Type keyword(s) to search

Wishlist: Hoping for a Cure (Or Not)

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I'd also absolutely recast Dillon. (He would be single again, after a mob war between Ava and Sonny got Kiki and Avery killed shortly before Kiki and Dillon were set to wed.)

Can we throw Ava and Sonny in there as well.

• Love 4
(edited)

Serena would already have the company - probably Deception itself, since it was both her mothers'. And Lucy would be getting back into cosmetics, possibly through the same company idk. I did like CoeCoe so I'd bring it back at some point as some offshoot.

Ava would be wiped out at some point in a bigger storyline which would also strip Sonny of his underworld power and send MB away for at least six months and have him taking breaks from then on.

Oh, I would probably use Lucy to oust Nina from Crimson somehow. Maybe Maxie and Lulu (mostly Lulu tbh, Maxie can't run a juice bar right now) too. Maybe you can use the idea I had of making Lulu an adventurous journalist by tuning Crimson into somethin akin to Teen Vogue, which does do hard-hitting social and political coverage now. Lucy would run it but eventually get back into CoeCoe. Or do both! IDK.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don't care if it's her, Berman or a recast. You have to redefine that character.

Charlotte would be eaten by crocodiles de-Spencered and written off.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

She could use said business to team up with Lucy and oust Nina from Crimson.

And then Nina runs off to "find herself" and leaves town, with Charlotte and Valentin, after they reveal she is not Lulu's.  Lulu decides to focus on her life, her one child, and her marriage and forgets about the embryo.  Maxie enrolls in business classes in order to educate herself so that she can improve herself.  That opens up a whole  adult scene that's realistic.  Lots of people in their late 20s/30s and beyond are attending college now.  Maybe Micheal wants to finish his degree.  Recast Morgan wants to be a counselor.  Dillion teaches a few classes.  Maybe Lucy decides to take some continuing education courses.  It also is not mob related and doesn't put everyone on the same floor in the hospital, wandering around.  

• Love 4

Since when does this show think educating anyone is a good idea? Lauren, of all people, is the only one who's been shown to be serious about it, and all she got was a certificate. (Not to imply in any way that being a nurse's aide isn't worthwhile. Also, I know Molly and TJ are in school, but those actors are recurring.) I get that a classroom setting is boring—and they almost always devolved into some idiotic hot-for-teacher story—but there's no reason people can't go to night school or go part-time and we only see them at their day jobs.

These writers are so lazy and uncreative.

• Love 2

I for one would love it if Serena was a doctor. At least she could be in scrubs most of the time, would take care of the wardrobe issues this show always seems to have. My other wish is the tribute to Peter Hansen scores bigger than the return of Steve Burton. 

• Love 1
On 7/12/2017 at 0:44 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

And then Nina runs off to "find herself" and leaves town, with Charlotte and Valentin, after they reveal she is not Lulu's.  Lulu decides to focus on her life, her one child, and her marriage and forgets about the embryo.  Maxie enrolls in business classes in order to educate herself so that she can improve herself.  That opens up a whole  adult scene that's realistic.  Lots of people in their late 20s/30s and beyond are attending college now.  Maybe Micheal wants to finish his degree.  Recast Morgan wants to be a counselor.  Dillion teaches a few classes.  Maybe Lucy decides to take some continuing education courses.  It also is not mob related and doesn't put everyone on the same floor in the hospital, wandering around.  

I started college for the first time at age 29. I'd watch this.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Hope4Soaps said:

I started college for the first time at age 29. I'd watch this.

I think introducing a college story could lead to interesting soap as well.  Some of the better soap stories are based in reality.  Like, Morgan, Micheal, Kristina are in college-  so Sonny feels like he needs to "prove himself" because he's insecure about never going to school.  Or Carly wishes she'd finished her education.   That insecurity opens up stories not centered around the mob and can focus on why does Sonny hate the Q' s?  Why does Carly?  Maybe Jason decides to go back to med school or become an EMT.  Perhaps Joss starts thinking about college.  Or Spencer, but he can't afford a high priced school, so he's got to get scholarships.   Age them up and have a story where Cam is an honors student who gets paid to tutor, but doesn't charge Spencer because he's hiding his financial situation.  

