Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

Im confused.  Joe mentioned several times about the need for relief after Irma hits.  What did I miss?

Joe has been arguing with people on twitter all morning that he would not vote for the debt ceiling without entitlement reform. 

This.  If he's saying he wouldn't have voted for this bill w the Harvey relief. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, teddysmom said:

This.  If he's saying he wouldn't have voted for this bill w the Harvey relief. 

Yeah, sounds like his show comments and twitter comments don't match.  I don't have a twitter account, so I'll see what he says tomorrow.  Confusing for sure!

51 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

Mike Barnacle quote from this morning: "Long term thinking for Donald Trump is "What's for lunch?"  I love Mike Barnacle....

So do I.  I wish he was able to speak more.  They need to lose Halperin.

• Love 5

By entitlement reform, Joe means "reforming" Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid. (The last major reform proposal was in the mid-2000s when Bush actually entertained a proposal for Social Sec to be put in the market, which would have been disastrous in 2007-08. Funny how those who scream about entitlement reform focus on those programs and not, say, military spending or corporate entitlements but I digress.)

But that is different from hurricane relief. Joe can support Harvetly/Irma relief and entitlement reform with logical consistency.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Elise's true colors (Rand Paul staff) finally coming thru. Okay, Elise, then no corporate tax cuts, cut military spending by 15%, no more subsidies to oil companies, (Exxon gets $1 BILLION/year). We good? 

We have to raise the debt ceiling in order to pay our debts. You can have your little budget battle later.  What in the fucking fuck don't these people get? 

Yeah Republicans and libertarians are generally ignorant about economics.  They warned that the Fed lowering rates to zero and then doing quantitative easing for years would lead to runaway inflation.

Um, so where is that inflation?

They dismissed the stock market going up under Obama as "asset inflation" due to central banks printing money.  But now, in the first few months of the Trump administration, the stock market continued to go up and they're crowing about how great his policies are.  

Um, they've yet to pass "tax reform" or any other substantive fiscal legislation.

You want to know about the party of fiscal responsibility?  Before the 2004 elections, Bush's FEMA was giving away millions to Floridians, paying out all kinds of dubious claims for hurricane relief and that secured FL for them in the 2004 elections.

• Love 8

Friday Recap. Mika is wearing a new navy blue top with a round opening around the neck. Joe is in the Bunker with a blue tie with white spots.

First topic is Bill Karins & Huricane Watch. It looks like it will hit Florida. This is bad news.

Second Topic. Joe applauding himself for being right about Trump working with Democrats.

Trump is very happy to get some things done. He likes the positive coverage in the media.

He even sent out a tweet to reassure the Dreamers that there will be no deportations over the next 6 months.

Halperin said the media elite will be happy with Trump as long as he works with Democrats & supports liberal policies.

At 6 12 am, Mika blamed the GOP for being spineless & wimpy for not standing up to Trump when he did reprehensible things.

Mika is very mad at the GOP. Joe is trying to calm her down. Ryan is getting screwed.

Joe likes Ben Sasse but admits that they have to repeal & replace Obamacare. They failed , so Trump will work with Democrats for now.

Mika said Trump was a bigot & Ryan should stand up to him.

Halperin said that people like to see the government working for peple.

The GOP thought they could use Trump as a patsy to get their agenda done. Heilemann said it is a marriage of convenience.

Heilemann warned Pelosi & Shumer that the Democratic Base will not tolerate Trump working with them.

Joe is complaining about the debt ceiling. He wants the deficit stopped. LOL!

Kasie! is looking lovely in the Library with a light blue top. Why is Kasie wearing so much red lipstick?

Today's term is deal with the Devil.

• Love 1

What happens if Trump switches sides?

Clips of Joe being right about Trump doing business with Democrats. 175 GOP + 45 Democrats.

More clips of  Joe being right about not touching healthcare.

Mika is giddy about Joe being right!. The bunker will be busy tonight!.

Joe said there are enough swing Democrats that will support with Infrastructure & lower taxes on the middles class.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, millennium said:

If the show didn't air so early in the morning, this would be a good candidate for one of those "do a shot every time he says it" drinking games.

There is a drinking game for Morning Joe. 

I had to leave for work but I wonder how the interview with Jen went.

I think I will watch the interview with Bannon on Sunday

• Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Second Topic. Joe applauding himself for being right about Trump working with Democrats.

