Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Breadstix

Cranberry

I still can't get over Santana telling the little girl on her lap " you look like a young Brittany Pierce..."

And Rachel waking up with tinsel on her face..

And Kurt getting his Mack on with Hunky Santa.,,

• Love 1

A lot of this feels like the actors actually having fun, which is really nice.

This was from the summary to "Homecoming", and I have to admit, it could be jarring at times to see the characters during many, many, many performances (not just this one) getting along and having fun, then having them hate each other in the next episode (or even later in the same episode). I think the problem was that in most performances the cast is reacting to each other as castmembers, rather than characters; their real life affection for each other and their friendships bleeding through the performances. I'm not sure how well the performances would have worked had the cast performed as the characters, but it would be weird seeing them smiling/hugging/high-fiving/butt bumping each other during a song while reminding yourself "Wait, they hate each other! Or, aren't that fond of each other".

I hope that made sense.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1

I always justified the happy reactions that for those 3 minutes the joy of performing made them forget about what was happening in their life and towards each other. From my experience in amateur theatre productions I can say that during a musical moment cause you are caught up in the performing you do forget your issues with other members in the troupe, but once you hop off that stage the hatred returns LOL

• Love 2

Apparently some Klainers bought the original script from Episode 6.01.  Interesting what they decided to edit/cut out.

The Break up scene is more extensive and includes this nugget from Kurt:

tumblr_nlzzy2un4O1s2plcjo1_500.jpg

The scene where Blaine reveals to Kurt that he is now a couple with Karofsky included this dialogue:

tumblr_inline_nm075awRvk1r8whwc_500.png

I think it's pretty obvious once they started filming whey the cut some of the dialogue off..

1) They did not want  to remind others how utterly fucked up the over the top proposal was..

2) They did not want to remind others that Kurt had a point that the wedding could wait.

3) They did not want to remind others that Blaine was dating someone who literally threatened to kill Kurt and made him switch school...

Of course it's like trying to throw water out with a thimble  of a boat that has a fucking 20 foot gash through the middle of it./

Edited by caracas1914

That said I think the first scene doesn't make Kurt come off too good either. Yes, the proposal was over the top, but he easily could have taken Blaine aside afterwards and told him he wasn't quite ready, to just try to be a couple first. Instead he goes along with it and then when they break up, it's "oh, I only got engaged to you in the first place because you made me. So, this is all your fault anyways."

I think it's good they cut that. Also, people have over the top proposals all the time (see youtube) and plenty of people still say no to them. Or talk it out right afterwards.

I think it's good they cut that. Also, people have over the top proposals all the time (see youtube) and plenty of people still say no to them. Or talk it out right afterwards.

Those over the top proposals are usually between people that are at least dating.  

Still fairly nonsensical either way if they had kept the cut scenes in or not. The stories were already too crazy to make sense anyway.

• Love 2
1) They did not want  to remind others how utterly fucked up the over the top proposal was..

2) They did not want to remind others that Kurt had a point that the wedding could wait.

3) They did not want to remind others that Blaine was dating someone who literally threatened to kill Kurt and made him switch school...

In other words they didn't want to remind people of all the awful, awful writing and shitty things they did to the pairing. Like the fact that no one wanted the engagement including the actors because they were all smart enough to know it made no sense but Ryan Murphy wanted his big gay proposal and so it was.

And I would really like for RIB and company to one day let me know who were the viewers who wanted to see Blaine and Karofsky in a relationship, but well they did it anyway. This just also continues to reconfirm my belief that the writers hated Blaine as a character because who writes something they know is awful and makes the character look awful, that again no one exactly was rooting for or interested in seeing, unless you hate the character or the viewers. Thank goodness that mess was put out of its misery.

That said I think the first scene doesn't make Kurt come off too good either. Yes, the proposal was over the top, but he easily could have taken Blaine aside afterwards and told him he wasn't quite ready, to just try to be a couple first. Instead he goes along with it and then when they break up, it's "oh, I only got engaged to you in the first place because you made me. So, this is all your fault anyways."

