Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

You shouldn't have turned it off because Donny, who has the actual cred to state this, said that TV ratings come only from people who watch it live, and nobody does that anymore unless they old white and working class (Well he didn't actually say that, but the implication was given)

Let's see what the ratings are a month from now. 

62 million voted for Trump, so less than 1/3 of them watched Roseanne.  

Joe I hate to break it to you, but Morning Joe is not, in any way shape or form the "front page" of a newspaper, while the MSNBC prime time shows are the editorial pages.

You haven't discussed breaking news in any depth for weeks. If we're talking MSNBC, then Rachel Maddow is the headline and story above the fold every single night. She goes more in depth on important stories, explaining them, breaking down the players and their history, etc than your little pea brain could handle. 

Morning Joe is the crappy ad papers that come in the mail that you throw out as soon as you get in the house. On a good day. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Joe:  So Richard Haas calls me late last night, it was very late at night

Mika:  I was wondering what he called about

(Dual smirks with a chagrined look from Haas)

GROSS.  Gross gross gross.  I do not want to hear about any of your evening activities period.

Just stop.

I still haven’t come to terms with the fact they, like, probably sometimes do it. 

I didn’t even bother watching this morning. It’s been so bad lately. 

• Love 6

Shows like today cause me to pause to check my biases.  I almost always agree with Podhoretz, and when I don't I see his perspective I still get where he's coming from.  But his take on "Roseanne" doesn't jive with my prejudices, so I recoiled a bit.  The show never appealed to me, it was obviously crassly pandering to lifestyles I am purposefully unfamiliar with.  As a comedian, her stand up is relatively funny and she's quick, but the show I didn't like.  He loved it, and every cast member said they did too.
Did any of you see it?
And when Podhoretz said it was a bellwether for Trump, I was screaming at him that it wasn't.  Then happily Donnie (he and I are in the same line of work, generally) popped his bubble and described why the premier was popular with those regions and demos.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 2

I watched the old show for a few seasons, but I would  not watch this new incarnation of it.   Roseanne disgusts me. She is an attention whore, and nothing more than that. Anybody remember what she was doing before she got on the Trump bandwagon? Yeah, that's what I thought.  She gets attention by being outrageous.   All those patriots who now love her must have forgotten her crotch grabbing while she sang the National Anthem.  

If Joe & Mika can't think of anything to talk about other than Michael Avennati and Roseanne, then why not get yourself a daytime talk show gig like Kelly & Ryan? 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I still haven’t come to terms with the fact they, like, probably sometimes do it. 

Even the thought of them sleeping in the same bed and waking up together is too much for me. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Stupid one-percenter Scarborough thinks people bringing personal lawsuits against Fox is the way to send them the message that their behavior is unacceptable.

A-hole apparently doesn't understand that to hire a lawyer you need MONEY.  Lots and lots of MONEY.   More than most people can put their hands on or can justify risking on a case as iffy and subjective as a defamation suit.   And the only lawyers who take on pro bono cases are licensed to practice on TELEVISION DRAMAS only.   If you have no money, you have no voice.   No legal standing.   If you have no money, lawyers don't want to talk to you.  Hell, sometimes even if you do have money they'll brush you off because your case isn't "sexy" enough and they might have to work too hard.

But in Scarborough Country, everyone just picks up the phone and calls fucking Matlock who saves the day.

This show is pretty unbearable this morning.   I quit New Day because of Alison Camerota's "Trump voter" panels.   Now this show is doing it too.  

That, and Scarborough's reprehensible defense of Laura Ingraham, i.e., "We all make mistakes.   She said she was sorry.  She even said in the spirit of Holy Week she apologizes."

What the hell does that mean?  In the spirit of Holy Week?   Like what, if it wasn't Holy Week she wouldn't apologize?   Scarborough called it sincere but when I heard that awful woman mention Holy Week, it seemed like just a desperate effort to ingratiate herself with the fundies.

The interview with the former Secretary of Veteran Affairs was painful and embarrassing.   Getting back to lawyers for a sec, what is the golden rule among lawyers?  Never ask a question you don't know the answer to.   Mika and the rest humiliated themselves trying to get that guy to trash-talk Trump, bending over backwards to make him concede something, anything, that they could spin into Trump being either intellectually or cognitively incompetent.   And it failed miserably.

