Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

Just got home and a woman was walking her dog off leash and it ran into the intersection and crossed to me causing me to practically throw my pocket dog back into my car and drop my groceries. I said "watch your dog you stupid C U next Tuesday"

and she goes "what a pretty little mouth you have...wait you aren't pretty or little." Um what does my looks have to do with her dog almost being hit by a car and lunging for my puppy? Fucking idiot! 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Just got home and a woman was walking her dog off leash and it ran into the intersection and crossed to me causing me to practically throw my pocket dog back into my car and drop my groceries. I said "watch your dog you stupid C U next Tuesday"

and she goes "what a pretty little mouth you have...wait you aren't pretty or little." Um what does my looks have to do with her dog almost being hit by a car and lunging for my puppy? Fucking idiot! 

Her dog is eventually going get run over and it will be HER fault. People like that don't deserve to have pets. Too bad for the doggie, but it would serve her right.

• Love 4

This year alone in my neighborhood I've seen 2 dogs being walked off leash and hit/killed by cars. 4 additional ones have run off and are "missing". One dog that was hit and died was on the street (my street) this lady from today wash 

I really really think this is important. Not only that but there's a lot of older people in the area, little kids, and other dogs. So a loose dog running around and knocking into people or darting in traffic or charging other pups is beyond stupid and dangerous. 

My dog is very small and has zero body fat so if a Great Dane or roti goes to bit or step on him that could mean death. 

@PatsyandEddie you are so right it's her world and how dare I challenge this. I have no right to since I'm so ugly and huge! Just guessing but...This is the type of person who also if criticized or debated  would be like "what do you know you're POOR." Or be like "why should your opinion matter... I am rich" Whether I am fat or thin or hot or not she's still breaking a law and putting her dog and others in danger. 

Im sure I was wrong for calling her that but she is in fact an asshole lol and I actually look great. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

It would've been fine with me if you'd decked her with a plank.  Assholes like that endanger their pets, other people and animals and THEN dare to get snarky when confronted?

That poor dog of hers......

• Love 8

Eww, lol.

Thanks for the warm thoughts and prayers. I still don't know much on my uncle's condition, but my cousin said he's starting to improve, and that he's in the best case scenario given what he's gone through. Whatever that means. I was told they would learn more in the next few days. My mom did say he is speaking, and they removed a blood clot, but that his left side is weak. He will need rehab/physiotherapy. Not sure what will happen with my grandma, but I'm assuming she will need to be placed in a facility sooner rather than later since won't be able to care for her.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

To my sister and all Christmas babies everywhere ...

e728d6a23457fa88d5944adc5baaead7.jpg

Ha!  My godmother would always ask, "Do you want a Christmas present or a birthday present?"  (My birthday is between Christmas and New Years).  My mom, though, would always make sure I got the same birthday - which in my family was celebrated, but lowkey - as everyone else.

• Love 5
Just now, boes said:

Ha!  My godmother would always ask, "Do you want a Christmas present or a birthday present?"  (My birthday is between Christmas and New Years).  My mom, though, would always make sure I got the same birthday - which in my family was celebrated, but lowkey - as everyone else.

My sister's birthday is December 24. It's tradition to have a birthday party Christmas Eve, with hats, streamers, cake and birthday presents. Then Christmas Day we have the whole Christmas presents hoop-de-do

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Mine is today!  I love being 29, and now I have 20 years of experience at it!

Wow!!  Happy Birthday!  And remember, you get a WHOLE WEEK of celebrations.  Have a great one.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

my brother in law's b'day is dec. 24 too...he says he's always hated it...

My sister was born on Dec 26th and she has always hated it.  My grandson was born on the 31st I used to tell him the whole world celebrates his birthday.  When he was younger it used to make him smile from ear to ear.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Thanks for the good wishes, Preverts!  It's funny to share a birthday with Ludwig van Beethoven, Pope Francis, and Dummer Newman!

Ack! I missed your birthday. Happy happy birthday WEEK, Snap!!! Hope it's a good one, my friend.

??

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Thanks for the good wishes, Preverts!  It's funny to share a birthday with Ludwig van Beethoven, Pope Francis, and Dummer Newman!

And with my daughter, too. Happy birthday, snaporaz!

• Love 7
On 2016-12-18 at 0:57 PM, Snaporaz said:

This is my idea of the perfect guest list for a birthday party!

Me too Snap... me fucking too!  The whole of my life, animals have been and always will be my nearest and most cherished friends.  They are the only thing in this madding crowd world that make complete and perfect sense to me. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Hahahaha! I saw that one last year, and I still crack up!

