Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

I think it is JFP and Pratt. 

Mal Young has been groomed to take over. They didn't hire a well known EP from across the pond for nothing.

I heard this all over Twitter as well the rumors are rampant about JILL being shit canned soon. 

Any how planning for the Twitter takeover and shade is in the works when it's announced it'll make #sageisdeadparty look tame ???

• Love 5

I don't find anything "hot" about a supposedly happily married woman allowing herself to be agonizingly attracted to and fucked (over) by this wanton narcissist who doesn't give two shits about destroying the marriage and happiness of his brother. I don't care if one doesn't particularly love Jack (which I do), I just can't feel good about a washout loser trying to rip the wife out from under his own brother's nose only cast her aside later when he gets bored and decides he needs to enliven his lust with the likes Bethany or whomever is willing to drop some bootay.

I agree. I don't find anything about it "hot." But some fans do. But like I said, IMO, if those same people thought JT/GT had no chemistry, the horrific story and the characterization of Billy would be the focus and questioned.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I just gotta disagree here. There is absolutely nothing in the writing that would convince me of this. And, to be frank, as much as many believe JT is favored, his character is actually getting writing that on any other show would be considered "thrown under the bus." The only thing saving him, IMO, is some thinking he and Philly are "hot." If that was taken out of the equation, I fully believe the character and this plot would have been called out from the jump.

Nah, no bus for JT's character. The perspective is his and his alone. This is HIS story. Everyone else plays supporting to him. If this were Phack's story and he were the asshole messing with Phyllis, then I'd agree, he's the bad guy and being sent under a bus. But it's the other way around. He is the hero (a dark one, but a hero nonetheless) of this story. Hell, he'll probably get a standalone episode to deal with his sadness at having fucked up Jack's life and being hated. PB will be lucky to get one scene to react. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10
59 minutes ago, miamama said:

Nah, no bus for JT's character. The perspective is his and his alone. This is HIS story. Everyone else plays supporting to him. If this were Phack's story and he were the asshole messing with Phyllis, then I'd agree, he's the bad guy and being sent under a bus. But it's the other way around. He is the hero (a dark one, but a hero nonetheless) of this story. Hell, he'll probably get a standalone episode to deal with his sadness at having fucked up Jack's life and being hated. PB will be lucky to get one scene to react. 

Like I said, on any other show this writing does not make a character look good. On Y&R, this writing is somehow warped to be positive.

• Love 4

Pratt probably sees all the prime time shows with male protagonists who are assholes and greedy and cheaters like Empire, Mad Men, Fargo  ect ect so thinks this is what he's doing here. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, miamama said:

I haven't watched GH in years but isn't Sonny like that? The hero despite it all. I actually quit that show because it was nothing but Sonny/Jason/Carly etc.

And Y&Y has had an even bigger resident asshole show eater far longer. Apparently, CP has decided to turn feckless but lovable Billy Abbott into a younger and equal asshole to Victor. He's being transformed into what Adam was supposed to be before our very eyes. I can't decide whether this is exclusively CP's idea or he's doing the bidding of JFP here - though it's probably a combination of both. I think JFP knew she was going to face immediate and violent pushback about him being so abysmally miscast in the role, she had them remake the character rather than the actor transforming himself into the character. Clearly, she was aware of his shortcomings as a performer to go the route of the former rather than the latter.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 4

NEVERBilly makes me miss Victor. At least EB has earned his place  on the show. It is so offensive to watch some mediocre GH castoff eat the show alive. Can't believe this is the third attempt to sell an ex-GH actor as a star of Y&R.

But, yeah, not sure to what degree JFP is behind this JT crap vs Pratt. They both floved SB too. But I think in this case it's probably way more JFP. 

I didn't get the sense Pratt was super big on KS - based on interviews - either.

The shared EP title can't be too fun. Lol

• Love 4
(edited)

I didn't get the sense Pratt was super big on KS - based on interviews - either.

I haven't really seen any of those specifically, but my sense of Pratt is that he's an opportunistic, sang froid pragmatist, who will do anything to arrive first and on top. If he was bored with the character or the actor, I could see him easily casting either (or both) off, though the early interview by him indicated he seemed to like KS and the character trajectory. But that was then and this is.... 

