Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I mean, I'm all about sharing the love...

BWAHAHAHAHA...........literally.  Oh, wait, was she talking about LLR?  Never mind.  No love to share in the Brown Clown Compound anymore.

• Love 7

Et tu, Canada? I thought LLR was being contained in the USA (consultants cannot sell internationally). I never thought about Canadians coming to the US to buy frumpy clothes. Oh Canada...so sorry. :(

Also, it is clear that Meri does not care about her sisters in LLR (bolded parts are done by me). And yes, Meri has written "LuLaRoe fabulousness".

Hey Ladies! I know there's been a few of you who have asked about the Everett WA location. The method to my madness on that location is, I'm already going to be in Vancouver WA as well, I want to spread out the locations so as many people could come as possible. Maybe with Everett being 30 miles north of Seattle that creates a difficulty for time, and I totally understand that. But what I'm really hoping is that maybe this gives an opportunity for Canadians who are north of Washington and have the capability to come into the US, to come and try on and purchase some of the LuLaRoe fabulousness. I'm sorry if this is a problem for some of you, and at the same time, I really hope to see some of my Canadian peeps in Everett!!

I didn't go look at what the "ladies" were questioning, but if Meri really wanted to help her "Canadian peeps" she'd hold the event somewhere like Bellingham.  It's not exactly a quick jaunt for Canadians to drive all the way to Everett, but if they are willing to do that much then it's no big deal to continue to Seattle.  Depending on the time of day, getting north to Everett from Seattle can also be a hassle.  It sounds like she's trying to have it both ways and tap into both the Seattle-area and B.C. customers without being super convenient for either group.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I didn't go look at what the "ladies" were questioning, but if Meri really wanted to help her "Canadian peeps" she'd hold the event somewhere like Bellingham.  It's not exactly a quick jaunt for Canadians to drive all the way to Everett, but if they are willing to do that much then it's no big deal to continue to Seattle.  Depending on the time of day, getting north to Everett from Seattle can also be a hassle.  It sounds like she's trying to have it both ways and tap into both the Seattle-area and B.C. customers without being super convenient for either group.

We used to travel to my MIL's house north of Everett.  The traffic from Seattle to Everett is brutal!  

Bellingham would have made more sense.  Meri is greedy and wants to spread fugliness to Canada.  Ugh.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

The thing is... Canada HAS LLR consultants. 

So Meri is attempting to infringe on THEIR territory as well. 

Meri is a very selfish person. 

http://www.lularoe.ca/

I'm sure somewhere in her mind it's just fine for her to do it. She can step on toes, but don't mess with her!

I don't see how going on the road like she is, ends up being a good financial decision.

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I'm sure somewhere in her mind it's just fine for her to do it. She can step on toes, but don't mess with her!

I don't see how going on the road like she is, ends up being a good financial decision.

It may not be about finances.  What does she have at home?  She is a single woman now.  She is free to roam.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

It may not be about finances.  What does she have at home?  She is a single woman now.  She is free to roam.

And can write off that travel as a business expense.  Get away from Kody?  check.  Get away from babysitting kids not her own?  Check.  Go on a 'work' trip and I don't have to take anyone from the family?  Check.  Horning in on another LLR sales reps territory?  Bitchy.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

And can write off that travel as a business expense.  Get away from Kody?  check.  Get away from babysitting kids not her own?  Check.  Go on a 'work' trip and I don't have to take anyone from the family?  Check.  Horning in on another LLR sales reps territory?  Bitchy.

Absolutely!  But, she's so special, being a D-List celeb, and having a team of sycophants.  License to be a Bitch, that's our Mare!

• Love 6

She is now surrounded by adoring fans.  At home, a nothing burger served by Janelle is available.  I would never go home.  In fact, I would sell my share to Kody and buy my own place.  

Now there's a season ending finale!

• Love 6

I was getting a pedicure today. The two women in the chairs next to me get to talking and one starts about LuLaRoe. Says she's an "independent retailer" and starts doing a pretty hard sell. The other women was receptive though. So I just keep my face in my US magazine and listen. Well, the LLR salesperson manages to talk the lady into having a party. When she gets up, I see that she's wearing leggings and a swing top which do NOT match, and the top is so faded it looks like it was left out in the desert for a week.  The LLR lady goes out to her care and the lady next to me asks if I know about this brand. I'm just like, "Yeah, heard of it. Leggings are real soft, I have a pair."

So the LLR lady comes back and hands us EACH a free pair of leggings! The pattern is pretty cute too. So I happily take them (FREE!). Lady next to me whispers to me "Are they expensive?" I said "Yeah, kinda."

