Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

Well, crazy brother attacked uncle in my house while cousin was watching. Cops called, brother taken away for now, cousin hyperventilating and freaking out. And, me annoyed that I can't get off this freaking merry-go-round of crazy.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Well, crazy brother attacked uncle in my house while cousin was watching. Cops called, brother taken away for now, cousin hyperventilating and freaking out. And, me annoyed that I can't get off this freaking merry-go-round of crazy.

Is your uncle okay? You're in Canada right? I don't know about the laws up there but down here  we can't have anyone involuntarily commited and people have been killed because of it.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 5

Just some scratches, luckily. Gramps is okay, but I was worried about the stress. Cousin was sobbing, hyperventilating and basically three seconds away from a panic attack. Uncle wants him gone, but I don't know. Last time my uncle wanted him gone, my mom just cried all day long and kept asking where would he go? Eventually my uncle let it go but I don't think she's be so lucky this time.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, jewel21 said:

Just some scratches, luckily. Gramps is okay, but I was worried about the stress. Cousin was sobbing, hyperventilating and basically three seconds away from a panic attack. Uncle wants him gone, but I don't know. Last time my uncle wanted him gone, my mom just cried all day long and kept asking where would he go? Eventually my uncle let it go but I don't think she's be so lucky this time.

No way. It's too dangerous for your cousin. I feel terrible for your family, jewel.

• Love 8

Oh jewel! There has to be someone who can help your family. Can your Grandpa's doctor refer him ( which includes you too ) for assistance from a social agency? That way the cost might be covered? 

Thankfully the physical injuries were minimal this time. The unseen wounds on the other hand are over the edge. 

• Love 8

I wish I had some wise and comforting words for all of you.  But I'm coming up empty...all I can do is try to send some good thoughts out to everyone.

I don't know what kind of awful energy has been unleashed into the universe or why, but it just seems like all the good people I know are going through very bad times right now.  Not only here amongst Preverts, but people around me, too.  I've never experienced such an overwhelming flood of bad news from every possible direction.  It's so strange.

Echoing jewel's sentiment that I wish we could all get together for real and have a beer and a laugh or a cry and a hug...

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

sounds just like my daughters father in law...the sob beat his dad so bad he almost died and was in the hospital for a  week...but he still defends him, gives him all the money he wants and will lie to everyone about it..he also was charged for it..after he got out on bail, he left for a while and never appeared for his court date..and john still gave him money..

it's hard jewel when the parents will let their child run roughshod over them and not do anything about it...while the family members pray for them to stay safe....

with any luck, he'll get locked up so you will all stay safe.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Snaporaz said:

I wish I had some wise and comforting words for all of you.  But I'm coming up empty...all I can do is try to send some good thoughts out to everyone.

I don't know what kind of awful energy has been unleashed into the universe or why, but it just seems like all the good people I know are going through very bad times right now.  Not only here amongst Preverts, but people around me, too.  I've never experienced such an overwhelming flood of bad news from every possible direction.  It's so strange.

Echoing jewel's sentiment that I wish we could all get together for real and have a beer and a laugh or a cry and a hug...

well, if ya'll are ever on vancouver island....great brew pubs here...and of course, the white spot...

• Love 6

Oh, @PatsyandEddie...I lost one of my beloved cats a year and a half ago.  I miss him like crazy and still think about him every day.  But here's an idea you might want to consider:  get a little notepad and make a list of things you loved about Roxy, funny little things she did, etc.  Add to it whenever you remember something else, even (especially) the smallest things.  In no time at all, there will be more than 100 things on your list.  It's a good way to focus on something positive and keep those memories alive.

• Love 9
On 1/28/2017 at 1:18 PM, peacheslatour said:

Thanks everybody, the human body can only stand so much. Death doesn't frighten me, being a burden does. In the words of my hero Mark Twain:

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience

Oh, so much love, Peaches. I was hardly on here yesterday because I was freaking out about the nightmare caused by Trump. I'm so so sorry about your mom. And this quote is perfect. I've never seen it and I will cherish it. Thank you.

Hugs to you too @PatsyandEddie

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Thanks, mia. It's so nice to come here and talk to you guys. For some reason my DH doesn't want to talk to me about it. He just shut me down again.

aaargh. Well we are here. DM me if you want any time.