But you know, if you think about it, it is kind of consistent with this pairing and another reminder about how god awful they became. Because back in Season 3, there was that same type of passive aggressive behavior from Kurt. He made a whole deal of Blaine coming to McKinley, guilt tripped him with how he wanted his senior year to be perfect and he needed Blaine there for that. Nevermind that Blaine had friends, a life, oh an identity at Dalton that he seemed more than happy with. But Kurt wanted him at McKinley and of course this was all because the writers were lazy hacks who couldn't come up with a more sensible reason to get Blaine's character there.

Switch to Dance With Somebody episode when he's flirt texting that weird kid and is confronted by Blaine and Kurt says, "I like the attention. When was the last time you paid attention to me." To which Blaine rightfully reminds him that he changed his whole life for Kurt and Kurt's reaction was to then complain about all the ways Blaine being at McKinley was difficult for him. Again the school he begged Blaine to transfer to. While I liked the resolution of that episode, I remember that was the first time I honestly got a vibe of "these two people resent each other" and so didn't understand why they were still together. And it only got much, much worse.

Really, with the show finally, blessedly over and with some perspective, I look back and I really think Kurt and Blaine were only decent in Season 2 and that was it. Everything after was just awful - passive aggressive behavior on both of their parts, resentments and them never solving or talking about a damn thing with their relationship. Glee was just awful with relationships (and well just about everything else to be honest) and unfortunately, Kurt and Blaine was considered one of the important ones so they got a lot of focus which was never a good thing on that show. It just gave the writers ample time and opportunity to run it into the ground, repeatedly.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Switch to Dance With Somebody episode

If nothing else, I will always remember that storyline in that episode for "It's Not Right But It's Okay", if only for the awesome WTF reaction shots we got from Santana, Mike, and Will.

Kurt didn't even have to pull Blaine aside after the proposal. He knew where his dad was driving and, most importantly, what his dad was driving him to. He could have just bailed on Blaine (or sent him a nicely worded text) instead of allowing himself to get swept away with the grand gesture and thinking everything would just work out...because. So, yeah, I'm glad they cut out Kurt accusing Blaine there because Kurt knew what he was getting into (maybe not the lengths Blaine would go to, but certainly the intent)--although they could have worded that discussion better because in a fight, yeah, that grandiose proposal two seconds after they got back together would probably have come up. They should have left Kurt's voiceover in, though, because come on! Blaine was dating frickin' Karofsky!?! It shouldn't have taken Sue in the last episode for that to be brought up (and Blaine still gave a WTF look--seriously, Blaine?!).

Hmm...maybe they'll spend more money on other scripts. It could be amusing to see what else was cut... But the writers should probably be the ones paying so that no one sees any more of the terrible mess that is Glee writing than is already out there...

Edited by indeed
  • Love 1

Kurt's dad was driving him to be proposed to, threw in a sweet little reminder to Kurt that his mom was dead and he'd give anything for more time with her, there are over 100 people beaming and clapping and encouraging Kurt to accept the beautiful grand engagement from a man he isn't even dating and Kurt's in the wrong for accepting the proposal? I'd fault Kurt for staying engaged but not for getting engaged.

Has any character in the history of Glee ever done something that was 100% his or her doing that one group of viewers didn't immediately chime in to make sure fault was spread 50/50? Finn ran over the mailman but I'm sure there's website somewhere called themailmanwasaskingforit.com

if only for the awesome WTF reaction shots we got from Santana, Mike, and Will.

My favorite was Rachel's reaction.

Kurt didn't even have to pull Blaine aside after the proposal. He knew where his dad was driving and, most importantly, what his dad was driving him to

And didn't Burt even say to him that he could tell him he didn't want to go and he would turn the car around immediately, once he realized Kurt knew what was happening. I've also heard that a scene was cut from the episode of Kurt having a sleepover with Mercedes, Santana and Rachel, which is when he finds out what Blaine was planning. So hell, he could have just gotten out of dodge before his dad even picked him up and send a "thanks but no thanks" letter to Blaine. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Kurt's in the wrong for accepting the proposal?