VERY BIZARRE.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

I was getting a pedicure today. The two women in the chairs next to me get to talking and one starts about LuLaRoe. Says she's an "independent retailer" and starts doing a pretty hard sell. The other women was receptive though. So I just keep my face in my US magazine and listen. Well, the LLR salesperson manages to talk the lady into having a party. When she gets up, I see that she's wearing leggings and a swing top which do NOT match, and the top is so faded it looks like it was left out in the desert for a week.  The LLR lady goes out to her care and the lady next to me asks if I know about this brand. I'm just like, "Yeah, heard of it. Leggings are real soft, I have a pair."

So the LLR lady comes back and hands us EACH a free pair of leggings! The pattern is pretty cute too. So I happily take them (FREE!). Lady next to me whispers to me "Are they expensive?" I said "Yeah, kinda."

VERY BIZARRE.

She must have been desperate to have a pop up party to just hand leggings over on a promise but then again they only pay like $10.50 each for them.

• Love 3
On 8/11/2017 at 0:09 PM, Jellybeans said:

She is now surrounded by adoring fans.  At home, a nothing burger served by Janelle is available.  I would never go home.  In fact, I would sell my share to Kody and buy my own place.  

Now there's a season ending finale!

That would be awesome. I'd love to see her get outta there, I don't blame her for wanting to be on the road promoting her business (even if it is LLR). Meri stands a far better chance to make a living doing that than the average person does. 

• Love 2

Okay so like we all use to bag on the Brown's for not working and being mooches, but the one time one of them ACTUALLY tries to work (well, for her it's work), we come down on them for that?

I'm not a fan of Meri. I think she's childish, selfish, cruel, passive aggressive, and she draws her sentences out like she draws on her eyebrows but at least she's trying.

I get it, LLR is like her green Kool-aid but at least she's passionate and active about it. I also hope she leaves the family as well. I cannot imagine the heartache being at home with her wet bar and no mans gives her.

JUST MY OPINION :)

I am glad she gets to travel as well, go Meri and break free! RUN

• Love 15

I've found my dislike for Meri came from her having goals and wanting to do stuff, expressing that desire and then not doing it. Now she's out there actually doing. 

I'm no fan of LLR as everyone knows but I hope she succeeds. I hope she gains more confidence and ditches that circus back at the cul de sac. 

• Love 6
On 8/13/2017 at 5:44 PM, Bunkerdown said:

Okay so like we all use to bag on the Brown's for not working and being mooches, but the one time one of them ACTUALLY tries to work (well, for her it's work), we come down on them for that?

I will bite.

Congrats to Meri for finding a job. Great for her. She has the sisterhood of LLR, thousands in her group and lots of pop ups to get to. (Insert Leo doing the slowmo clap here).

However, what's going to happen when LLR goes belly up? Everyday I am reading on several groups on facebook, private groups on reddit, etc. about consultants who were making big bucks now leaving. Will Meri and others like her file for bankruptcies if they are in LLR debt?

As far as I know it, Christine is not working, Janelle's strive business does not look as if it is booming, Robyn's jewelry business is not a bringing in millions of dollars, Kody is doing what? So if the TLC money runs out (and  it will) and they do not get another season (and even if they do, they still need jobs), will Christine be back on welfare in order to feed Kody's family?

While they still have TLC money, wouldn't it be more appropriate if Kody had sent Meri, Robyn, and/or Christine to school in order to earn degrees so they could get stable jobs to not only support themselves but also keep a roof over their heads and their grubby hands out of the government's pocket?

And before I get hit with "They can't afford a babysitter/day care" let me point out that they do have teen/adult children, one grandmother, Robyn's niece living at home AND online school AND night classes. So I am sure with ALL those adults around, they could schedule classes around their young kids' lives.

But hey, LLR money is better than no money or government assistance...so congrats to her. Heck, I'll even wish them another season of TLC Sister Wives and a cool million per episode if that will keep them off taxpayers' money. Not everyone want to get a higher education or have a stable job. And with 18 kids, hopefully the adult Browns will be well taken care of in their old age by their kids and not on government handouts. So MLM away Brownies. Enjoy it. 

And Edited to add:

LLR consultants are vicious men and women. Some reporting others to HQ just for having pop ups at a mall or in a small store, etc. They are snitching on anyone who is THINKING about going out of business. And so much worse. Some women have said they have lost friends they have been knowing since childhood/for years.

If Meri does decides to call it quits and her LLR sisterhood friends turn on her, do you honestly believe that will make her strong enough to leave Kody?

Edited by Rainflower
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Rainflower said:

But hey, LLR money is better than no money or government assistance...so congrats to her.

Excellent post, Rainflower.  You said it better than I could.

