Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

And what he said on the show was more of false equivalence, both sides do it, a pox on both of their houses. 

Ugh. I am through with that false equivalency. I know he has fans, but I think a lot of this stuff started with Jon Stewart and the Daily Show. It led to a lot of cynicism in the last ten years that has not been productive.

I too dropped my jaw at that “poll” about 9/11. Yeah sounds like bullshit to me.

Joe’s point about Obama not investigating Bush is not on point about the possible special counsel for the Clinton Foundation. There’s an understanding that what a president does *as president*, within the bounds of his office, should not be second-guessed by a successor. Not applicable to a possible slush fund run by private citizens. That said, it does not look like Mrs. Clinton had anything to do with that Uranium One deal.  Whether the Clinton Foundation is sleazy - and even the New Republic has raised serious questions about it - is not for a special counsel. A state AG maybe.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, millennium said:

It's bad enough this show has 100% passed on reporting or commenting about the allegations of Bush being a serial molester.   But to go the opposite route and try to rehabilitate his image instead is craven.   

Maybe I am too much the cynic, but the first question that comes to mind is who the hell do they think they are that the world should give a shit about their engagement or that they deserve a star-studded party for breaking up their previous families?

The photos of the celebrity attendees could well be posted under a headline that reads: "Why the Democrats Can't Win Elections."

Their festivities were covered by two gossip rags, the NY Post and the Daily Mail so I wasn't too surprised.  What did surprise me was seeing all the people that attended as it confirmed the circles they are used to traveling in that being the Weinstein circuit so please don't tell me you had no clue what he is/was about.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, navelgazer said:

The Axios/Vandehei piece isn't worth clicking on.  It has no more detail than what he said on the show.  And what he said on the show was more of false equivalence, both sides do it, a pox on both of their houses.  He started with Gingrich back in '96, then he conveniently omitted when the Republicans stole the 2000 election, called the majority of voters who voted for Gore "Sore Losermen," then repeated the mantra for us to move on and get over it.  They didn't care about the intent of the voter.  All they cared about was their side won.   "Libtards are evul, they kill teh babeez, amirite?"

I briefly subscribed to Axios's newsletter(s) when they first launched but unsubscribed about a week later as there wasn't much depth plus the emails were nothing but embedded ads for Koch industries.  Whatever is said on MJ is pretty much all you are going to get.

Moore was signing teenage girls year books.

When this was said someone, maybe Willie?, said that the fact that he signed this as "Roy Moore, District Attorney" was a silent admonishment to the victim to remember his power and position.  So in that vein, when Jane Fleisher wrote in my yearbook, "remember all the fun times we had in the back row of chorus" she was really saying, "I'll stab you if you tell anyone we were passing diet pill uppers around during the Spring Fling concert."

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

When this was said someone, maybe Willie?, said that the fact that he signed this as "Roy Moore, District Attorney" was a silent admonishment to the victim to remember his power and position.  So in that vein, when Jane Fleisher wrote in my yearbook, "remember all the fun times we had in the back row of chorus" she was really saying, "I'll stab you if you tell anyone we were passing diet pill uppers around during the Spring Fling concert."

What happens in the back row of chorus, stays in the back row of chorus . . . :)

• Love 3

Hah! On one hand I took Willie's point, and it had never occurred to me, that is a possible reason. I had just assumed Moore is such an egotistical self-important blowhard he signed his title on everything. I guess we won't know.

• Love 3

Brokaw, Peggy Noonan, Bob Woodward, they all need to just stop and go away.  Schieffer is of that generation but at least he's funny and as mentioned above, stays on top of current events and doesn't yearn for the old days. 

I swear Peggy Noonan has dyed her hair the same color as Ronald Reagan's.  I think she's just waiting around to die so she can go be with Daddy Ronnie. 

3 hours ago, Mumbles said:

"I'll stab you if you tell anyone we were passing diet pill uppers around during the Spring Fling concert."