They need to stop assuming that viewers do not care, don't pay attention, and are stupid.  If stories are well written, it won't be boring.  But the same damn thing over and over with no beats is not going to work.

• Love 5

What would people do to fix GH at this point? I feel like it's full of either terrible people Frank has added that don't work mixed with characters who are vastly overplayed and stale. Honestly, you'd have to get rid of Frank, get an EP that is familiar with GH, and cast practically a whole new cast. All I know for sure is that I would have Sonny taken down. But it would be a long story, so Sonny isn't just ripped off the screen and you could build up other characters while that story is playing. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I think the cast is the least of the show's problems. The biggest one for me is the lack of creativity in the stories. Getting rid of Frank and replacing him with someone not afraid to make sweeping changes is the best way to improve the show. The mob angle is played out, so yes, take Sonny down. It would be a decent umbrella story and could drive things for a long time. But they'd have to commit to bringing Sonny down, not this nonsense they currently do where he spends a day in jail and gets out because he's claustrophobic and/or saves the governor's daughter. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think the cast is the least of the show's problems. The biggest one for me is the lack of creativity in the stories. Getting rid of Frank and replacing him with someone not afraid to make sweeping changes is the best way to improve the show. The mob angle is played out, so yes, take Sonny down. It would be a decent umbrella story and could drive things for a long time. But they'd have to commit to bringing Sonny down, not this nonsense they currently do where he spends a day in jail and gets out because he's claustrophobic and/or saves the governor's daughter. 

When I say take Sonny down, I don't even mean that would have to be a long sting operation. Have Sonny arrested and put on trial and make it long and explore all the angles. When Sonny went to prison no one talked about it the next episode except a dayplayer nurse. That whole episode should have been dedicated to all the characters' reactions. 

• Love 2

We want the same thing, I think: Get Sonny out of the mob—either by an immediate arrest or a long sting—and use that to drive the story for a decent amount of time. The fallout is a story in and of itself.

Another thing the show needs to fix is the pacing. I get that block taping can change that, but I don't see why we can't go back to a roughly M/W/F and T/Th schedule. Or at least have some stories that get wrapped up in a timely fashion when there's no need to drag things out. Spencer's stupid lawsuit is a good example of that. He doesn't need to be onscreen for it to be resolved. It's been all talk (and whine) and no action.  

• Love 5

No, I wouldn't want a long sting. I would take it, but I think it wouldn't be very compelling because the mob stuff on GH is always very vague. It would just be a bunch of people setting up meetings for "shipments".  No, put him on trial and force people to testify.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

"Long" = two or three weeks, tops. I think it would be worth setting up Sonny's downfall with a certain amount of care, especially if this is the thing that really removes him from the mob. It doesn't have to be only about shipments, but could also include his offshore accounts, the other families (have someone from them turn state's evidence or something and testify against Sonny), etc. Throw everything you can at him.

Edited by dubbel zout

I think what the show is missing is a story anchor outside the mob sphere.  For a while during the Guz, that was Patrick/Robin and, before that, maybe Nikolas/Emily.  But Frank and company seem to view Roger Howarth and particularly Michael Easton as those pillars, which...no.

If I had my druthers, they'd bring back Serena.  Her visit got a pretty positive response and that would automatically give some vets viewers like to see but who lack story - Scotty, Kevin, Lucy, even Laura - something more to do.

I also think looking at the British soaps and adopting of their production model ideas couldn't hurt - better shuffling of characters from the forefront to the background, all characters taking "vacations" so they're not clogging things up 24/7/365, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

It's time to clean house, starting with FV, NV and whatever network brass that does NOT know the show.  Entice Wendy Riche to return to the network with a two HW that know the history of the show.

1) A lot of dead weight added under FV has got to goooooooooooo in a killer virus story that puts the hospital front and center.

2) Molly, TJ, Krissy, Serena, Tommy Jr, Michael, and Anna Donnelly are the early to mid 20 something set living at the Brownstone.

