Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Christina said:

I think the Strive people contacted Janelle and asked her to be the public face. There is a lot going on with that website and I don't believe she writes those articles. 

I said the same thing from the get-go.  Especially after going to that lame strive "kickoff event"   last fall.  Lame is too kind, really.

Great minds on PTV think alike.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I thought the wives got the same amount of money. If that money wasn't from being on the show, then where did the money come from for their equal budgets? 

They get the same amount. Or they did at one time. It was a major source of discord for the women. 

(but for polygamy to work you need to keep the womenfolk distracted and split). 

2 hours ago, toodles said:

I said the same thing from the get-go.  Especially after going to that lame strive "kickoff event"   last fall.  Lame is too kind, really.

Great minds on PTV think alike.

oh I think this is a Brown idea.  Who would ask Janelle to be the public face?  she's been doing this for what 6 months now and hasn't lost a pound.

I think the Browns and producers are always trying to think of plot devices.  Those trainers might be good, and they're photogenic, but they really aren't known, maybe at their own gyms or within Vegas but anyway.  I can just see the producers or Kody/Janelle reach out to the trainers and offering them free exposure. NO ONE is making money on Strive.  The trainers are probably hoping for a lot of exposure on the show. 

Here is how I remember the money being discussed: Back in Lehi, Kody and Janelle were the primary breadwinners and they paid the bills. The first season of six(?) episode only paid them $5000 total, and that probably went into the back account controlled by Kody and Janelle. The next time money was discussed in any detail was when they moved to Las Vegas. Janelle said she cashed her retirement for the move, and once they got there, Meri was insisting on a more expensive house about a mile away from the others. Kody thought she should move into the house next to Robyn because it was a lot cheaper, and Janelle went on about their "finite resources" resulting in Meri saying, "I'm sorry I took something you thought was yours..."

When they go to build the houses, they all had the exact same budget, and Meri went over, of course. During one of the question and answer shows, a question about the finances was asked and they said they split the money by wife, not kid. I don't remember them saying they split it equally, but think that they did because we couldn't figure out how Kody gave Christine some of his money when she needed it. We couldn't figure out where his money came from if they split it amongst the wives. Then, during the "Mariah wants to go to Westminster" family meeting they discussed how to allocate money for college because Aspyn was going to UNV and Logan was already there. Meri was expecting that some of her money would have to pay for it. 

There were other reasons we had discussions about it not being split evenly, but I don't remember them now. It's possible that all five get equal split or JO could have been passing on correct information. The only reason I lean more toward JO being correct is because it was specific to the breakdown, and Janelle got the most. I wouldn't bet on either being true, though. The Browns and JO are all liars.

On Strive, I don't think the Browns are smart enough to think through that mess. Janelle is not writing those blogs, I don't think she reached out to the other trainers, and even with the seminar being live streamed with a cell phone as opposed to an actual camera crew, I don't see the Browns knowing how to live stream anything. The entire thing screams SCAM. I don't care what that article says, she doesn't have a large amount of paid subscribers for that crap. I don't know who is behind it, but it's shady as hell and I just can't see the Browns pulling it off. Someone is running money through Strive and making it look like they are subscriptions, but the Browns figure that out either. 

• Love 2
On 3/30/2017 at 8:42 AM, tabloidlover said:

Sooooo ummm.   Couple things.  Why does her ground beef say "not for sale" and is her big tip for spicing up dinner merely adding taco seasoning to the ground beef?

I'm new to the show; never heard of it until I was searching for something to watch a couple of weeks ago since I'd caught up with my favs and needed some mindless time.  I've being reading the posts and the pic of Janelle's ground beef had me howling!  Sorry that I'm bringing back an old topic but I couldn't resist.  Back-in-the-day there was such a thing as "government cheese" and other staples that low income families could get from food pantries.  Janelle's chubs of meat reminded me of what I saw in friends' houses when I was in grade school.  Back then, and growing up middle class, I didn't understand what "government cheese" meant.  Maybe she did get the ground beef from a butcher, but I doubt it! IJS while LMAO!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Christina said:

Back when psycho JO was still commenting as Sam's friend and/or employee, but not as Lindsay, she answered the payment split on All About the Tea. Since I have no idea how to find that comment again, and my firewall and virus scanner hate AATT because they have some code on their site so you cannot copy their grammatically and poorly written articles making it not worth it to go and try searching, the following is from memory.

