Type keyword(s) to search

Sleepy Hollow in the Media

This life is incredibly sweet. It is. Somehow a deeper sense of gratitude has taken hold, I love y'all.

I was honestly keeping my shit together until I read this, then BOOM burst into tears. Neeeeekeeeh!

I haven't rooted this hard for someone to rule the world since Nia Long (Kat Speakes!). It  STILL creases me Nia isn't a bigger deal. Remember how damn CUTE she was in Made in America? Sigh. Nikki reminds me of her in as much as she is cute and sexy and so so talented, more so even I don't know that Nia can sing. While I agree with the idea that Empire and Sleepy Hollow don't naturally share an audience ( although dude they have the biggest audience on tv so it seems likely there is SOME crossover) I do like the idea that they might have Nikki guest star on Empire next season.  It was a fairly common source of cross promotion in the 90's especially on ER, and big ensemble shows.

• Love 2

[*] Empire only had 12 episodes this season, which gave Terrance Howard time to to play in the 10-episode Wayward Pines.

Actually, Wayward Pines was done filming over a year ago and Fox kept pushing its air-date back, which already tells you about the quality of that show. Considering the cast and the curiosity M. Night still brings, were it worth watching, it would have already aired. So Empire's episode run has nothing to do with WP. In fact, Empire's success probably inspired Fox to dust WP off in an effort to capitalize on Empire's success. I suspect that Taraji P. Hensen and Lee Daniels prefer the shortened schedule so they can do other projects.

To get back to media news, this was retweeted on Clifton Campbell's Twitter page:  So kind!

Clifton Campbell retweeted

The Glades Writers @TGWritersOffice  ·  24h 24 hours ago

All you #TheGlades fans, hope you're ready to join @CCInnuendo and become #Sleepyheads! https://deadline.com/2015/03/sleepy-hollow-renewed-season-3-clifton-campbell-new-showrunner-1201394622/ … #sleepyhollow

This is so awesome!! He must be good - they're supporting him!! Awesome.

• Love 1

Actually, Wayward Pines was done filming over a year ago and Fox kept pushing its air-date back, which already tells you about the quality of that show. Considering the cast and the curiosity M. Night still brings, were it worth watching, it would have already aired.

I didn't know that!  I think having M Night Shamalongadingdong attached might actually hurt -- he wore out his welcome a long time back foe many people (with Signs for me).

• Love 3

I didn't know that! I think having M Night Shamalongadingdong attached might actually hurt -- he wore out his welcome a long time back foe many people (with Signs for me).

True, but aside from the cast, people would have tuned in to see if they were witnessing the latest train wreck that marks the continuing skid of a once promising career, or the resurrection of the talent that drew them in the first place. Either way, they morbid curiosity would have meant viewers for a few episodes. Not airing it in a year where they have been plagued with ratings problems aside from Gotham and Empire lets me know that even Fox wasn't desperate enough to trot Wayward Pines out until they realized they could latch on to Terrence Howard's Empire success.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 1

"We've got a 10-episode hole in our schedule. What's the least bad thing we can fill it with?"

"Well, there's Wayward Pines.  It's pretty ghastly but we can play up M Night's fall -- "THIS is the show that brings him back!"  That sort of BS.  And Terrance Howard will bring in a bunch of ratings."

"OK, good.  Go find it in the junk pile, give it a good dusting and we're good to go."

Does not exactly fill me with confidence

• Love 3

I read the book that Wayward Pines is based on. It was not good, so I was already iffy about the series. Hearing about M Night's involvement and the airing delay just makes me sure it's gonna suck.

Here's an opinion piece about fixes for Sleepy Hollow. I honestly don't agree that a romance is necessarily bad, but I would prefer it to be slow building and subtle if it ever happened. I hated what the Olivia/Peter relationship did to Fringe.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/sleepy-hollow-saved-5-fixes-for-season-3-114062445520.html

• Love 2

This is so awesome!! He must be good - they're supporting him!! Awesome.