I don't know if that was directed at my comments, but I'm not saying Kurt was in the wrong for accepting the proposal, just that he wasn't completely blindsided by Blaine, so Kurt accusing him in that scene didn't seem quite fair. it was completely a great big manipulation by everyone involved, but the writers made sure Kurt knew what he was doing when he said yes and Kurt did look VERY happy doing so at the time. Edited by indeed
  • Love 1
he could have just gotten out of dodge before his dad even picked him and send a "thanks but no thanks" letter to Blaine. 

Or he could have sold all of his worldly possessions and secured Blaine a spot at one of the country's best mental health facilities.  He could have set up a Match.com or eHarmony profile for Blaine to find someone more suited to him.  He could have joined the armed forces.  He could have joined the Foreign Legion.  He could have joined the monkhood.  He could have decided to set the world's record for longest walk ever and heading south on foot.  There are an infinite number of things Kurt could have done, given that he did only one thing and said yes to the proposal. 

I think the show went to rather great lengths not to give Kurt a choice.  Why did the show choose not to show Kurt being made aware of the proposal until he was being driven to it?  Why did Burt give the seize the day because Blaine may be dead tomorrow speech?  Why have the over-the-top proposal in public, in front of virtually everyone Kurt knew?  Why not have Blaine quietly propose in an intimate setting that would truly allow Kurt to say yes or no based on what he actually wanted?  Yes Kurt could have said no, but everything about the way Glee constructed the scene made it a herculean task.  Why?

Glee never wanted to pick a POV and go with it.  Why they continued up until the very end to edit episodes so that no point of view was ever aired is just another in the long line of curious and stupid choices they made with the show.

• Love 2

Kurt didn't even have to pull Blaine aside after the proposal. He knew where his dad was driving and, most importantly, what his dad was driving him to. He could have just bailed on Blaine (or sent him a nicely worded text) instead of allowing himself to get swept away with the grand gesture and thinking everything would just work out...because. So, yeah, I'm glad they cut out Kurt accusing Blaine there because Kurt knew what he was getting into (maybe not the lengths Blaine would go to, but certainly the intent)--although they could have worded that discussion better because in a fight, yeah, that grandiose proposal two seconds after they got back together would probably have come up. They should have left Kurt's voiceover in, though, because come on! Blaine was dating frickin' Karofsky!?! It shouldn't have taken Sue in the last episode for that to be brought up (and Blaine still gave a WTF look--seriously, Blaine?!).

Hmm...maybe they'll spend more money on other scripts. It could be amusing to see what else was cut... But the writers should probably be the ones paying so that no one sees any more of the terrible mess that is Glee writing than is already out there...

I agree. 

This 601 draft sounds so much more like Martha and George in Who's Afraid - the irony of future Kurt and Blaine starring in this play lol. What I'm saying is that sounds like a middle aged couple lashing out at each other and hitting below the belt when they're hurt, rather than 19 year olds. I've had that feeling during most of the fights the writers gave Kurt and Blaine, which imo is the writers are writing for themselves, and not for who their characters are supposed to be. The writers having crappy concepts and output, nothing new under the sun. 

There is cut/edited dialogue in the Kurt-Rachel scene as well, where Kurt talks more about what the therapist said to him, which is also a bunch of bs about Kurt not liking himself etc., see for yourselves. On one hand, it's the therapist's words; on the other, again it sounds to me like the writers putting their own issues in the character. I hope I'm making myself clear here, it's not that 19-year olds can't be vicious in fights and have complex issues in their relationships.

tumblr_inline_nm01eceAFW1qf9jk2_500.png

tumblr_inline_nm01fbS4mt1qf9jk2_500.png

I've also heard that a scene was cut from the episode of Kurt having a sleepover with Mercedes, Santana and Rachel, which is when he finds out what Blaine was planning. So hell, he could have just gotten out of dodge before his dad even picked him and send a "thanks but no thanks" letter to Blaine.