I noticed that about All About The Tea. It's such a stupid tactic, anyway. All you have to do is go there with a browser that doesn't have Javascript enabled and boom! No more annoying right-click pop-up. Firefox has a browser extension that lets you turn off Javascript browser-wide, and then you can turn it back on when you want. I use it at home and at work. Alternatively, there is NoScript for Firefox, too, which doesn't have a simple button, and instead lets you white-list particular domains. It will show you all the domains running Javascript on a page (Javascript for advertisements come from domains that are external to the site you're actually browsing). All About The Tea's site pisses me off because there are legitimate uses for right-click that don't involve copying their content. And, besides which, the mere fact you've loaded their site means you've copied their content onto your computer. Sure, it's not a permanent thing by default, but if you know where to look, you can grab things from cache and make them permanent. And if you really want their content, it doesn't require a right-click to get it; just Ctrl-A & Ctrl-C (in the browser), then Ctrl-V (into a text/document editor) and you're done.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, browndiva said:

I'm new to the show; never heard of it until I was searching for something to watch a couple of weeks ago since I'd caught up with my favs and needed some mindless time.  I've being reading the posts and the pic of Janelle's ground beef had me howling!  Sorry that I'm bringing back an old topic but I couldn't resist.  Back-in-the-day there was such a thing as "government cheese" and other staples that low income families could get from food pantries.  Janelle's chubs of meat reminded me of what I saw in friends' houses when I was in grade school.  Back then, and growing up middle class, I didn't understand what "government cheese" meant.  Maybe she did get the ground beef from a butcher, but I doubt it! IJS while LMAO!

Now that I have read JO's/Sam's info on the money (if its accurate) I would believe they are getting food bank food.  They have a ton of kids, high mortgages, are lazy and not a high income once its all split.  Plus lets be real here, most of us could live on their income or less but they aren't real smart or thrifty.  All I know is it would take a MUCH higher payday for the Natalie's to be on a reality show.  We would not make riveting tv though.  Unless you find middle aged people sitting around in our pj's watching other bad reality shows riveting.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don't know about Nevada, but around here food pantries work on the honor system. There's a form to fill out, but that's as far as it goes.

For SNAP (food stamps) these are the income guidelines for Nevada

https://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/1585

If you go by the numbers on page 17 where it says they get paid as a unit 225,000-275,000, use the lower number and divide by 5, some of their households may qualify for SNAP depending on how many live in each household.  

• Love 1

@ginger90 Is that supposed to be some kind of potatoes au gratin? I think there might be something like spinach in it. I really can't tell what the darker parts are; they look green to me and spinach is the only thing I can imagine putting in a dish like that. And with as much of it as she cooked, I'm thinking that's the main course and not a side dish. Overall, no - not appetizing.

22 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Now that I have read JO's/Sam's info on the money (if its accurate) I would believe they are getting food bank food.  They have a ton of kids, high mortgages, are lazy and not a high income once its all split.  Plus lets be real here, most of us could live on their income or less but they aren't real smart or thrifty.  All I know is it would take a MUCH higher payday for the Natalie's to be on a reality show.  We would not make riveting tv though.  Unless you find middle aged people sitting around in our pj's watching other bad reality shows riveting.

I've been reading these posts about their income and I have to weigh in. First, there is no credible information anywhere about what they earn from TLC or any of their other business ventures. The Browns have other business ventures plus they get freebies, for instance, the furniture when they went 'shopping' when they first got to Las Vegas. If something is on the show, they don't pay for it, like all the trips they've taken and the weddings. I think they make way more than $300K a year, especially after all this time. They are one of the most popular shows on TLC right now. Also remember, they wrote a book - they got paid something for that. Plus when they bought those homes, we know all that credit stuff was BS. None of them could afford those homes based on their credit. All of them filed for bankruptcy at one time, even Janelle I think. There is no record of a mortgage on any of the homes. I think TLC paid for the homes and they're paying them back and they used the money from the book for a down payment or the house or part of the cost was paid as a bonus?? The book happened right before they bought the houses. Anyway, the bottom line is they are rich. They're not collecting state benefits. They might not be millionaires, but the way they don't spend money, they have a lot squirreled away. We know Robyn is the only one who buys clothes. ;) No one knows, but if you read between the lines of how they live their lives, they're doing pretty well. That's even with all the kids in college. Because most of them have help paying their tuition, even Mariah.

Edited by cinles
Left out information
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

@ginger90 Is that supposed to be some kind of potatoes au gratin? I think there might be something like spinach in it. I really can't tell what the darker parts are; they look green to me and spinach is the only thing I can imagine putting in a dish like that. And with as much of it as she cooked, I'm thinking that's the main course and not a side dish. Overall, no - not appetizing.

Parsnip Kale Gratin - she served it with Veggies & Turkey Quinoa meatloaf.

• Love 2

I don't see them being rich either. Even if TLC or the builder picked up the mortgages, they still have the upkeep of those homes and their lives (utilities, cell phones, insurance for homes, cars and a zillion people, food, gas, clothes, etc.), they all travel off of the show (Disneyland anyone?), they buy an incredible amount of tchotchkes for their homes, any freebies they get they have to pay taxes on, and they have kids in school and college. They lost the home in Utah to a short sale. We haven't seen any proof that their other businesses (Green Goo MLM and jool'ry scam) are profitable enough to allow them to bank money. Someone waaay back in one of the threads here or on TWoP did an analysis of the book sales and they really didn't make squat from that. I think they are just barely keeping their heads above water, living on the TLC money and credit cards (that is the Brown was, as proven in the bankruptcy records). If they were rich or even financially comfortable, I can guarantee that not one of the adults would be trying to work at any of the shill "jobs" they have right now. The Browns are lazy-ass grifters and if they could get by solely on TLC money they would.

