Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

That's interesting.  I always respected Donna Brazille.  I guess I was blinded by bias because she's "on my team."  Also it's possible she had always made cogent statements previously.
But wow, she embarrassed herself this morning.  She may very well be an absolute idiot.
She cannot defend nor describe why she attacked Hillary Clinton.  I presume she did this to generate heat for her book.  Super embarrassing.

She is off the wall crazy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Eddie is happy that Arican Americans showed up to vote. There are now African Americans in the House of Delegates & Asians, Latinas etc.

And we also have an African American Lt. Governor here in Virginia.  All in all, it was a kick-ass kind of night, hoping it continues into 2018.

And yes, Donna Brazille did act like she was drunk.  I like her, but she embarrassed herself this morning.  Kudos to Willie for trying to make sense out of what she was saying.  

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

First, everyone might as well admit that Donna couldn't make it this AM, so Queen Latifah slapped on a grey wig and stood in for her. Man, they have the exact same voice.  Anyway, Donna was back pedaling harder than a Tour de France contestant sliding backwards down an Alp. I think it's shameful and yes, done for the massive PR her book got when it came out.

The pursing of her lips was just ridiculous.  Of course, dumb Joe & Mika ate it up.  

I hope Hillary sues that lunatic.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Okay now I'm really glad I didn't watch this morning.  I'm afraid to ask what Joe said. 

Joe was yapping on about how Obama was "aloof". Souza said he was from Hawaii and was laid back. He also said that Obama didn't do the Washington cocktail circuit very much, and that's probably why people like Joe start calling him that. If you're not there when the gossips are gossiping, they gossip about you.

• Love 10

The only thing I can say positive about Donna Brazile's appearance this morning is -- every time she took time to draw a breath, Mika would interject, "Bernie would've won!" -- and Brazile immediately slapped her down each time. I don't know what Mika thinks Bernie would've won if Hillary hadn't "rigged" everything (except her election as President), but if Mika's suggesting that Bernie would've won the nomination, then Mika's not only bonkers but appears to know nothing about how politics or the system works. It was always going to be an uphill battle to win the Democratic nomination when you're *not a Democrat,* and you are going up against a longstanding Democrat. Always. No matter who that Democrat happened to be. Rigging wasn't necessary. (Even Trump nominally became a Republican to get their nomination.)

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, Lokiberry said:

Joe was yapping on about how Obama was "aloof". Souza said he was from Hawaii and was laid back. He also said that Obama didn't do the Washington cocktail circuit very much, and that's probably why people like Joe start calling him that. If you're not there when the gossips are gossiping, they gossip about you.

Joe's been upset at Obama since he was elected for refusing to attend the cocktail parties & schmmoze the elite media

• Love 6

Regardless of how Brazile behaved herself today, the book is what it is. If there's anything false in it, whoever is aggrieved by it should sue for libel. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. The incompetence of the campaign was substantiated in the book "Shattered" by the Politico reporters.

It was always going to be an uphill battle to win the Democratic nomination when you're *not a Democrat,* 

Funny, but for not being a Democrat, Sanders won more primaries and caucuses (23) than Webb, Chafee, O'Malley. And I don't hear people bitching that he's not a Democrat when he consistently votes with the Democrats in the Senate. He's a far more reliable Democratic vote than Manchin or McCaskill.

It's a useless argument to say Bernie would or wouldn't have won against Trump. But I do think it's fair to say he would have deigned to campaign in Michigan and Wisconsin, whose primaries he won.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Also, was her hair purple??  It was purple, right?  Is that intentional?

Pete Souza's pics of Obama are terrific.

Landsnark, that was the best 10 minutes of that show ever . . . it so warmed my heart to see those photos.  I am going to have to buy Pete's book.

• Love 5

Landsnark, that was the best 10 minutes of that show ever . . . it so warmed my heart to see those photos.  I am going to have to buy Pete's book.