I can remember one of the very early DC podcasts immediately after he was hired, and Jamey Giddens made a comment about how JFP had better watch her back, because he has a reputation of throwing the "one who brung him" under the bus if it meant ensuring his own survival, and he predicted even back then that it wouldn't be long before Pratt was elbowing her out of the way and making those side-eye, head tilting nods in Phelps's way to his OTHER CBS/Sony bosses if the wheels were beginning to wobble. I think they may have been wanting to oust her last summer because she was definitely in a contract renegotiation then and evidently managed to secure survival for another year, but it might have been wrapped in 'conditions'. I think she's out. And she hired her own usurper and sealed her fate by skirting around AMcD by doing so.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 4

TMS, i don't doubt for one second that pratt is/was trying to oust jfp in order to be the shit on campus at Y&R..however, big shits can get flushed too and his writing is crap so hopefully he is on his way out the door too.. or down the toilet, whichever..

• Love 8

It's interesting that Michael Logan was so openly shitting on the Chancellor set redux and the Philly crap recently. He even went so far as to tweet that JT and SB should be returned to GH, and BM and MS brought back to Y&R. My sense is he speaks for the suits. I don't think there's a clamouring for such a trade per se. But I'm hopeful of GH-fatigue among Y&R brass -- and therefore the end of JFP first and Pratt shortly thereafter (unless Pratt is kissing ass and throwing JFP under the bus).

This is all my speculation of course. BTS stuff is far, far more interesting to me than the garbage on the screen.

• Love 7
(edited)

^Yeah, to say I was gobsmacked to read his comments would be an understatement because he's been such an obvious and continuous water-carrying apologist for TPTB at the network soaps for so long. He felt emboldened to speak out plainly on this, and that's just plain self-destructive if one is planning on any future covering the comings and goings-on on these shows. They'll close their doors, block calls and create false rumors to spike one's way in order to cause embarrassment when the bogus "spoilers" are leaked, so these guys are pretty careful about how they treat these showrunners unless they smell blood in the water and they're hearing chatter. When AMcD - JFP's and CP's immediate boss - starts taking swipes in the media and on Twitter at them via their decision to gut the Chancellor set and turn it into the cargo hold of some tramp drug steamer for one of CP's latest ratings spectacular, you'd better get a clue that your number might just be up.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 6
On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 3:13 PM, miamama said:

But I also deeply deeply hate JT as an actor. I think a more charming and capable performer would be more palatable, even with this atrocious writing. 

I do agree with this.  It seems to me that they're writing this story with a different actor in mind, and I think that actor is Billy Miller.  I hate to keep bringing up his name, since he's been gone for two years now, but all of this writing is tailor-made to his strengths.  I even find myself imagining him saying the same things that inanimate JT says, and it isn't quite so nauseating.  JT simply has no charm, no spirit, no energy.  You need those qualities to pull off this kind of heinous story.  Even in real life, I think people tend to excuse some bad behavior from otherwise likable people.  

Remember when PretendBilly (hat tip to Petunia!) tried to recreate the St. Patrick's Day magic, and somebody posted photos of the original St. Pat's scene next to the retread version for an easy comparison?  Even in screen captures, the difference was astounding...one had a twinkle in the eye, the other had scowls and storm clouds.  Like it or not, Billy Miller's Billy was a lovable scoundrel, and it was easy to understand why the people in his life would forgive his fuck-ups.  I thought BuJ had a degree of this, but not as much as BM.  JT is the antithesis of "lovable scoundrel".  He's too flat, too monotonous, and takes himself way too seriously to make any of it believable. 

• Love 7

How long does it take before these kinds of "Blind Items" have their miraculous retinitis pigmentosa surgery and become "Sighted Items"?  I want to know what's going on, dammit!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

How long does it take before these kinds of "Blind Items" have their miraculous retinitis pigmentosa surgery and become "Sighted Items"?  I want to know what's going on, dammit!

Me too!!!! That EP blind item was VERY assured.  So you'd think it's gotta come out soon.