• Love 5

I don't get why she didn't just do the vegetables and meat loaf. The quinoa isn't a bad choice and depending on how the vegetables were prepared and if she left the ranch dressing in the fridge..............lol!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

I don't see them being rich either. Even if TLC or the builder picked up the mortgages, they still have the upkeep of those homes and their lives (utilities, cell phones, insurance for homes, cars and a zillion people, food, gas, clothes, etc.), they all travel off of the show (Disneyland anyone?), they buy an incredible amount of tchotchkes for their homes, any freebies they get they have to pay taxes on, and they have kids in school and college. They lost the home in Utah to a short sale. We haven't seen any proof that their other businesses (Green Goo MLM and jool'ry scam) are profitable enough to allow them to bank money. Someone waaay back in one of the threads here or on TWoP did an analysis of the book sales and they really didn't make squat from that. I think they are just barely keeping their heads above water, living on the TLC money and credit cards (that is the Brown was, as proven in the bankruptcy records). If they were rich or even financially comfortable, I can guarantee that not one of the adults would be trying to work at any of the shill "jobs" they have right now. The Browns are lazy-ass grifters and if they could get by solely on TLC money they would.

They have mortgage holders of record on the Clark County website.  I used to do real estate banking and I didn't recognize any of the lenders.  There were a couple of different lenders listed.  This is only my opinion, but I think they went "hard money" on the loans.  Hard money means they went to lenders that specialize in high risk clients and charge up the nose for it.  Hard money is meant to be refinanced in to a different loan once the borrower can qualify for a better type of loan.  I read somewhere (so don't quote me because I don't remember where I read it) that that they have adjustable rate  mortgages that adjusted and their payments went up $700 per month.  

My opinion is that they are on the hook for those houses.  TLC or the builder would be listed under some sort of subsidiary name as the property owner if they owned the houses.  The Browns are listed as lien holders.  I think they are barely keeping their heads above water too.  These goofy little business they have cannot generate enough money to keep four McMansions afloat, let alone support that ginormous family.  STRIVE is so ill conceived with so little thought put in to it.  Meri must be up to her eyeballs in debt with that LLR junk and the same with MSWC.  The only real source of income they have is TLC.  As I've said before, it's a temp job at best.  Another reason to go hard money.  The listed lenders could be TLC or the builder but why would would they want to be stuck with four beat up houses when the circus tent folds.

Janelle with her stupid contests and gross looking food?  Why anyone would shell out money to join this "activity" is just beyond me.  I'm going to stop because we've beat this horse to death.   Carry on.

• Love 8

People who "are rich" are not likely to have the liens and fines against them these folks have had.  Janelle had a lien for not paying for trash pick-up.  Robyn had a lien for a hospital bill for one of her kids.  One of the older kids got stopped for speeding, and was fined for having no car insurance.

They aren't rich, and they aren't very smart with the money they do have.  

• Love 15

Meri posted on her LLR page a couple days ago that she just got in six boxes of inventory.  She has an album sale going on now, 11+ hours in and she's sold ONE of 45 shirts.

5 hours ago, toodles said:

I think they are barely keeping their heads above water too.  These goofy little business they have cannot generate enough money to keep four McMansions afloat, let alone support that ginormous family.  STRIVE is so ill conceived with so little thought put in to it.  Meri must be up to her eyeballs in debt with that LLR junk and the same with MSWC.  The only real source of income they have is TLC.  As I've said before, it's a temp job at best.  Another reason to go hard money.  The listed lenders could be TLC or the builder but why would would they want to be stuck with four beat up houses when the circus tent folds.

Janelle with her stupid contests and gross looking food?  Why anyone would shell out money to join this "activity" is just beyond me.  I'm going to stop because we've beat this horse to death.   Carry on.

That's why I think Strive is something that Kody and Janelle cooked up.  It's their old Fundamental Fitness idea from 2011, pulled out of the freezer, defrosted, and re-heated.  Only with this version, there's no need to lease a building for a physical gym.  It's a blend of Fundamental Fitness and MSWC.  And doomed to the same failure.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, toodles said:

They have mortgage holders of record on the Clark County website.  I used to do real estate banking and I didn't recognize any of the lenders.  There were a couple of different lenders listed.  This is only my opinion, but I think they went "hard money" on the loans.  Hard money means they went to lenders that specialize in high risk clients and charge up the nose for it.  Hard money is meant to be refinanced in to a different loan once the borrower can qualify for a better type of loan.  I read somewhere (so don't quote me because I don't remember where I read it) that that they have adjustable rate  mortgages that adjusted and their payments went up $700 per month.  

My opinion is that they are on the hook for those houses.  TLC or the builder would be listed under some sort of subsidiary name as the property owner if they owned the houses.  The Browns are listed as lien holders.  I think they are barely keeping their heads above water too.  These goofy little business they have cannot generate enough money to keep four McMansions afloat, let alone support that ginormous family.  STRIVE is so ill conceived with so little thought put in to it.  Meri must be up to her eyeballs in debt with that LLR junk and the same with MSWC.  The only real source of income they have is TLC.  As I've said before, it's a temp job at best.  Another reason to go hard money.  The listed lenders could be TLC or the builder but why would would they want to be stuck with four beat up houses when the circus tent folds.