In the spirit of being human, I wish everyone a Happy Easter or Passover.

Ingraham should know better than to mock an 18 year old for not getting into a prestigious college. I am going through this with my child who is anxiously awaiting to see if she will be accepted by the university that my wife & I went too. It's very frustrating to wait & wait to hear if you have been accepted into the college of your choice.

For the first time in 10 years, I am getting too annoyed to do detailed recaps. Normally, I would watch the entire show on  holiday & recap every guest.

Mika & Joe can't be bothered to show up on set together, so why should viewers care?

I am surprised that they bothered to even do a show today. I guess they wanted to avoid the fiasco over the Thanksgiving pre taped show.

23 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I watched the old show for a few seasons, but I would  not watch this new incarnation of it.   Roseanne disgusts me. She is an attention whore, and nothing more than that. Anybody remember what she was doing before she got on the Trump bandwagon? Yeah, that's what I thought.  She gets attention by being outrageous.   All those patriots who now love her must have forgotten her crotch grabbing while she sang the National Anthem.  

If Joe & Mika can't think of anything to talk about other than Michael Avennati and Roseanne, then why not get yourself a daytime talk show gig like Kelly & Ryan? 

I wonder if the research staff quit the show or don't have access to the Bunker. The show is down to Legal issues with Trump & the GOP is doomed.

Do they even bother to talk about the Economy, Syria ? anything ?

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I didn’t even bother watching this morning. It’s been so bad lately. 

Seriously, it was like listening to your parents insinuate about their nocturnal activities during what is advertised to be a news show.  Blech.  Thank goodness MSNBC provides them this platform to broadcast this personal crap instead of focusing on the issues of the day.

• Love 3

They talked about Roseanne? I'm surprised. Did Mika watch Roseanne? I saw she posed in a Hitler mustache and burnt people shaped cookies, then took a photo of her taking them out of the oven. My grandparents from both parents were Holocaust survivors, so I have little baseline patience for people defending her, but she sounds insane even if you take away my own personal bias from that being the first and only thing I ever saw of her or her shtick.

6 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Seriously, it was like listening to your parents insinuate about their nocturnal activities during what is advertised to be a news show.  Blech.  Thank goodness MSNBC provides them this platform to broadcast this personal crap instead of focusing on the issues of the day.

Wait. Did they insinuate they were, you know, doing the unmentionable when Richard Haas called? And Joe took the call? 

• Love 4

For the first time in 10 years, I am getting too annoyed to do detailed recaps. 

SAY IT ISN'T SO, OAKVILLE!!  Noooo! Good luck to your daughter,by the way, from all of us I am sure. If need be, she can attend the community college near me, nicknamed "Harvard on the Highway," and live with me???

She even said in the spirit of Holy Week she apologizes."

What the hell does that mean?  In the spirit of Holy Week?   Like what, if it wasn't Holy Week she wouldn't apologize?   Scarborough called it sincere but when I heard that awful woman mention Holy Week, it seemed like just a desperate effort to ingratiate herself with the fundies.

In the spirit of Holy Week, I'm gonna knock over a gas station.  Can I expect my pardon to come now?? Stupid cow.

HOLEY COW!! i just thought of something.  Did anyone mention that KAC is #1 to replace Hope Hicks?  what a snarkfest we will all have here! Or has Mika forbade even the mention of her name....

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

You shouldn't have turned it off because Donny, who has the actual cred to state this, said that TV ratings come only from people who watch it live, and nobody does that anymore unless they old white and working class (Well he didn't actually say that, but the implication was given)

That is an excellent point. The ratings agencies look at live viewing + DVR + 3 days. People don't watch the show live as much as in the pre VCR days.

When Joe started his conversation with Elise Jordan and her focus group, I thought I had tuned into Colbert. These focus groups are insane. And what about s democratic voter focus group?

