Type keyword(s) to search

Chris Colfer/Kurt Hummel

Chris will have another live chat (called CC360) tomorrow : link.

CPiPNddWoAAWBqY.jpg

Plus Little Brown Books announced that there will be a 6th TLoS book, and more:

NEW YORK (AP) — Chris Colfer is seeing a long and varied future for his "Land of Stories" fantasy books.

The actor, who played Kurt Hummel on the TV show "Glee," has signed a new multiyear deal for his best-selling series.

Little, Brown Books for Young Readers announced the agreement Tuesday. It will extend "Land of Stories" to a sixth and (presumed) final book, along with a graphic novel and fairy tale collection based on the series. Four books have come out so far.

The sixth book, currently untitled, is scheduled for July 2017, followed in the fall of that year by the graphic novel. The fairy tale book will come out in the fall 2016.

According to Little, Brown, the "Land of Stories" series has sold more than 1 million copies and has been translated into 16 languages.

yahoo.com

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 3

Update on Chris's projects per his periscope chat today:

- is about to shoot the AbFab movie, Jen Saunders has indeed written a part for him (very cool, I'm a big AbFab fan though not all seasons are equally brilliant!)

- Noel still in the works, they're sorting out the "very very last piece of financing" but more actors are attached since the main announcement

- something on TV (didn't say in what capacity, any guess is as good as mine)

- the YA book is called Stranger than Fan Fiction (lol troll) and is about a group of megafans who go on a road trip with their favourite actor. (Could be hilarious and cringeworthy but good-hearted. Will probably be dinged by some as self-indulgent even before it sees the light of day. I'm very curious how it will turn out, I like the caustic side of his humour). 

Hates to announce projects before they're a super done deal, not to jinx them 

Cute mention of Naya, said he sang Girl on Fire in the shower this morning because he was thinking of her.

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

Update on Chris's projects per his periscope chat today:

- is about to shoot the AbFab movie, Jen Saunders has indeed written a part for him (very cool, I'm a big AbFab fan though not all seasons are equally brilliant!)

- Noel still in the works, they're sorting out the "very very last piece of financing" but more actors are attached since the main announcement.

Isn't Stephen Frears one of those other actors for the Noel movie?

Edited by caracas1914

You mean Stephen Fry, Frears is a director. I think Fry was mentioned somewhere at some point, but the Noel director then said something to the effect that the list of names mentioned isn't the most current one which he knows and the press doesn't, so maybe-maybe not.

Edited by fakeempress

McKellen recently said he hasn't read the script yet but is already committed to the movie. Meaning he was most probably attached because of the screenwriter, and because he seems to like the Noel director's debut movie which he has even promoted. He must be aware of the script story though, to agree sight unseen. He said he knew what role he's playing but he's not yet telling.

Edited by fakeempress

Just googled, Jen Saunders said a few days ago the movie starts shooting in "about three weeks." (video)

I don't expect a huge role for Chris in it, but it'll be great fun for him. She's giving cameos to quite a few people, allegedly wants Harry Styles to be in it, has Lulu of course, Emma Bunton, and Kate Moss apparently dies in it. 

Edited by fakeempress

I didn't enjoy the show, but she was definitely the best part. I think Lea has such great comedic timing.

-the YA book is called Stranger than Fan Fiction (lol troll) and is about a group of megafans who go on a road trip with their favourite actor. (Could be hilarious and cringeworthy but good-hearted. Will probably be dinged by some as self-indulgent even before it sees the light of day. I'm very curious how it will turn out, I like the caustic side of his humour).

OH I have no doubt that Chris will incorporate some "meta" into his YA novel , and yes, I hope the biting wit side of Chris is in full force.

It's not a secret that he has nothing but contempt for the asshole tinhatters who ship him with his costar on Glee, so I fully expect him to let it fly under the guise of "fiction." ; )

Edited by caracas1914

Well, these and some other assholes have whined about him "hating his fans" and have played the victims of various perceived wrongs by him long enough, so I can imagine the butthurt when the book comes out, if he uses even 1/100 of what he has had to deal with from them in real life. Not looking forward to that particular sideshow on twitter.  

Edited by fakeempress

According to US Weekly 'Stranger Than Fan Fiction' (oh, the shade and snark will probably be glorious) will be released in the winter of 2017.

Let's hope that by that time he most of the tinhatters and other whining "disappointed fans" who can only seem to find fault and personal insult in every little thing Chris does will have moved on to other interests and celebrities they can harass instead.