I've never seen a lien holder on a county tax appraiser website. If you have the link to show who the lienholder is on the Brown houses, I'd like to see it. None of us know what is really going on, but for instance, the company LIV which they have worked with long before the show probably brings them some decent income. They gave Kody a sports car a couple years ago - the little white one. There isn't any credible information about their financial condition. How could anyone find out about the type of mortgage payments they have? Why would they have an adjustable rate mortgage? When they bought those houses, interest rates were at their lowest. Same thing with a short sale on the Lehi house. They lived there for a long time & when they sold it last year real estate had started to turn up. I would like to see proof of that too. Before the show the Browns lived OK - they managed to get by with help, paycheck to paycheck,  but they're doing more than 'getting by' now. As far as the book, that's another thing no one can know. People get paid an advance for a book and sometimes that's all they get paid. Sometimes they get a percentage of sales. Another area they might have gotten income is for the SW episodes - they used to be sold on Amazon. You couldn't find a Sister Wives repeat anywhere unless you paid for it. But they don't do that anymore. Kody Brown is not stupid and he can rant on about the reason for this show was for people to see how 'normal' polygamists are, but it was for the money and they have made it. It's the details where you can figure things out. For instance, Mariah has made 2 trips to Europe that I know of which wasn't on the show, so they paid for it. People who are barely hanging on whose daughter goes to an outrageously expensive college can't afford to send their kid to Europe and Robyn paid for that trip to Hawaii when she and Kody went out of her 'household money'. That was hilarious. Plus not everything online is true - you have to evaluate what makes sense.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, cinles said:

Another area they might have gotten income is for the SW episodes - they used to be sold on Amazon. You couldn't find a Sister Wives repeat anywhere unless you paid for it.

That was money that went to TLC not the Browns.  TLC owns the show.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, cinles said:

Why would they have an adjustable rate mortgage?

Because when your credit is in the toilet, that's the only kind of mortgage you can get. Why do you think so many people were made homeless during 2008 and 2009? It's because they had bad credit to begin with and so could only get an ARM, then interest rates went up causing their ARM payments to go up to unaffordable amounts, in turn causing defaults and evictions. Really, this isn't that hard.

And we know the Browns' credit scores are in the crapper because they had to go get help to bring them up enough to get loans to buy the houses.

Another area they might have gotten income is for the SW episodes - they used to be sold on Amazon. 

I can't imagine that anyone, including TLC, would pay royalties for a reality TV show. That's one reason reality TV shows are so cheap to produce: You pay the principals for their participation in the episode and you collect all the monies from sales of DVD's. After all, TLC owns the show - not the Browns.

Robyn paid for that trip to Hawaii when she and Kody went out of her 'household money'.

And where do you think her "household money" comes from? It sure as hell isn't My Sisterwife's Closet! No, it's the money they make from doing the show that she managed to save from the share that she gets to keep her household going.

1 minute ago, lma said:

Well people live beyond their means all the time. A guy once told me that some people look like a million bucks but there's no food in the refrigerator at home. Deep thoughts ...

This is true. We did this for several years in the early 2000's. Our income changed and I was unable to force myself and my wife to make the hard choices that needed to be made. We managed to do it for about 5 years without anyone knowing anything, until finally the wheels came off and we had to move in with relatives.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, cinles said:

Before the show the Browns lived OK

Before the show, they lived on credit cards. The three bankruptcy documents online showed they racked up tens of thousands of dollars of debt to many different credit cards. If I remember correctly (through my migraine headache today) there was one debt of of $83,000 on one bankruptcy, maybe Meri's? They also lived in small homes or trailers for the majority of their lives, until Janelle bought the plyg house in Lehi (they lived there for five years). Racking up tens of thousands of dollars of debt while in those small homes, with fewer, younger kids at that time, is impressive. Fast forward to TLC times. They are BLOWING through their money with all the cars they buy, multiple trips to Disneyland, Europe, Hawaii, LuLaCrap-related jaunts, eating out (twitter posts), etc. The only way an MLM works is if they buckle down and get folks to sign up under them to make money FOR them. There hasn't been any sign that the Browns are still active (or have been active for a long time) in the Green Goo business. The last time we heard about a party was when Meri had one at her house and "Lindsey" showed up to sign "Sam Cooper" up......

Yes, they have made money off of TLC for the shows they have filmed. Those familiar with reality show practices have estimated they make around $20,000 per episode, so they have made some nice money over the years. It has allowed them to live in some nice McMansions for a few years, have some nice toys, visit places they wouldn't have seen before, send their kids to college and have a bit of notoriety. I would imagine they are still living on credit cards. Unfortunately they are born-grifters and don't have the smarts to save much, if any, of that money, and will go back to their old ways once the gravy train dries up. It's the plyg way. Believe me, I know.

• Love 11

Let's even compare the quality of the trips that have been shown on episodes . . . those are the ones that TLC helps pay for.  Gosselins got a trip to Hawaii for a faux vow-renewal at a nice resort.  Roloffs got a trip to another nice resort with things like ziplining included.  Browns got a trip to a low-dollar "retreat center" with a "luau" consisting of a pig and side dishes and one ukelele player.  