Interesting that Chance is being cast. Hmmmm. Change is afoot. First Jill Abbott (or whatever she calls herself) trashes the Chancellor redesign and now a Chancellor legacy character makes a reappearance. Maybe the twist (Pratt teased a big twist no one saw coming...) will be Chloe got knocked up by Chance offscreen. And that's the "legacy tie" she's bringing to town. So the kid isn't Kevin's OR Billy's.

• Love 4

Any of youse on Twitter be ready for the party when JILL is fired gather your memes and snark lol we want this trending so the network knows we won't tolerate anymore bullshit with the show.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, miamama said:

Me too!!!! That EP blind item was VERY assured.  So you'd think it's gotta come out soon.

Interesting that Chance is being cast. Hmmmm. Change is afoot. First Jill Abbott (or whatever she calls herself) trashes the Chancellor redesign and now a Chancellor legacy character makes a reappearance. Maybe the twist (Pratt teased a big twist no one saw coming...) will be Chloe got knocked up by Chance offscreen. And that's the "legacy tie" she's bringing to town. So the kid isn't Kevin's OR Billy's.

Not only was there a rock solid surety about the fact(s), it seems as if it's already known and everyone is keeping it on the down low. Y&R has been keeping a pretty tight lid on all BTS gossip and spoilers for the most part, so it seems especially telling that Jess Walton and Michael Logan both were so candid in their contempt for the *refurbished* Chancellor mansion on Twitter of all places. Very, very public.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Capricasix said:

I may be in the minority here, but I thought the most recent Chance was pretty hot, especially when he came back with the beard. Meow!

I loved the guy, even if he a certain Dudley DoRight vibe.  On him, it worked.  

• Love 7
(edited)

^^^I loved the guy, too. Chance was a good guy who was likeable. That is a tough role to fill. The show needs a moral centre. 

And how fucking sweet if he comes back to claim HIS house from NEVERBilly?

The actor is actually in the military, no?

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10
On 5/28/2016 at 10:29 AM, TwistedSoul7 said:

I think it is JFP and Pratt. 

Mal Young has been groomed to take over. They didn't hire a well known EP from across the pond for nothing.

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE. PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE. PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE.

Are you folks still using the party cabin? Champagne's on me the day JFP and Pratthole leave.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, miamama said:

^^^I loved the guy, too. Chance was a good guy who was likeable. That is a tough role to fill. The show needs a moral centre. 

And how fucking sweet if he comes back to claim HIS house from NEVERBilly?

The actor is actually in the military, no?

That would be beautiful. If they do that, I'd be (almost) willing to forgive them for (some of) the more boneheaded misfires they've dropped our way for the last year or more. I liked Chance, but how'd he get out of WitSec?

• Love 3

There's a bit of Twitter chatter again this morning about JFP, with one tweet saying that they'd heard that news is "about to drop" on this. Don't know the source, whether it's just speculation or growing wishful thinking, but I'm honestly beginning to think this might be happening.

• Love 5
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

There's a bit of Twitter chatter again this morning about JFP, with one tweet saying that they'd heard that news is "about to drop" on this. Don't know the source, whether it's just speculation or growing wishful thinking, but I'm honestly beginning to think this might be happening.

I saw that too. I won't believe it until it's official but, yeah, definitely getting the sense she's done. 

I wonder too because Giddens leaked the story whether the network/Sony will hold off on the announcement longer than they had planned. Just to provide some distance between the leak and the press release. Not that it will matter but it's the type of thing they would do. Particularly as he said it will be "spun that it was the departing EP's choice to leave". lol.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 5
(edited)

I not only think JFP is out, I think the story lines have been shifted already. If Chloe is coming back and presumably Chance, there is a resurgence of the Chancellor family connections. That means IMO that Billy will be shoved out of the Chancellor House. It's INSANE that Philip Chancellor IV (or whatever number he is) wouldn't be living in Katherine's house while NEVERBilly Abbott would. JW said she's around for awhile this time, and seeing her hanging at the GCAC while NEVERBilly lives in that house??? That's just fucking wrong. And seeing her in that revamped set is even worse. Chance coming back would likely involve him being at Chancellor Industries. Devon needs to die, sorry to say, or go live with Tucker. He has no purpose and I have never understood why show doesn't drop BJ when they won't bother to write for him.

Change is afoot.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 9
54 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

what twitter feed did you read it on?

