Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

This!  They all act like "we can't believe Trump isn't comporting himself as a POTUS should".  

Joe & Mika, two peas in the idiot pod, fell for it hook line and sinker. 

What about Donald Trump made ANYONE with a functioning brain think he wouldn't surround himself with the worst people he could find, and that they all wouldn't  take advantage of everything they could to enrich themselves on the taxpayer's dime?   

He's a criminal, they're all criminals, and not even very smart ones.  Nothing the DC press doesn't love more than uncovering scandals surrounding an Administration.  

Maybe Joe & Mika are shocked because they're just as stupid, thinking their affair was a big secret no one knew about.  

I think that the Trump candidacy & Presidency has exposed the lack of solid reporting skills of the pundit class. I would love it if someone played snippets of Mika & Joe & other pundits on this show fawning all over Trump in 2015 & 2016. They look like fools cackling at Trumps jokes. Now they act all frightened by Trumps antics.

I am happy to report that Morning Joe’s ratings dropped below 1 million viewers for the first time in a couple of weeks.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, oakville said:

I am happy to report that Morning Joe’s ratings dropped below 1 million viewers for the first time in a couple of weeks.

And here I thought the Dark Chocolate Milanos that they woman who is helping me with my taxes gave me was the highlight of my day . . . seriously, I don't wish bad ratings on the show as clearly there are a lot of behind the scenes folks that work very hard to make these two look even semi-coherent but maybe this will force MSNBC to either force them to work for their salaries like normal people or promote the strong stable of talent they have and would hit the ground running.  And speaking in complete, non-rambling sentences.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I don't wish bad ratings on the show as clearly there are a lot of behind the scenes folks that work very hard to make these two look even semi-coherent but maybe this will force MSNBC to either force them to work for their salaries like normal people or promote the strong stable of talent they have and would hit the ground running

If the ratings are dropping more then likely they'll get new hosts, and the behind the scenes people would keep their jobs.  

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

If the ratings are dropping more then likely they'll get new hosts, and the behind the scenes people would keep their jobs.  

I don't think Joe and Mika will be fired per se, but since their contract is up this year, I can see one of two things happening:

1) Joe and Mika could decide that they have had enough of getting up early every morning, and they could decide to leave the show and do something else

2) Joe and Mika could ask for more money than MSNBC is willing to pay, and they would leave after not being able to agree to a new contract.

Either way, I think there is about a 25% chance that this could be the last year of Morning Joe.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

He's a criminal, they're all criminals, and not even very smart ones. 

Yet when Scarborough discusses Trump's business stunts, such as hiring contractors, then refusing to pay them, or offering to pay only ten cents on the dollar, it is almost without disapproval.  Instead the tone is "ain't that sumpthin?" or "that wascally Trump."   Like it is an accepted practice in the business world, perhaps frowned upon but legitimate.   

2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Clearly not show prep.  Or taking classes in eyeliner school.

I could use a semester there myself.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, millennium said:

I could use a semester there myself.

? Same. I'll let you know if I find a Groupon. I have the same waterline issue as Mika and don't know what else to do about that besides an ashtray of a smokey eye. ?‍♀️

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I'm part of that trend.   I have switched off sooner in these past two weeks than at any point since last summer.   Chalk it up to the unreliable hosting, the same topics day in-day out, less Kasey, and probably many of us entering the acceptance stage of grieving for our lives and our country.   What's the point of tuning in to hear about Trump's fuckups?   No matter what he does, nothing changes.   Do Democrats even exist anymore?   The silence from the other side of the aisle would suggest not.   Even the hosts of this show no longer get worked up about the downward spiral.   Four years feels like a lifetime.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, millennium said:

I'm part of that trend.   I have switched off sooner in these past two weeks than at any point since last summer.   Chalk it up to the unreliable hosting, the same topics day in-day out, less Kasey, and probably many of us entering the acceptance stage of grieving for our lives and our country.   What's the point of tuning in to hear about Trump's fuckups?   No matter what he does, nothing changes.   Do Democrats even exist anymore?   The silence from the other side of the aisle would suggest not.   Even the hosts of this show no longer get worked up about the downward spiral.   Four years feels like a lifetime.