I know! Even if you DIDN'T make the obvious Trump vs. Obama gravitas comparison, it was a great collage of photos.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

She is off the wall crazy.

It's very unusual for the former chair person of any party to attack the nomination process. Brazil's must have realized the consequences of writing her book.

I do wonder if any of the reforms to the process will be considered for 2020?

I think Mika liked the book. Ceausescu Debbie Wasserman Shultz kept calling MSNBC to have her reprimanded for attacking Hillary over he emails.

• Love 1

Ceausescu Debbie Wasserman Shultz kept calling MSNBC to have her reprimanded for attacking Hillary over he emails.

Actually I think DWS was emailing Griffin complaining that Mika was saying the DNC was in the tank for Hillary Clinton and that the process wasn't fair. Turns out Mika was right.

• Love 1

Thursday Recap. Joe is in the Bunker. Mika & Heidi are wearing matching blue tops. Ford Jr, Boring Barnicle are on the panel.

Joe is gloating that he was right about the election results yesterday. Joe blames Trump for the GOP losing Virginia House Assembly seats. This contradicts what Joe said before the election. Joe used to ask Democrats to run better quality candidates who are culturally connected to their districts.

Ford Jr disagreed with Joe. Ford Jr was happy that Northam had voted twice for W Bush.

Mika called Trump offensive for saying that China does a good job of defending their country's interests.

Heidi said women were excited about voting in Virginia.

Joe said he was hearing from women in Virginia who voted in the rain. That was key! . Joe is obsessed with women voting in the rain!. This is like the invasion of Normandy for Joe.

If the weather is sunny & pleasant the GOP would have won? LOL!

Joe is strongly defending women today. I think he wants to get back in Mika's good graces.

Why is Joe in the bunker today?

Barnicle is mad at Trump for not behaving like a President of the UNITED STATES.

Barnicle is obsessed with calling out Trump's behavior. He is also mad at losing property & state tax deductions.

Joe thinks that Trump is a wimp by cowtowing to the Chinese on trade to get a deal on North Korea. This contradicts what Joe said at the beginning of the show when he made fun of Trump for defending China for their trade policies.

Mika is still mad at Trump. She keeps insulting him & calling him an embarrassement.

• Love 4

Joe is mad at Trump for not approving the CNN merger.

It's OK for Obama not to approve the Keystone Pipeline but wrong for Trump to comment on media mergers?

Ford Jr said Triump prevented Bergdahl from getting prison time for deserting the military base.

It's good to see the show getting fresh GOP guests like Peggy " I keep my eyes closed when I speak on camera" Noonan

& Steve" Hillary will get 400 EV" Scmidt.

I like Heidi Pryzbela. She provides good commentary without having to moan & groan like Mika..

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, oakville said:

Peggy is wearing a scarf from Mika's collection. It's purple. Is she in mourning?

Maybe she became confused and thought she was doing Mourning Joe.

I lose my desire to watch every time they bring on that Joe Manchin actor who plays a Democrat.

• Love 4

Hearing Paul Ryan loudly kissing Trump's butt and the idiotic and Romney spawn RNC chair claims about the newly elected Gov of VA,  made me throw up a little.

Christopher Hill was a refreshing addition this morning. His criticisms of trump and his minions were well done. I was sorry to see John Huntsman sell his soul to the devil.

• Love 3

Was Schmidt complaining about corporate tax cuts? Isnt that a GOP platform plank? 

Schmidt was mourning the loss of Jack Kemp. Wasn't Kemp in favor of supply side economics? 

Schmidt has to go back to GOP Pundit talk Academy. 

58 minutes ago, millennium said:

Maybe she became confused and thought she was doing Mourning Joe.

I lose my desire to watch every time they bring on that Joe Manchin actor who plays a Democrat.