This is one cut scene from 501. It happens before the day of the proposal, about which Kurt knows and has basically decided to say yes.  

tumblr_inline_nm0097q5yd1ru08oq_500.jpg

In short, the writers made such a mess out of it all. No wonder they don't want to include the cut scenes in the box sets (as per the producer at the Paris Con), the hacks that they are.   

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

I saw the full script last night and it does make a lot of what happened afterwards make some kind of sense. First, Blaine dating Dave. That was pure spite on his part. Not that he moved on after Kurt ended their engagement, though he was more than free to do so. But it was with who he decided to do it with and how quickly he did it. He selected someone that Kurt had a long and troubled history with. Even though Dave is certainly reformed, Blaine knew what kind of signal he'd be sending Kurt.

Then there was how Blaine revealed to Kurt that he was dating Dave. Kurt asked for a meeting and right after Kurt admits that he wanted to try to reconcile, Dave just happens to show up? That was in no way an accident. The whole thing was staged specifically to shock and hurt Kurt as much as possible. I don't blame Dave for that stunt, because he has no reason to want to cause Kurt pain at this point. But Blaine? Especially after feeling humiliated that Kurt ended their engagement (which prompted him to flunk out of NYADA)? Most definitely.

This full scene would have definitely changed the entire tone of the Klaine relationship that season. It would have cemented and given legitimacy that Kurt's misgivings about getting engaged when they did were correct and that he was more than justified in ending things. That he did feel unduly pressured to agree to get married and that it had been lingering in the back of his mind since he said yes. But that would have derailed the planned storyline of Blaine being the one that the audience would sympathize with, so the lines about Kurt feeling pressured and manipulated (both valid even if Blaine had not consciously meant his proposal to come across in such a manner) and Blaine hating Kurt had to be removed. Still, Kurt still ended up being the figure that the audience seemed to sympathize with, due primarily to Chris's excellent acting (which put Kurt's feeling on full display) and Darren's usual crap "acting" (which only ended of emphasizing Blaine's childish and deliberately hurtful retaliation for what it was).

This is one cut scene from 501. It happens before the day of the proposal, about which Kurt knows and has basically decided to say yes.  

tumblr_inline_nm0097q5yd1ru08oq_500.jpg

In short, the writers made such a mess out of it all. No wonder they don't want to include the cut scenes in the box sets (as per the producer at the Paris Con), the hacks that they are.   

Gross, I'm glad that part was cut. I don't want to see Santana, Mercedes, and Rachel all squealing over Klaine.

People also bought scripts for A Wedding and Dreams Come True, but they don't have access to them yet. 

Gross, I'm glad that part was cut. I don't want to see Santana, Mercedes, and Rachel all squealing over Klaine.

People also bought scripts for A Wedding and Dreams Come True, but they don't have access to them yet. 

I have a perverse wish to hear Naya making stuff like "The sashaying cat is out of its sequined wedding bag" work. 

My grammar nazi pet peeve is about "Can you set up a meeting between he and I" in the 601 Kurt-Rachel scene. I'm sick and tired of supposed writers using the nominative case pronouns instead of the objective case ones. 

• Love 7

Yeah they did and she had more perspective on the whole thing than the others because she knew about Kurt texting with Chandler and warned him about it. So she kept giving these awkward side glances at Kurt while Blaine was singing.

• Love 1

Kurt should have gotten a new therapist.

This 601 draft sounds so much more like Martha and George in Who's Afraid - the irony of future Kurt and Blaine starring in this play lol.

too bad RM didn't buy the right to this. I'd pay to see CC and DC act out George and Marshall?...Marcus? on stage. Maybe DC's acting would come across better on stage without any close-ups to tempt me to burst out laughing.

My grammar nazi pet peeve is about "Can you set up a meeting between he and I" in the 601 Kurt-Rachel scene. I'm sick and tired of supposed writers using the nominative case pronouns instead of the objective case ones.