To a great person who I loved hitting on at the diner! See you next year!  Unless you blab! Remember snitches get stitches!   Roy Moore, DA. Voted most likely to be a pedophile, homophobe, racist loser. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I was temporarily bummed I didn't watch the show today after hearing Michael Steele was on but after your recap Ohwell I guess it's just as well . . . I bailed in the first 60 seconds between the "collusion" cough and the connect the dots nonsense . . . off to New Day I went (and was rewarded with watching Cuomo tie Lewandowski into a pretzel to the point that it seemed he forgot he was there to hawk a book he will be writing . . . he!).

Oakville, I'm not sure who isn't letting go of who.  Brokaw seems to enjoy chatting away about things that to be honest I don't find informative or useful anymore as I do when they have on say Bob Schieffer.   He always brings fresh and relevant to the conversation even when he references things that happened in the past. 

I think NBC had to bring back Brokaw after the chaos that Brian Williams caused when he lied about being in war zones & New Orleans.

I think Brokaw is becoming too "Andy Rooney like" talking about the good old days.

Joe made me laugh when he was trying to explain how Flynn was trying to extradite Erdowan's opponent from the USA in exchange for $15 million before he became NSC advisor. 

Joe said all his contacts in the Trump campaign were opposed to Flynn being nominated for NSC advisor & that he advised Trump not to do it. Trump didn't listen to him.

Mika was so proud of Joe with her arms practically around him during the interview with the acting DEA administrator.

• Love 1

Mika & Joe reminded the audience that they advocated that Obama not investigate W Bush's administration for war crimes because it would create a bad precedent once he left office.

It's always nice to see that Mika & Joe aren't afraid to "toot their own horn" about being right. /sarc.

However, is investigating the Clinton Foundation considered to be the same as investigating Obama's policies as President?

Do Secretaries of State in the USA get immunity from prosecution for any financial benefits they obtained while being in office?

• Love 1

Wednesday Recap. Joe's navy blue sweater is back. Mika is wearing a navy blue top.

First topic. Joe is mad at Trump for trying to force Session to appoint a prosecutor to investigate Clinton.

Joe is mad at Sessions for forgetting about the meeting with key Russian puppets like papadopoulos.

Joe is happy that Sessions is standing up to the committee that wants Hillary investigated.

Mika likes Dartmouth. Her daughter attends college there. Mika likes the restaurants around Dartmouth.

Mika likes Shep Smith for defending Hillary on Uranium One.

The panel has yet to explain why the company gave so much money to the Clinton Foundation & paid Clinton 500K for a speech.

Joe loves defending Hillary Clinton, saying she had no influence on the Obama administration.

I find it hilarious that Mika & Joe mock Sessions for forgetting meetings when they can't even remember their positions supporting Trump & bashing Hillary in 2015 & 2016.

The show continues to do the ridiculous KCDC rock show intro. She is getting annoyed.

• Love 4

I liked Joe's "they haven't got a clue" rant this morning.  Especially when Clint threw out, they spent the first six months shocked they'd won, the next six months finding out how hard it is and will spend the next six months looking for the exit.

• Love 3

Mika started to complain about Hope Hicks. Barnicle & Joe quickly shot her down & said she was very nice.

Joe is mad at Kurshner for not listening to him on the Middle East. Joe said Kushner is naive.

Mika is sighing & moaning over Joe's rant.

Joe said voters should listen to him & elect experienced politicians in 2018 & 2020.

Joe said that no one follows orders in politics. CEO's & Generals don't make good Presidents.

Mika  said Trump lacks Gravitas.

• Love 1

I read a story in the paper several days ago about how trump has basically nominated white men to be federal judges.  I'm glad the story was covered this morning.  Appalling to think an inexperienced white kid could be next.

• Love 1

Mika likes Shep Smith for defending Hillary on Uranium One.

I didn't know that MJ production even had the software/server to be able to project a Fox News clip. A first?

I liked the Bernie Bernstein robot call for the Alabama voters. The fake Jewish accent was hilarious.

I missed this segment so I looked it up.  Comedy gold!