"The Glades" appears to have had one tight fandom that always had the full support of their showrunner/writers etc.  Did a little Internet browsing on Campbell and the show and, (IMO),  Sleepy Hollow is very fortunate to have him.   Here are a few (old) media tidbits:

The beginning of a message Campbell posted to "The Glades" fans when A&E suddenly cancelled the show:

Here is a recent letter from Clifton Campbell, Executive Producer for "The Glades":

"Congratulations Gladeiators on hitting the 10,000 signature milestone! The holidays have kept us all busy but I didn't want another minute to go by before I extended a heartfelt thanks and congratulations to each and every one of you for your continued love and support of our little Glades family. Your commitment to the show and our amazing cast and crew is humbling and I know I speak for all of us in thanking you and offering our sincerest apologies for the way we came to such an unexpected and abrupt end. We only wish we could pay you back for all your loyalty by finding a way to finish our story the right way. We were all caught off guard and would never disrespect our fans and loyal audience by ending the show this way -- quite the opposite. The jaw dropping Season 4 cliffhanger was designed to lead us into a very powerful and exciting Season 5 and beyond. . .

From the "The Glades" writers Facebook page around the same time:

The Glades Writers' Office

September 23, 2013 ·

Last week, someone on a fake account began harassing all our fans who were posting their support on The Glades on A&E page. This person kept regurgitating the same rant about how uninformed our fans were (see picture).

First, that's immature and disgraceful. Fans are expressing their disappointment about one of their favorite shows being cancelled, and you are belittling them and calling them ignorant. Grow up. Our fans have every right to feel disrespected by this type of attitude towards them. . .

last paragraph from above Facebook message:

So to all our fans who are continuing to post on Facebook and Twitter about the show, signing the petitions to bring it back, and writing A&E executives expressing your frustration, we--who worked on The Glades--hear you and thank you. We are still trying our hardest to find a way to get Jim Longworth back on your TV screens, and every message of support you post online and every signature on a petition helps us.

Please continue to let your voice be heard! We are listening!

Just wow!  Like I said, bring on Season 3 and welcome, Mr. Campbell.  I think Sleepy Hollow has finally found its rightful showrunner.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 3
Just wow!  Like I said, bring on Season 3 and welcome, Mr. Campbell.  I think Sleepy Hollow has finally found its rightful showrunner.

All of that sounds wonderful - so respectful to the fans. I think he will be an incredible addition. Here is something else he reblogged in his twitter that made me go. WHAA?? Don't tease me, man!!

Video in the link NSFW.

Mia @dotty_hollow  ·  Mar 21

Rewatching #TheGlades and thanking the gods/@FOXTV that @CCInnuendo is now in charge of #Ichabbie...

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CAqR7OtUcAAlFhF.mp4

Some more SH media that popped up this week:

Tom Mison and Neil Jackson were at MCM Comic Con Birmingham this past weekend.

Tom Mison Q&A video (20 minutes)

Tom Mison One on One Interview video (I would love to see him write an episode and direct one - think he'll be great at it).

Quick Article with Mison about Season 3. (seriously, I like the way this guy thinks)

GiveMeMyRemote Mison's Season 3 Wishes

ETA: There is an interview with Nicole Beharie that I tried to link by Digital Spy, but the link seems flaky right now. It worked before. I'll check it later and update this if it works.

I think Beharie is somewhere on vacation right now, which is why she isn't at the UK Comic Con and also isn't being featured, so people please don't freak out over all of the Mison links. It's just what I found recently.

• Love 2

Quick Article with Mison about Season 3. (seriously, I like the way this guy thinks)

GiveMeMyRemote Mison's Season 3 Wishes

I'm glad he didn't mince words about his feeling for this past season. I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been to see something he worked his ass off nearly get canceled due to incompetence. On a lighter note, I love his idea for a heist episode!

• Love 3
“I do think we need to get him a motorbike,” he said. “I would like to see the Ichabbie-mobile. Maybe Abbie riding the motorbike and Ichabod riding in the side car, that’s how they get around.”

