Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Kenz said:

I agree, and they were frantic about Bernie and his horrible mistake, so they went on and on about it. I tape this show since I am on pacific time, so I thankfully was able to fast forward through most of their second round repeating themselves and being so ecstatic about the subject.  They were like dogs on a tasty bone.

I agree.  We have Dotard in a pissy-contest with Rocket Boy with the planet at stake, and they're preoccupied with a non-issue.  Cassidy-Graham will not pass, especially with McCain's announcement.

Now back to the two pre-school heads of state...

• Love 3

Just a short note to thank everyone for their good wishes. I am at home now resting. 

I was very impressed with our new hospital  here in Oakville. Everyone was very nice & professional. 

I didn't see the show this morning but I am confused why Joe would be ranting at Bernie Sanders for advocating Medicare for everyone.

I strongly recommend the Canadian system. I paid 2$ for a months supply of post op meds :) Surgery was free with cookies in recovery.

Joe should visit our hospital. 

I will be off work for a couple of weeks, so I hope to do full recaps if I wake up early enough

Cheers!

Edited by oakville
Meds not mess
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Just a short note to thank everyone for their good wishes. I am at home now resting. 

I was very impressed with our new hospital  here in Oakville. Everyone was very nice & professional. 

I didn't see the show this morning but I am confused why Joe would be ranting at Bernie Sanders for advocating Medicare for everyone.

I strongly recommend the Canadian system. I paid 2$ for a months supply of post op mess:) Surgery was free with cookies in recovery.

Joe should visit our hospital. 

I will be off work for a couple of weeks, so I hope to do full recaps if I wake up early enough

Cheers!

Best wishes for a luxurious bedrest.

(Cookies???????????)

I strongly recommend the Canadian system. I paid 2$ for a months supply of post op mess:) Surgery was free with cookies in recovery.

COOKIES!!  The only cookies we get here in America are the ones that the Russians associated with the Trump campaign embeded in their websites! Glad to hear you will live to recap again.

I agree, and they were frantic about Bernie and his horrible mistake, so they went on and on about it. I tape this show since I am on pacific time, so I thankfully was able to fast forward through most of their second round repeating themselves 

You may have gotten caught in the dreaded 8 AM  repeat of earlier hour's broadcast.  It makes them look like they are repeating themselves, when actually its a re-play, and the panel is off re-arranging and taking off scarves and such.

McCain announcement???  (toddles off to CNN website)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1

This fucking panel is about the empowerment of women, and what women can do to lift themselves and others. 

This reminds me of the discussion they had at the end of Thursday about some magazine releasing the most powerful women in America and most of them were horror shows like Sheryl "women would succeed if they only stopped being so lazy" Sandberg, or women who work for horrible companies like Mary Barra at GM (whose faulty ignition killed people) or Barnicle's own wife at Bank of America, one of the worst financial institutions in an industry full of awful ones. They were all kvelling about these powerful women. And that sums up Mika's corporatist so-called feminism. These types of women don't need help, nor are they particularly known for helping other women.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

Best wishes for a luxurious bedrest.

(Cookies???????????)

Yes! They were shortbread cookies. I got better & friendlier service at the hospital than when I fly on Air Canada.  They also offered juice, ginger ale , Perrier. 

If they hadn't discharged me, I would have stayed for lunch. 

They have translators available for patients that don't speak English.

They also have many volunteers that help out & ask if I wanted a newspaper to read etc.

• Love 2
Just now, oakville said:

Yes! They were shortbread cookies. I got better & friendlier service at the hospital than when I fly on Air Canada.  They also offered juice, ginger ale , Perrier. 

If they hadn't discharged me, I would have stayed for lunch. 

They have translators available for patients that don't speak English.

They also have many volunteers that help out & ask if I wanted a newspaper to read etc.

Will you adopt us?  (Me, Mr. pig and PhyllisTheDog)

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

This reminds me of the discussion they had at the end of Thursday about some magazine releasing the most powerful women in America and most of them were horror shows like Sheryl "women would succeed if they only stopped being so lazy" Sandberg, or women who work for horrible companies like Mary Barra at GM (whose faulty ignition killed people) or Barnicle's own wife at Bank of America, one of the worst financial institutions in an industry full of awful ones. They were all kvelling about these powerful women. And that sums up Mika's corporatist so-called feminism. These types of women don't need help, nor are they particularly known for helping other women.