"Hi, this is Bernie Bernstein. I’m a reporter for The Washington Post calling to find out if anyone at this address is a female between the ages of 54 to 57 years old willing to make damaging remarks about candidate Roy Moore for a reward of between $5,000 and $7,000 dollars," says the caller. "We will not be fully investigating these claims. However, we will make a written report."

EDITED LATER TO ADD:  They just replayed this segment.  I never saw the panel crack up so much.  Sam Stein was hysterical  (in a Broad comic SNL-worthy Ny accent):  "This is Bernie Bernstein.  I just came from schul...."

First topic. Joe is mad at Trump for trying to force Session to appoint a prosecutor to investigate Clinton.

Good for Sessions! There is some movie (a Star Wars??) where the protagonist, who has become an Evil Force, does one last good thing and saves The Hero b4 he brutally dies. For this, Trump is going to dip Sessions in 10 karat gold and hang him over his escalator.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2

Phil Murphy is just another rich guy like Michael Bloomberg or Jon Corzine who went into politics when he got bored making millions of dollars. Not an original thought in that head.

Mika introduced Tina Brown as someone who has done a lot for women. I challenge her to name one thing. Participating in Mika’s networking conferences for wealthy white women doesn’t count in my eyes.

• Love 2

47 MINUTES AGO, MYAIMISTRUE SAID:

Okay, as your favorite resident Heeb I need to see or hear this.

The video is at the end of this article

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/morning-joe-and-mika-burst-out-laughing-at-shockingly-anti-semitic-robo-call-backing-roy-moor

I gotta find some way to have Sam Stein playing on an endless loop.  Mika and Joe had tears in their eyes and were dabbing at them with Kleenex!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, oakville said:

I liked the Bernie Bernstein robot call for the Alabama voters. The fake Jewish accent was hilarious.

Sam and I are on the same wave length. I saw this at home and said "So Jewey McJew was busy?" 

Do Moore's supporters know what the rest of the country thinks of them?  Bernie Bernstein?  Best you can do? That is some weak ass shit.  If us New York Jews take the gloves off, you won't know what hit you. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, oakville said:

This broke last night and Twitter made me laugh so hard I could barely catch my breath.  If you have a minute, start with John Podhoretz and Jonah Goldberg, the tweets were pure gold.  I have always been a big fan of Sam Stein and enjoy him whenever he is on but today was just priceless because (for me) you didn't see it coming.  Even my fave rave Clint cracked up.  Today was a very good show with real and genuine moments, I really enjoyed it.

3 hours ago, stormy said:

Joe was on The Stephanie Miller Show this morning!

He was good. Very congenial. All anti Republican. Ha!

I agree Stormy he really was very good and I hope he comes on again as it was a good segment.  I was running around getting ready to go out and couldn't believe I heard he was going to be the next guest but was pleasantly surprised at the segment.

• Love 2

Joe called in to the Dan Lebatard Show on ESPN radio this morning.  They gushed about his hair and Joe said he puts no product in it at all.  Nobody believed him and they pushed back, and Joe said it's the truth... it sits like that naturally.  Then they talked about his music, his album, sports, and funny things.  Joe was a really good guest.  Fun interview.  Now... most sports shows interviews are as interesting as a room temperature glass of water, but Lebatard's show is wacky and super liberal, and Joe was game.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Or this one? Mika finds out what "Furries" are. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp76cHN2FDU

This clip has the  infamous little glass cocktail table. I do think that Mika & Joe have good chemistry & can be hilarious at times.

1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Holy cheese and crackers they are sitting at what is my kitchen table . . . I'm a little disturbed to be honest as I find their set designers to be somewhat lacking . . . :)

The glass cocktail table was used for special occasions a few years ago. It was rare that Willie got to sit there.

Mika used to discuss important editorials at the table.

• Love 1

Thursday Recap. Mika is in the studio wearing a new tight fitting military style black top. Joe is on assignment.

Mika is mocking Trump for drinking water from the podium during his speech. He used to make fun of Rubio.

Mika called him the parched President.

Mika kept laughing at Trump and admitted the show was off the rails at 6 03 am.

Mika is mad at Roy moore & called the GOP the Sexual Pervert Party.