• Love 3

The full text:

In Season 2, however, the show wandered a bit, and Noble got restless. "They didn't have a clue what to do, and so that meant it was a pretty unsatisfactory year for me," he says. He adds that he and co-star Tom Mison "were hoping to have more scenes together, because that's when it was really interesting, when Tom and I had the shots to bounce off each other. He loved it, and I did, too. And that just didn't happen." Still, Noble says he plans to check in with the Fox series as a viewer. "Obviously, a lot of thought has gone into what to do with Sleepy Hollow. And if this network is investing in another 18 episodes, then they must have had very strong reassurances that there is a major reboot," he says. "I'll be fascinated to see what the reboot is."

Wow. Just wow. Those are some strong words that I did not expect, I have to say. But I agree with it all. I wish there were more scenes of Noble and Mison together, but not just Henry whining about daddy. Again, our mantra all season has been "What a waste." Of Noble, of Greenwood, of Mison, of Beharie, Jones, of the whole season.

With Mison saying he was flat out bored with CFD, Noble saying they were clueless/he had an unsatisfactory year, subtle Beharie shading (which she never does), Greenwood saying she wished she had more to do, and over-the-top yet dead-on Orlando shading, you can't argue with that and claim the problem is only the thuggish fans. Note there were only two people (actor and showrunner) that were happy with this season.

I can just see the situation/conversation now:

SHWriters: "So, uh Tom, we're thinking of possible killing off Katrina. What do you think?"

Mison: (tries to not jump around in joy) (In calm voice) "I think that's a brilliant idea."

SHWriters: "We're not 100% sure though."

Mison: (outloud in serious tone): "Well, I think there is no other way to resolve this storyline. It would make a great finale."

Mison: (in his head) - Do it, do it! For god's sake, bloody well do it!

SHWriters: "Okay, yeah, I think we'll kill her off.

Mison: (exits the room, skipping in glee)

• Love 6

Wow. Just wow. Those are some strong words that I did not expect, I have to say. But I agree with it all. I wish there were more scenes of Noble and Mison together, but not just Henry whining about daddy. Again, our mantra all season has been "What a waste." Of Noble, of Greenwood, of Mison, of Beharie, Jones, of the whole season.

With Mison saying he was flat out bored with CFD, Noble saying they were clueless/he had an unsatisfactory year, subtle Beharie shading (which she never does), Greenwood saying she wished she had more to do, and over-the-top yet dead-on Orlando shading, you can't argue with that and claim the problem is only the thuggish fans. Note there were only two people (actor and showrunner) that were happy with this season.

SHWriters: "So, uh Tom, we're thinking of possible killing off Katrina. What do you think?"

Mison: (tries to not jump around in joy) (In calm voice) "I think that's a brilliant idea."

SHWriters: "We're not 100% sure though."

Mison: (outloud in serious tone): "Well, I think there is no other way to resolve this storyline. It would make a great finale."

Mison: (in his head) - Do it, do it! For god's sake, bloody well do it!

SHWriters: "Okay, yeah, I think we'll kill her off.

Mison: (exits the room, skipping in glee)

I agree completely, Halcyon Days

I've been binge watching Vikings lately. Which is such a good show with a very consistent and well-written story-line that will slowly develop a theme over the course of a season that is totally consistent with the characters and what has happened in the past on the show. Interestingly, Michael Hirst is the sole writer for the show--also for The Tudors.

I just read an interesting interview here:http://www.scriptmag.com/features/vikings-michael-hirst-writing-tv-series-solo-critics-historical-accuracy with him and he mentions writing a "bible" for the season that many here have mentioned as being needed for SH. 

I guess I would love to see a single competent writer with a clear vision for the show take over on SH. (Or at least limit the writers to just 2 or 3). So much of car-wreck that was season 2 of SH can, (IMO) be attributed to the lack of a coherent vision of the characters, season, Myth-arc, and plot.

• Love 3

Ha!  The funny thing is, he flat out said that out loud and on the record in a post-mortem interview of the finale.

All these things put together.... Mison's interviews where he is blatantly shipping Ichabbie (almost in defiance of the Prime Directive that 'All things lead to Katrina'), Orlando's shade tree he's been throwing throughout the second season, and now  John's remarks.... all gives a glimpse (finally) how frustrated the cast must have felt.

• Love 2

Poor John Noble! He deserved better than the crap he was given. I have to say though, that I don't think he should have been anything else than a guest star. Making him a regular was another mistake.