I watched about 20 minutes of "Roseanne". I didn't know it was going to be political and the energy level of the show was dead.  I turned it off wondering what in God's name are John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf and Sara Gilbert thinking? None of them need the work, money or gig to associate with this bag of crap.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, oakville said:

For the first time in 10 years, I am getting too annoyed to do detailed recaps

Oakville, I just want to say thanks for always plugging along and posting recaps as many of us (me) have thrown in the towel on the show.  Even when they are given a shot at good journalism (today with Shulkin) they blow it and somehow manage to twist it into their own narrative.  I watched a lot of New Day today and that will be my first stop in the morning especially with John Berman coming onboard.  Alysin is always professional but she seems a bit happier with Berman as a co-anchor (I like Chris Cuomo but he strikes me as being best by himself so I will tune in to his evening show when it debuts).   I found this entire week to be low energy, not focused and Scarborough should mail MSNBC a check for his salary this week as he clearly did not earn it.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

They talked about Roseanne? I'm surprised. Did Mika watch Roseanne? I saw she posed in a Hitler mustache and burnt people shaped cookies, then took a photo of her taking them out of the oven. My grandparents from both parents were Holocaust survivors, so I have little baseline patience for people defending her, but she sounds insane even if you take away my own personal bias from that being the first and only thing I ever saw of her or her shtick.

Wait. Did they insinuate they were, you know, doing the unmentionable when Richard Haas called? And Joe took the call? 

No sorry xoqueens and thanks for bringing this up as that impression was not my intent.  For me, just the fact that they have to insinuate their personal life into a broadcast just skeeves me out especially when we are talking about bedtime hours.

As for Roseanne, it's my understanding she is deleting those past horrible tweets as fast as she can but not fast enough as the screenshots are flying through the Twitterverse with lightning speed.  I didn't like the show before and I don't intend to watch it now and I was bummed when they infected TV Lands airwaves but I guess you can only watch How I Met Your Mother episodes so many times.

• Love 1

27 MINUTES AGO, OAKVILLE SAID:

For the first time in 10 years, I am getting too annoyed to do detailed recaps

Oakville, I just want to say thanks for always plugging along and posting recaps as many of us (me) have thrown in the towel on the show.  Even when they are given a shot at good journalism (today with Shulkin) they blow it and somehow manage to twist it into their own narrative.  I watched a lot of New Day today and that will be my first stop in the morning especially with John Berman coming onboard.  Alysin is always professional but she seems a bit happier with Berman as a co-anchor (I like Chris Cuomo but he strikes me as being best by himself so I will tune in to his evening show when it debuts).   I found this entire week to be low energy, not focused and Scarborough should mail MSNBC a check for his salary this week as he clearly did not earn it.

Oakville, you deserve a break from this hell.   There really isn't anything being discussed that you should spend time recapping. It's very very much appreciated by all, but even God took a break! 

Stay with us to comment and snark. Maybe one day, MSNBC will wake the fuck up and dump these two morons. They have SO much talent at their network, to waste three hours of programming on Joe & Mika is ridiculous.  

14 minutes ago, stormy said:

I turned it off wondering what in God's name are John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf and Sara Gilbert thinking? None of them need the work, money or gig to associate with this bag of crap.

I've been wondering this since I heard they were rebooting the show.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

No sorry xoqueens and thanks for bringing this up as that impression was not my intent.  For me, just the fact that they have to insinuate their personal life into a broadcast just skeeves me out especially when we are talking about bedtime hours.

Looool thank god, I was about to ??? and go on another extended rant about the absurdity of the competing bunkers when they keep talking about sharing things together in the off-MJ lives. ?

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1

I mean I have seen John King and Dana Bash on the air together countless times and never knew they were married let alone share children until I saw a blurb about them getting divorced.  I was shocked as they are always so professional when they are on the air together (both before and after their divorce).   I can't imagine one asking the other (while they were married of course) hey on the way home can you pick up a gallon of milk and some lube?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I mean I have seen John King and Dana Bash on the air together countless times and never knew they were married let alone share children until I saw a blurb about them getting divorced.  I was shocked as they are always so professional when they are on the air together (both before and after their divorce).   I can't imagine one asking the other (while they were married of course) hey on the way home can you pick up a gallon of milk and some lube?

Off topic sorry but I saw John King in line at Starbucks at a rest stop on the highway a year or so ago. I can picture him doing that at least!

but I had no idea he and Dana Bash were married! I watch CNN all the time and never knew!

• Love 1

David Shulkin should never stop talking.I saw him on Chris Hayes show last night as well. He says he's not running for office. Why the hell not?

