Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Knocked The Family Right Out

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

After a luxury condo is robbed, the team is shocked to learn that not only was the family fast asleep when the crime occurred, but their teenaged daughter was violated during the invasion as well. Voight consults Jimmy from Firehouse 51 to confirm his suspicion that the family was knocked out by a powerful gas, and Lindsay, Halstead, Atwater and Ruzek go undercover to seek out the perpetrators. Meanwhile, Voight tries to help a former acquaintance get back on his feet, and Platt and Mouch receive disappointing news regarding their upcoming wedding.

Wait, wait -- one of their own is in peril, right? Because they never do that.

On the other hand, I cheered when Lindsay punched whatsherface Tawny right in the schnoz. I would make such a bad cop.

• Love 7

When the guy was about to attack Erin, my immediate thought was this: Does this guy have a death wish? Hasn't he heard of Voigt? Either Halstead or Voigt would have taken him out if he had hurt Erin!

• Love 2

A better question is how the hell was Hermann already back at work? Last week during that crossover he was a mess on the verge of death's door. Now he's serving drinks at Molly's looking like he just got back from vacation. Continuity, people.

• Love 6

I took it that some time had passed between the end of the three-part crossover and this episode. Mouch and Sergeant Trudy seemed to be pretty far along in their wedding planning, no? Maybe there were other indicators of a smaller passage of time that I missed; did someone refer to Hermann's hospital ordeal as having happened only last week?

• Love 1

I got incredibly distracted by how much party organizer dude (Jonny Beauchamp) looked like a very young Kevin Smith (Ares from Xena). I admit when Voight threatened to rough him up I was all 'oh, not the pretty!'

• Love 1

Ares was pretty wasn't he?

I thought there was some time between the episodes as well. Maybe they should have clarified it a bit.

Erin is a bit of a soft touch with young females. But I get it --transference and all.

It was nice to see Atwater in action -- I always feels like he doesn't do much (rightly or wrongly).

• Love 2

I watched this show last night for the first time ever, and only after flipping through all my channels 100 times to try and find something to watch. Sort of like one keeps opening the refrigerator door just in case food choices changed in the last two seconds.

The best -- or worst -- part of the show for me was, after the cops were chasing that guy through the streets and into the house under construction, the guy shooting at cops with a shotgun and cop returning rapid fire ... when the guy was caught, they tossed him on the ground and cuffed him, then led him away. SO WRONG!

If that REALLY had been Chicago PD, they would have beaten the cr*p out of the guy after they caught him, then shot him 17 times. Now THAT'S the Chicago PD that I know.

I loved when Erin punched that POS in the mouth after she spit in her face. I was rooting for that woman to die along with her piece of shit Boyfriend who raped that young girl. I don't know I have a huge problem with Women who let other women get raped. I mean I hate anyone who lets someone get raped

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 4

On the other hand, I cheered when Lindsay punched whatsherface Tawny right in the schnoz. I would make such a bad cop.

I came here to say exactly this!! Cheers!

I still didn't understand why Erin went alone.

I think because at the time, she still thought Tawny was a victim. She was going to show her mug shots, not necessarily question a suspect. 

I forgot to mention my favorite bit: Ruzek's reaction when Eddie told him 'You and me are gonna have a talk later.' That was the face most of us would make if Clancy Brown said those words to us.

you mean when his bowels loosened?  lol

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 6

I did appreciate the low-key conversation between Lindsay and Halstead in the kitchen afterwards.  The temptation by writers is always to go the "I could have lost you", super angry route.  But here, it was a "Hey, this was a professional mistake that I'm pointing out to you, now it's over."  I also appreciated her response, because he was right.  You do need to always bring backup when you're on the job.

On a shallow note, for a moment I thought the NOX dealer was Jake T. Austin of Fosters fame!  