Yes, and the bragging party got going by Mika. Her awe that he was right way back in the day when he said Trump would eventually make nice with the Dems. Followed by a vomit-inducing montage of Joe being right. I always hate when Joe and Mika get going into the routine where they pat themselves on the back endlessly. Reminds me of the first few weeks after the election when every moment was taken up with this nonsense. 

• Love 4

Was I hallucinating or did Mark Meadows give Joe an honorary membership into the Dipshit Club: We Have No Clue How The Economy of the US works, And Will Line Up with the Devil to Destroy this Country if it means we Can Eliminate a Social Safety Net Entitlement Program and go home and brag about it to idiots who actually made signs that read "No Pubic Option"-  aka Tea Party/Freedom Caucus, and did Joe say he accepted but they weren't conservative enough for him. 

I take it that last part is his lame idea of a joke, which he should leave to the professionals, ie not him. 

• Love 6

I think Joe wants to go back to being more cordial with Trump now that he is working with Democrats.

Mika did not get the memo & continues to attack Yrump & the GOP.

Trump watches cable tv for news reports.

If he finds out that Joe likes him again, he will be happy.

I agree with Joe that Trump wanted wins. He doesn't care about the specifics of healthcare.

Pelosi & Shumer might convince Trump to sign DACA & get more infrastructure.

The freedom caucus is impossible to deal with because they don't want to make deals for the overall good.

Joe is still pretending to be a balanced budget hawk but you can't do that with hurricane relief

Clips of Joe being right about Trump doing business with Democrats. 175 GOP + 45 Democrats.

Well, it was more than that. It was a montage of clips of Joe calling Trump a Democrat. Sorry, the Dems might be a bunch of mealy-mouthed corporate centrists but there is no way a Democrat would have imposed the travel ban or rescinded DACA or tried to destroy the ACA or pardoned Joe Arpaio or picked a cabinet with Perry or DeVos or Carson or Sessions or Price or Pruitt. Sorry Joe that dog don't hunt.

And again with Joe boasting that DeLay stopped approaching him when he was in Congress when DeLay was whip because Joe was so gosh-darn independent.  The numbers just don't support that hindsight.

• Love 5

Speaking of Trump, Florida, and Hurricane relief.....I saw this on one of the MSNBC shows yesterday.  Even loyalists to Trump stated Mar-A-Lago did not sustain that much damage.  Trump admitted he pocketed some of the money.

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2016-10-24/trump-took-17-million-in-insurance-for-damage-few-remember 

It's how the rich continue to get richer, and the true needy get left behind.  

Mika was not happy this morning with Joe's praise of Trump.  I detest her little smirks and faces.

Halperin needs some lip gloss....his lips look grey on my television.

• Love 6

Joe seemed to me to be the only one congratulating trump for working with his new BFF's. I hope Schumer and Pelosi have an ulterior motive because I agree with Heilemann, the Democratic base won't like this.

The bigger question is, will the "lock her up" crowd like it? This is more than doing deals with Democrats for them.

On the positive side, if he's dumb enough to work with the Dems, it makes them more powerful. And getting control of Congress? Impeach him!

• Love 2

The way Joe, and Ignatius to a lesser extent, tried to spin the narrative that Obama failed vs ISIS and Trump turned it around was particularly nauseating.   First, Joe blames Obama for ISIS and couches that claim in the douchiest language, "Well, we all know and it's well documented that Obama's failures led to the growth of ISIS," like it's a well established fact.  Joe was against staying in Iraq, against intervening with ISIS, and against intervening in Syria, until he changed his mind and was for it when he looked backwards.  Douche.  And Ignatius had all this praise for Trump because after Trump fucked up the failed assault in Yemen, Trump has just disengaged and leaves the military to their own devices cuz the men intimidate him.  Ignatius says that commanders like not having to explain their decisions, and in that way Trump is a great leader.  Ignatius said that the military was tired of having their decisions reviewed their commanders.  And Joe of course confirms this because LBJ liked to bomb fixed targets during Vietnam instead of letting the US Army just do whatever the soldiers want to.. because that is precisely what Obama did, or something.  What a douche.