I saw Mika's website www.knowyourvalue365.com

I remember these style events in Canada with President Clinton in 2005. It's very rah rah! 

Cocktailss& Pictures with Mika for $350 or so.! 

6 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

Sure!

Hey hey dial it back, sweetheart.  I asked Oakville first, about 2 days ago. How much money do you think he makes recapping Morning Joe?

Hey Oakville--Methinks that your 2.00 of Canadian money bought you some gooood meds.  I sense a softness and pliancy about you not usually there!!

Okay now, I'm going on vacay.  See you all Oct 2....

Edited by WhineandCheez
EDITED TO ADD, AFTER THINKING A BIT:
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Oh yeah the hand-wringing this am was too much. First off, I may have missed it but they didn't mention that Amy Klobuchar will be participating with Bernie as well; they spun it as The Bernie Show. Moreover all the angst they expressed was based on an underestimation of the intelligence of the American voter - that the voters will say, "I'm nervous about Medicare for All, so therefore I think the Graham-Cassidy bill is the way to go and I hope it passes next week." A false choice, and moreover one that underestimates the popularity of Medicare for All. 

The panel was 100% right. 

And those "intelligent American voters" elected Donald Trump president. You cannot underestimate them.

• Love 7

Tuned in for a few minutes this morning...caught Mika cooing and her trying-to-be-cute-with-the-fake-outrage.  Over something.  She kept simpering and saying  (again, coyly)  "stop it" to Joe.  I had to turn it off...cannot stand her most any time, but especially when she tries to be kiddingly-coy.

And I hate the joy they get from their Bernie-bashing over single payer.  Ooohhh...we can't bring this up now...wouldn't be prudent...may turn people off the Dems.  So what?  Like they already aren't turned off.  How are things working for the poor, timid Dems now?  I am tired of the Dems trying to play the middle...it doesn't work.  They always come off as Rethuglican Lite.  I say..Bring It.  Let's have this discussion...debate it.  Sorry I repeated "Dems"  (and "coy") so often in just a couple of sentences.  Need some gin and tonic.  It's Friday!  Oakville...get recovered soon.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Hey hey dial it back, sweetheart.  I asked Oakville first, about 2 days ago. How much money do you think he makes recapping Morning Joe?

Hey Oakville--Methinks that your 2.00 of Canadian money bought you some gooood meds.  I sense a softness and pliancy about you not usually there!!

Okay now, I'm going on vacay.  See you all Oct 2....

The meds are. Called Dialudids which is an opiod. I never had this before. The pain is pretty bad . The surgeon said not to take them on a long term basis.

14 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Tuned in for a few minutes this morning...caught Mika cooing and her trying-to-be-cute-with-the-fake-outrage.  Over something.  She kept simpering and saying  (again, coyly)  "stop it" to Joe.  I had to turn it off...cannot stand her most any time, but especially when she tries to be kiddingly-coy.

And I hate the joy they get from their Bernie-bashing over single payer.  Ooohhh...we can't bring this up now...wouldn't be prudent...may turn people off the Dems.  So what?  Like they already aren't turned off.  How are things working for the poor, timid Dems now?  I am tired of the Dems trying to play the middle...it doesn't work.  They always come off as Rethuglican Lite.  I say..Bring It.  Let's have this discussion...debate it.  Sorry I repeated "Dems"  (and "coy") so often in just a couple of sentences.  Need some gin and tonic.  It's Friday!  Oakville...get recovered soon.

Bernie is right! In fact, Berniecare was discussed in one of our papers this week. It would include full pharmacare etc.

Mika & Joe should do a 3 hour townhall on the various health plans. They used to have Zeke Emmanuel on the show on a regular basis.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

We're willing to contribute with what's left of our 401Ks!

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Didn't the majority of the popular vote go to Mrs. Clinton? 

When the electoral college no longer matters, that will make a difference.

The panel is right. It's the wrong time for this debate.  It's not about turning off Dems; it's about preserving the current system so 30 million people don't get screwed in the short term. We're not going to go to M4A between now and 9/30, but there's a very good possibility that even with McCain a no, Grassidy could pass. Bernie needs to, for once, set his ego and his agenda aside, and let the true defenders of the ACA handle this.

And that's all I'll say, lest I veer off topic.

oakville, welcome back!