Democrats exist, the problem is there's nothing they can do in Congress until they get a majority in either House. But local and State elections are showing that Dems are staging a huge comeback.  Even Scott Walker is pissing his pants about a Dem being elected to the State Supreme Court. 

The evening shows feature a lot more Dems, and have actual substantial talks.  Chris Hayes, O'Donnell, and BriWi are all pretty good at it. BriWi has a huge man crush on Clint Watts. He was swooning over his editorial last night.   Clint looked much happier at 11 pm than he does at 6:30 am, for some odd reason. wink wink 

It was almost insulting to me to listen to them talk about MLK Jr this morning just for the couple minutes  I had it on.  Joe is such a phony when it comes to praising anything liberal. You know it's killing him to not bad mouth anyone who isn't a straight up conservative.  If Mika wasn't sitting there digging her nails into his thigh, he'd probably bring up King's cheating on his wife, the FBI files on him, etc. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

? Same. I'll let you know if I find a Groupon. I have the same waterline issue as Mika and don't know what else to do about that besides an ashtray of a smokey eye. ?‍♀️

Ah millenium and xoqueens, I was lucky to hit my eye liner stride in the halcyon days of Lancome's first felt tipped eyeliner.  Groundbreaking at the time.  I literally bought out the entire stock at Marshall Field's when they told me it was being discontinued . . . hee!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Yet when Scarborough discusses Trump's business stunts, such as hiring contractors, then refusing to pay them, or offering to pay only ten cents on the dollar, it is almost without disapproval.  Instead the tone is "ain't that sumpthin?" or "that wascally Trump."   Like it is an accepted practice in the business world, perhaps frowned upon but legitimate.  

Yep and same thing with Fake News!  Trump is used to dealing with the National Inquirer and the NY Post and is furious he can't control the MSM.  As MJ have some experience with these folks as well they could be useful in bringing that point forward.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Yep and same thing with Fake News!  Trump is used to dealing with the National Inquirer and the NY Post and is furious he can't control the MS

I said this from day one. The DC press would be so far up his ass he would rue the day he was born. He isn't used to anyone but gossip rags that he could control with his bullshit.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I said this from day one. The DC press would be so far up his ass he would rue the day he was born. He isn't used to anyone but gossip rags that he could control with his bullshit.

I wish I could find the article that highlighted that Halperin was the first of the journalists to cross the line between reporter and . . . well . . . you know.  The article came out right after his other "issues" were spilling out like Niagra Falls and it so fit in with his smug (read insider) posture.  No wonder MJ were such a strong defender of him when the crap hit the fan.

eta:  Yikes they better batten down the hatches as their pals the Guiliani's just filed for a contested divorce and get this "hope that people will respect the privacy of our children at this time.”   Take good notes MJ as I have a feeling you are heading down the same path.  Don't try and shield yourself behind children that are not common to the relationship.  How sleazy can you get?

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

eta:  Yikes they better batten down the hatches as their pals the Guiliani's just filed for a contested divorce and get this "hope that people will respect the privacy of our children at this time.”   Take good notes MJ as I have a feeling you are heading down the same path.  Don't try and shield yourself behind children that are not common to the relationship.  How sleazy can you get?

Three up, three down. Maybe Mika will invite Chris Christie on the show to talk about it. That's always weird. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

And here I thought the Dark Chocolate Milanos that they woman who is helping me with my taxes gave me was the highlight of my day . . . seriously, I don't wish bad ratings on the show as clearly there are a lot of behind the scenes folks that work very hard to make these two look even semi-coherent but maybe this will force MSNBC to either force them to work for their salaries like normal people or promote the strong stable of talent they have and would hit the ground running.  And speaking in complete, non-rambling sentences.