Last night on Erin Burnett's show one of her guests was Jim Massina to discuss Laura Ingram. I heard a major sigh and insult from Mika (thank you for that). But Messina said David Hogg should tell the college's fuck off and run for office. He'll be his campaign manager for free.

Honestly, is there no intelligent, thoughtful, charismatic Democrat out there to drown out Hilary? Christ, Al Gore lost in an election fiasco and was he out there whining 16 months later?

• Love 3
On 3/29/2018 at 6:26 AM, suomi said:

That large dark smudge under Mika's left eye will be repaired during the first break, right? It's about the size of a housefly.

I went surfing through the #MorningJoe to see what I missed this morning. I see what I didn't miss was Mika's eye returning to normal.

4 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Off topic sorry but I saw John King in line at Starbucks at a rest stop on the highway a year or so ago. I can picture him doing that at least!

but I had no idea he and Dana Bash were married! I watch CNN all the time and never knew!

I didn't know either. I also thought Dana Bash was Andrea Mitchell's daughter for a really embarrassingly long time. Lol

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

#joeandmika will never be able to professionally sit around a table discussing Donald Trump after their divorce. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Looool thank god, I was about to ??? and go on another extended rant about the absurdity of the competing bunkers when they keep talking about sharing things together in the off-MJ lives. ?

It was still pretty absurd, with them sitting in competing bunkers, and making it bvious that they were together late last night, with Mika implying that Richard called after their bedtime. I’m just not sure why they bother with these separate bunkers. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

SAY IT ISN'T SO, OAKVILLE!!  Noooo! Good luck to your daughter,by the way, from all of us I am sure. If need be, she can attend the community college near me, nicknamed "Harvard on the Highway," and live with me???

In the spirit of Holy Week, I'm gonna knock over a gas station.  Can I expect my pardon to come now?? Stupid cow.

HOLEY COW!! i just thought of something.  Did anyone mention that KAC is #1 to replace Hope Hicks?  what a snarkfest we will all have here! Or has Mika forbade even the mention of her name....

I will still do recaps. However, when I had extra time I used to recap the entire 3 hour show. I can't stomach watching all 3 hours. The show is so repetitive now , that I can only recap the first 30 minutes. My daughter was accepted at other good Canadian Universities , just not the one we graduated from. McGill is delaying  making a decision until receive mid term results. You can't buy your way into McGill or any other school here that I am aware of. They don't have legacy alumni acceptance..

I always am shocked that Mika's mom bragged at how low Mika's SAT test scores were & they let her into Williams. Did Dr z have to pay extra to get Mika admitted into the school?

I am pretty sure that George W Bush got into Yale based on his dad's alumni status.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, cased said:

It was still pretty absurd, with them sitting in competing bunkers, and making it bvious that they were together late last night, with Mika implying that Richard called after their bedtime. I’m just not sure why they bother with these separate bunkers. 

Cased, you did a much better job of explaining my angst here.  You can't pretend or freak out when people refer to your relationship on air and then drop intimate lines like that and expect folks to not notice or approve.  You can't have it both ways.  He put a ring on it, now just stop with the on air wink and a nod or feigned outrage.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Don't worry. I will still recap the show. I want to see how bad it can get. It's just that watching 2 hosts in separate bunkers & other guests in libraries, basements & who knows wherever is hard to follow. I can't think of any other morning show that does that?

Is Joe trying to get fired? If Mika & Joe went for couples cosmetic surgery, then they should take time off & let someone else host the show.

Mika & Joe always pride themselves on analyzing the "optics" of the politicians they cover. They should look at the optics of the show they are on.

• Love 5

Seriously Oakville, you are a brave and kind man to keep providing us with recaps but as you said after the first 15 minutes the show is pretty much on a loop.

On a personal note, congrats on your daughter's scholastic accomplishments!  What a wonderful time this must be for you and your family, enjoy my friend!

2 minutes ago, oakville said:

I want to see how bad it can get.

***snort***

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Cased, you did a much better job of explaining my angst here.  You can't pretend or freak out when people refer to your relationship on air and then drop intimate lines like that and expect folks to not notice or approve.  You can't have it both ways.  He put a ring on it, now just stop with the on air wink and a nod or feigned outrage.