• Love 1

Everyone goes places alone all the time, don't they? Didn't Erin go by herself to the waitress she used to party with to get the information about who supplied the nitrous? That person could have been in on the crime too but that was okay, apparently. No one thought Tawny was involved (except me, indirectly, okay not really, but I did think one of the perps was probably a woman and knew Tawny was lying when she said she didn't recognize the nitrous supplier). I thought the point about backup was way overblown especially considering it took the rest of the unit like two seconds to figure it out and to track Tawny's whereabouts down.

Raise your hand if like me you thought Voight's felon friend's penpal with the daughter was going to be Bunny, Erin's mother.

Maybe the unit can go after Trudy's father's former girlfriend who screwed him out of a fortune like the guys on Fire did for Casey's sister (back when Fire had writers and plots).

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 2

I won't say I could tell Tawny wasn't truly a victim, but I did think it was odd that the information CPD turned up on her indicated she was staying at an AirBnB, and she later told Lindsay she was staying with a friend. I wasn't sue if that was supposed to be an inconsistency in her story, or if it was a slip by the writers. In any case, it wasn't noted by the detectives, as far as I could tell.

Edited by Sandman

I watched this show last night for the first time ever, and only after flipping through all my channels 100 times to try and find something to watch. Sort of like one keeps opening the refrigerator door just in case food choices changed in the last two seconds.

The best -- or worst -- part of the show for me was, after the cops were chasing that guy through the streets and into the house under construction, the guy shooting at cops with a shotgun and cop returning rapid fire ... when the guy was caught, they tossed him on the ground and cuffed him, then led him away. SO WRONG!

If that REALLY had been Chicago PD, they would have beaten the cr*p out of the guy after they caught him, then shot him 17 times. Now THAT'S the Chicago PD that I know.

Watch a few more episodes and you will see the Chicago PD that you know

• Love 1

Finally seen the episode and it was really good.

Good and subtle episode for Erin/Jay. They've got to be one of the most professional couples on tv. Jay was really losing his cool and I can't say I blamed him.

Erin always takes those female victim cases to heart. It was a stupid move to go to her place without back up and I almost thought she was a little too naive but I guess her concern for getting the rapist may have clouded her judgement. I'm glad they got him though.

Kim and Ruzek just need to call it quits. It's clear that she's not happy and I don't think he has any plans to go to the extra effort of making her happy either so whats the point.

Platt's daddy has no money issues are hilarious and while I find her one of the most capable women in the Chicago verse I have no problem believing she could be completely reliant on her father. Mouch asking who was footing the bill for dinner also made me laugh.

Seriously though, he's a firefighter and she's a sergeant I'm not sure what kind of money that is in America but surely they could comfortably pay for their own wedding?

Voight's pal from prison.... clearly not going to end well.

• Love 1

I won't say I could tell Tawny wasn't truly a victim, but I did think it was odd that the information CPD turned up on her indicated she was staying at an AirBnB, and she later told Lindsay she was staying with a friend.

Clearly Tawny hasn't been tuning in to the various Chicago shows lately...otherwise she would know nothing good comes of staying at an AirBnB lately (see: Chief Boden).

I cheered when Lindsay punched whatsherface Tawny right in the schnoz. I would make such a bad cop.

I know we're supposed to think they are doing the "right" thing, as they are generally lashing out at people who kinda sorta deserve it. But I can't help but think this sort of behavior, regardless of what spurred it, would be so ongoing in the PD, especially considering all the issues in real life these days with police brutality. Surely someone would have told their lawyer about the cage by now? Shown some unexplained bruises they hadn't come IN to the station with? etc.

Raise your hand if like me you thought Voight's felon friend's penpal with the daughter was going to be Bunny, Erin's mother.

Too twisted even for Dick Wolf!

Perhaps for Dick Wolf, but NOT for either Voight or Bunny! At this point I fully imagine each working in their own individual underground lairs, twirling their cartoon villain mustaches...

Huh. Well, ok, maybe not.