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe doesn't want Bernie Sanders advocating Medicare for everyone, because he thinks that a debate between Medicare for everyone and Graham-Cassidy could cause Graham-Cassidy to pass, and Joe does not like Graham-Cassidy. He wants Bernie to not talk about his plan at least until next weekend, when 60 Senate votes would be required. This would ensure than Graham-Cassidy does not pass.

Also on today's show, Harold called Mika "Mrs Scarborough", and Mika did not like that. I don't think that Mika wants to change her name to Scarborough. I was watching parts of Joe's Wednesday show at the Cutting Room, and Joe said that Mika did not want to change her name to Scarborough, and that she was trying to convince him to change his name to Brzezinski. Joe then said "But whatever we call each other, I love someone named Mika" (even Joe has a romantic side).

Also at the Cutting Room show, Joe and Mika kissed twice. First, Joe kissed Mika on the cheek, then a few minutes later they kissed briefly on the lips. Mika didn't seem to like kissing in public. but Joe did.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, cased said:

Joe doesn't want Bernie Sanders advocating Medicare for everyone, because he thinks that a debate between Medicare for everyone and Graham-Cassidy could cause Graham-Cassidy to pass, and Joe does not like Graham-Cassidy. He wants Bernie to not talk about his plan at least until next weekend, when 60 Senate votes would be required. This would ensure than Graham-Cassidy does not pass.

Also on today's show, Harold called Mika "Mrs Scarborough", and Mika did not like that. I don't think that Mika wants to change her name to Scarborough. I was watching parts of Joe's Wednesday show at the Cutting Room, and Joe said that Mika did not want to change her name to Scarborough, and that she was trying to convince him to change his name to Brzezinski. Joe then said "But whatever we call each other, I love someone named Mika" (even Joe has a romantic side).

Also at the Cutting Room show, Joe and Mika kissed twice. First, Joe kissed Mika on the cheek, then a few minutes later they kissed briefly on the lips. Mika didn't seem to like kissing in public. but Joe did.

Ok thanks. So,Joe thinks that the popularity of Graham- Cassidy will go up if people find out about the costs of Medicare for all?

What healthcare plan does Joe support? 

He has been complaining about Obamacare for 7 years. He doesn't like Medicare for all.

I suppose he is happy with the NBC insurance plan plus he has enough money to pay for any medical expenses not covered by his plan.

During the campaign,Joe was ranting about Obamacare premiums rising so much that people would rather pay the fine for not buying insurance than sign up for Obamacare.

Its very confusing , and a show like Morning Joe has the time to discuss these issues in details.

I think that Mika is reluctant to do public PDA.

I am a bit surprised by the Know Your Value tour.

I wonder if anyone would have the guts to ask her if she believed that Joe's romantic interest in her since 2007 played a part in her career success?

18 hours ago, Eliot said:

When the electoral college no longer matters, that will make a difference.

The panel is right. It's the wrong time for this debate.  It's not about turning off Dems; it's about preserving the current system so 30 million people don't get screwed in the short term. We're not going to go to M4A between now and 9/30, but there's a very good possibility that even with McCain a no, Grassidy could pass. Bernie needs to, for once, set his ego and his agenda aside, and let the true defenders of the ACA handle this.

And that's all I'll say, lest I veer off topic.

oakville, welcome back!

Thanks. The flaws in the electoral college should be discussed on the show. Why can't more states split their votes like Maine & Nebraska?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

How are you feeling Oakville?  It's good to have you back!

It's been more painful than I thought. I was ok after coming out of the hospital, but the freezing on the stomach wore off. I had a umbilical hernia repair. It will take a few days to get back to normal. I can catch up on the tv shows I missed:) Thanks for asking!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, oakville said:

It's been more painful than I thought. I was ok after coming out of the hospital, but the freezing on the stomach wore off. I had a umbilical hernia repair. It will take a few days to get back to normal. I can catch up on the tv shows I missed:) Thanks for asking!

Looks down warily at my "outie" belly button.

Best quote from this morning's show goes to Mika:

"Have you no marbles, sir?"

• Love 3

Monday Recap. The show opened up with Trump calling NFL players SOB's if they kneel during the national anthem.

Joe started with a scripted TelePrompTer rant against Trump. He called him a Vulgarian who was trying to divide people. Trump wants a culture war. He  wants foes to explode. It is like a Pavlovian dog.They don't want to spend too much time on it .