I thought Noah Rothman gave her that ring?!?!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Mika's daughters must freak out about what her mom is doing. Joe's youngest daughter is a teenager. I hope her friends at school don't make fun of her dad.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, XOQueens said:

I thought Noah Rothman gave her that ring?!?!

Blech, yet another low point of the show.  I felt sorry for him that day as he's a young man with a family and it was just embarrassing and not necessary.

• Love 2

What was the name of the author and book Mika hyped at one point?  She said to remember to buy it and check out their blockbuster interview with the author.  It sounded interesting to me but I can't remember details.
I used to use this show to fill out my summer pool and plane flight reading material.  They had so many interesting authors on.  I guess authors don't generate enough hate-watching Trump-slamming ratings.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

What was the name of the author and book Mika hyped at one point?  She said to remember to buy it and check out their blockbuster interview with the author.  It sounded interesting to me but I can't remember details.
I used to use this show to fill out my summer pool and plane flight reading material.  They had so many interesting authors on.  I guess authors don't generate enough hate-watching Trump-slamming ratings.

It was called “The Looming Towers”

It does sound interesting. I am going to check out the interview and the book. 

Edited by cased
Spelling
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

Don't worry. I will still recap the show. I want to see how bad it can get. It's just that watching 2 hosts in separate bunkers & other guests in libraries, basements & who knows wherever is hard to follow. I can't think of any other morning show that does that?

Is Joe trying to get fired? If Mika & Joe went for couples cosmetic surgery, then they should take time off & let someone else host the show.

Mika & Joe always pride themselves on analyzing the "optics" of the politicians they cover. They should look at the optics of the show they are on.

I bet he’s having a secondary midlife crisis because his primary midlife crisis is fizzling out. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

What the hell does that mean?  In the spirit of Holy Week?

She should have just swallowed her enormous ego and apologized.  Dragging in Holy Week and highlighting she had David on her program was a YUGE mistake.  She's dropping sponsors (big ones) at an alarming rate.

1 minute ago, XOQueens said:

I bet he’s having a secondary midlife crisis because his primary midlife crisis is fizzling out. 

But we'll always have that classic "Let's Fall in Love" . . . phfffft.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

But we'll always have that classic "Let's Fall in Love" . . . phfffft.

I would be livid if someone wrote a “love song” about me that was really just about me being an ice queen bitch who breaks his heart again and again without a second thought. Lol 

It’s only a matter of time before Fox drops Ingraham. I wonder how much money it would take for Scarbro to switch sides. Or has he burnt too many bridges?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

t’s only a matter of time before Fox drops Ingraham

Hmmmm . . . If she gets canned, I am thinking "Scarborough After Dark" . . .  he's used to babbling incoherently.  He'll do fine there.  To be honest, I just want the morning show to be fixed on MSNBC.  Time for a little spring cleaning.

• Love 2

Mika went to Williams in the olden days. In today's world she probably wouldn't get in.

My daughter got into a highly selective private college and the entire process is grueling for the kids something that didn't exist decades ago when it was all about SAT scores. Back then a lot of schools didn't even accept ACT scores

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, stormy said:

Mika went to Williams in the olden days. In today's world she probably wouldn't get in.

My daughter got into a highly selective private college and the entire process is grueling for the kids something that didn't exist decades ago when it was all about SAT scores. Back then a lot of schools didn't even accept ACT scores

Excellent point Stormy.  So many of these cretins that are cackling over 17 year olds trying to get into college after being in a school that was shot up with an AR-15 would melt into the asphalt over the onslaught kids face these days that is if you could pry them out of their bedrooms.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cased said:

Book got rave reviews but I hear the show isn't that good.

Based on the split between the CIA and FBI leading up to 9/11.

• Love 1

My spidey sense tells me the proverbial shit is about the hit the fan. 

Mika Says Democrats Should 'Take Notes' From Trump Voters. I Got My Notes Right Here, Mika

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/03/mika-says-democrats-should-take-notes

And you are NOT entitled to re-write your own history and broadcast it from your own show. We at Crooks and Liars have receipts (in the form of a video archive) for most of what you did. Take some notes, Mika. #BothSidesDont

• Love 1

Dana Bash was married to Jeremy Bash at one time?  How did I not know this.  I love love love him.  He is always so calm..kind of sexy.  Of course, I think Clint Watts is kind of sexy...so what do I know?  They are whipper snappers to me.  Dana Bash is always so professional.  Meek-a could take a few pointers.  Like that would ever happen.