I got up early today & watched part of yesterday's show . The interview with Stavridis was good. I like the charts showing illegal crossings into the USA is down to 300K from 1.6M.  In Canada, illegal crossings from the USA are increasing. There is a loophole that allows refugees who were originally accepted into the USA to come to Canada to have their claims processed. It's very unusual for Canada because if the refugees cross at a border crossing, they are immediately sent back to the USA. The loophole is that the refugees has to cross the border from a non border post like a field . It's risky since you can get hurt crossing through the snow. Essentially the refugees from the USA are upset at Trump , so they show up in Canada.

I do hope that ratings drop to the point that Mika & Joe decide to go back to hosting he show together or that new hosts show up. MSNBC has plenty of young talent like Kasie! that could do a much better job.

Thursday Recap. Joe is in the bunker wearing a striped blue suit with royal blue tie. Katty is promoting a book about teen girls. Meacham is in another library. Wilie is in NY. Mika is off but will be back tomorrow.

They are discussing the border wall. Joe is not wearing any glasses. Joe is repeating yesterday's talking points. Illegal border crossings are down from Mexico.

They are now making fun of Trump saying he was tough on Russia & McMaster saying Russia is creating havoc.

I don't like the Bunker Joe shows, so I will switch to CNN for 20 minutes.

• Love 4

Poor Willie, the two times I tuned in this morning each time his face was on a split screen with Joe who was rambling away about who is going to stop Trump and in each shot Willie had one of those WTF expressions.  He even pushed back the second time and told Joe we have been talking about this for a year and a half now and I don't see things changing.  Poor thing, his ears are probably bleeding at this point.

• Love 6
(edited)

Somebody updated Katty's hair and makeup.  Elise yesterday, Katty today ... I think there must be a new cosmetologist on staff.

Which reminds me: the other day I saw an article about Stephen Hawking's death.   The writer identified Hawking as one of the world's leading cosmetologists.  

Maybe he could have figured out the quantum mechanics of my eyeliner?

(Or do you think the writer meant cosmologist?) 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 11

Poor Steve Schmidt is going to doze off before Joe finally fires off his actual question . . . 

3 minutes ago, millennium said:

Somebody updated Katty's hair and makeup.  Elise yesterday, Katty today ... I think there must be a new cosmetologist on staff.

Which reminds me: the other day I saw an article about Stephen Hawking's death.   The writer identified Hawking as one of the world's leading cosmetologists.  (Do you think he/she meant cosmologist?) 

Oh thank you for this laugh first thing in the morning as I really needed it.  Here is the tweet from Hawking about that question (what a gift that man was):

https://twitter.com/steph_hawk42/status/770657160120238081

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Poor Steve Schmidt is going to doze off before Joe finally fires off his actual question . . . 

LOL, I thought the same thing.    He looked frozen, then about the 2:30 mark started glancing toward the exit.

• Love 3

Joe mentioned that today is the Red Sox home opener, so I assume that he (and Mika?) are in Boston. 

I wonder how Joe gets these bunkers set up wherever he is.  

• Love 3

I think Carol Lee's determined to squeeze extra mileage from her Easter dress.

Thank you, Scarborough, for sticking in a pin in the lunacy of Dwayne Johnson running for President.   Steve Schmidt should be banished from the show for defending him as a serious contender.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Poor Willie, the two times I tuned in this morning each time his face was on a split screen with Joe who was rambling away about who is going to stop Trump and in each shot Willie had one of those WTF expressions.  He even pushed back the second time and told Joe we have been talking about this for a year and a half now and I don't see things changing.  Poor thing, his ears are probably bleeding at this point.

Joe is like a broken record. If he had any guts, he would quit Morning Joe & run for Congress or Senate. I doubt he will because he must realize that no voters in the GOP or Democratic Party would take him seriously.

10 minutes ago, millennium said:

I think Carol Lee's determined to squeeze extra mileage from her Easter dress.

Thank you, Scarborough, for sticking in a pin in the lunacy of Dwayne Johnson running for President.   Steve Schmidt should be banished from the show for defending him as a serious contender.

Steve Schmidt ran Gov Schwarzenegger campaign in California in 2006. I remember being in LA when he announced on Jay Leno’s show that he would run in 2003. 