3) Focus on the Hardy/Webber, Quatermaine, Jones, Spencer, sigh... Corinthos... Scorpio families.

4) deSORAS Josselyn,  Cam and Spencer (age 12), Jake, Emma and Josslyn are 10.  It's time to kill off some unnecessary kids, beginning with that cute Avery, followed by Charlotte actually being Claudette's kid with Valentine (she can leave town), Leo, and no more babies for the next five years.

5)  I don't mind the mob stories if written with major impact, but Sonny needs to lose and end up without his stolen empire.  It's time for Ava to take him down and I don't care how she does it.

6) TJ takes over the fast track to becoming a doctor and Kiki bites the dust.

7) Serena is a lawyer and one of her clients is ELQ and she butts head with Dillon and Michael.

8) The older vets, Mac, Felicia, Bobbie, Scotty, Laura, Kevin, Lucy are being used to cement the younger generation, but still have their own stories and romances.

9) The best Franco IS a dead Franco.

10) I want history, drama, romance and giving my FF finger a rest!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

8) The older vets, Mac, Felicia, Bobbie, Scotty, Laura, Kevin, Lucy are being used to cement the younger generation, but still have their own stories and romances.

imo, that's still way too many people. I think they could be used but probably the only ones I'd give their own story to are Laura and Kevin.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

imo, that's still way too many people. I think they could be used but probably the only ones I'd give their own story to are Laura and Kevin.

I disagree.  I am not talking about giving the older vets contracts (just Laura and maybe Kevin) and the rest would continue as recurring characters that roll in and out story wise.  Felicia as the Mayor, Mac runs Jake's or new WSB school in town, Scotty in a law practice with Serena, Krissy, Alexis, Ric and Diane, Lucy and Maxie take over Crimson, Bobbie runs the nurses program, Piph in charge of the nurses, etc... 

• Love 4

Well, one thing I'll say: I doubt Laura would get anything - and I mean even less than the crumbs she has now - if Wendy Riche were to return. Still remember reading about the snide comments Riche made about Francis' post-pregnancy weight. It didn't sound like there was any love lost there.

And I understand why some may want her back. But it's still going backwards. We need NEW vision.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

What would people do to fix GH at this point? I feel like it's full of either terrible people Frank has added that don't work mixed with characters who are vastly overplayed and stale. Honestly, you'd have to get rid of Frank, get an EP that is familiar with GH, and cast practically a whole new cast. All I know for sure is that I would have Sonny taken down. But it would be a long story, so Sonny isn't just ripped off the screen and you could build up other characters while that story is playing. 

Ok, here's my idea:

They reveal the Two Jasons.   As BM's Jason has never truly bonded with him, Sonny is Team Steve.  Steve is Jason,  BM is an undead AJ who was brain washed to be Jason.  The person who helped Robin in the clinic was Jason, but Helena made the switch between Jason and brain washed AJ right before the accident with Ava.  Sonny blames AJ for everything.   He gets paranoid and thinks AJ is out for revenge.   He tries to go after ELQ via Micheal.  In a rage, he tries to shoot AJ and Ned, but his Avery and Charlotte instead.   And Olivia.  

Now Sonny is on trial for three counts of 1st degree murder.  He tries to make a plea to Dante for help.  Dante disowns him.  Various people visit Sonny and finally confront him for what he's done.  There is a big trial.  Lots of soap goodness.   Sonny goes to prison.  Mo gets a goodbye Emmy. 

AJ and Ned rebuild ELQ.  Micheal goes to grad school and is an intern.  Maxie and Nelle attend college.  Nina decides to audit classes as she feels she missed out.   Dillon comes back and works for a new Quartermaine venture.  Serena comes back and is a doctor.   When Jason learns that Sonny killed AJ,  he wants the whole story.  He, Curtis,  and Sam team up to steal the recording from Ava.  Jason tries to rebuild a relationship with his family.  

Dr Finn leaves.   6 mos later, McBain arrives.  Franco shoots himself after Liz leaves him for AJ.   He is dead.  Cam is SORAS'd to age 15.  Aiden is now 11, Jake is 12.  Griffin is revealed to not be Duke's son nor a priest. He left seminary school to do med school.  