Mika is wearing a dark blue v top. Joe is wearing a navy blue blazer with dark burgundy tie.

Joe said North Korea & Health Care are more important that Trump NFL tweet.

Ford Jr said the players have a constitutional right to protest at games.

Eugene was happy that players & owners stood against Trump.

Joe said he doesn't watch the NFL because players are killing each other with the hits. 

Joe is a college football fan. Do they hurt each other in College football?

Barnicle said Trump is embarrassing.

Mika said Trump was race baiting the players.

Everyone on the panel is scared about Trump attacking RocketMan in North Korea.

Ignatius said the Koreans get upset when they are personally insulted.

The Chinese are trying to help but Trump is too erratic.

Health Care. Joe wants a CBO score & regular debates. Stop trying to change 1/6 of the Economy without proper debate.

Ratner brought charts. Medicaid Cuts in 2027 $250billion. Wow!

Ratner said that people will lose coverage  if they are not forced to buy it. 

Ratner said Medicaid is expensive. The block grant Medicaid plan hurts blue states.

Block grant is bad for the Midwest.

medicaid helps reduce emergency room visits.

Debbie Stabenow is a good guest. She understands health care

• Love 3

Joe & Mika do not like Mnucin. They recoiled at him defending Trump.

Joe called Trump a snake oiled salesman. 

Costa! Is on. Joe said Trump s polls were rising for 3 weeks. He isn't moving to the centre. He wants to win. 

Eugene said Trump is self absorbed. 

• Love 2

Halperin told Joe that Trump has strong support against the athletes who kneel during the anthem. Joe said he got pushback on twitter for saying that players should find other ways to show anger with Trump.

Ford Jr said he would stand & sing during the national anthem. 

I enjoyed Barnacle most of all today.  He looked totally irritated when Joe interrupted him.....as was I.  I think what happened with the NFL is very important.  Trump, his family and associates, are in bed with Russia....who the hell is he to even discuss patriotism.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Do they hurt each other in College football?

Yes they do. A good friend's son won a full ride scholarship to Indiana State University, and in his freshman year, during practice, the coaches had them do this drill which a lot of teams don't do any longer because it leads to injury.  I think it's standing in a circle, the coach calls out two players numbers blows a whistle and they run at each other as hard as they can.

Nick is like 6'5" 250 lbs so he can take a hit. He ended up with a concussion so bad he had to drop off the team, and they learned he had had a couple concussions while playing in high school.  He was very very ill for 2-3 months. He's better now,  and very happy he's not playing anymore. He learned the risks aren't worth it.  Luckily he got to keep the scholarship and is working as a team manager, but the school and NCAA really tried to fuck with him about it, trying to not take responsibility.  

52 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said he got pushback on twitter for saying that players should find other ways to show anger with Trump.

Ford Jr said he would stand & sing during the national anthem. 

Interesting how most of the people who don't agree with the protests will never know what it's like to suffer police brutality, social injustice, etc. 

Do they not understand that doing this during a game on national tv DRAWS ATTENTION TO THE PROBLEM!??!!

Say you wouldn't do it, fine, but don't you ever fucking tell someone that a respectful peaceful protest is wrong, when you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Love to see the cops pull Joe over, throw him on the ground tase him and throw him in jail for a couple days for being an old white douchebag. 

• Love 9

As always Joe is so concerned about the generals: Mattis, McMaster and Kelly. At this point trump has made them look like the Three Stooges.

Sorry the fat blob in the White House knows nothing about anything but he's in charge. Really? Who else would get into a childish name calling war with anyone? And by the way way, if he ever bothered to study anything, maybe he would find out that burning a flag is covered under the 1st Amendment.  I find that more puzzling that the outrage over kneeling.

29 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Yes they do. A good friend's son won a full ride scholarship to Indiana State University, and in his freshman year, during practice, the coaches had them do this drill which a lot of teams don't do any longer because it leads to injury.  I think it's standing in a circle, the coach calls out two players numbers blows a whistle and they run at each other as hard as they can.

Nick is like 6'5" 250 lbs so he can take a hit. He ended up with a concussion so bad he had to drop off the team, and they learned he had had a couple concussions while playing in high school.  He was very very ill for 2-3 months. He's better now,  and very happy he's not playing anymore. He learned the risks aren't worth it.  Luckily he got to keep the scholarship and is working as a team manager, but the school and NCAA really tried to fuck with him about it, trying to not take responsibility.  