I also think he didn't have that much chemistry with Tom Mison, no matter how good the rapport between them was behind the camera. His best scenes were with Nicole, great chemistry there, and that's one of the reasons Henry should have never been anything else than a sin eater.

• Love 7

For Noble, his talents are so widely recognized from other work and the writing for S2 SH was so pathetic, he doesn't have to worry about this role effecting his demand.

I thought the S1 Noble - Mison scenes were very well done, but the storylines and writing S2 couldn't be saved even with the strength of the actors.

• Love 3

http://tvline.com/20...emories-photos/

John Noble isn't shy about his opinion on this season (you need to page through the photo gallery to page 10). Just one quote "They didn't have a clue what to do and so that meant it was a pretty unsatisfactory year for me," he says.

Remember that little tidbit that stated two people were really unhappy with Season 2, one whose name rhymed with Dyson and the other was "not" Nicole Behaire?   I guess we can now surmise Unhappy Person #2 was John Noble. 

• Love 2

I love that he made those statement to TV Line when ass kissing Ausiello was claiming S2 was just as good as S1 and was just fine and didn't need fixing at all. Guess we can that bullshit tv line, can't we.

• Love 2

I love that he made those statement to TV Line when ass kissing Ausiello was claiming S2 was just as good as S1 and was just fine and didn't need fixing at all. Guess we can that bullshit tv line, can't we.

I backed off Michael Ausiello when others posted how sick his husband (who eventually died) was.  But yes to this statement.  I don't think his high fiving Season 2 did the show any favors.  Unlike Maureen Ryan - who also had access but spoke her mind to Mark Goffman - who has the satisfaction of knowing her concerns were on target.  Rest of my comments on Therapy Board.

• Love 2

Yeah actually why his cheerleading bothered me is because he actually isn't typically a kiss ass, I've frequently seen him ask challenging confrontational questions to people pimping shows be it writers/showrunners/actors having to play it. He was very critical of the Kalinda husband arc on The Good Wife as was every other person on earth (same thing with Brody/Carrie on Homeland), his SH comments seemed in contrast like a tone deaf position for someone so usually dialed in to the fandom temperature, and wider critical response to a given show.

• Love 1

Yeah actually why his cheerleading bothered me is because he actually isn't typically a kiss ass, I've frequently seen him ask challenging confrontational questions to people pimping shows be it writers/showrunners/actors having to play it. He was very critical of the Kalinda husband arc on The Good Wife as was every other person on earth (same thing with Brody/Carrie on Homeland), his SH comments seemed in contrast like a tone deaf position for someone so usually dialed in to the fandom temperature, and wider critical response to a given show.

I think this is why I give him a pass for Season 2.  Seeing someone you deeply love slip away from you has to be hell.  Watching a storyline about a love that surpasses time and space may have been what he needed to keep himself whole.

http://tvline.com/2015/03/27/john-noble-fringe-sleepy-hollow-memories-photos/

John Noble isn't shy about his opinion on this season (you need to page through the photo gallery to page 10). Just one quote "They didn't have a clue what to do and so that meant it was a pretty unsatisfactory year for me," he says.

I couldn't agree more. Someone really needs to do that behind the scenes book soon.

I would call the book "For the Love of a Shocker, A Season Was Lost".  Honestly, beyond Internet chatter on how clever the reveal was, that whole the Sin Eater is the Crane's son storyline was (IMO) pointless.  ITA with others who said Noble's Sin Eater character worked much better for the show;  Noble should have been a "Special Guest Star" when needed. 

Honestly, SH needs to forget about these "shockers" and just write compelling episodes.  Think of the writers of "Misson Impossible":  Week after week, those writers had to do in one episode what writers today do in season long arcs.  Go old school SH and give us our bang for our bucks every damn week instead of Twitter trending finales that fizzle out the next season. 