Also,  I think that GH needs a stronger writer and a better producer.  

4 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I disagree.  I am not talking about giving the older vets contracts (just Laura and maybe Kevin) and the rest would continue as recurring characters that roll in and out story wise.  Felicia as the Mayor, Mac runs Jake's or new WSB school in town, Scotty in a law practice with Serena, Krissy, Alexis, Ric and Diane, Lucy and Maxie take over Crimson, Bobbie runs the nurses program, Piph in charge of the nurses, etc... 

I like all those ideas, but I wouldn't call that giving them their own stories as you called it in your previous post, which is where I think I misread what you wrote.

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That relationship [Griffin as Duke's son] was as pointless as making Rebecca Budig Liz's half-sister.

By the way, has that even come up between Griffin and Ava?  You think it would given Duke's relationship with the Jeromes.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, ulkis said:

I like all those ideas, but I wouldn't call that giving them their own stories as you called it in your previous post, which is where I think I misread what you wrote.

LOL.  I am not about to write the stories for TIIC!  However, here we go.  Dante and Nathan overhear the current Mayor who is drunk at some gig, confessing how she won the last election and that moves into a huge scandal election story for Felicia / Mac, etc..  Up next, we have Julian's empire going bankrupt and Serena buys all of his assets and turns Crimson over to Lucy and Maxie.  Hospital based stories for Laura and Kevin and on and on for the recurring vets.  I would not have the recurring vets on more than thirty to forty times during the year, which is more than we've seen them in decades.

• Love 2

Something I thought of that will never happen because a) it's too soapy for this show about mobsters and b) Lucas and Brad (who?) would have to be on-screen.  But given we know Rebecca Budig is still pregnant and heard about Lucas and Brad making plans to adopt, what if they ended up adopting the Rebecca Budig/Dr. Michael Easton baby?  It would somewhat mirror Lucas' backstory of being adopted off the black market by Bobbie and Tony and it would eventually pit Brad and Dr. Michael Easton against each other again.  Like I said, will never happen, but it popped into my head so I thought I'd share.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Something I thought of that will never happen because a) it's too soapy for this show about mobsters and b) Lucas and Brad (who?) would have to be on-screen.  But given we know Rebecca Budig is still pregnant and heard about Lucas and Brad making plans to adopt, what if they ended up adopting the Rebecca Budig/Dr. Michael Easton baby?  It would somewhat mirror Lucas' backstory of being adopted off the black market by Bobbie and Tony and it would eventually pit Brad and Dr. Michael Easton against each other again.  Like I said, will never happen, but it popped into my head so I thought I'd share.

I also thought it would be interesting for Lucas to be in a similar position on how Bobbie got him.I had actually forgotten about Hayden being pregnant though.

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That would...be a very good story idea, actually, but the way this show goes Liz would inevitably find out the truth that the baby is her niece/nephew and there would end up being a three-way custody battle. Elizabeth and Finn being the two priority sides, of course. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Liz: I'm a very good mother to my three boys.

Judge: Ms. Webber, we haven't been able to locate anyone who's laid eyes on your oldest and youngest in months.

Liz: ...

Liz: My eldest and youngest sons are emancipated minors. They do what they want.

• Love 5
On 10/26/2017 at 5:58 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Quoting myself, but we now have two babies - Maxie's and Nelle's - that could be stolen and end up with Lucas (who?) and Brad (who?) via adoption.

Why would Lucas (who?) and Brad (who?) have to go black market? TBH, I don't like that idea, even if it's written that Lucas (who?) and Brad (who?) are in the dark about it. It's problematic for me on a number of levels: the guys (who are they, again?) being gay, being medical professionals, and being offscreen.

34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why would Lucas (who?) and Brad (who?) have to go black market?