Gosselins and Roloffs may have kicked in some of their own money to upgrade the experience.  Browns HAVE no money for upgrades.  And Kody was visibly not happy with their accommodations and entertainment.  

All of those trips to Disneyland are out of their own pockets . . . and there sure appears to be a lot of trips, especially for Meri and Mariah.  Disney has gone on record as saying they do not want to be featured on this show.  

• Love 10

You guys apparently don't like the Browns. I wasn't passing judgment -  just stating facts I know. There are a ton of things we don't know - we have no idea how involved they are with LIV plus it appears someone else is running MSWC these days, but it's still up and running, so there might be a profit there. There's something else - with the Brown's, it's the pluses and the minuses as far their bottom line. On April 15th they have a lot of deductions. But I don't dislike them - I have opinions about some of them, but I'm not that negative. I think they're all smart, but obviously with individual baggage, but that's what makes the show interesting to me. Plus the parents can't be too stupid to have all their kids be so smart, even Mykelti. Actually, Mykelti is smart. Now there is someone with bad judgment.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, cinles said:

You guys apparently don't like the Browns. I wasn't passing judgment -  just stating facts I know. There are a ton of things we don't know - we have no idea how involved they are with LIV plus it appears someone else is running MSWC these days, but it's still up and running, so there might be a profit there. There's something else - with the Brown's, it's the pluses and the minuses as far their bottom line. On April 15th they have a lot of deductions. But I don't dislike them - I have opinions about some of them, but I'm not that negative. I think they're all smart, but obviously with individual baggage, but that's what makes the show interesting to me. Plus the parents can't be too stupid to have all their kids be so smart, even Mykelti. Actually, Mykelti is smart. Now there is someone with bad judgment.

Welcome to the Previously.tv forums, Mykelti!

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, cinles said:

I've never seen a lien holder on a county tax appraiser website. If you have the link to show who the lienholder is on the Brown houses, I'd like to see it. None of us know what is really going on, but for instance, the company LIV which they have worked with long before the show probably brings them some decent income. They gave Kody a sports car a couple years ago - the little white one. There isn't any credible information about their financial condition. How could anyone find out about the type of mortgage payments they have? Why would they have an adjustable rate mortgage? When they bought those houses, interest rates were at their lowest. Same thing with a short sale on the Lehi house. They lived there for a long time & when they sold it last year real estate had started to turn up. I would like to see proof of that too. Before the show the Browns lived OK - they managed to get by with help, paycheck to paycheck,  but they're doing more than 'getting by' now. As far as the book, that's another thing no one can know. People get paid an advance for a book and sometimes that's all they get paid. Sometimes they get a percentage of sales. Another area they might have gotten income is for the SW episodes - they used to be sold on Amazon. You couldn't find a Sister Wives repeat anywhere unless you paid for it. But they don't do that anymore. Kody Brown is not stupid and he can rant on about the reason for this show was for people to see how 'normal' polygamists are, but it was for the money and they have made it. It's the details where you can figure things out. For instance, Mariah has made 2 trips to Europe that I know of which wasn't on the show, so they paid for it. People who are barely hanging on whose daughter goes to an outrageously expensive college can't afford to send their kid to Europe and Robyn paid for that trip to Hawaii when she and Kody went out of her 'household money'. That was hilarious. Plus not everything online is true - you have to evaluate what makes sense.

You need to check the Clark County recorder website if you want to check.  It's public record.  The LIV car is bronze or brownish.  I live in Vegas in the Brown area and I've seen it myself when I'm out and about.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, cinles said:

I wasn't passing judgment -  just stating facts I know. There are a ton of things we don't know - we have no idea how involved they are with LIV plus it appears someone else is running MSWC these days, but it's still up and running, so there might be a profit there. There's something else - with the Brown's, it's the pluses and the minuses as far their bottom line. On April 15th they have a lot of deductions. But I don't dislike them - I have opinions about some of them, but I'm not that negative. I think they're all smart, but obviously with individual baggage, but that's what makes the show interesting to me. Plus the parents can't be too stupid to have all their kids be so smart, even Mykelti. Actually, Mykelti is smart. Now there is someone with bad judgment.

But you say you're stating facts you know . . . and then proceed to acknowledge what "we (including you) have no idea" of.  Most of us on this board have been following this show since its inception, and have seen with our own eyes records that back up what we've said.  There are business people here who are familiar with MLM programs (green goo, LulaRoe) and how they take advantage of the people who are conned into joining up.  Anyone who has ever been to a professional business presentation with potential investors recognize what a joke their presentation was to the actors and actresses (again:  FACT) who pretended to be the venture capitalists in one of the episodes.  If they weren't fake, why was the money never released, or why was it never addressed on the show?  