The lighting, shopped halos and staged "And unto us a dog is born" weird reverence is hilarious.

when-i-was-my-mom-had-us-take-christmas-

"You better watch out, You better not cry, You better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santa Claus is coming to town! ... Everybody SING!"

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6

Someone reported me for using the c word. Ooops. I know who too. I don't think it was because that word wounds them as much as they simply don't like me and are babyish. 

Also, unrelated, someone flagged my Yelp review of Bob Inn in Chicago which was 7 yrs old. I don't think they even check these flags sometimes. It was helpful and first hand, I just wrote it in a diff style. 

• Love 7

So I spoke to my mom the other day. My uncle is still in an Ottawa hospital but is supposed to be transferred by ambulance to Kitchener in the next day or so. I had heard he had problems speaking to my other uncle, his speech was off and slurred. But, my mom got to speak with him two days ago and she said he spoke well, just very low, and his memory is intact. So fingers crossed.

Gramps is in heart failure. They changed his meds around and he has to see the doctor again in three months. I hope there's improvement. He has a lot of water in his legs and around the lungs.

Marguerite is doing well. Still a bit congested in her nose but the lungs are clear and she's spending longer periods outside her carrier. She's still sleeping on a heating pad. She purrs now when being held and kneads the foster's face with her paws. The foster is rescuing a ton of cats and many are up for adoption. I want them all but I'm scared they'll eat Steve.

Speaking of Steve, it turns out he's scared of rolls of wrapping paper, heh.

Marguerite playing and surrounded by other cats and dogs:

https://www.facebook.com/RefugeChatBri/videos/1200838693336290/

• Love 8
19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Gotta say CS, I'm loving the hell out of the hilarious xmas cards. Thanks, you make my day a little brighter.

Anything for you and the Preverts during the 24/7 over-load of Hallmark Christmas movies, forced cheer and salutations while floating in a sugarbrandybuttercreamcheeserumpeppermint tsunami.

The amount of Christmas memes and madness on the internet is amazing! It's the best part of the day to poke through photo cards for just that one to post ...

Speaking of which, today I couldn't choose just one ...

We received this card from a friend ...

il_570xN.691958900_df99.jpg

An Australian mall is using this fellow in Christmas advertising ...

Hipster_santa_feeldesain_03.jpg

And last but not least is glam-Hipster Santa for Toronto's Yorkdale Shopping Center ...

yorkdalefashionsanta-red.jpg.653x0_q80_c

Being an old fogey and not always hip to the young folks jive -- Totes trying too hard ... in an ironic way.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Marguerite playing and surrounded by other cats and dogs:

https://www.facebook.com/RefugeChatBri/videos/1200838693336290/

Keeping a good thought for your Uncle and grandfather, Jewel.

Tweet Hey! to Steve, and a scritch for Marguerite. She's doing really well!

1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

Marguerite est très mignonne!  

Best wishes for a much healthier 2017 to Preverts and their families.

Merry Christmas to you, Almost Christmas Baby Snapoaz!

• Love 5

Anything for you and the Preverts during the 24/7 over-load of Hallmark Christmas movies, forced cheer and salutations while floating in a sugarbrandybuttercreamcheeserumpeppermint tsunami.

Ain't it the truth! My husband lurves those atrocious Hallmark schlock fests. He even watches the heinous Christmas in July slop. I'm sorry dear hubby, but I hate that shit with the fiery heat of a thousand suns. It's an utterly formulaic, manipulative marketing tool used to advertise useless, meaninglessness to jaded consumers with more money than good sense. And the plots. aaarrggghhh: Tough minded, workaholic single mom moves to small town to start a new life, her whiny tot has trouble adjusting- but wait! Here come handsome craftsman/vintor/secretly rich scion of a vastly wealthy family who wants to make it on his own. He's been hurt before and understands that so has she. He shows her and her snot nosed brat the TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAStm Hallmark, Inc. Cue the snow and sappy music, rinse, repeat. KMN.

• Love 8

I think finally tomorrow I'll be done w my shopping (and if you recall) I started before thanksgiving. And I have to buy the groceries and wine for the holiday meal. I visit her Christmas morning. 

Is anyone making or serving anything cool or yummy this year? I think I'm most excited about the cheese platter and the appetizer spread. 

• Love 4

Several of those movies were filmed in the Toronto area. My oldest son is a sound / light engineer in the film industry so he worked on a few of them. I think he texted KMN just about every day. He spent hours in a stable with a horse filming one scene. He was so pissed off. Plus it was about 95 degrees . Hahaha! 

• Love 8