• Love 8

The way Joe, and Ignatius to a lesser extent, tried to spin the narrative that Obama failed vs ISIS and Trump turned it around was particularly nauseating.   First, Joe blames Obama for ISIS and couches that claim in the douchiest language, "Well, we all know and it's well documented that Obama's failures led to the growth of ISIS," like it's a well established fact.  Joe was against staying in Iraq, against intervening with ISIS, and against intervening in Syria, until he changed his mind and was for it when he looked backwards.  Douche.  And Ignatius had all this praise for Trump because after Trump fucked up the failed assault in Yemen, Trump has just disengaged and leaves the military to their own devices cuz the men intimidate him.  Ignatius says that commanders like not having to explain their decisions, and in that way Trump is a great leader.  Ignatius said that the military was tired of having their decisions reviewed their commanders.  And Joe of course confirms this because LBJ liked to bomb fixed targets during Vietnam instead of letting the US Army just do whatever the soldiers want to.. because that is precisely what Obama did, or something.  What a douche.

The one thing Joe & Trump have in common is their insane jealousy of Barack Obama. Let it go, boys. You couldn't  carry his jock strap, you will never be in his league. 

• Love 14

The way Joe, and Ignatius to a lesser extent, tried to spin the narrative that Obama failed vs ISIS and Trump turned it around was particularly nauseating.

I have learned to basically check out during any discussion of foreign policy on this show. All they usually do is parrot the DC establishment/Council on Foreign Relations neocon bullshit that has created hellholes they don't have to live in and where their privileged children will never have to serve.

• Love 4

I'm wondering if Joe & Mika are "on a break".

After the on air tension/blow ups now they are in separate locations, and they seem a little stiff with each other.

Yesterday I think it was Mika was talking and she was rather formal with Joe "Yes, I was wondering if you want to confirm that, Joe".  

And I think this morning Haas once again told Joe to let him finish talking that he still had another point to make, and then Joe went to his butt buddy Halperin. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, oakville said:

I am pretty sure that Trumps house in St Martin was damaged. It's up for sale for $17m.

Another chunk of change coming his way.  The article I posted was about 17 million paid after hurricane Wilma....on Mar-A-Lago.

2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

The one thing Joe & Trump have in common is their insane jealousy of Barack Obama. Let it go, boys. You couldn't  carry his jock strap, you will never be in his league. 

AMEN~~~!!!!!

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Landsnark said:

ISIS wouldn't exist if Bush didn't invade Iraq.  Pretty sure Joe supported that stupid, pointless war.

By the time Obama took office, Bush had signed an agreement with Maliki, whom he installed.  Malki's sectarian policies drove the Sunnis to ISIS, including many of Saddam's former commanders, who made ISIS more effective militarily.

All the terrorist attacks perpetrated against the US and Europe have come from Sunnis, though none while Saddam was in power.

So US forces were set to leave Iraq by the time Obama took office and that's what Maliki and the Sunnis wanted.  The US didn't have any appetite to continue fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan either.  That was one of the reasons Obama won the election.  Hawkish McCain made it clear that if he won, US was going to continue an aggressive strategy.

Of course ISIS grew during Obama's first year and now you get this revisionism that he was at fault, that he withdrew, that when the US steps away from the world, bad things happen.  Just more neocon bullshit.

I don't know if Joe fully drank the neocon Kool Aid but he didn't have to.  During the Bush years, the whole Republican party was on that juice.  Of course with the way the Bush administration ended, for a time the party repudiated many of the policies during the Bush administration.

But it wouldn't be long before they readopted them.  Romney would have had neocons running foreign policy.  Trump may yet get in bed with the neocons by the time it's over.  He's not ramping down the US military involvement in Afghanistan.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I'm wondering if Joe & Mika are "on a break".

After the on air tension/blow ups now they are in separate locations, and they seem a little stiff with each other.

Yesterday I think it was Mika was talking and she was rather formal with Joe "Yes, I was wondering if you want to confirm that, Joe".  

And I think this morning Haas once again told Joe to let him finish talking that he still had another point to make, and then Joe went to his butt buddy Halperin. 

I agree their body language when they are on set has changed.  Maybe Joe is trying to make amends (again) as he posted this on Twitter today:

• Love 1

Joe was getting upset at Haas for advocating more talks on a nuclear freeze by North Korea. Joe wants China to take out Kim & put someone more reasonable in power. Joe doesn't want to wait around for North Korea to develop a nuclear weapon or worse, sell one to Isis. Joe said Isis would be very happy to detonate a nuclear bomb in Times Square. I am glad that Joe has set up several bunkers in Nantucket, Maine & Connecticut. Joe could broadcast from the bunkers in the event of a nuclear blast.