Yes! And so many do it! Ergh. Edited by indeed

Oh my God - forever and always the example of how awful these writers are:  Kurt's mom died when he was 10 (or 8), his step brother died less than a year earlier, his father had a life-threatening heart attack when Kurt was 17 and a year or so later was diagnosed with cancer, and Kurt's issue is not fear of abandonment, but that he doesn't love himself enough.

• Love 5

I have a perverse wish to hear Naya making stuff like "The sashaying cat is out of its sequined wedding bag" work. 

Reading some of these script excerpts makes me appreciate some of these actors even more. 

• Love 7

Yes! And so many do it! Ergh.

My guess is English will eventually lose the pronouns case forms (as it becomes even more of an analytic language), but for the time being they're still standard, and I expect writers to know how to use them.

Oh my God - forever and always the example of how awful these writers are:  Kurt's mom died when he was 10 (or 8), his step brother died less than a year earlier, his father had a life-threatening heart attack when Kurt was 17 and a year or so later was diagnosed with cancer, and Kurt's issue is not fear of abandonment, but that he doesn't love himself enough.

Exactly, such an awful tone-deaf mess. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

One of the annoying things about this is that they apparently didn't see how codependent dynamics are created by both people. Nothing on how clingy Blaine is? Nothing on how he's so insecure he'll sabatoge other people's diets?

And I think Kurt's problems with Blaine are the unwillingness to forgive. Whenever the lighthouse guy came up, Kurt was always really passive aggressive about it. Not saying he has to forgive it, but if he's going to marry the guy, he probably should.

Idk, it seems like in season 6, they put all the blame on Kurt, and not even for the right things.

In hindsight Brittanna probably benefited from their being designed to be a minor SL to begin with.  Whether 13, 20 or 22 episodes, I'm convinced RIB had planned to have Brittanna have all along what we saw onscreen.  No more, no less.  So it was easy to give them the 2/3 episode focus.

Whereas all the other major storylines, Rachel's redemption, the New New Directions, Blaine at Dalton/Karfosky, Klaine breakup and marriage, Samchel, etc, all those things were set up and chewed out before the writers gave up and just rushed everything including making the season practically nothing but filler episodes.For example, why drag out Blainofsky for 7 episodes just to marry Klaine off in Episode 8, it's almost  like they had the blueprint for 22 episodes and hadn't scaled down when they started the season.   Ryan moved on and had the others try to squeeze in his vision.  It certainly seems as if Blaine, for example, was set up for a lot more than what he actually got for  the season.

Beside the godawful writing that would have torpedoed whatever they did, IMO two more  things screwed them up ; obviously thinking they were going to get 22 episodes and in typical Ryan fashion, when he realized he wasn't going to get them, but only 13, refusing to whittle down what he was setting up ambitiously.
Second,  Chris with his planned movie in the fall.  I can't help but think they had already factored him gone for the first part of a 22 episode season before FOX balked and cut their order.  (We'll never know if FOX/Glee rescinded their permission to  Chris  planned fall filming of the Noel movie or not, or if the British indie company realized they needed more time for planning/finance on their own) .  It just seems that Kurt back in McKinley screwed certain things up for them, and Rachel/Blaine had loomed as more co lead characters from 6.01.  Or else like the hacks they are they didn't realize exiling  Blaine to Dalton was too much of  a SL blunder to correct.

What is apparent is they had zero interest in Quinn, Puck, Artie, Mercedes, Tina for this last season and had nothing planned for them.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

What is apparent is they had zero interest in Quinn, Puck, Artie, Mercedes, Tina for this last season and had nothing planned for them.

Oh they had plans for them alright. They needed them to prop up other peoples stories. Quinn and Tina got the enormous privilege of playing second fiddle in a story about BECKY, cause that's what the audience has been clamoring for.  And Mercedes well, she got to come back and jump start both Rachel's career and love life! Artie got to plan the Brittana/Klaine wedding. Puck didn't even get to prop anyone else's stories much less get a story of is own. And my sneaking suspicion is that even if we had gotten a full season order of episodes, all of this still would have been the case.