I tuned in this morning, saw the distraction of all the squares, and then turned it right off.  When was the last time JoMika actually sat around a desk with other reporters?  I expect more for my viewing buck than no one in an actual studio and people kind of photo-shopped in.  At least CNN TRIES.  If/When (please, God) these two Gold Dust Twins actually leave (or for me, happily fired) we should have some sort of memorial here.  Best of Mika's looks...bests of scarves...best high hair-do of the host..most hung-over looking..most condescending..most rudest interruptus.. The possibilities are endless.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, cased said:

I've been watching it on Hulu. It's really good. It's about chasing Al Qaeda prior to 9/11. Focuses on John O'Neill an FBI agent who lived a very large life and feuded with the CIA over their refusal to share intel with the FBI. Jeff Daniels plays O'Neill. 

• Love 1

Hello everyone.

So I realize I have many pages to catch up on, but I thought I'd ask anyway: does anyone know what the deal is about Joe and Mika being in D.C.? I mean, I THINK they're in D.C. They aren't in NYC for sure.  And I figured Joe was gone last week for his kids spring break, but he's still broadcasting from The Bunker this week and Meekz is somewhere else (I can't figure out if it's NYC or D.C.) Do they live in D.C. part of the year? Has MJ always broadcast from D.C. during this time of year or is that new? As a relatively new fan I don't know if this is "normal" or not? I know Mika's family has a home somewhere but now I can't remember where it is.   Does Joe still live in CT? Do they live there or do they live at Mika's house in Westchester County? And do we know when they're getting married? I know they said something last year about getting married in Nantucket in the spring - so if that's true they must be getting married fairly soon.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Joe has taken down ALL his music from Apple and Spotify? I think it happened in Feb or March of this year.  It may have been after the NRA started going after J&M after the school shooting.  But, seriously, ALL of his music is gone.  He actually used to be pretty active on his Scarborough Music Facebook page and now he barely posts on there.  He was actually incredibly nice on FB to the fans (myself included.  He commented on, liked, and tagged me on Facebook on a fairly regular basis from July 2017 to January 2018 - NOT in a sketchy way - and I was quite impressed with him) and seemed really happy.  I don't always agree with everything that comes out of his mouth but it truly seemed like he was a nice guy.  I'm also (don't laugh) a fan of his music.  As midlife crisis music vanity projects go he's pretty good.  To wit: go and listen to David Duchovny's music and prepare to throw up (and I LOVE Duchovny.) 

Anyway, it really annoys me when they aren't in the studio together.  I'll just simply erase any episode that has Meek by herself because she's just so goddamned grating and her news readings skills are...unfortunate.  But in my opinion the show just isn't the same when they're not in person and together.  I also really miss Willie.  Where in the hell has he been? I'll say I'm happy as hell Halpern is gone but do you guys think they'll bring back Harold Ford? I actually really like John Heilman (sp) and Donnie didn't annoy me today.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Dana Bash was married to Jeremy Bash at one time?  How did I not know this.  I love love love him.  He is always so calm..kind of sexy.  Of course, I think Clint Watts is kind of sexy...so what do I know?  They are whipper snappers to me.  Dana Bash is always so professional.  Meek-a could take a few pointers.  Like that would ever happen.

Well. I love him enough to google my competition! He is the same age as my daughter but I'm not letting that get in the way. Both he and Dana are from observant Conservative Jewish families; his father is a rabbi. Dana has nothing but good things to say about him which is fairly rare after divorce and she says that she cherishes her time spent with him and with his family. I enjoy his appearances on any show because he is always well-informed and well-spoken. Calm, yes, but when the occasion calls for it also vehement!!! I would not want to face him for the purpose of being interrogated! (Or maybe I would. Heh heh.) I often wonder why he doesn't have his own show, given his experience, background and demeanor. He is Too Good for this show, that's for sure.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika's daughters must freak out about what her mom is doing. Joe's youngest daughter is a teenager. I hope her friends at school don't make fun of her dad.

Plus her daughters are old enough to watch the show and see their mother's cohost/boyfriend/fiance emotionally abusing her for a decade. 