• Love 9

Thanks, guys. I don't know what's happening, I haven't heard anything.

Last time he was committed, he had a social worker. He was put on a list for a halfway house but then my mom had him taken off the list because my brother said he would refuse to live in one, and it was 'a three year wait.' Considering it's been about three years since then, it might have been a good idea to keep him on the list but no one ever listens to me.

My mom just covers and enables him. And cries.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Last time he was committed, he had a social worker. He was put on a list for a halfway house but then my mom had him taken off the list because my brother said he would refuse to live in one, and it was 'a three year wait.' Considering it's been about three years since then, it might have been a good idea to keep him on the list but no one ever listens to me.

Oh geez jewel. I hope that he gets a psych evaluation of some kind which results in serious, meaningful help for all. Your brother definitely needs to be on a list. My brother is in a group home right now which has done him a world of good. There are simple rules to follow or out you go, no drugs, no alcohol, chores to be shared and so on. 

My oldest brother was a federal prosecutor and he would pull strings etc. to get my other brother committed when necessary. Fortunately, my ill brother never hurt anyone else. I feel so badly for you all. There must be a free support group available. Try the local CMHA offices ( Canadian Mental Health Association ) . Families suffer too! 

Thanks snap! What a great idea! I am having her cremated and returned to me later this week. I can keep a little notebook by her urn with her favourite toy. 

Shocked, stunned and saddened by events in Québec. Just horrid. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Oh Jewel. And Jewel's mom. ❤

And those people praying, having to die like that, in a hail of hate.

Snap, we need to all meet for a beer. Gah I want that so badly. 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, boes said:

love to you all, jewel21, peacheslatour, patsyand eddie, and every single one of you.  

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It's been a very painful weekend for too many people.

Lord hear our prayers, and have mercy on us. Grant us strength to bear our afflictions and losses with patience. Guide our leaders in Your commandment to care for “the least of these” (Matthew 25:40). Lead us with wisdom and grace to Your will and trust in Your loving care, Eternal Father, Son and Holy Spirit, now and forever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Last Wednesday my father (in a physical rehab nursing home for his hip replacement), my mother (living with us to attend my father's care), and Mr.Stunt, all caught a rhinovirus/common cold/some damned bug that's making them congested and miserable. I took Mom to the clinic Friday because her breathing seemed labored, and she was given an atomizer to help break up the congestion.

It's hard work being the healthy one. Pots of soup, chipped ice, bland meals, gallons of hot tea and OJ, fresh sheets, towels and handkerchiefs (Mom doesn't like Kleenex), garbage detail, grocery/drug store runs, sudden hot weather, cat on the fritz (he's a misanthrope, so this is nothing new), attend two parties to be complementary at industry money representing Mr.Stunt. Everyone was up and on their feet today.

My feet hurt.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh, god. Now my dad is threatening to blow his brains out. My son and I are going over there to take his guns away. Shit.

oh my god, peaches. Take care and keep us posted.

• Love 7

Peaches, please be careful.

Cupid Stunt, thank you for the prayers. They always make me feel better.

I don't know much, he got out this evening. I think someone posted his bail. The car is gone so he was here at some point. Uncle wants him gone and was here most of the day with my cousin. There's talk of having a letter written up by a lawyer to have him evicted.

I spent the majority of the day in bed napping or reading Archie comics unwilling to face the world. Thank god I have Mondays off but tomorrow it's back to work where everyone will ask how my weekend was...

• Love 6
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh, god. Now my dad is threatening to blow his brains out. My son and I are going over there to take his guns away. Shit.

Be careful. What is going on this world has gone crazy

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 7

Oh, noes guys :( I hope all your various family issues get resolved safely.  I guess I should be glad to only have an unmotivated mom who enables my brother to not leave the nest...but no one is getting hospitalized. Please keep us updated peaches and jewel.

1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

spent the majority of the day in bed napping or reading Archie comics unwilling to face the world

On a more positive tangent, have you seen that new Riverdale series yet? It's certain a....shall we say, unique take on the Archie canon.im not sure if I love it or not just yet but it's worth the watch at least once.

• Love 5

Oh my God. 

