Type keyword(s) to search

Chris Colfer/Kurt Hummel

I think it's been spoiled by the director at least one of the songs that will be performed.

What I would hope for the soundtrack is for other Noel Coward songs for Chris to sing, even if technically outside the time frame the movie is set in.

We do know a young songwriter/composer is doing the musical score for the film, so the movie so far is an interesting of older and very young talent.

I just downloaded some music this weekend from Pentatonix (an a cappella group that just won a Grammy) which led me to their youtube channel , and I was struck by how one of their singers, Mitch Grassi has a voice similiar to Chris Colfer's.  Why couldn't they have incorporated songs like Mitch sings for Chris in Glee?

Mitch and the rest of the band arrange their own material, so each band member contributes what vocal parts suit them best until they have a completed arrangement. Basically, Mitch has more control over what parts he sings, so he knows what works. It also helps that most of the band's material is newer and hipper than most of the songs that production thinks Kurt should sing. I also agree that there's less of a will or urgency on behalf of production to have Kurt sing, even when there's a big need to do so plot-wise.

• Love 1

I need one of those hats! I survived Glee and my favorite is Chris Colfer!!

I get the feeling !! It's also easy if you really want it. Buy a regular black hat, get it stitched (there are such services), bingo. It costs a little bit of money. 

I revel in the thought that RIB must have gotten these hats as well. 

Edited by fakeempress

I have been stanning for Kurt since 2009, so even I was surprised they managed a new low for him with "A Wedding". Bad enough he would be in Lima and prop Rachel with the Glee club for his NYADA degree instead of doing anything worthwhile in New York, bad enough his rebound was a 60 year old guy. And after they already gave Burt prostate cancer just to push Kurt back to Blaine after he cheated, I am sure it came as no surprise to no one at all that they would use Finn's/Cory's death for another "life is short" speech.

But there is just no way in hell that Kurt Hummel would have ever gotten married in a barn, least of all in a suit that shiny.

I weep for my lil baby bird who, in season 1, would have cut a bitch if anyone had even suggested as much.

I know RIB hate Chris or Kurt or both, but the character they dragged through the worst regularly in past seasons just so they could do more gay PSAs deserved much better. I did not expect much for Kurt, but a double wedding with Brittana after having Blaine in a relationship with Karofsky and getting back together literally the same day, with no real career path or storyline or really even his voice left, feels like I got kicked while I was already down.

I'm doing my best to not be disappointed as it was a long time coming, but I can't help but mourn a little for a character I was rooting for for six years.

• Love 3

What I find interesting is that Glee could not pull the trigger.

The setup was there for Kurt to pine and grovel to get back Blaine, to finally switch the dynamics, and the show couldn't quite do it.

Not that I want to see Kurt grovel when he was right to break it off, but a reversal would be too much work, RIB have to think about and outline season-long arc and be willing to give Kurt some dedicated screen time and focus. Which didn't happen in Season 4 so they're just being true to themselves. 

Edited by fakeempress

I'm not pretending they write Kurt well at this point,much less give him any individual focus. However knowing the depths RIB is capable of, his character , even with reduced screentime , to have thrown him completely under the bus, even they couldn't make Kurt mouth that marrying Blaine made any sense.

Edited by caracas1914

I weep for my lil baby bird who, in season 1, would have cut a bitch if anyone had even suggested as much.

Kurt's changed so much since those days...and not necessarily in all good ways.

I think what they did to Kurt this season--being desperate to get Blaine back...even after finding out about Blainofsky--was bad enough. I'm glad I was spared any groveling or attempts to win Blaine back (except for that fixed duet). I would have preferred groundwork on why Kurt would want him back in the first place.

Edited by indeed
  • Love 4

Any time I'm tempted to complain about what's been done to Kurt's character, I look at what's been done to others and thank my lucky stars that the writers have the attention span of gnats and couldn't focus on Kurt long enough to get really destructive.

• Love 3

Oh, my God. Well, we just wrapped it last night and tears were flowing like blood in a red wedding. I wasn’t even expecting it to be so emotional, but it was pretty emotional. You know, it was the first time I had ever wrapped a show. So hearing the series wrap on my name was really interesting.

Source

Hopefully, they wrapped on his name after being told what a great solo performance he gave. Four weeks/five episodes left... Edited by indeed

Hopefully, they wrapped on his name after being told what a great solo performance he gave. Four weeks/five episodes left...

They actually wrapped on

a Will solo. Matt revealed that in an interview the other day.

I would love for Chris to have a solo in the episode, though.

I know what has been said to be the final scene, song, etc., but Chris is talking about his wrapped experience so I'm going by what he himself said.

I think they call "wrap" on all the actors who are in the scene, but I could be mistaken.