Schmidt likes celebrity candidates

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is like a broken record. If he had any guts, he would quit Morning Joe & run for Congress or Senate. I doubt he will because he must realize that no voters in the GOP or Democratic Party would take him seriously.

Hee!  He's hauling in 12 mil a year being a total bore and only barely showing up for what can loosely be described as his job.  I swear he's got some stuff on Phil Griffin that he puts up with this crap performance (and his little blonde too).

• Love 3
17 hours ago, cased said:

I don't think Joe and Mika will be fired per se, but since their contract is up this year, I can see one of two things happening:

1) Joe and Mika could decide that they have had enough of getting up early every morning, and they could decide to leave the show and do something else

2) Joe and Mika could ask for more money than MSNBC is willing to pay, and they would leave after not being able to agree to a new contract.

Either way, I think there is about a 25% chance that this could be the last year of Morning Joe.

I hope they stick around till after the midterms. I can’t see this show lasting past 2020 election

Is there even a Morning Joe set anymore?  God, remember the coffee mugs and newspapers? The Starbucks, the guests around the table, the camaraderie ?  What an innocent time. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

I hope they stick around till after the midterms. I can’t see this show lasting past 2020 election

The next few months will be interesting.  Their ratings are starting to slip and CNN is retooling New Day.  The giggles I used to get from snarking on their show are rapidly losing their luster as I want real news/conversation/discussions not talking points and to use the phrase of the man whose NDA's are soon to be made public bloviating.

I mean you know it's bad when I will sit through a show with David Gregory . . . ick.

• Love 1

I missed the first part of Steve Schmidt's response but gave what I heard some thought. Someone with integrity who can learn would be a vast improvement over what we have now.  Who could be tapped from current government (state and federal)?  He has a good point there.  Would I want any of them as President?  I'm not supporting Dwayne Johnson just the idea of someone with integrity and who is good at making decisions, even in he face of no path being perfect.

• Love 2

I love Podhoretz.  Always a good time.

It was almost insulting to me to listen to them talk about MLK Jr this morning just for the couple minutes  I had it on.  Joe is such a phony when it comes to praising anything liberal. You know it's killing him to not bad mouth anyone who isn't a straight up conservative.  If Mika wasn't sitting there digging her nails into his thigh, he'd probably bring up King's cheating on his wife, the FBI files on him, etc.

I was waiting for the announcement that either Bill Clinton or Hillary Clinton's badly-run campaign were responsible for MLK's death.  

Is there even a Morning Joe set anymore?  God, remember the coffee mugs and newspapers? The Starbucks, the guests around the table, the camaraderie ?  What an innocent time. 

Either early this week or late last week they did that again!  I was taken aback, remembering the good ole days, coffee cups and shit laying around, Mika wearing a sleeveless sheath dress with bronzed legs!

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, madfortv said:

I missed the first part of Steve Schmidt's response but gave what I heard some thought. Someone with integrity who can learn would be a vast improvement over what we have now.  Who could be tapped from current government (state and federal)?  He has a good point there.  Would I want any of them as President?  I'm not supporting Dwayne Johnson just the idea of someone with integrity and who is good at making decisions, even in he face of no path being perfect.

I didn't catch all of it either madfortv but from what I saw/heard he was making the case that politics as we knew it is starting to implode and now people with fame and fortune are starting to suck up all the oxygen in the room.  I agree about Dwayne Johnson as he seems like a genuinely good person but then again so did Tiger Woods until Elin got a hold of one of his golf clubs.  I am more than skeptical of folks that enjoy MBS' generous hospitality and then come away singing his praises.  Clearly we are in a transition period here and who knows where we are going to end up and that's why it's so important to do your research before you vote.

17 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Either early this week or late last week they did that again!  I was taken aback, remembering the good ole days, coffee cups and shit laying around, Mika wearing a sleeveless sheath dress with bronzed legs!