Interesting how most of the people who don't agree with the protests will never know what it's like to suffer police brutality, social injustice, etc. 

Do they not understand that doing this during a game on national tv DRAWS ATTENTION TO THE PROBLEM!??!!

Say you wouldn't do it, fine, but don't you ever fucking tell someone that a respectful peaceful protest is wrong, when you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Love to see the cops pull Joe over, throw him on the ground tase him and throw him in jail for a couple days for being an old white douchebag. 

It's horrible how rough the kids can get hurt playing college football. Why does Joe support College Football but no the NFL football?

Roger Bennett , soccer guy who downed a few red bulls before appearing on the segment came on. 

He rambled about Lawrence O Donnell complaining about hammers. He trashed The coaches of the losing teAm.

No one else on the panel knows anything about UK football. It's a waste of time.

He has a show called Men in Blazers.

Mika mocked Trump for calling Namibia Namibia.

Mika introduced the South Dakota senator as being from North Dakota. He corrected her.

Cantwell from Washington likes the Costco plan of buying health insurance in bulk. 

Mika & Joe complained about Tom Price taking private jets to the Ritz in California.

Murkowski & Collins cannot be bribed with benefits for their states to vote yes on GOP cares according to Joe

Mika changed clothes at 8 30 am. She is wearing a black blazer with a white v neck top. Joe is still wearing a suit.

• Love 2

Kushner forwarded private emails to his government account. They are not classified according to his lawyers.

Biden is speaking in South Carolina.

Will he run in 2020?

Howard Dean is dying his hair black . Why?

His hair is a mess.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, oakville said:

Howard Dean is dying his hair black . Why?

His hair is a mess.

I saw that as I walked out the door.   Seriously.  WHY??!!

It's like when Howard Fineman used to die his hair reddish and it looked god awful. Finally let it go gray and looks so much better.  

Hey Oakville, sorry this is a little late, but hope you're feeling better, and of course thanks for all the recaps!!  Best wishes for a speedy recovery! 

• Love 1

As always Joe is so concerned about the generals: Mattis, McMaster and Kelly. At this point trump has made them look like the Three Stooges.

This show's fawning adulation of these military guys - and the fawning extends to Mika and Barnicle - makes me ill. The purpose of a civilian commander-in-chief is to provide a check on disproportionate military power on civic society. Not for nothing, it was Eisenhower who warned us all of the growingly powerful encroachment of the military industrial complex - because he knew of which he spoke.  Too bad the country didn't listen to him.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I saw that as I walked out the door.   Seriously.  WHY??!!

It's like when Howard Fineman used to die his hair reddish and it looked god awful. Finally let it go gray and looks so much better.  

Hey Oakville, sorry this is a little late, but hope you're feeling better, and of course thanks for all the recaps!!  Best wishes for a speedy recovery! 

1 hour ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

Happy to see you recapping, Oakville, but please also remember to get some rest and take care of yourself!

Thanks!  I am feeling better today. It's weird having 3 hours to watch the show. I usually leave for work by 715 am.

Joe's hair is very fluffy today. 

Joes big line today is to stop being Pavlovian dogs about Trumps tweets. Start focusing on Puerto Rico .

Its also strange that they haven't mentioned the German election. Merkel  did worse than expected. The right wing AFD is in parliament now. 

53 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh my goodness this is awesome.  Mika and Joe have a Facebook live chat that just ended:

Oh my! Mika is wearing her engagement ring on the right hand. This is done by Eastern Orthodox women.

Mika is talking about killing her chickens.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stormy said:

OMG  Only this panel could spend nearly an hour discussing the NFL and not have a former player or coach on.

Agreed. They didn't even discuss why the players are mad. I am convinced that whoever books guests for this show is not doing a good job. Try to get better guests for the topics you are discussing. The new Senators were fine.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, oakville said:

Thanks!  I am feeling better today. It's weird having 3 hours to watch the show. I usually leave for work by 715 am.

Joe's hair is very fluffy today. 

Joes big line today is to stop being Pavlovian dogs about Trumps tweets. Start focusing on Puerto Rico .

Its also strange that they haven't mentioned the German election. Merkel  did worse than expected. The right wing AFD is in parliament now. 

