Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

jewel, she couldn't have had a better advocate than you.  You did everything possible, and that's a rarity in this world.

Petunia13, good for you and I hope the officer gives you some hope.  This is a terrible situation.  Keep us posted.

• Love 10

Did anyone see the President's farewell address last night? Or Comrade Combover's presser this morning? Christ, the contrast is physically painful.

To quote Roseanne; We so far beyond screwed that the light from screwed will take one billion years to reach the earth.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, jewel21 said:

It's with sad news that I have to announce that Marguerite passed away peacefully last night. In addition to the rhino, she developed another disease that is fatal in 90% of kittens and would have made her suffer greatly. I'm really saddened by this, I really wanted her to live. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1227008844052608&id=1115526351867525

We are touched by her fierce desire to live and sweet heart. May God give rest to Marguerite, and solace to you and her foster family.

I'm sorry she had to go to the Cat Star, Jewel.

• Love 11
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, peacheslatour said:

Did anyone see the President's farewell address last night? Or Comrade Combover's presser this morning? Christ, the contrast is physically painful.

To quote Roseanne; We so far beyond screwed that the light from screwed will take one billion years to reach the earth.

President Obama is so well spoken, it's nauseating to consider what we will have to suffer as Hair Gropenführer garble/repeat/dog whistle/insult/repeat/garble/buzzwords/repeat/banal information with insult/repeat/buzzword signoff PR stunts on Trumpenheimer TV via the national news ...

President Obama's Farewell Address to the American People

In the meantime, The Senate GOP Stayed Up Late to Screw Over America. Congress is poised to complete its initial step toward dismantling President Barack Obama's health care law, as Republicans divided over how to replace it face pressure from Donald Trump for quick action. By a near party-line 51-48 vote, the GOP-run Senate approved a budget that eases the way for action on subsequent repeal legislation as soon as next month. The Republican-controlled House planned to complete the budget on Friday, even amid misgivings by some GOP lawmakers. Aiming to build momentum, the office of House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., distributed an email underscoring support for the measure by his puppetmasters at the conservative group Heritage Action. Passage of the measure would permit follow-up legislation to escape the threat of a filibuster by Senate Democrats. Republicans are not close to agreement among themselves on what any Obamacare replacement would look like, however. The Senate procedural vote will set up special budget rules that will allow the repeal vote to take place with a simple majority in the 100-member Senate, instead of the 60 votes required to move most legislation. That means Republicans, who control 52 seats, can push through repeal legislation without Democratic cooperation. They're also discussing whether there are some elements of a replacement bill that could get through at the same time with a simple majority. But for many elements of a new health care law, Republicans are likely to need 60 votes and Democratic support, and at this point the two parties aren't even talking.

Someone you know, and it could be you, depend on the Affordable Care Act (ACA) for their healthcare. Please support them and yourself, and call (phone calls are counted in Washington D.C., not FB or Twitter responses) your senators and representatives.

• Love 10

Do these idiot republicans not realize a good bit of their supporters depend of government aid, especially "Obamacare"? More poor people who live in red states suffering the effects of the opioid epidemic are going to start dying because they no longer have access to healthcare. At some point I'm betting a good bit of Trump supporters (not all, but a lot) are going to put on their thinking caps and realize the republican politicians aren't their friends. What are these worthless politicians going to do then? 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

What they always do- blame Obama!

The only silver lining about this upcoming disaster is that since the republicans control everything they will have no one else to blame when the shit hits the fan. 

• Love 7

will he have a palace guard?

He already does:

President-elect Donald Trump has continued employing a private security and intelligence team at his victory rallies, and he is expected to keep at least some members of the team after he becomes president, according to people familiar with the plans.

The arrangement represents a major break from tradition. All modern presidents and presidents-elect have entrusted their personal security entirely to the Secret Service, and their event security mostly to local law enforcement, according to presidential security experts and Secret Service sources.

-From Politico

• Love 5
4 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

will he have a palace guard?

4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

He already does:

He certainly does,

kelly.gif

and apparently, KellyAnne Conway is in charge of them.  

• Love 9

Petunia - how are things going?

I'm very much missing Marguerite today. I think the reality is setting in. I used to look forward to seeing pictures and videos of her every day and now there's nothing to see and it's heartbreaking.

Also, Steve's appetite is down and he hasn't flown in a few days. And I haven't heard him sing in awhile. He's molting right now which takes a lot out of him but I'm still worried.

On another depressing note, anyone here ever been on antidepressants and gained a lot of weight because of them? I've been on them for a few years but the last 2 years I've packed on some weight and it seems no amount of exercise or dieting is making me lose anything. It's so frustrating.

• Love 6

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, jewel. I lost my dog around this time last year, and I still come home from work, get out of my car, and automatically look to the front step where she was always waiting for me. Animals make such a deep impression, and I'm certain you made one on Marguerite. 

I puffed up after being put on beta blockers for a rapid heartbeat. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, jewel. I lost my dog around this time last year, and I still come home from work, get out of my car, and automatically look to the front step where she was always waiting for me. Animals make such a deep impression, and I'm certain you made one on Marguerite. 

I puffed up after being put on beta blockers for a rapid heartbeat. 