Chris being in the AB Fab movie is like 2 fandoms colliding for me: I used to watch that show.

And though we have to wait long for the Noel biopic to finally start (I totally understand Chris' fear of early announcements jinxing a new project) it looks like it will become a good quality movie, considering the people attached that are already announced: writer, director, and actors of course.

According to US Weekly 'Stranger Than Fan Fiction' (oh, the shade and snark will probably be glorious) will be released in the winter of 2017.

Let's hope that by that time he most of the tinhatters and other whining "disappointed fans" who can only seem to find fault and personal insult in every little thing Chris does will have moved on to other interests and celebrities they can harass instead.

That is optimist of you.  But 2+ years after Cory's death Lea get  some much crap for posting a picture of her now BF on IG I doubt the CC tinhatters who are even more intense  will ever stop.

Edited by tom87

Financing delays, especially for independent films that don't have big studios backing them, are nothing too unusual. If Noel was delayed by Chris's commitment to Glee, then the financing that had already been designated for the film gets shifted to other projects. Money just isn't allowed to sit in the bank and wait for it's project. And it does seem that the film has increased in scope from a small indy to one that will be on a somewhat larger scale, which means increased financing needs.

The fact that pretty much all of the actors that were originally named to the film are still committed indicates to me that they have every confidence that the film will be made in the not too distant future. If Chris believed that Noel was stuck in development hell (which does happen), he could have easily found other projects. His sense of commitment to the film indicates to me that things are progressing behind the scenes. It's frustrating to those of us who are looking forward to him moving forward with his career, but he's got AbFab to keep him busy in the interim and we just need to be patient.

Isaac Oliver - Chris's friend whose book Chris promoted and semi-joked he'd like to play him in a movie - is actually working on turning the book into a TV show and shop it to cable. I'm starting a wild spec it may be a candidate for the TV things Chris mumbled about during the periscope, emphasis on wild and don't come for me if it ends up wildly off-base.

It's smart, funny but with pathos, and quite explicit. It's kinda like the gay version of the original SATC book but not so clinically detached, and has the potential to be made into a series, just like the HBO SATC. 

Edited by fakeempress

Chris' picturebook 'The Curvy Tree' (part of 'The Land of Stories' series) has been released today.

To promote that book Chris appeared on the kids' show Sprout. (video)

There also will be an interview with Larry King soon. If you click on the previous link or on this twitter link you can submit questions for Chris.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 1
(edited)

"Hachette Audio The National Parenting Publications Awards have recognized

six audiobooks published by Hachette Audio: five received NAPPA’s Gold designation […] These audio editions are adapted from books available in print and ebook formats"

Included was Chris Colfer's " Land of stories"

Edited by caracas1914

Chris on Larry King Now: link.

Some quotes:

- "Well, I’m playing—as of right now, I believe I’m playing Jennifer Saunders’ hair dresser slash social media consultant."

(on his role in the Ab Fab movie)

- "I might be doing one soon, hopefully. I’ve been talking about it, it’ll be very vocally demanding so I’m terrified about it."

(about Broadway)

- "I keep more in touch with the cast, cast and crew (of Glee), like hair and make-up. I keep in touch with them and a few of the cast members."

(when asked if he keeps in touch with Ryan Murphy, lol) 

Chris also instagrammed a pic of himself with Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley on the Ab Fab movie set: link.

• Love 1

Chris also instagrammed a pic of himself with Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley on the Ab Fab movie set: link.

It's pretty much guaranteed his character won't be the most outrageously dressed in the movie. He'll be like, blending in, lol. 

To lose a parent under any circumstances is extremely painful. To lose a parent when you’re as young as Chris and his sister are is especially cruel.

The rumors had been floating around the internet for a few days now… this was in no way the confirmation that I was hoping to hear.

"Death doesn't discriminate

Between the sinners and the saints,

it takes and it takes and it takes..."

I've had that verse from Hamilton playing in my head far too much the past few months as unfortunately too many of the good ones have been taken recently. Coming here and then reading this is just so sad. How devastating for Chris and his family. Speaking from experience, there is never a good time to lose a parent, but to lose one so young and so unexpectedly really, really sucks.

I'm surprised it wasn't more widely known; this is the first I'd heard of it. I hope the family is given the privacy to grieve.

Edited by Casual Viewing
(edited)

http://chriscolfernews.co

'The On-Sale Calendar: July 2016 Children's Books

July 12, 2016

The Land of Stories Book 5 by Chris Colfer (Little, Brown, $19.99; ISBN 978-0-316-38329-5). 500,000 copies.'