ETA:  I'm not talking about resetting the story every week like in the days of MI.  I mean storylines such as "The Triumph of Evil" where what happened to Abbie and Jenny was the reason for the Sandman and yet the episode itself could be watched and enjoyed as a stand-alone.  That felt like old school, Mission Impossible, compelling writing, of which SH should aim for all the time. Not an entire season leading up to "The Sandman is Abbie's father" shocking finale  that's talked about everywhere but then goes pffft when the next season starts.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 2

I'm really glad to have reason to look forward to the next season.  And for whoever was responsible for doing the casting of the original cast, you've done and outstanding job because even when the stories sucked and the character defied logic, I still hoped for things to take a turn for the better because I genuinely found the cast likeable as individuals.

• Love 3

Tom is scheduled to appear at The Wizard World Comic Con in Las Vegas this April. I can only wonder what juicy tidbits he'll reveal during his panel! Also, I really hope they can get him for the stop in my city.

I worked at a coffee shop in the convention center during last years Wizard World, and it was nuts! I ran into Sean Astin in the prep room right after he finished his panel. I literally froze like a deer in the headlights, then remembered I needed cups and got back to work. Good times!

http://www.wizardworld.com/tommison.html

Another tweet from Clifton Campbell.  Does this man not realize he's causing certain heads to explode?  LOL

Clifton Campbell @CCInnuendo  ·  24h 24 hours ago

I'm confused. Why not Abbiebod? #normalizing #latetotheparty

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 1

Campbell also retweeted this:

Clifton Campbell retweeted
Joyce Williams @Joyce317jaw  ·  16h 16 hours ago

@ApplePasta @BlackGirlNerds I think season3 will be awesome especially with the creds of the new showrunner @CCInnuendo Keep It Beharie

Gotta love this guy. Also, some of "those" prople who are still trying to get Katrina back on the show are tweeting poor Clifton, but I have noticed not one retweet. That gives me warm fuzzies.

• Love 1

Yes, Sandra and her ilk are still tweeting him and the official Fox account and the @sleepywriters account. They aren't giving up on their epic love story. They are still fighting for Katrina to return and for Sleepy Hollow to become Pride and Prejudice. LOL. It's a handful of them over there who are really obsessed with colonial and other old time love stories which feature dainty, feminine women who sit around waiting for a man to show up and give them a reason to live. It's scary reading their tweets to one another. It's like they all want to live in a real life fairytale world.

As someone who loves Jane Austen and all her romantic pairings and wishes she could go to Austenland for a visit, I can sympathize with loving that kind of story.

But this is not that story, and in insisting TPTB try to turn it into one, they're missing the great story that is there.

• Love 9
(edited)

I never can understand why the number 18 scares some people. Hell, I wish Sleepy Hollow had 22 episodes like The Good Wife. That's the way shows used to be back in the day. They'd also have season finales in May and come back in September, 4 months later, not this nine month thing some networks are now doing.

If a group of writers can't craft a quality season in 18 episodes, they should find another profession. I'm glad the show was renewed for 18 because it shows the network has faith in the show. To have knocked it back down to 13 would have shown a lack of faith in the writers and especially the new showrunner.

It's not about whether or not the writers are talented enough to scrip 13, 18, 22 or more episodes it's about the Benjamins ... more episodes cost more money, money the network may not wish to invest in the show.  Also, some actors are not willing to commit to television shows with more episodes.

Edited by OakGoblinFly

He's so right. Abbiebod is way better than Ichabbie, which I've always hated. Clifton Campbell, I like the cut of your jib.

Well this guy clearly knows what's up. I'm getting tingly!! We are so gonna have an awesome season you guys!!

And about John Noble - he literally got sacrificed at the altar of Katrina - what a sad, sad shame. I originally loved the twist, but I thought just making him a Horseman was fine - they didn't have to make him Crane's son - that was done solely to make Katrina a "central character". Same with Abraham.

So glad we get BAMF Headless back too.

It's like Christmas up in here.

• Love 4

Yes, Sandra and her ilk are still tweeting him and the official Fox account and the @sleepywriters account. They aren't giving up on their epic love story. They are still fighting for Katrina to return and for Sleepy Hollow to become Pride and Prejudice. LOL. It's a handful of them over there who are really obsessed with colonial and other old time love stories which feature dainty, feminine women who sit around waiting for a man to show up and give them a reason to live. It's scary reading their tweets to one another. It's like they all want to live in a real life fairytale world.

Please tell me role playing Ichabod is involved.