• Love 1

Yeah, they call wrap on the actors when they are done shooting their last scene, and it may be several actors involved at once. I'm not holding my breath on any final solo for Kurt in the last hour, alas. The best chance would be, I think,  "2009", which they're packaging as part of the finale, but technically is't not the last episode. We'll see. 

The good news for the Noel movie of Chris is that the director, Joe A Stephens, is a Lea Michele/Kevin Mchale level twitterer which means plenty of BTS tidbits once filming starts.

Still don't know who the rest of the teased cast is going to be.

Edited by caracas1914

There is a Polly Bergen tribute in New York on March 25, 2015 that Chris us going to partipate in.

His film was her last professional role before she passed - that's some legacy to be a part of. Plus, they did seem to be sincerely fond of one another. It's nice that he's being included in this.

They've teased before...hopefully it's just a matter of time. Bryan is a huge, huge Chris fanboy. They've had quite a few sweet and fun twitter exchanges. I remember once someone tweeted Bryan to get Chris to play a serial killer, and he responded, Don't threaten me with a good time!  lol. He's an allcapser on twitter like Dot, it's endearing. 

I love his shows before Hannibal (which I still have to brace up to watch). Dead like Me, Wonderfalls, Pushing Daisies - all fantastic shows; and he wrote the best Heroes episode for my money, Company Man. The man's a real master. 

Edited by fakeempress

"I had just graduated high school in June, and I think I got cast in August. I had no idea how filming something worked, and I had no idea how skinny jeans worked. So it was a very painful education."

— Chris Colfer

Form the Ellen interview.

Still kills me he had ZERO professional experience when Chris got the Glee gig.

He said almost the same exact thing in the EW article.

I've only scene a clip so far (Ellen doesn't air until later today here), but it seems the mystery of Chris' Glee set memento goes on...or at least I didn't hear him chiming in when the others were talking about what they took. Hmm...Kurt's neck kerchief collection perhaps--for his dog?

Sorry, it was the EW article.

it seems the mystery of Chris' Glee set memento goes on...or at least I didn't hear him chiming in when the others were talking about what they took. Hmm..

He should have  taken the stripper pole that he performed on with Adam Lambert.

• Love 2

Ah, yes, he did enjoy that! Good suggestion. Other than some of Kurt's clothes (like the tightest pants) and maybe that hippo pin (or whatever it was), don't know what would be a good souvenir from a Kurt/Chris perspective.

Edited by indeed
(edited)

The double photo of him and Finn in " the quarterback" episode

Finn's Varsity jacket

The Kilt and crown/scepter from " Prom Queen"

Gold pants from " Choke"

Pavarotti bird cage with Burberry cover

Football outfit from "Preggers"

Edited by caracas1914
(edited)

So this is cool, for his 4th book in his series, Little Brown, his publishing company,  is a doing a first run print of 200, 000 hard back copies.   By now IMO  they can pretty much  calibrate the demand for a book/author so that's impressive to see.

The Land of Stories Book 4 (Title TBA) by Chris Colfer (Little, Brown, $18; ISBN 978-0-316-40689-5). 200,000 copies

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

I don't think that would be a huge issue for him to fly to NY for one night. If production for his film is set to start soon, he'll need some time in London to get preliminaries done (like costume fittings and possibly some recording time) as well as settling down and adjusting since he's going to be there for at least a few weeks.

Anywho... still waiting for confirmation.

(edited)

"Do you have a favorite memory of Cory Monteith?

He really was the big brother I never had. I have to say – I hope I don’t get emotional – I always felt so respected by Cory, and I think being a young gay kid, I’ve never really felt respected very much by older straight types, I guess. But with Cory, I think we just respected each other so much and we respected working with each other so much. I think that’s what I’ll always remember – the abundant respect that he gave everyone.
I think that’s why it was such a hard loss. It was so hard to see betrayed when he passed away in his life – that didn’t represent who he was."

Damn.  

Must be those allergies...

One of the things I noticed was that Cory spoke in such glowing terms about Chris and his talent, he seemed liked such a caring, compassionate, nonjudgmental person from everyone who knew him. It must have meant the world to someone like Chris who was mocked and ridiculed.   No wonder Chris lowered his walls to talk about his emotions, so rare for Chris.

More than his talent, I'm also amazed by how articulate Chris is going to the heart of matters.

He didn't toute Klaine as "groundbreaking" as much as that the reactions to the couple were unique with mainstream acceptance. 

Cuts through so much of the posturing bullshit.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Cory and Naya were the two people who went with Chris to his interview with Chelsea Handler, where it was expected that he would be questioned about his sexuality. That really does speak to a level of trust and respect. I've always found it touching.

• Love 1