Yes, see exactly!  This is what I miss.  Sitting around having coffee in your bathrobe discussing the morning news/papers . . . sigh.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, madfortv said:

I don't disagree with the need for integrity, but I am angered and repulsed by the (apparently) new system of thought that insists celebrities (pretty people who can emote and remember lines written by somebody else) with zero political experience should be determining the fate of the entire free world.   It's fucking madness and somebody should stand up and say so.   I thought Scarborough was way too nice with Schmidt and the lawn boy comparison.   He should have gone for the jugular because the more idiots like Schmidt are permitted to sit there and normalize this idea, the more entrenched it becomes.  

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

The next few months will be interesting.  Their ratings are starting to slip and CNN is retooling New Day.  The giggles I used to get from snarking on their show are rapidly losing their luster as I want real news/conversation/discussions not talking points and to use the phrase of the man whose NDA's are soon to be made public bloviating.

I mean you know it's bad when I will sit through a show with David Gregory . . . ick.

Why would CNN hire David Gregory? 

I don’t take him seriously.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I didn't catch all of it either madfortv but from what I saw/heard he was making the case that politics as we knew it is starting to implode and now people with fame and fortune are starting to suck up all the oxygen in the room.  I agree about Dwayne Johnson as he seems like a genuinely good person but then again so did Tiger Woods until Elin got a hold of one of his golf clubs. 

I would contend that a genuinely good person understands his limitations.   Johnson believing he should be President versus someone who has made a career of serving the American people as an elected official reeks of massive, all-consuming ego, and that doesn't bode well.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, millennium said:

The writer identified Hawking as one of the world's leading cosmetologists.  

Must be the same person at CNBC who put up a picture of Lisa Kudrow when it was announced Larry Kudlow was taking that Chief Economic Advisor job at the WH. 

Didn't notice in the comments, what was Mika's excuse this morning?  I only had it on for a few minutes, that show Mika doesn't know anything about was on my dvr calling me. Talk about turning it up to eleven. Who needs coffee when you can watch The Americans. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, teddysmom said:

Must be the same person at CNBC who put up a picture of Lisa Kudrow when it was announced Larry Kudlow was taking that Chief Economic Advisor job at the WH. 

Didn't notice in the comments, what was Mika's excuse this morning?  I only had it on for a few minutes, that show Mika doesn't know anything about was on my dvr calling me. Talk about turning it up to eleven. Who needs coffee when you can watch The Americans. 

"Look, Martha, Donald Trump has appointed Regina Phalange to his cabinet!"

You're watching The Americans, I'm watching season six of Homeland, lol.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Why would CNN hire David Gregory? 

I don’t take him seriously.

Oh Oakville you got me on that one my friend.  Every time I see him pop up my reaction is always WTF?  I know no one can ever compare to my beloved Tim Russert but Gregory is just a big, dumb hack.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika is off but will be back tomorrow.

You're kidding, right?  She's off again?!   This has got to be some kind of "family issue" (and I hope it's resolved, with the requisite happy ending) because she seriously is NOT there more often than she IS there.  Not that I miss her, or for that matter notice when she's gone, but she signed a contract; she deposits the checks.  The least she can do is show up more than 50% of the time. -----  For what it's worth, we lost power today (it's still out) and I   didn't watch much of the show till the generator was up and running.  Did I miss anything good?  I know:  Hahaha - "good".

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I love Podhoretz.  Always a good time.

Hee!  I know he can be an acquired taste but most of the time I find him endlessly amusing.  Every time I see him sitting there in his sweater and that little grin I just know some wicked snark is coming . . . :)

• Love 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, millennium said:

You're watching The Americans, I'm watching season six of Homeland, lol

They both feature women who are a little too dedicated to their jobs, to the point of self destruction.  This season (7) of Homeland is crazier than usual. 

Edited by teddysmom
1 hour ago, cased said:

Joe mentioned that today is the Red Sox home opener, so I assume that he (and Mika?) are in Boston. 

I wonder how Joe gets these bunkers set up wherever he is.  

Could very well be that. It's an afternoon game according to some guys I was talking to last night. I could easily Google that, but nah, can't be bothered. We'll find out, he won't go there without talking about it. 