I'm liking the new showrunner interacting with fans. It makes me feel like he was as much a fan as the rest of us. 

Clearly I need to learn how to use Twitter properly. Everything I see when I look at the new showrunner's page is stuff about The Glades, excitement for S3, and positive retweets about SH. I haven't see any of the members of the Katrina Kult at all. Any suggestions of how I should do a search?

*In my defence, I only joined Twitter to add some comments to the abbiemillsdeservesbetter hashtag...so, I'm new and trying to figure out how to use it at all!*

Anyway. I like everything that this man is saying, and what others are saying about him. I am excited to see what the new season brings! 

Abbiebod sounds like a robot or some sort of Frankenstein type monster. No. Ichabbie is perfect ec20fb7f.gif

"Abbiebod" doesn't exactly flow off the tongue, but I've always had a problem with "Ichabbie" too, because I'm not sure if it's pronounced ICK-uh-bee, or Ick-AB-bee, and neither sounds good to my ear.

How about "Abbichabod?" AB-ick-uh-bod. It's fun to say.

Abbiebod sounds like a robot or some sort of Frankenstein type monster. No. Ichabbie is perfect ec20fb7f.gif

I dislike them both: one sounds like an android and the other like a disease.  

I'm liking the new showrunner interacting with fans. It makes me feel like he was as much a fan as the rest of us. 

As long as he doesn't go the Murhpy or Moffat routes, I think it might be okay.

Clearly I need to learn how to use Twitter properly. Everything I see when I look at the new showrunner's page is stuff about The Glades, excitement for S3, and positive retweets about SH. I haven't see any of the members of the Katrina Kult at all. Any suggestions of how I should do a search?
Please tell me role playing Ichabod is involved.

I don't use twitter also, I just know the handles to read the twitter pages, if they are not hidden. RPG Crazy Ichabod has hidden her page from everyone, because people were screenshoting the insanity and posting it elsewhere (too bad, it was pure crazy entertainment).

The tweets are going from one of the Katrina Kult, to Campbell, but he's not retweeting them.

THIS is the infamous Sandra who's name has become an all-encompassing term for Katrina Kult member. The other "five fans" names' are also in there, i.e. she tweets with them.

Sandra Kellstrom @couldbeheather  ·  Mar 29

@sleepywriters You need to "Morgan" Katrina character!

Sandra Kellstrom @couldbeheather  ·  Mar 23

@CCInnuendo I would love to see Katrina redeemed as strong wife/witch and backed by the show runners/writers. This character is a victim.

Yeah, sure she is, dear.. (actually, kinda is - writer didn't do well by her (or any of them, for that matter), but I don't care anymore - Good riddance.)

"Abbiebod" doesn't exactly flow off the tongue, but I've always had a problem with "Ichabbie" too, because I'm not sure if it's pronounced ICK-uh-bee, or Ick-AB-bee, and neither sounds good to my ear.

I pronounce it "Ick-Cabbie." with the K and the C slurring together.  It's the only pronouncation that flows for me. Everything else sounds too harsh or like a robot.

The tweets are going from one of the Katrina Kult, to Campbell, but he's not retweeting them.

THIS is the infamous Sandra who's name has become an all-encompassing term for Katrina Kult member. The other "five fans" names' are also in there, i.e. she tweets with them.

I am ridiculous proud for coming up with this term, although it really is belated.  Clearly my world is very tiny that this gives me joy.

• Love 4
(edited)

The Glades was a great show, then tptb started diddling with Callie and Jim's relationship.

With ridiculous romantic angst. In hindsight, I'd say it stemmed from Kiele's RL pregnancy.

Seemed like they didn't quite know how to work around it.

Once the actress gave birth and Callie returned to Florida, the dynamic changed.

Their smoldering chemistry was gone.

Which made The Glades go from a great show, to just a good one.

With that said, welcome to SH Clifton Campbell.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 1
Thank you! (and thank you as well HalcyonDays)

Don't thank me, man. I just read twitters and post them here. I know nothing otherwise! Thank DearEvette and Blackhoney - twitter masters. But I learned something too, about the searching for tweets related to a specific person. Who knew?