• Love 3

Of course what's interesting about that is that Naya River was apparently persona non Grata at the end of Season 5, even having the last episode re written to cut her out.   So obviously things happened behind the scenes/turned around  so that she was one of the few Original cast that actually got a SL and focus for Season 6.   Over Kevin, Amber and Jenna.

Well, I'm guessing it really worked out in her character's favor, because if Naya had never had that end-of-season drama, then I'd guess still would have been fully contracted in season 6, and who knows what would have happened with Santana/Brittana. Probably nothing near as good as we got.

This is the only show on tv where I've stanned for someone and honestly thought 4 episodes >>>> 13 episodes.

• Love 2

Of course what's interesting about that is that Naya River was apparently persona non Grata at the end of Season 5, even having the last episode re written to cut her out.   So obviously things happened behind the scenes/turned around  so that she was one of the few Original cast that actually got a SL and focus for Season 6.   Over Kevin, Amber and Jenna.

I think they had the idea for the big double gay wedding and therefore Santana and Brittany got a storyline. I mean they literally had nothing else to do. And I'd argue Brittany had more of that storyline, even with the stuff about Santana's family.

I think they had the idea for the big double gay wedding and therefore Santana and Brittany got a storyline. I mean they literally had nothing else to do. And I'd argue Brittany had more of that storyline, even with the stuff about Santana's family.

OH I'm not saying that it  was enough what they got, but in the context of everything else this year.  For example, compare it to Blaine who didn't even get to talk to his mother onscreen , whereas both Santana and Brittany had scenes with family members when the focus was on them.

Klaine seemed more an afterthought in the double gay wedding, and I never would have guessed that before the season began.

Again I find it richly ironic that the one couple that was IMO not "endgame": from the start had the most satisfying relationship focus in Season 6  and ended up the most healthy union on the show...again context.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

fakeempress, I'm asking you here, in front of all of our fellow forum posters (imagine we have just sung you a beautiful, sentimental song of your choosing):  Will you marry I..ur, me??  A union based on mutual grammar pet peeves will most surely go the distance ;)

Seriously, this makes me so, SO angry, whether I'm talking to someone IRL or watching the freaking Bachelor.  I learned how to use pronouns properly in FIFTH GRADE; how is it possible for people who get paid to write for a living to not have a grasp of this fundamental concept?  /rant

Edited by Lovecat
  • Love 2

Seriously, this makes me so, SO angry, whether I'm talking to someone IRL or watching the freaking Bachelor.  I learned how to use pronouns properly in FIFTH GRADE; how is it possible for people who get paid to write for a living to not have a grasp of this fundamental concept?  /rant

These are the same genius writers who actually wrote in the Original Song script, as a reaction to Mercedes singing Hell to the No, "people are literally shitting themselves."

• Love 4

These are the same genius writers who actually wrote in the Original Song script, as a reaction to Mercedes singing Hell to the No, "people are literally shitting themselves."

The travesty of the lack of Emmy awards for writing will never not be gut-wrenching.

• Love 4

fakeempress, I'm asking you here, in front of all of our fellow forum posters (imagine we have just sung you a beautiful, sentimental song of your choosing):  Will you marry I..ur, me??  A union based on mutual grammar pet peeves will most surely go the distance ;)

True story, I was just listening to "Archie, Marry Me" by The Alvvays :)

I forgot it was about this song, lol. Geniuses -- pardon, genii. 

• Love 2

Whereas all the other major storylines, Rachel's redemption, the New New Directions, Blaine at Dalton/Karfosky, Klaine breakup and marriage, Samchel, etc, all those things were set up and chewed out before the writers gave up and just rushed everything including making the season practically nothing but filler episodes.For example, why drag out Blainofsky for 7 episodes just to marry Klaine off in Episode 8, it's almost  like they had the blueprint for 22 episodes and hadn't scaled down when they started the season.   Ryan moved on and had the others try to squeeze in his vision.  It certainly seems as if Blaine, for example, was set up for a lot more than what he actually got for  the season.