There are SO MANY facts that can be checked out, and most of what the Browns say is untrue.  That's why some of us sound negative . . . because these people are running a scam, and we don't like being scammed.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

But you say you're stating facts you know . . . and then proceed to acknowledge what "we (including you) have no idea" of.  Most of us on this board have been following this show since its inception, and have seen with our own eyes records that back up what we've said.  There are business people here who are familiar with MLM programs (green goo, LulaRoe) and how they take advantage of the people who are conned into joining up.  Anyone who has ever been to a professional business presentation with potential investors recognize what a joke their presentation was to the actors and actresses (again:  FACT) who pretended to be the venture capitalists in one of the episodes.  If they weren't fake, why was the money never released, or why was it never addressed on the show?  

There are SO MANY facts that can be checked out, and most of what the Browns say is untrue.  That's why some of us sound negative . . . because these people are running a scam, and we don't like being scammed.

People involved in MLM generally don't have 2 pennies to rub together and those with coin would not get involved in such schemes.  The people who seem to be the least able to afford the loss of $ when it fails seem to get involved with it.  That is why most of them do not have a long shelf life.  I am guessing they do it for the business tax write off for losses.  They also didn't sound very intelligent when they were meeting with MSWC potential investors.  They seemed out of their element.  On a HW thread a long time ago (maybe it was TWOP) a person in publishing spoke about the money earned for vanity books that the reality tv peeps seem to do and they do not make that much money.  I can't remember the amount but it was lower than I thought it was going to be.  Whatever they make also has to be divided by at least 5.  

• Love 8
11 hours ago, cinles said:

Your posting history is an interesting read.  Welcome to PTV.

Kody Brown is not stupid

Yes, he is.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 6

I DON'T like the Browns, DON'T watch the show any longer, but have read the public records related to them. Mortgage holders and liens are all public record everywhere, their bankruptcies are public record, Christine filed after the first season of the show giving us more information on their finances, they didn't start LiV until after the move to Las Vegas, but had a different thing going on in Lehi, and someone who attended a pitch at Meri's posted either here or on the old Sister Wives Blog about it, how many attended, and how many signed up (none if I recall correctly, but there was more than just that one meet up and the catfisher signed up at another). The number of books they sold is public record, and as was said above, someone explained the numbers to us.

We actually DO know a lot about their finances, because they are such poor money managers their income winds up becoming public. How much they are paid by TLC has been determined based on released information for other shows. Jon & Kate's amount was released at one point and the Duggars on another. I seriously doubt that they make $300k per season when the Duggars, who had been on for much, much longer didn't make that much. We also know how much they spend because they constantly post it. If TLC sends them somewhere, the production company covers it, but some of the family spends their summers at Disney, on their dime.

I'd like to point out that my dislike of the Brown adults is not because of their religion or polygamy, but because I think they are lying liars who lie at the same time that they are expecting the fans to support them. It has been widely reported on the internet, not just here, but the Sister Wives Facebook Page and other chats, that Kody has been very rude to fans who try and say hello to him. Robyn rented a Post Office Box so that fans could send baby gifts for Solomon after decrying how her older kids didn't even have cribs, only later saying how she believed in having the kids in bed with her for the first few years. Taking gifts from fans while snubbing them in person, cutting in line at the bank because you think you're better, insulting a customer who purchased jewelry at a trade show (she was very upset when she saw the episode) are just a few of the reason I don't like the adults.

I don't get to run up my credit cards and just walk away, and take offense that the Browns do. Life happens sometimes, people lose their jobs, get ill and have medical bills, need home repairs, etc., and I don't fault people in general for finding themselves needing to file bankruptcy. The Browns, however, seemed to plan it as part of their financial plans, with one wife filing this year, another two years later, etc. Janelle could have hitched herself to Weight Watchers or Nutrisystems and been paid to lose weight, but instead she is doing Strive. Robyn was shut down by the investors at that meeting, because they were local actors and actresses (which was proven); MSWC could not get a true investor. Meri is going from one Multi-Level Marketing Scam to another. Kody is doing something with gun shows but I don't know his ownership interest in that business. It hasn't been on the show, I know it from the live tweets while the show airs, which I follow even though I don't watch.

The fake adoption story is absolutely disgusting and it was obvious that it wasn't real from the get go because that is not how it works. The kids seemed shocked and hurt when Robyn and Kody told them, and I actually thought Robyn was going to back off because she seemed like she wasn't into it when push came to shove.  I remember watching that part because someone posted about it here. The Browns like to say they do one thing while doing another and that gets frustrating to watch. 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

OK. I read this. She is so damned ignorant that she doesn't even recognize what she doesn't know - even when it's spoon-fed to her in plain English!

First, let's take this quote from her post:

Should any food really be demonized?

If your goal is simply to eat tasty meals without worrying about how those meals impact your weight loss goals, then the answer is "no". However, if you're looking to shed fat (whether as part of an overall weight loss program or because you're trying to get "cut" for a fitness competition), then there are foods you either don't eat or eat very, very little of. White rice is among those foods that you minimize or entirely avoid when you're looking to shed fat. Even when you're not trying to shed fat, you should be minimizing your intake of white rice. And that's not just because it's a carbohydrate, but because it's a tremendously quickly metabolized carbohydrate with little nutritional value. When we look at the pictures Janelle shared of meals that included white rice, those meals were definitely not minimizing the amount of white rice consumed! Based on the pictures, white rice constituted a majority of the calories consumed in the meal.