Propranolol?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Yes, peaches! Oh my gawd, are you my pharmacist? ?

Lol. No, I used to wear size 2 jeans all the way until I was almost 50. Then I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. My doc was aware of my panic attacks and general anxiety and had put me on Xanax in my 30's and so he figured that my anxiety was driving my BP and he put me on Propranolol in my late 40's.  I started gaining weight and I couldn't figure out why as nothing else had changed. Then I thought "well, menopause what can you do?". My doc retired and I got a new one, she decided the Propranolol wasn't doing enough for my BP so she took me off and put me on Losartin. Guess what? My BP is better and the weight just started to fall off. DO NOT STOP taking Propranolol with your doctor's okay. I got terrible headaches for a week after I stopped and am more anxious, but I can break a Losartin in half and that usually takes the edge off.

• Love 4

Yeah. I had some kind of anxiety meds tat put weight on me. Even worse, it was while I was active duty and I had made the most horrible estate faith effort to keep up fitness, just to find I'm 193 pounds.

Suffice it to say any listed motivation other exercise has long since dwinded.

• Love 5

No worries, peaches! I will definitely not stop taking propranolol as I don't enjoy my heart racing. The doc who caught my sinus tach was kind of alarmed it hadn't been caught before. 

Reading about all of us who gained weight on various meds makes me wish they could design drugs without that side effect. I also want a turquoise unicorn that will pee on the hotel beds of my enemies. 

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

No worries, peaches! I will definitely not stop taking propranolol as I don't enjoy my heart racing. The doc who caught my sinus tach was kind of alarmed it hadn't been caught before. 

Reading about all of us who gained weight on various meds makes me wish they could design drugs without that side effect. I also want a turquoise unicorn that will pee on the hotel beds of my enemies. 

Oh, oh I want one too! Can mine be robin's egg blue or maybe British Racing Green? And can it pee rainbows? And make me go to sleep and wake up on Nov. 9 2016 to see big letters on the front page of the paper "US Makes History- Elects First Woman President!"

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 9
On 2017-01-12 at 6:30 PM, LeftPhalange said:

I hope Canadians are prepared for the influx of American refugees that will cross the border if things go bad here. And don't expect us to pay attention to your immigration and citizenship laws. 

You are more than welcome I wish you all the luck in the world I do believe you are going to need it.   As someone said on TV the other day you can't believe a word that comes out of Trumps mouth.   My prayers are with you.

• Love 6
On 2017-01-12 at 10:30 PM, jewel21 said:

Petunia - how are things going?

I'm very much missing Marguerite today. I think the reality is setting in. I used to look forward to seeing pictures and videos of her every day and now there's nothing to see and it's heartbreaking.

Also, Steve's appetite is down and he hasn't flown in a few days. And I haven't heard him sing in awhile. He's molting right now which takes a lot out of him but I'm still worried.

On another depressing note, anyone here ever been on antidepressants and gained a lot of weight because of them? I've been on them for a few years but the last 2 years I've packed on some weight and it seems no amount of exercise or dieting is making me lose anything. It's so frustrating.

I am so sorry to hear about your precious little kitten I know how much it hurts to lose a family pet the are a part of the family.   I had to put down two of my dogs one had cancer and the other was too old and always in pain.  It is very hard and I still think of them and it has been years since they are gone.

Edited by Shicklove1
Spelling
  • Love 5
On 1/12/2017 at 3:30 PM, LeftPhalange said:

I hope Canadians are prepared for the influx of American refugees that will cross the border if things go bad here. And don't expect us to pay attention to your immigration and citizenship laws. 

yeppers!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

So, Drumpf's got Lee Greenwood, Toby Keith and 3 Doors Down for the inauguration, now downgraded to Presidential County Fair.

I heard there's also going to be a Bruce Springsteen cover band.  For real.

• Love 5
On 1/14/2017 at 4:09 PM, Snaporaz said:

I heard there's also going to be a Bruce Springsteen cover band.  For real.

lolololo nope they just backed out too:

The B Street Band ― a Bruce Springsteen cover band who should not be confused with The E Street Band, musicians who actually back The Boss ― have dropped out of playing the Garden State Presidential Inaugural Gala on Jan. 19.

The band announced their decision to back out of the party on Monday, because playing the party isn’t something Springsteen himself would approve of. 

“Our decision is based SOLELY on the respect and gratitude we have for Bruce and the E Street Band,” the cover band’s founder and keyboardist Will Forte, 63, told Backstreets in a statement. “Bruce’s music has been the foundation of our livelihood. The B Street Band would not exist without the talents of Bruce and our E Street brothers.”

Like many celebrities, Springsteen has been a vocal critic of Trump. While speaking to Rolling Stone in September, Springsteen called Trump a “moron” and criticized him for normalizing the “dangerous ideas” of “white nationalism and the alt-right movement.

From the Huffington Post.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

They never found out how or why bullet was there but I feel lot safer talking to lawyer, police, and store management. Everything else is fine. George is steady handsome. 

I'm really glad you documented all of this. Whoever hassles you again is going to get jammed up and possibly face the jackpot. (sorry been watching a lot of NYPD Blue lately)

• Love 8