Mika is mad at Ivanka Trump for not stopping Roy Moore & not fighting for the Alabama women.

Mika is also mad at Ivanka for not doing enough for women.

Katty was upset that funds for abortions planning overseas were cut by Trump.

Mika bragged that Ivanka listened to her & hired Dinah Powell.

Mika is mad at Mnucin's wife for posing with the currency. She looks like a young Mika.

Katty told Mika that Ivanka persuaded Senators to double the child tax credit from $1,000 to $2,000.

Mika was not impressed by that. The important women's council was cut by Trump.

Everyone made fun of Moore's lawyer going after Ali for being Canadian. The lawyer insinuated that Ali was a muslim who liked to date young girls because it is OK in the Muslim world. Stephanie Ruhle is feisty!

Kornacki & Tyler got into a fight over repealing the Obamacare mandate.

Tyler saaid Democrats like dynamic scoring on healthcare. People will not sign up for Obamacare if the fines are repealed.

Kornacki argued that Democrats don't think that tax cuts will help.

Mika is in a good mood today.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Everyone made fun of Moore's lawyer going after Ali for being Canadian. The lawyer insinuated that Ali was a muslim who liked to date young girls because it is OK in the Muslim world. Stephanie Ruhle is feisty!

I happened to see this live and it's still jaw dropping to watch now.  For me, the most ironic part is that that horrible excuse for a lawyer looks just like Terrance and Phillip from South Park who are from Canada.

6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika is mad at Mnucin's wife for posing with the currency. She looks like a young Mika.

And these two are just the gift that keeps on giving.  I thought those photos yesterday had to be leaked as who in their right mind would post something like this especially after that private plane fiasco, silly me . . . . 

• Love 7

Mika should stop trying to explain Ivanka's poor behavior. Ivanka is a spoiled trust fund baby and could care less about the average women.

Jeremy Peters please get a new shirts. He looks like a giraffe.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, stormy said:

Mika should stop trying to explain Ivanka's poor behavior. Ivanka is a spoiled trust fund baby and could care less about the average women.

Jeremy Peters please get a new shirts. He looks like a giraffe.

I wish Mika would stop directing traffic in terms of what women are or need to be doing as she has fumbled a few balls herself.  Ivanka is clearly clueless as to how those of us that are not in the 1 percent live and I am sure both her and her husband wish they were back in their NY penthouse and none of this happened.  On the other hand, you signed up for this so suck it up buttercup.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I wish Mika would stop directing traffic in terms of what women are or need to be doing as she has fumbled a few balls herself.  Ivanka is clearly clueless as to how those of us that are not in the 1 percent live and I am sure both her and her husband wish they were back in their NY penthouse and none of this happened.  On the other hand, you signed up for this so suck it up buttercup.

Agreed. Mika should stop trying to make herself a women's rights crusader.

• Love 3

I don't care that she's the avatar of the left and the "it girl" of the moment, I cannot stand Elizabeth Warren.  Her forced, fake enthusiasm is so nerdy and watery.  And if it's not fake or forced, she's just awful.  I have zero toleranace for her schtick.
I also hate that Mika loves her. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Get the feeling Mika is trying to set-up Elizabeth Warren for a Know Your Value spot.  Or is she already on board/tour?

Tee hee based on Mika's shriek about Warren running for President I think she is all in for Warren 2020 Know Your Value be damned!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

That was absolutely disgusting and horrible, but I thought the inference was of arranged marriages with younger girls because Ali is of Indian descent.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

That was absolutely disgusting and horrible, but I thought the inference was of arranged marriages with younger girls because Ali is of Indian descent.

You are not only a wonderful moderator but also clearly an incredibly decent human being.  This was not my take from the Velshi segment but then again I am also schlepping along distaste from the Don Lemon "Easy Squeezy" segment (and yes I do hold a grudge).

4 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I heart Stephanie Ruhl so so so much.

Ha, she just said,

"Kiss your sister and enjoy taking her to the prom, honky tonk."

Tee hee, she's really pissed about what that guy said to Ali and I say bravo!

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 1