Well that's his first half a million hardback initial book printing. IIRC the previous book in the series had 250K copies printed.

Edited by caracas1914

Chris continues in his quest to make everyone else in the world look lazy and unproductive in comparison.

"Stranger Than Fanfiction" by Chris Colfer is set for release on December 6, 2016

Product details
Format: Paperback | 240 pages
Publication date: 06 Dec 2016
Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
Imprint: ATOM

Language: English
ISBN10: 0349002304
ISBN13: 9780349002309

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Chris Colfer comes a gorgeous, full-color fairy-tale treasury.
Dear Reader, you hold in your hands a very special book that contains more than thirty-five classic fairy tales and nursery rhymes, plus your very own survival guide to the Land of Stories. If you notice the pages glowing, followed by an inviting humming noise, don't be afraid! That is just the book's magic. But whatever you do, don't lean too far into the book. You never know where you might end up.
Enter the world of fairy tales in this stunning illustrated gift book that includes more than thirty-five beloved stories and rhymes retold by #1 New York Times bestselling author Chris Colfer.
This gorgeous, full-color companion book to the Land of Stories series will appeal to new and old fans alike, who will delight in favorite classics such as "Cinderella," "Sleeping Beauty," "Little Red Riding Hood," "Jack and the Beanstalk," and more. Here is the beloved fairy-tale treasury that Alex and Conner fall into in The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell—a beautifully designed addition to the series, and the magical book that started it all!

Enter the world of fairy tales in this stunning illustrated gift book that includes more than thirty-five beloved stories and rhymes retold by #1 New York Times bestselling author Chris Colfer.
This gorgeous, full-color companion book to the Land of Stories series will appeal to new and old fans alike, who will delight in favorite classics such as "Cinderella," "Sleeping Beauty," "Little Red Riding Hood," "Jack and the Beanstalk," and more. Here is the beloved fairy-tale treasury that Alex and Conner fall into in The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell—a beautifully designed addition to the series, and the magical book that started it all!

Three books on top of filming SMLB (if there are no more production delays)... I don't know when this boy finds time to sleep, let alone handle everything that he's had to deal with the past few months.

Luckily I think that Chris likely finished his books before his family tragedy. I believe they where announced during Glee s6 filming? so over a year ago and he was able to concentrate pretty much full time on writing post Glee.

Edited by Pink ranger

Announcing future writing projects doesn't necessarily mean they are already done. We do know he has books lined up until at least 2020 with his publisher.

Maybe the LOS- 5,was near completion by the beginning of the year, but I doubt the YA novel which is to be released in Dec was already at the editors desk.

(edited)

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Chris Colfer comes a funny, heartbreaking, unforgettable novel about friendship and fame.

Cash Carter is the young, world famous lead actor of the hit television Wiz Kids. When four fans jokingly invite him on a cross-country road trip, they are shocked that he actually takes them up on it. Chased by paparazzi and hounded by reporters, this unlikely crew takes off on a journey of a lifetime–but along the way they discover that the star they love has deep secrets he’s been keeping. What they come to learn about the life of the mysterious person they thought they knew will teach them about the power of empathy and the unbreakable bond of true friendship.

In this touching novel, #1 New York Times bestselling author Chris Colfer takes us on a journey full of laughter, tears, and life-changing memories.

Edited by caracas1914
(edited)

http://68.media.tumblr.com/0afc9f64893d35f16c8191f1e5a11ad9/tumblr_ou5p8yXvQ41u88r6co1_500.png

So at the age of 27, Chris has written (so far) 8 novels (Land of Stories Series (6), Stranger than Fan Fiction, Struck by Lightning) along with at least 3 picture books/auxiliary books.  His books (7 so far)  have an accumulated total of 46 weeks on the NY Times best seller lists (36 as a series, and 10 as stand alone novels), and have been published in 20 languages.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3

I forgot to post Chris  new book deal finalized last year:

http://ew.com/books/2017/11/22/chris-colfer-new-book-deal/

The Golden Globe-winning actor and writer, whose The Land of Stories children’s series has spent 48 weeks on the New York Times best-seller list, has entered into an agreement in which he’ll write an ultimate insider’s guide to his beloved Land of Stories, as well as develop and scribe two novels in a brand new series. The latter project will be a companion to The Land of Stories, featuring fan-favorite characters while also introducing new ones.

• Love 1