I don't think they would have to go black market to make the story work.  You could, say, have Carly lose the plot re: Nelle's baby and somehow get her hands on it and leave it at a church or something to be adopted only to have the baby end up with Lucas (who?) and Brad (who?).  Eventually, everyone would find out and ream Carly to holy hell. #aboycandream

I would just prefer they do SOMETHING soapy with Lucas (who?) and Brad (who?) adopting versus them getting a kid we see once a year* because this is an opportunity to do something different than the WTD/baby secret stories involving sleeping with women that Fish and Will got on OLTL and Days respectively.

* Unless said kid is a son named Tony.

Edited by TeeVee329

I wish RC had used Franco's tumor as an opportunity to actually reset the character. 

Just include a reveal that Frank Baldwin had been pretending to be Franco because he thought Franco was Jason's twin and he wanted money from the Qs.  He learned about the Q twin from visiting Heather. And he learned that he and Franco had a strong  (completely coincidental, non-biological) resemblance to each other - which was the reason for Heather's obsession with Franco and eventually resulted in her confusing him with her son. The tumor could've caused him to believe that he was Franco and it's removal cured that delusion. 

Then they'd have a character who was willing to do something as awful as pretending that he was a SERIAL KILLER to steal someone's inheritance, but who wasn't a SERIAL KILLING RAPIST KIDNAPPER. Maybe I could enjoy scenes of Scott/Frank instead of being repulsed and irritated that they attached Fuckin' Franco to Scott to give him ties to the canvas

• Love 1
(edited)

Since we're (once again) discussing an emergency overhaul of the show, a few brief thoughts on things I'd do that ABC never would:

I would SORAS Spencer and Emma to teen age along with Cam, but Spencer would be bi and crushing/hating on longtime frenemy Cameron, who would be unequivocally straight. Spencer also might sleep with Joss' useless boyfriend as revenge for past slights, or if he sees her as an obstacle to Cameron. Obviously Joss would not remain the current actress.

I would probably reluctantly let my beloved Chad go and ask Drew Garrett back as Michael assuming he's not actually insane or a nightmare, because he's looking pretty hot these days. I'd write Maxie out for at least six months and then see if the character can be reconceived and if Kirsten Storms has her shit together. I would very much want to recast and reinvent Lulu - keeping her new profession but making it much smarter - and either find a better actress or beg Julie Berman to return. But having her back without Dante would be tough. I'd want to honor the character and the romance, so most likely he'd go MIA/presumed dead with the WSB or have to Dear John her because of a very dangerous long-term mission - perhaps not by his choosing. I'd always want Dominic Zamprogna back, and I would not recast Dante unless a truly excellent actor floated into orbit. I'd move Lulu on after an appropriate period. Her magic daughter would be wished away with Valentin - not her kid.

I would bring back Lucy and Scott's imaginary daughters in the twentysomething range. Carly Schroder would be Serena - she did fine last time, she's had a substantial outside career and the cast and audience love her - but Christina (not Kristina) would be reconceived as a spikier character, not a vixen but more of an overt feminist heroine than daytime is used to, a careerist who comes into conflict with Lulu. You could bounce all these characters off each other, Michael and various potential new men heretofore unnamed. You can fill younger lead ranks in the male and female range with all manner of characters we fanwank about but never see - the Wards, Rick Webber Jr., Tommy Hardy, etc. I'd love to make more use of T.J. but it'd be a question of the actor's availability. Genie Francis would obviously be back.

Troublemaker Spencer would scheme against Valentin, his father's apparent killer, but he would not be the vehicle for Valentin's exit. That said, Spencer's scheme would probably partly involve a story which would turn a loootttt of people off - he would lie and claim Valentin touched him inappropriately as a child. tldr I'd never get hired. Valentin would ultimately be revealed as not a Cassadine, simply the stablehand's delusional child, a patsy who was conned into believing he was a Cassadine as a stalking horse and decoy for a deeper, more devious conspiracy. He would be treated as a rather pathetic but vile villain and killed off in a whodunit.

