.

She is frustrated with GOP. Do something about it Elise rather than whining about it .

• Love 3

Am I a monster that rather than being outraged over the immigrant children-warehousing, I just see it as the Administration going "Don't look here--look over there!"  A way to lessen the reporting on his campaign's misdeeds.

• Love 3

So......Joe had the morning "off".   I guess those three or four days last week when he had to actually drag his ass onto the set were just too hard on his system.  Apparently it's beyond  his ability to cope with being chauffeur driven from CT into NYC, to then sit in a (I'm sure ergonomically designed) chair for three whole hours and then be chauffered back home.  The horrors!  

I wonder if he and Meeks see the handwriting on the wall and they're just milking the waning hours of MJ for all the money they can wring out of it without actually showing up for work. 

• Love 4
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

So......Joe had the morning "off".   I guess those three or four days last week when he had to actually drag his ass onto the set were just too hard on his system.  Apparently it's beyond  his ability to cope with being chauffeur driven from CT into NYC, to then sit in a (I'm sure ergonomically designed) chair for three whole hours and then be chauffered back home.  The horrors!  

I wonder if he and Meeks see the handwriting on the wall and they're just milking the waning hours of MJ for all the money they can wring out of it without actually showing up for work. 

It had to be two days on set, max. Lol. 

I wonder if there’s trouble in paradise. They’ve been engaged over a year and don’t even live together?

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 4

Is Meeka growing her hair out?  Length, not color.  This morning her makeup looked caked on...eyes, foundation, etc.

Don't these two ever take a continuous week off?  Together?  We never get two temporary hosts on any day...do we?  They pop in and out; so one of them always seem to be present.  Present as in on camera...not on the actual set of their (his) own show.  Are they afraid to have different hosts for an entire week?  Maybe the ratings would go up or stay the same; no different.  And that might be the kiss of death - if neither are there and it does not impact the ratings in a bad way.  Geez, you two, take a relaxing vacation together - it's not like we don't know you are a couple.  And think of the break the rest of us would get - other hosts to snark on.  Or not.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Is Meeka growing her hair out?  Length, not color.  This morning her makeup looked caked on...eyes, foundation, etc.

Don't these two ever take a continuous week off?  Together?  We never get two temporary hosts on any day...do we?  They pop in and out; so one of them always seem to be present.  Present as in on camera...not on the actual set of their (his) own show.  Are they afraid to have different hosts for an entire week?  Maybe the ratings would go up or stay the same; no different.  And that might be the kiss of death - if neither are there and it does not impact the ratings in a bad way.  Geez, you two, take a relaxing vacation together - it's not like we don't know you are a couple.  And think of the break the rest of us would get - other hosts to snark on.  Or not.

Maybe if this wedding ever takes place, they will go on a honeymoon together?

Edited by cased
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, cased said:

One will go on the honeymoon, the other will Skype into the frame. 

I don't think they were both on set more than two days last week, if that.  

Enjoy the poolside, Oakville!  Didn't know you had pools up there, just thought there were frigid natural bodies of water. 

canada flag.png

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Resilient - able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult condition

Bad Ass  -a tough, uncompromising, or intimidating person

Mika, when people feel they can cross you, but think twice because they remember who they're fucking with.  Then you're a bad ass. 

And you, my dear, are no bad ass. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, cased said:

It would be hilarious if they announced that Mika & Joe were on honeymoon together but Joe broadcast from the Honeymoon Bunker.:))

• Love 2
(edited)

I would like to comment on something La Mika said this morning that I happen to agree with.   I'm paraphrasing, but she urged reporters to take a more serious approach to everything that's going on right now.    While she herself is guilty of what I'm about to say, it's becoming more and more prevalent that reporters are chummy with Trump's defenders.   Chris Cuomo professes to be friends with Kellyanne Conway and often addresses his Trump-supporting guests as "brother," often adding that they know each other offscreen.   I watched Katy Tur "confront" Jim Jordan last week about Trump's habitual lies, and while she did put on her "big girl" glasses for the interview, she spent so much time giggling at his evasiveness that it came off like a schoolgirl interviewing the high school football star about which cheerleader he likes best.  Jordan, who should have been sweating, seemed to love every minute of it.

These people are having an undeniable impact on our present lives and our future.   The press is the only thing protection we have to check their self-serving schemes.   But many in the press seem intoxicated by the carnival atmosphere of all this and sometimes it seems to me they are not doing their jobs, or at the very least are allowing many of the Trumpists to wriggle off the hook unscathed (which of course brings us back to Morning Joe which actually helped the biggest fish in the pond to get away scot-free). 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

It's almost as if Michelle Wolf was right and they're all, gasp, loving the $$$ they get from increased ratings as everyone tunes in to the shit show. 

On second thought, maybe carnival atmosphere was not the right imagery.    The giddiness is more akin to a gold rush.

• Love 3

Every once in awhile something on this show saves my sanity. Like when Dr Z was talking about participating in the Nobel Peace Prize Forum in Oslo and he turned to Joey and said "It is in Norway." Although "stunningly superficial" will always be #1, "Norway" ranks right up there and remembering that was my one laugh during this migrant child shitty day.

And now, La Mika is claiming that she and her bros were "full-throated" contributors to political discussions when they were 5, 7 and 8-years-old.

It's official, the Brzezinskis have swept the board!

• Love 3

The good news:  Meeks looks brighter today (although she still looks like she's dressing out of a suitcase).

The bad news:  She could barely vomit out "Joe's off" adding "Willie and I are here" and throwing in an eye roll.

Ringwatch begins in 3....2...1......

• Love 4