3 hours ago, Elysium1973 said:

Also, has anyone else noticed that Joe has taken down ALL his music from Apple and Spotify?

Do you think he actually thinks people will buy his music twice? Like, Joe, come on. You aren't Beyonce. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Elysium1973 said:

Hello everyone.

So I realize I have many pages to catch up on, but I thought I'd ask anyway: does anyone know what the deal is about Joe and Mika being in D.C.? I mean, I THINK they're in D.C. They aren't in NYC for sure.  And I figured Joe was gone last week for his kids spring break, but he's still broadcasting from The Bunker this week and Meekz is somewhere else (I can't figure out if it's NYC or D.C.) Do they live in D.C. part of the year? Has MJ always broadcast from D.C. during this time of year or is that new? As a relatively new fan I don't know if this is "normal" or not? I know Mika's family has a home somewhere but now I can't remember where it is.   Does Joe still live in CT? Do they live there or do they live at Mika's house in Westchester County? And do we know when they're getting married? I know they said something last year about getting married in Nantucket in the spring - so if that's true they must be getting married fairly soon.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Joe has taken down ALL his music from Apple and Spotify? I think it happened in Feb or March of this year.  It may have been after the NRA started going after J&M after the school shooting.  But, seriously, ALL of his music is gone.  He actually used to be pretty active on his Scarborough Music Facebook page and now he barely posts on there.  He was actually incredibly nice on FB to the fans (myself included.  He commented on, liked, and tagged me on Facebook on a fairly regular basis from July 2017 to January 2018 - NOT in a sketchy way - and I was quite impressed with him) and seemed really happy.  I don't always agree with everything that comes out of his mouth but it truly seemed like he was a nice guy.  I'm also (don't laugh) a fan of his music.  As midlife crisis music vanity projects go he's pretty good.  To wit: go and listen to David Duchovny's music and prepare to throw up (and I LOVE Duchovny.) 

Anyway, it really annoys me when they aren't in the studio together.  I'll just simply erase any episode that has Meek by herself because she's just so goddamned grating and her news readings skills are...unfortunate.  But in my opinion the show just isn't the same when they're not in person and together.  I also really miss Willie.  Where in the hell has he been? I'll say I'm happy as hell Halpern is gone but do you guys think they'll bring back Harold Ford? I actually really like John Heilman (sp) and Donnie didn't annoy me today.  

To answer some of your questions:  They are not in DC this week. Last week Joe was on vacation with his kids, and Mika was in DC. On Monday and Tuesday of this week Joe was in a bunker, and Mika was off. The working theory is that Joe was still on vacation (probably in Florida, because he had mentioned going to Spring Training  games), and that Mika joined him after her week in DC. On Wednesday, Mika started appearing in her own bunker. This is where it gets a little weird, because Joe and Mika are actually together this week, even though they look like they are in separate locations on the show. Twice this week they have talked about being together the previous night.  We haven’t figured out why they are trying to make it look like they are in different locations. Hopefully they will both be back in NY next week. 

Joe still has a house in CT, but it is for sale. They seem to split time between there and Mika’s house. Joe has a bunker in his house that he sometimes will broadcast from, but Mika never appears from this bunker. 

Mika had a small apartment in Georgetown, that she sold last year. Based on recent videos that Mika posted, they appear to have a bigger place there now. 

They had mentioned possibly getting married in Nantucket in the Spring, but since then, Mika has said that they are not going to get married until after Mika’s daughter graduates from Johns Hopkins in June. So, I am guessing maybe July-September may be the timeframe.  

As for Joe’s music, several people here noticed that it is gone, but no one knows why. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, suomi said:

(Or maybe I would. Heh heh.)

***snort***

42 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Joe’s father’s birthday was today. Did he get a video montage or even a mention on the show today? If not it makes the Zbig birthday thing even more strange. 

I believe he mumbled something about this at the end of the newscast but since I only listen with less than half an ear I could be wrong.

• Love 1
On 3/30/2018 at 1:52 PM, Kemper said:

When was the last time JoMika actually sat around a desk with other reporters? 

It’s been two weeks for Joe. The last time he was in an actual studio was the Day of Mika’s Big Scoop and spark with Avenatti. I bet it’s expensive to send crews throughout the country for their various “separate” bunker appearances. 

• Love 2