I don't even know what to say since if another person goes or whatever it could make matters intensify but also I don't what you to be in danger or have all this on your plate. It sucks when people who kick ass in all categories have this going on I know it sounds pat and doesn't mean much but I def think of you and others here when I'm not on here. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Oh, noes guys :( I hope all your various family issues get resolved safely.  I guess I should be glad to only have an unmotivated mom who enables my brother to not leave the nest...but no one is getting hospitalized. Please keep us updated peaches and jewel.

On a more positive tangent, have you seen that new Riverdale series yet? It's certain a....shall we say, unique take on the Archie canon.im not sure if I love it or not just yet but it's worth the watch at least once.

Not yet but I have it recorded. It looks odd but my cousin watched and said she liked it.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Just a quick update; my dad  was out when we went there and we couldn't get into the garage. I don't know what;s going to happen.

Surely, you could call the police to report your father as a danger to himself or others? This being America,  guns have more rights than most animal species, but at least they may be better equipped to defuse the situation (in theory)?

• Love 6

Peacheslatour, thinking of you, having to take all this in, have to take action, when your heart is in a million prices to begin with......And yet, you do what you have to.  You must be stretched to the limit in every way.  I'm so very sorry for it all.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, boes said:

Peacheslatour, thinking of you, having to take all this in, have to take action, when your heart is in a million prices to begin with......And yet, you do what you have to.  You must be stretched to the limit in every way.  I'm so very sorry for it all.

Thanks for the kind words. Also my husband is giving me the silent treatment, because I haven't been too interested in sexy time lately. Gee, I wonder how seeing my mother's dying face every time I close my eyes could be making me not in the mood. Well, fuck me sideways.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I just can't believe he would do that to me. I'm the one looking after him and I'd be the one to find him. I think he's just distraught.

Of course, I don't know him, but this seems most likely.  People say things they don't mean or shut down when they're under enormous stress. I hope you can all find a way to heal together.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I've only seen the commercials, which I'd thought at first to be some satirical take on the CW line-up.  But, no...it's for real.  Now I really really REALLY need to see the dark, edgy, chiseled CW incarnation of Jughead!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Thanks for the kind words. Also my husband is giving me the silent treatment, because I haven't been too interested in sexy time lately. Gee, I wonder how seeing my mother's dying face every time I close my eyes could be making me not in the mood. Well, fuck me sideways.

He needs a clue-by-four! 

((hugs))

• Love 6

I worked 2.5 hours extra last Friday, and two weeks before that I stayed 3 hrs later because it was busy and my boss said I could stay. Now my manager is asking me to go home early a couple of times this week to make up for the extra two and a half hours I worked last week. Like geez, I didn't realize that the $33 dollars extra on my paycheck before taxes was going to break the bank. It seems the more well off people are, the cheaper they are.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I've only seen the commercials, which I'd thought at first to be some satirical take on the CW line-up.  But, no...it's for real.  Now I really really REALLY need to see the dark, edgy, chiseled CW incarnation of Jughead!

Jughead is played by Cole Sprouse, who those with teen children may remember from such hits as The Suite Life of Zach and Cody and Suite Life on Deck. :p

I'm surprised with all the other modern liberties they've taken with canon that he's not a vegetarian....because no. I can grit my teeth over the blessedly brief

Archie/Extremely de-SORASed Miss Grundy hookup, who looks like Denise Richards

But leave Jughead his burgers!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I know what I want to say, but in deference to your husband, I won't.   But Ma Kettle was always handy with a frying pan and Pa seemed to survive.

I hope he shapes up - you can only take so much.

Love to you, peacheslatour.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, boes said:

I know what I want to say, but in deference to your husband, I won't.   But Ma Kettle was always handy with a frying pan and Pa seemed to survive.

I hope he shapes up - you can only take so much.

Love to you, peacheslatour.

He came home from work last night and apologized. Said he was giving me space. I've decided not to make a thing of it, but I will never forget.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

please ignore above almost quote....don't know why my laptop did that..

anyway, peaches, have you heard from your dad yet?

No. I talked to him on Mon. and he thought it was last week. He is just lost right now and he won't let me do anything for him. I'm supposed to go over on Sat. and go through her things. I guess I'll get a better idea of his state of mind then.

• Love 5