It's ridiculous that they never ask him about épi pen price gouging that his daughter proposed as CEO

• Love 3
11 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I just removed A LOT of posts that A) had nothing to do with the show and B) delved into general politics.  You guys should know better than that so maybe it's time to re-read the pinned post at the top of this forum.

Sorry, but it's kind of hard NOT to talk politics the day after an election. ; )

Is it possible to get a 24 hour *grace period* after an election, after which we go back to behaving ourselves?

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Sorry, but it's kind of hard NOT to talk politics the day after an election. ; )

Is it possible to get a 24 hour *grace period* after an election, after which we go back to behaving ourselves?

You guys are such a pleasure that I wish I could!

• Love 6

Steve Schmidt is great.  He called a mix of Democrats (100%), Republicans (25%) and Independents (65%) the coalition of the decent who will oppose Trump.  I hope I got the percentages right.

Schmidt is one of the rare political operatives of either party that I can tolerate. Too bad about the Palin business though.

I was sitting there this morning as they mocked Trump for five minutes for opposing the AT&T/TW merger and thinking, I dunno guys, most large mergers don’t work out well for the consumers, he may be correct on this, and then Barnicle cuts in and says, slow your roll, Pro Publica says that the career antitrust DOJ attorneys are opposing it.  D’oh!

Robert Reich is a national treasure and should be on more often and for full segments.

• Love 1

I agree. I don't think the AT&T/TW merger should be allowed to happen at all.     

45 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

You guys are such a pleasure that I wish I could!

You keep us in line! And you're so nice about it!  MJ gives us enough material to vent about. 

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Awesome! What did he say?

He kept repeating the term, the geniuses on Morning Joe. It was interesting that they wouldn't expand the clip. I am sure he was making fun of something dumb that Joe said.

• Love 1

Awesome! What did he say?

He kept repeating the term, the geniuses on Morning Joe. It was interesting that they wouldn't expand the clip. I am sure he was making fun of something dumb that Joe said.

Thanks!  I always wonder, when MJ broadcasts photos of Steve Bannon accompanying his quotes, do they have a thumb drive labelled "Bad rosacea, homeless looking, (no disrespect intended to the homeless) rumpled photos of Steve Bannon," or is the guy so horrible looking that there is NO good shot available??

• Love 3

In this case the show ran an actual video of Bannon so no "stock footage" necessary. I don't think there's been a good photo taken of the guy to be honest. Fwiw, Mediaite recently ran Bannon's requirements when he appears at events - man of the people demands a private jet and is on some sort of diet.

50 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

In this case the show ran an actual video of Bannon so no "stock footage" necessary. I don't think there's been a good photo taken of the guy to be honest. Fwiw, Mediaite recently ran Bannon's requirements when he appears at events - man of the people demands a private jet and is on some sort of diet.

The Event venue should counter with, yeah okay but we need documented proof that you showered before you enter the building. 

• Love 1

Robert Reich is a national treasure and should be on more often and for full segments.

Those comments they showed him making from 1994 were amazingly prescient. He should get a job as a fortune teller, if that professor thing doesn't work out. ;-)

• Love 1

Friday Recap. Mika & Joe are off. Cackles & Willie took over. Bannon's nominee for Senate is accused of pedophilia which is horrible. Trump & the other Senators want him to step aside if the allegations are true.

Barnicle & Heileman are on the panel. Barnicle is demanding that the Senators be asked if they believe the women.

I will note that Barnicle & Heileman have refused to comment on the show about their "friend" Halperin.

Heileman did condemn Halperin'a actions in a interview with a newspaper.

Donnie said he will get elected anyways.

LOL, does Donnie make the same comment about Senator Menendez.

Cackles said that as long as a women comes forward, she has to be believed & had nothing to gain.

Cackles is mad at "conservative media".

Is Cackles hair different?

Barnicle said that Alabama supports Moore's behavior. What? I doubt that.

• Love 1

The panel is talking about a 3rd party. Cackles wants competence not ideology.

Heileman said a 3rd party option is rare.