Mika was moaning yesterday when Joe said that Pence was supporting Trump's shift to dealing with Pelosi & Shumer. The goal is to get things done.

Mika & Heilemann are upset that Trump will look good. They both have a vested interest in the Trump is an evil buffoon narrative.

Kasie & Joe were surprised that Charlie Dent was retiring. There are 3 moderate GOP congressmen who are retiring in 2018. The Democrats could pick up those seats.

• Love 1
On 9/8/2017 at 8:33 AM, oakville said:

I am pretty sure that Trumps house in St Martin was damaged. It's up for sale for $17m.

If he gets any money it won't be coming from FEMA. If he has insurance they'll pay him or maybe the French/Dutch governments  version of FEMA will....if they have one.  

I always find it interesting what hosts on MSNBC or CNN don't seem "up for" hosting during a national disaster. i doubt Joe and Mika are up to the job. Odd time for day off. Nothing on twitter about attending an event for anything.

• Love 1

Holy shit, you guys. Hell has frozen over. Joe actually said something that made me want to stand up and cheer.

Mealy-mouthed Harold Ford started regurgitating the media/party line about how "Mike Pence was lied to," and Joe cut him off at the knees, saying, "From now on, we need to say 'Mike Pence CLAIMS he was lied to."

Fascinating!

PS Ford never says anything original. Now he is blathering about Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan. That was what, 35 years ago? Get over it; it was never that big a thing anyway. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Holy crap that storm did a number on us here in Charleston.  Nowhere near the eye and the flooding is unprecedented.

That's horrible. They showed a clip of the flooding this morning. That was not expected.

5 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I always find it interesting what hosts on MSNBC or CNN don't seem "up for" hosting during a national disaster. i doubt Joe and Mika are up to the job. Odd time for day off. Nothing on twitter about attending an event for anything.

I do recall Joe handling an airplane crash in Buffalo for a few hours about 5 years ago. Mika did cover a storm a few years ago.

Mika was on the ground during 9/11.

Mika runs out of breadth sometimes when she is covering these events.

I was watching CNN. They did a good job of covering the Hurricane.

9 hours ago, chillenout said:

If he gets any money it won't be coming from FEMA. If he has insurance they'll pay him or maybe the French/Dutch governments  version of FEMA will....if they have one.  

We went to St Martin in 2015. It is so sad to see the island wipe out & looters taking over. Trump's house was on the water.

The French government is planning to rebuild their part of the island.

12 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I survived Irma here in Orlando but it was the scariest night of my life.  I'm very lucky to have power restored already as most in the state don't.

Glad you are safe. !

Tuesday Recap. Mika & Joe are on set together. Mika is wearing her a black sleeveles dress . I think it is the one she wore when she posed with her legs up in the air. Joe is wearing a tartan red tie.

Mika is still wearing her engagement ring!

They covered the hurricane for 9 minutes. The damage for Florida could have been much worse.

The Bannon interview is topic #2.

Bannon blamed Kushner for firing Comey. It was a political disaster , because the Mueller investigation followed it.

Jim Vaderhei is excited about the incompetence of firing Comey.

Joe is defending  Jared Kushner. Trump gave him too much work to do. The disclosure forms are complicated. I doubt they will show clips of Mika & Joe complimenting Kushner for being so bright:)

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

Joe says that Kushner should have remembered meetings about Russia. Joe said its like a James Bond movie.

Joe does not believe the Pence is an innocent rube about Russia.

Barnicle said that Trump didn't think they would win * would get financial help for the 666 Madison Avenue building in NY

Joe is happy that Trump is tweeting about normal topics. Joe is happy about Trump meeting with Democrats.

Haas is happy that Trump is behaving normally for the past week.

Mika said it was a good turn of events.

The show is 22 minutes in & Mika has not accused Trump of being mentally unstable. Progress!

• Love 3

Joe said red state Democrats will support Trump's infrastructure plans. Ford said the Democrats who voted for Gorsuch will be more likely to support Trump.

Joe said Trump will work more with Democrats as his poll numbers rise.

Mika was happy that Peters will be on the show to discuss the GOP breaking into 2 parties.

Haas said the Russians are helping the North Koreans with sanctions.