Next, we've got this little gem:

In our carb-phobic society

The reason people are "carb-phobic" is because most of the carbohydrates people consume are from highly processed foods, such as white bread, potato chips, and breakfast cereals (among many others). Basically, you want to skip stuff that has refined grains in it because the bran and the germ are the nutritious part and those are missing from refined grains.

And I love this one:

Will having a little bit of rice at dinner help you avoid the cookies two hours later?

Once again, Janelle's definition of "a little bit" is vastly different from normal people's definition of "a little bit". I have "a little bit" of spaghetti noodles when I have spaghetti, and it's actually, truly "a little bit" - roughly 20 noodles! And certainly nowhere near the majority of the food I'm eating at that meal!

I love this quote! This one might be my favorite:

Vegetables should be front and center of any meal.

In all those pictures of her meals, vegetables weren't exactly "front and center". And even in the ones where you could argue they were, she had the fat-laden ranch dressing on hand to ensure she'd wipe out any gains she was making by having vegetables! Most of her meals, though, were large portions of non-vegetable foods - like that roadkill-looking meatloaf and the "stir fry", which was almost entirely white rice. I suspect she thinks that white rice becomes brown rice once you cook it in a pan because I never saw any pictures of meals that included actual brown rice.

Or maybe cutting carbs and upping fat content counteracts your food cravings.

Maybe, but here again you have to watch the kinds of fats you're consuming. And even if you're eating "the right fats", you still have to moderate your intake. Plus, fat has a much higher calorie count than protein or even carbohydrates. And you what else helps control your food cravings? Eating foods that keep you full for a while, which means high fiber and high protein. And while fiber is a carbohydrate, it's slowly metabolized and won't spike your blood sugar like white rice and refined grain foods. Also, simply not denying yourself the ability to eat foods while at the same time moderating the amounts of those foods you eat. Here's are some examples...

I quit eating candy because my wife and I put out a candy dish about 12 years ago. We kept that sucker full and just let ourselves eat as much candy as we wanted to eat. After two weeks of bingeing on candy, we both just stopped eating it. After that, we continued to keep it full, but it would just gather dust. And we would refresh the candy whenever we were going to have company.

And when I started hitting the gym to lose weight, I only allowed myself to eat fast food on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday until dinner (not including dinner). My wife followed suit. And we discovered that you don't really miss those things after a couple of weeks. We eventually made it a Saturday "event" where I'd wash and wax my Camaro in the morning (because I washed and waxed that car every Saturday from May to October anyway), and then we'd go out for a drive and grab something out; that "something" usually ended up being from a locally-owned diner/restaurant rather than Wendy's/McD's/BK/etc.

Oh, and if you're reading this Janelle, the other thing that helps with achieving your weight loss goals (and, later, weight maintenance goals) is building muscle. That just cannot be said often enough. Build muscle. It'll help with weight loss/maintenance goals and it also helps fight osteoporosis (among other benefits).

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Your posting history is an interesting read.  Welcome to PTV.

Yes, he is.

Re:  Kody Brown is not stupid.  He may not be stupid, but he is sly, underhanded and a famewhore grifter through and through.  Plus he is an asshat.  You go, Janelle.  What a catch.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, toodles said:

Re:  Kody Brown is not stupid.  He may not be stupid, but he is sly, underhanded and a famewhore grifter through and through.  Plus he is an asshat.  You go, Janelle.  What a catch.

I think Kody IS a very stupid asshat.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I think Kody IS a very stupid asshat.

Anybody who stands on the top rung of a tall ladder while trying to hook together multiple strands of Christmas lights, outside and on an asphalt surface with nothing underneath to break his fall . . . yep, that person IS stupid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Anybody who stands on the top rung of a tall ladder while trying to hook together multiple strands of Christmas lights, outside and on an asphalt surface with nothing underneath to break his fall . . . yep, that person IS stupid.

EMTs en route to a head injury wondering, "What is the mechanism of injury?"

"Kody Brown was hanging Christmas lights."

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Before the show, they lived on credit cards. The three bankruptcy documents online showed they racked up tens of thousands of dollars of debt to many different credit cards. If I remember correctly (through my migraine headache today) there was one debt of of $83,000 on one bankruptcy, maybe Meri's? They also lived in small homes or trailers for the majority of their lives, until Janelle bought the plyg house in Lehi (they lived there for five years). Racking up tens of thousands of dollars of debt while in those small homes, with fewer, younger kids at that time, is impressive. Fast forward to TLC times. They are BLOWING through their money with all the cars they buy, multiple trips to Disneyland, Europe, Hawaii, LuLaCrap-related jaunts, eating out (twitter posts), etc. The only way an MLM works is if they buckle down and get folks to sign up under them to make money FOR them. There hasn't been any sign that the Browns are still active (or have been active for a long time) in the Green Goo business. The last time we heard about a party was when Meri had one at her house and "Lindsey" showed up to sign "Sam Cooper" up......