Oh my! Mika is wearing her engagement ring on the right hand. This is done by Eastern Orthodox women.

I won't be able to watch this until I get home from work. What were they talking about? What was the point of it?

Bill Karins, the MSNBC/NBC meteorologist, who has been so excellent the past few weeks, made a point during his report that Trump hadn't tweeted about the situation in Puerto Rico this weekend. Those people are in such life threatening, terribly suffering situations, and the President of the United States choses to stir up division by repeatedly attacking NFL and NBA players. Good move, Bill.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 4

Sara Eisen brought up the German election at 8:50 am. Joe said the centre held!. The euro is down. Joe said Merkel & Macron are centrists.

Joe said centrists in Europe have to worry about open borders. Joe said the extreme right benefits from open borders. 

Once again, no special guest to discuss the German election.

36 minutes ago, cased said:

I won't be able to watch this until I get home from work. What were they talking about? What was the point of it?

The Facebook chat is weird. Joe keeps calling for his assistant to come into the room to explain how the chat works. Joe said billions are watching his Facebook Live chat. That is an exaggeration.

• Love 1

Wonder why Joey Rocknroll didn't play at the Global Citizen Festival.   

Talk about a crowd bigger than Trump's inauguration.  Angels were smiling on me Saturday night, I just happened to turn it on when Green Day took the stage. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

Bill Karins, the MSNBC/NBC meteorologist, who has been so excellent the past few weeks, made a point during his report that Trump hadn't tweeted about the situation in Puerto Rico this weekend. Those people are in such life threatening, terribly suffering situations, and the President of the United States choses to stir up division by repeatedly attacking NFL and NBA players. Good move, Bill.

I felt this was one of the most striking moments of the show today.   I thought, "This is Trump's Katrina moment," and on the heels of that, "But nobody cares because it's Puerto Rico."   Trump is guilty of not caring, but so are the media, and so are we.   Scarborough cited logistics as one of the reasons that help isn't getting to Puerto Rico but I suspect the reason goes deeper than damaged ports and airstrips.   I read yesterday that Hillary publicly implored Trump to send the Navy there to assist with the recovery.   But all we heard from Trump was NFL bloviating.

• Love 5

2 HOURS AGO, KENZ SAID:

I felt this was one of the most striking moments of the show today.   I thought, "This is Trump's Katrina moment," and on the heels of that, "But nobody cares because it's Puerto Rico."   Trump is guilty of not caring, but so are the media, and so are we.   Scarborough cited logistics as one of the reasons that help isn't getting to Puerto Rico but I suspect the reason goes deeper than damaged ports and airstrips.   I read yesterday that Hillary publicly implored Trump to send the Navy there to assist with the recovery.   But all we heard from Trump was NFL bloviating.

To be fair, MSNBC & CNN have been covering PR every single day.    During the day and prime time.  JoMika were talking to someone down there either Thursday or Friday morning. People are donating $ and supplies. Jennifer Lopez donated $1 million. Linn Manuel Miranda has been talking about it.   Stephanie Ruhle was down there last week too. 

Hillary Clinton tweeted yesterday  about sending the Navy and the USNS Comfort down there.  So did change.org.   The military doesn't have to wait for Mr. Knucklehead to direct them, do they? Or else they'll be heading to NFL training facilities this week to round up players. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, oakville said:

He rambled about Lawrence O Donnell complaining about hammers.

I watched that video, and unless I saw a highly edited version, I don't understand what the big deal is. It certainly wasn't on a par with O'Reilly's melt down, and tbh, I've seen Joe lose it way more over nothing on air. At least Lawrence's melt down wasn't on air. 

Yes he lost his temper, but not that bad.  I'm Irish, too, and that was nothing. Imagine you're the host of a tv show and everything's going to hell, and you're the one on camera. You can't just say, I guess we have to stop til the control room realizes they're chit chatting in my ear and the crew is hammering while I'm live. 

I'm pretty sure if we had cameras and microphones on all of us all day, we'd all sound like assholes occasionally. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, oakville said:

I think it was a mirror image through the selfie camera and FB live stream -- Joe's part was on the other side, too.  I think the ring is on the left.  

I had been wondering how well Mika's roosters would go over up in Bronxville... they need to move to Joe's 40 acres in CT.

• Love 1