You know, this is one explanation I had never considered that really could explain some of the godawful writing in Season 6 - ie, if they wrote an overarching storyline for 22 episodes, and then when they got only 13, didn't rewrite or compress the storyline, they just ended it at 13.  I kept waiting for Blaine to get the focus that was promised (threatened) before the season - but it never came.  Maybe they expected his storyline to take off in the second half of a 22 episode season, and then they didn't get 22 episodes, and they didn't bother to rewrite.  Just pushed all their finale stuff into episode 13.  So Blaine's story got chopped.

Also:  OMG, I could not agree more about the grammar discussion.

Add me to the list of people who cringe every time a character says "I" when they should be saying "me." It's even worse when the character is a writer or when the character is supposed to be a genius.

• Love 3

I just saw the 'you're toxic' scene between Bree and Jake in The End of Twerk. It still feels really uncalled for. I mean don't get me wrong the best thing Marley ever does is dump his cheating ass but the 'you're gonna end up with seven kids by seven women' shit feels a bit over the top.

Part of its bad writing, as far as we know Jake never sleeps with anyone but Bree, it's implied, but it's not like Puck who we know slept with four of the first seven women in ND plus Shelby and the women who's pools he cleaned. I mean I assume Bree's not Jake's first but I shouldn't have to, I prefer show over tell, but at least do one or other.

It also feels over the top given another character fucks someone they found on Facebook, we then have a season his moping about being so sad about being dumped, when he was crushing on his BFF. Then reuniting and having a giant celebratory public proposal.

Or are my stan goggles clouding me here. I mean I always thought what Jake did was really shitty, and my favourite thing Marley ever did was dump his ass. But I didn't think it made him any worse than anyone else who cheated, which is everyone in glee except Kurt and Artie by my count.

Welll according to Blaine, Kurt cheated by texting Chandler.

It makes me laugh that Blaine sang a freaking love song to Sam in front of the whole choir (under the guise that Phil Collins was his guilty pleasure) , fucked a face book, and then moved in and fucked his ex's bully who had threatened his life and NOBODY took him to the carpet for this except for Sue for comic relief, other wise he's a "hero" and a good guy.

Jacob is made to sleep with Bree and he gets publicly shamed as a male whore .

Tina vapor rapes Blaine and it becomes a running gag for a year and a half to belittle her.

The double standards are amazing on Glee.

• Love 2

It's because Blaine's actions were all to move the plot forward. (Blaine cheated because Klaine needed to breakup. Blaine dated the ex bully because he needed to be dating someone...)

Whereas the Jacob and Tina things were more characterization. Blaine was a good guy who did those things because Ryan's a bad writer and needed to move the plot forward, not because that was supposedly in the character's personality. Tina's vapor rape and Jacob's cheating was more about them as people. 

It just essentially comes down to Blaine being an even poorer written character than the rest of the characters, and essentially being used as a plot devise. 

It's because Blaine's actions were all to move the plot forward. (Blaine cheated because Klaine needed to breakup. Blaine dated the ex bully because he needed to be dating someone...)

Whereas the Jacob and Tina things were more characterization. Blaine was a good guy who did those things because Ryan's a bad writer and needed to move the plot forward, not because that was supposedly in the character's personality. Tina's vapor rape and Jacob's cheating was more about them as people.

It just essentially comes down to Blaine being an even poorer written character than the rest of the characters, and essentially being used as a plot devise.

They could've given Klaine another kind of break-up (long distance was too hard, Blaine felt they were growing apart with Kurt out of high school, etc. Although I still feel like the fandom gives Blaine more crap for cheating than others). For dating, bring in a new character?

I feel like these decisions were also for shock value. Sigh.

• Love 1

So Blaine was written as a good guy who did something bad as a plot device, but the Jake and Tina storyline were about their character, so they're inherently bad people? That makes the double standard even worse.

Blaine's not been written any poorer than any other character, and it doesn't really hold up as a complaint when compared to Jake or Tina. Jake was only there to exist as a love interest and never has his own agency, Tina exists as a prop, first for Rachel, then Blaine, then Artie.