If you filter  for #YR JFP you'll see people tweeting and re-tweeting this info. There's no official source. Not even sure who tweeted it first.

• Love 1

The rumors started from Daytime Confidential. Jamey strongly hinted and then other soap media kind of did their "wink wink" to it as well. Pretty clear JFP is out. Chuck probably not far behind but I would imagine he has some contract time left. JFP's contract is up now. 

As for Chloe and Chance returning. They are recasting Chance and I would imagine he will get a personality shift. He was a sweet, lovable guy the last time but then a lot of crap went down. I bet he will be more of a leading man role this go around and depending on who they cast can really cause a dent. 

Jill loved her some Chance. She adores Cane. Billy will not like it is those three start working together and bring Chancellor Industries into the business mix. I will love it and hope it happens. I hope they chem chest Chance too. He is a legacy man who can bang plenty. Could be interesting to see him with someone like Abby, ya know. Newman and a Chancellor. Or Mariah!! Yes Mariah. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

The rumors started from Daytime Confidential. Jamey strongly hinted and then other soap media kind of did their "wink wink" to it as well. Pretty clear JFP is out. Chuck probably not far behind but I would imagine he has some contract time left. JFP's contract is up now. 

As for Chloe and Chance returning. They are recasting Chance and I would imagine he will get a personality shift. He was a sweet, lovable guy the last time but then a lot of crap went down. I bet he will be more of a leading man role this go around and depending on who they cast can really cause a dent. 

Jill loved her some Chance. She adores Cane. Billy will not like it is those three start working together and bring Chancellor Industries into the business mix. I will love it and hope it happens. I hope they chem chest Chance too. He is a legacy man who can bang plenty. Could be interesting to see him with someone like Abby, ya know. Newman and a Chancellor. Or Mariah!! Yes Mariah. 

Mariah!! That would almost Nina-like. Bitchy poor snagging a Chancellor. ;)

I am ready for the Chancellors. It's INSANE that Devon is the sole representative of that family. 

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, miamama said:

Mariah!! That would almost Nina-like. Bitchy poor snagging a Chancellor. ;)

I am ready for the Chancellors. It's INSANE that Devon is the sole representative of that family. 

i agree and devon isn't even a chancellor, he is a shepard (kaye's maiden name) cause kaye was cheating on gary reynolds when she got pg with her cheat baby who turned out to be tucker mccall..

but yeah, ready for chance to come back.

• Love 6

I read the following on twitter.  Thought it was interesting about CBS/Sony going over JFP's head.

"If the JFP news is true Burton may want to look for new employment. CBS/Sony went over her to write off Sage/KSu I bet he's next."

A girl can hope......first SB and the JT.  SB is just plain dull and JT will never ever be Billy. 

• Love 7

I have seen elsewhere that show went over JFP's head re: KS. I suspect they did the same re: Jill's ripping into Billy about the Chancellor mansion. 

So, yeah, here's hoping. I do think we will see a lot less JT with the return of the Chancellor family. But I wonder what SB and JT are being paid since they are treated as such big "gets."

I hope this comes back to bite them in the ass when JFP is out.

• Love 4

I also saw on Twitter this morning via Highlight Holllywood that Sony's daytime entertainment  division is in a major shakeup with the axing of Steve Mokso (sp???). I believe that there's been some speculation of that for some bit of time and I'm wondering if CBS's decision about only a one-year renewal of Show might have played into that. Maybe they're waiting to see what happens over the next year+ to form a decision about cutting the show loose or to see whether another company comes along to purchase the rights for the show from Sony - but I'm definitely not clear on any details about ownership of the show, and I don't even know if that would even be in  the mix of possible scenarios.

• Love 1

I'm hoping she's here for Kevin. Because, if not, it's official that they're obsessed with JT's Billy.

oh gawd not me. I cannot stand Kevin.. he is such a wimpy twerp. Kevin needs to be killed off not have a baby.

Couldn't they at least find a different Chloe?  That one was like nails-on-a-chalkboard to me.  Will she at least go to prison for the hit-and-run?

LOL I am so glad they didn't.. I love EH.. I think she is the bombdiggity. And of course no jail time.. she was crazy like Sharon.. crazy is a free pass in GC,

• Love 1