Biden & Pence are talking to each other.

Donnie said Biden will run in 2020 if he is healthy.

• Love 1

This show has been .... dare I say ... almost a joy watch this morning.  Nicole Wallace and John Heileman are good together...the panel is smart and no one bloviates.  No simpering, squinting, etc.  No "too good to talk about some subjects"...no interrupting.  Just conversations that are really interesting.  Even Barnicle is not so annoying...no one is being Facebooked or Skyped in.  Everyone is present.  What a difference.  And cleansing for the palate.  

Oh...maybe they could replace Matthews while he is on his book tour/sojourn with Heileman.   And then not let Matthews come back; just let him come on everyone else's show and bloviate and push his book/s for maybe five minutes at a time.  I think several show hosts have gotten a little too big for their britches.  Oh.  Aging myself.

This morning's watching is not infuriating or depressing.  At this point we take our small pleasures.

• Love 9

Kemper, thank you for your post.  I couldn't agree more, what a pleasure this morning has been.  The time has just flown by plus it seems like they are covering more topics and in a serious manner.  I like Nicolle and Heilemann together (he's on her show quite a bit) and everyone seems to have elevated their game today.

• Love 2

I love Susan Del Percio. Another reasonable voice on the right.

Donnie's right. Moore will get elected anyway. The voters in Alabama had no problem with his already past bad behavior. Besides this is the home of George Wallace.

• Love 1

Willie was back on at 8:00.  Like him, he seems nice, but he is just not suited, in my opinion, to host a show.  The small pleasure didn't last all that long.  But the show is still way better without the Gruesome Twosome.  

Cackles said that as long as a women comes forward, she has to be believed & had nothing to gain.

I had trouble with this concept. What happened to innocent until proved guilty?

I almost crapped when that Alabama legislator kindly pointed out that the Virgin Mary and Joseph was also a teenager/older man combo and---they made Jesus!!  Can someone shoot me if I ever cross over the Alabama border??

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, oakville said:

The panel is talking about a 3rd party. Cackles wants competence not ideology.

Heileman said a 3rd party option is rare.

Biden & Pence are talking to each other.

Donnie said Biden will run in 2020 if he is healthy.

I like Nicole; I watch her show when I have the time, but I find it awfully "coincidental" that right-leaners are suddenly calling for a 3rd party just days after the dems blowout in Virginia which had the usual suspect suggesting a blue wave in 2018. What was it  Littlefinger said (you know you're going to miss him)? You always have to ask yourself what's the worst possible reason a person could have for doing something. That goes double for Joe and his column.

• Love 1

Cackles wants competence not ideology.

I wanted to throw something at the tv when she said that. That might have worked 20-30 years ago when there were true Republican moderates, but not anymore. Mike Pence might be competent (I have no idea, but just hypothetically), But I want nothing to do with his ideology. Just like when those two shaved apes Manchin and Collins were on yesterday yapping about their “no labels” caucus. As the great Texas politician Jim Hightower said, the only thing in the middle of a road is a yellow line or a dead armadillo. 

Sadly I agree with Donnie. Alabama is going to elect a child molester as a senator. I really want to be wrong about this.

What is it about Barnicle and military men? He could barely hide his stiffy when that Virginia congressman was on, yapping on and on about how the guy was in the service. Barnicle has a bunch of sons and I don’t think any of them served in the military (we would have heard about it.)

I don’t know why Reza Aslan gets treated like some expert on religion; the Washington Post did a good article about how he exaggerates his credentials on that topic years ago when he wrote a book about Jesus. 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Mike Pence might be competent (I have no idea, but just hypothetically),

As a citizen of Indiana, I can assure you Mike Pence is not competent, period.  He took the Trump VP gig because he knew he wouldn't get re elected governor.  Even if it wasn't for his ideology, he did nothing in Congress, and was a disaster as governor of Indiana. 

• Love 4