55 minutes ago, novhappy said:

The good old days! This bunker bunch set up is horrible. I couldn't watch and turned it off. 

Seriously. Where is Mika? Did she dig deep, practice her 30 second pitch, dress for success, and then negotiate her contract to part time? I think she's only been on one full week for all of 2018. It's bad. If they're in Boston, I really don't get why they aren't in an actual studio together with some real live human guests with them. Boston is a major city, Joe, you can find studio space there.

10 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I laughed so hard when I saw that (sidenote - I'm watching Friends for the first time on Netflix; Ross is the worst). 

• Love 4
(edited)
33 minutes ago, millennium said:

I would contend that a genuinely good person understands his limitations.   Johnson believing he should be President versus someone who has made a career of serving the American people as an elected official reeks of massive, all-consuming ego, and that doesn't bode well.  

I agree but when many, many folks reach a level of fame/fortune they are so surrounded by people that tell them how great they are that they may lose pieces of their former selves (you know, like Joe and Mika).  I think they think they have the talent to "fix this" and they genuinely mean it and want to help (clearly not the current administration but you get where I'm going).  With all of the money that has been dumped into/corrupted the system I sometimes worry we will ever stabilize but then I am heartened by the tiny, singular wins that have been taking place, the veterans that are running and winning  and also the marches that hopefully will force legislatures to do their job. for the people and not special interests  If not, vote them out.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, millennium said:

I don't disagree with the need for integrity, but I am angered and repulsed by the (apparently) new system of thought that insists celebrities (pretty people who can emote and remember lines written by somebody else) with zero political experience should be determining the fate of the entire free world.   It's fucking madness and somebody should stand up and say so.   I thought Scarborough was way too nice with Schmidt and the lawn boy comparison.   He should have gone for the jugular because the more idiots like Schmidt are permitted to sit there and normalize this idea, the more entrenched it becomes.  

I am tired of celebrities thinking they can be President of the USA. It’s supposed to be a serious job.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

You're kidding, right?  She's off again?!   This has got to be some kind of "family issue" (and I hope it's resolved, with the requisite happy ending) because she seriously is NOT there more often than she IS there.  Not that I miss her, or for that matter notice when she's gone, but she signed a contract; she deposits the checks.  The least she can do is show up more than 50% of the time. -----  For what it's worth, we lost power today (it's still out) and I   didn't watch much of the show till the generator was up and running.  Did I miss anything good?  I know:  Hahaha - "good".

It's weird because she'll miss Morning Joe and then later that day post videos of herself on Know Your Value. Maybe she misses days when they can't resolve their fighting before 5:59. ;)

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

You are much kinder than me my friend.  I honestly don't care where either of them are anymore but as a person that worked a 50 hour plus job a week on top of 1 1/2 hour travel a day and took care of both of my parents until they passed these absences are for me gross.  I showed up everyday in addition to being called many times in the middle of the night for work for a mere slice of what these two are hauling down. 

Hope your power is back on soon ladyrain, Goodness you don't appreciate technology until you lose your juice!

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

When the lights go out here, so does the cable TV/internet.   Even with the generator, no outside access.

• Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Johnson calls himself "movie franchise Viagra".   I don't know what other franchise he's been in, but bringing him into Fast & Furious got it to the point where they're now making a ninth movie. He may be a nice guy, but anyone who say stuff like that has an ego that would make him believe he could be President. Sorry Dwayne, being POTUS isn't quite the same as starring in a stupid movie franchise that should have ended back about F&F 3. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4

Joe looked exhausted this morning running through the litany of trump's lies. 

Every time Joe  and company question when will republicans stand up to trump, it should be followed with trump leading the cheer when he told his "base" John Boehner had resigned.

I do believe Joe subconsciously was being racist but it'll be hard to make this stick, seeing as how  one of the biggest manufacturers of lawn mowers is called Lawn Boy. 

But yes, he was being racist.   And I never hear about people who mow lawns, whether it's the kid down the street or a professional company, being referred to as "lawn boys". It's mowing company, landscape company, or Kevin who mows our grass. 

• Love 4