Another story that would never get me hired and assumes much more creative control than I'd ever have: I'm sick of the Jasons. I'm disgusted and over it, so yes, in this imaginary world where any soap showrunner still has Monty power I'd fire Steve Burton - again. The material would take a hard, sharp turn which would alienate that fanbase. Jason would be pressured by Scorpio and the WSB to turn state's on Sonny to save himself and his family. Jason would waffle and ultimately refuse. This serves as a wake-up call to Sam, by this time reunited with Jason but increasingly unhappy and regretting her choice, realizing her life and priorities truly have fundamentally changed. Her son has next to no relationship with his father and she is spending a lot of time calling Drew, who has since moved out of town working for Aurora overseas. Jason can see his wife drifting back to his brother and after a series of arguments re: whether he is more loyal to her or Sonny, quietly allows that he understands she's grown and if she wants to leave she can, he won't blame her. Sam refuses to do that, out of longtime love. A few weeks later, Jason is found dead on the pier, shot in the head. Onscreen, dead, by a mysterious new party sending a message. As Port Charles melts down, Sam quietly leaves town with Danny and Scout following the funeral. It is heavily implied by dialogue from Alexis and others soon thereafter that she has returned to Drew. This would all be cold water in the face to a lot of the audience and perhaps too passive an exit for some, but it's also how life and dissolution happen sometime, and so that's how I'd choose to do it. Sam might return down the road a few months or a year later alone, or if Monaco chooses she can stay gone. (I'd also change Sam's paternity if she stayed but that's another story.)

Whee!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, jsbt said:

You can fill younger lead ranks in the male and female range with all manner of characters we fanwank about but never see - the Wards, Rick Webber Jr., Tommy Hardy, etc.

Sarah Webber has teenage children we never heard about and she's just signed up for the Doctors Behind Borders Where Teenagers Can't Come program like her parents before her so they have to come live with Auntie Liz.

Some long lost kid of AJ's shows up eager to challenge Michael for the ELQ CEO throne, calling him a pretender for clinging to the Corinthii.

• Love 4

You have no plans to get rid of Sonny or Carly, @jsbt. WTF?

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Some long lost kid of AJ's shows up eager to challenge Michael for the ELQ CEO throne, calling him a pretender for clinging to the Corinthii.

I like the idea of a relative challenging Michael for ELQ, but not a long-lost kid of AJ's. I'm not sure anyone would take the kid seriously. AJ was fat! They could bring Brook Lynn back and have her decide to take up the ELQ mantle. That would give Ned some story as a bonus.

(edited)

I like that.  Or maybe, and this might be controversial, a SORASed Lila Rae.

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I assume, once Jason is murdered in his scenario, Sonny and Carly simply cease to exist given they can't seem to survive without him blowing their noses and wiping their tears.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Lila Rae works for me if they don't want to bring back Brook Lynn. But given that her father is Lorenzo, using Sonny against Michael is out. They need to keep the focus on being the right Quartermaine, not whose gangster father isn't the worst.

11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I assume, once Jason is murdered in his scenario, Sonny and Carly simply cease to exist given they can't seem to survive without him blowing their noses and wiping their tears.

I accept this explanation.

Another person I would beg back for sporadic appearances would be Jane Elliot. Apparently she stopped dying her hair and gave herself the Tony Geary 'do, but whatever, slap a wig on her. 

For pure fangirl reasons I would make Charlotte Dante's. If that's too many kids for Lulu, kill Rocco off. Sorry Rocco. Or hell, say he's Britt's after all and ship him off to her. 

It goes without saying that FinnFranco disappear, right?

13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ugh, too many half-mobster Q's (see also Leo Quartermaine, scion of Julian Jerome).

He can disappear too. Or make him Ned's.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

For pure fangirl reasons I would make Charlotte Dante's. If that's too many kids for Lulu, kill Rocco off. Sorry Rocco. Or hell, say he's Britt's after all and ship him off to her. 

Just curious - why would you keep Charlotte versus Rocco?

But yes, give Ben back to Britt.  And then give Britt back to me.  She returns to town, somehow gets her job back, and takes a shine to Bensch's replacement, Dr. Chris Ramsey.  And Chris also has complicated feelings about seeing Christina Collins-Balwdin, given she's the bio daughter of the lost love of his life Julie.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2