I was going to come here and rant about why these people don't go out and get real jobs and stop with the fake crap "jobs," but then I read this post and realize that they've been doing this since day one.  So in other words, Kody and Krew have always thought themselves quite the special snowflakes who don't have to go out and work all week, or work weekends or holidays or beg for overtime to pay the bills.  And it starts with Kody...he of the caveman swagger and flashy smile...who managed to get four women to go along with his vision of false persecution and special-ness.  They are all complicit grifters.

The fact that a select few of their kids seem to actually be forging their way in the world through school and hard work is somewhat astonishing.  I wonder if the younger kids who were brought up with cameras following them and know no other way will follow suit.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Yep, you're right.

• Love 5
On 4/14/2017 at 7:12 AM, laurakaye said:

So in other words, Kody and Krew have always thought themselves quite the special snowflakes who don't have to go out and work all week, or work weekends or holidays or beg for overtime to pay the bills.  

Kody and Ko. may act all humble about their religion, but all plygs feel they are special snowflakes because of their religion. They are very.special.people who should be allowed to live their life the way they want, Bleed the Beast in order to live their life, abuse their people in the name of their religion, seek glory in media for how they live their life (saw that in the town I lived in) and the rest of the world be damned. We have seen several versions of plyg sects on TV in the past few years- Centennial Park, FLDS, Kingston Clan, AUB and two Independents (Browns and Williams) Each has a slightly different way of going about the religion and varying degrees of bleeding beast/abuse/famewhoring but the end result is the same.

Edited by Galloway Cave
good grief the typos...
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, toodles said:

You need to check the Clark County recorder website if you want to check.  It's public record.  The LIV car is bronze or brownish.  I live in Vegas in the Brown area and I've seen it myself when I'm out and about.

Mortgage holders are not public record. Many people have been on the Clark County website looking at the Brown's information and there's nothing on there about a lienholder. That information is not on County websites. Kody may have gotten a new car, but the car he got from LIV was white - this was a few years ago. I'm sure he's given it to one of the kids and gotten something new.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cinles said:

Mortgage holders are not public record. Many people have been on the Clark County website looking at the Brown's information and there's nothing on there about a lienholder. That information is not on County websites.

Yes it is on the website. I don't know where those many people are looking, but in every county of every State this is public record and is publically available. 

Start here. When you get to the result for the person you are wanting, you have to click the blue items to open the documents. I cannot link directly to one because of the way the search works, it won't take you to my finding. Liens are on a different search than the ownership records, which may be why those many people can't find them, but they are recorded. All liens on property have to be published and recorded to be valid. All four homes have mortgages. 

• Love 9

I was trying to get a screencap since it won't link directly to my search results, but that doesn't seem to be working either. If this shows, I cut and pasted Janelle's mortgage lienholder info which is from Guild Mortgage Company. Nope, it's not working, you have to do the searches yourself to see them, or pay for access and I'm not going to do that, so here is Janelle's info and you may have better luck searching by the parcel number than the name:

Clark County Recorder's Office

Modify Date:12/19/2012

Record Date:12/19/2012 2:35 PM

Number of Pages:11

Book Type:OR

Document Type:(DOT) DEED OF TRUST

1st PartyBROWN, JANELLE

2nd PartyGUILD MORTGAGE COMPANY

Parcel #:138-06-810-008

• Love 6
3 hours ago, cinles said:

Mortgage holders are not public record. Many people have been on the Clark County website looking at the Brown's information and there's nothing on there about a lienholder. That information is not on County websites. Kody may have gotten a new car, but the car he got from LIV was white - this was a few years ago. I'm sure he's given it to one of the kids and gotten something new.

In CA if I look at, for example, SLO County Official Records I can see who is a lien holder which is the lender (or the business who bought the loan).  Its how I found out who held the RM on my dads house (and was able to find forged records, it told me who to talk to).  These things are public records.  Not the terms of the mortgage or how much is left on the mortgage but that yes, Mortgages R US holds the lien.  The only way it would appear that Kody et al own their houses free and clear is if there is a reconveyance filed with the lien holder as granter and Kody as grantee.  If you recall when they were looking for loans for these homes their credit was in the shitter.  Robyn's was especially bad and Christine had to remember to pay every single bill on time and forgot to pay water or something so she was afraid it would negatively affect her loan.  

I have been on these sites (PTV, TWOP, etc) for eons and I have learned many of the posters could put the FBI to shame with their sleuthing.  In fact I learned so much from the experts that what I learned helped me in real life to find out my father was being robbed blind by his 'girlfriend' by watching the county official records.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, cinles said:

You should probably learn more about how the world works before you try to defend your family with incorrect information, Mykelti. You're only making yourself look bad.

• Love 10

Mykelti would know there were mortgages because her husband was telling her how they could take out a line of credit on the homes to fund their wedding. I think that poster just didn't know what a Deed of Trust was and though the Deed itself would say the name of the mortgage company which is why the "many people" who were looking on Clark County's website couldn't find anything and thought the website wouldn't list such a thing. 

She's probably not a Brown, just younger and obviously not a homeowner. 

• Love 3