Joe is being tough on North Korea. Joe does not want a nuclear weapon aimed at Seattle. You have to do something about it.

Morning Joe hasn't discussed 9/11 yet. China won't take out Kim according to Haas. Joe disagrees. Joe wants a coup against Kim.

Kim killed his uncle.

Hillary is back. She is mad at Comey for opening up the investigation into her emails.  She said Russia meddled into the election.

Hillary is upset with the election results. They even bought a guest house for the secret service. She is mad at Bernie who isn't a Democrat.

Mika & Joe are mad at Hillary for making wall street speeches. It opened the door to the crooked hillary allegations.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, oakville said:

Hillary is back. She is mad at Comey for opening up the investigation into her emails.  She said Russia meddled into the election.

Hillary is upset with the election results. They even bought a guest house for the secret service. She is mad at Bernie who isn't a Democrat.

Mika & Joe are mad at Hillary for making wall street speeches. It opened the door to the crooked hillary allegations.

That segment with a Susan Page was pretty funny. James Vanderhei was all, "But...but...*she* gave the speeches, right?" It would be one thing if she was defending herself against lies, but the arrogance of being outraged that someone pointed out something sketchy that you did. And as to Page's explanation that Mrs. Clinton thinks this paved the way for Trump's "Crooked Hillary" stuff, is she that dumb to think Trump wouldn't bring up the speeches had Sanders not? That stupid bitch's D.C. Bar exam failure makes more sense every day. Lol at buying a house for your anticipated secret service detail.  

• Love 2

Ho hum. Another boring day on MJ.  These people sleepwalk through this show.

Joe now seems to think trump is normal bcause two horrific natural disasters have forced him to stop his insane tweets.

Heidi Heitkamp and Joe Manchin are dinos I don't care if they have breakfast, lunch and dinner with fat ass.

I thought Richard Haas had some good, snarky, comments about the Iranian agreement. Take that, trump!

• Love 3

The show is 22 minutes in & Mika has not accused Trump of being mentally unstable. 

Yea, but she basically accused Bannon of being mentally unstable.   Words were like "something is wrong/off with him. "  So everyone has to have a mental or dementia issue, they can't just be power hungry populist dickheads?

• Love 3

Richard Haas had some good, snarky, comments

He also handed Joe his ass about North Korea. Joe was blathering about China owning all of Kim's generals and they could take him out whenever they wanted. Richard disagreed and Joe is all "Richard Richard Richard".

Then Haas says, so Kim's uncle was the number one general in cahoots with China, and Kim had him executed.

SHUT IT DOWN!  Advantage Haas. 

• Love 4

So I checked the clips and saw several with Bannon and one with Christie and promptly closed my browser. Joe, for someone who can't stand Bannon, you're giving him precisely what he wants; attention. And Chris Christie just needs to find himself a nice private beach in, oh, I don't know...one of the Keys, maybe...and just enjoy a good storm surge. There is no reason, none, to give any attention, respect, or credence to those turds. But sure, let's not waste this opportunity to bash HRC, who's clearly just a whining attention whore, too, but you know...vaginas. They're scary. They're the devil. O beware those Summer's Eve tunnels of love....they're worse than any anarchist hollywood wannabe crybaby who wants to throw the game board flying off the table because he's just that much of an a-hole. 

Or maybe I'm just crabby because I see Confessore on some of those clips and I'd like to listen to him, but feel lazy about fast forwarding through all the Bannon dreck. 

Maybe the Tur clips are worth it. 

*girds loins and pulls browser back up*

• Love 6

Couldn't anyone on the panel this morning just say"Hillary STFU".

I'm over her. 

You know, they don't spend a lot of time on her, relatively speaking. When that book Shattered came out they barely mentioned it. I suspect that Halperin is still working on whatever gossipy tell-all he usually does after elections and they want to keep him from being too pre-empted.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

He also handed Joe his ass about North Korea. Joe was blathering about China owning all of Kim's generals and they could take him out whenever they wanted. Richard disagreed and Joe is all "Richard Richard Richard".

Then Haas says, so Kim's uncle was the number one general in cahoots with China, and Kim had him executed.

SHUT IT DOWN!  Advantage Haas. 

That's a good point. It would be easier to have a coup in North Korea led by a pro China general. 

If this was the Middle East, Joe would brag about all his contacts knowing what to do.

• Love 1