What makes anyone think that there is LLR money, though?  We have all read the propaganda as well as the "tell all" posts by the LLR sellers that have gotten nailed and gone bankrupt.  For every success story (however short-lived) there are 500 failures.  Meri is such a dolt that she falls for every get rich quick scheme out there.  If she'd done a couple of hours research she'd have seen that LLR is a scam.  But then the Brown Clowns are premiere scammers so I guess it all fits together.

Schooling and jobs would have made a whole lot of sense with a steady income from TLC.  But, as always, the Brown Clown Financial Plan is to spend it all on trips, crap, and failing businesses.  I foresee a spate of repossessions in the cuddle sacs the day that TCL pulls the plug.  Followed quickly by a new round of bankruptcies. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Rainflower said:

I will bite.

Congrats to Meri for finding a job. Great for her. She has the sisterhood of LLR, thousands in her group and lots of pop ups to get to. (Insert Leo doing the slowmo clap here).

However, what's going to happen when LLR goes belly up? Everyday I am reading on several groups on facebook, private groups on reddit, etc. about consultants who were making big bucks now leaving. Will Meri and others like her file for bankruptcies if they are in LLR debt?

As far as I know it, Christine is not working, Janelle's strive business does not look as if it is booming, Robyn's jewelry business is not a bringing in millions of dollars, Kody is doing what? So if the TLC money runs out (and  it will) and they do not get another season (and even if they do, they still need jobs), will Christine be back on welfare in order to feed Kody's family?

While they still have TLC money, wouldn't it be more appropriate if Kody had sent Meri, Robyn, and/or Christine to school in order to earn degrees so they could get stable jobs to not only support themselves but also keep a roof over their heads and their grubby hands out of the government's pocket?

And before I get hit with "They can't afford a babysitter/day care" let me point out that they do have teen/adult children, one grandmother, Robyn's niece living at home AND online school AND night classes. So I am sure with ALL those adults around, they could schedule classes around their young kids' lives.

But hey, LLR money is better than no money or government assistance...so congrats to her. Heck, I'll even wish them another season of TLC Sister Wives and a cool million per episode if that will keep them off taxpayers' money. Not everyone want to get a higher education or have a stable job. And with 18 kids, hopefully the adult Browns will be well taken care of in their old age by their kids and not on government handouts. So MLM away Brownies. Enjoy it. 

And Edited to add:

LLR consultants are vicious men and women. Some reporting others to HQ just for having pop ups at a mall or in a small store, etc. They are snitching on anyone who is THINKING about going out of business. And so much worse. Some women have said they have lost friends they have been knowing since childhood/for years.

If Meri does decides to call it quits and her LLR sisterhood friends turn on her, do you honestly believe that will make her strong enough to leave Kody?

I think this is where the JO person may be right. They are not together (Meri & Kody). They live separate lives and in separate homes. They're already divorced. In Meri's mind I bet she's already single and kid free to boot, so yes once the show and LLR are gone I think Meri is as well. MERI will fly the co-op.

Meri is still in school but not exactly sure what her degree will get her career wise 

If Meri were to leave Kody and either get a spin off show or write an actual tell all, imagine how much money she could net?

Edited by Bunkerdown
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Rainflower said:

if Kody had sent Meri, Robyn, and/or Christine to school in order to earn degrees so they could get stable jobs to not only support themselves but also keep a roof over their heads and their grubby hands out of the government's pocket?

If Kody had sent them to school??? Why would Kody need to send them to school? Aren't they adults? 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Rainflower said:

In my opinion, the main problem with them going to school is that they would learn to be independent thinkers and they would be exposed to massive amounts of information that would almost certainly force or cause them to question and re-examine their beliefs. If this happened, at least three of the four of them would leave and prefer being single to being "married" to that douche. The only one I could see staying would actually be Christine and that's only because her self-esteem is so low that I don't think even school could bring it up enough; plus, I don't think she would opt for school under any circumstances. Of course, if three of the four of them leave, then that means Christine is no longer the third "wife" ... so what motivation is there for her to stay? I could see an argument for Robyn also staying since she's the legal wife. I also think Robyn would be delighted if these other bitches took off and left her alone with Kody. So, maybe only Meri and Janelle would leave because I could see Robyn staying now that I've thought about it and I could see Christine accepting being the second "wife" instead of the third. I'm not sure how long Christine would last because I could see Robyn wanting to get rid of her, too, but it might be a bit of a balancing act for her to pretend to honor Kody's (and her supposed) beliefs while also managing to get the lion's share of Kody's time.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Bunkerdown said:

I think this is where the JO person may be right. They are not together (Meri & Kody). They live separate lives and in separate homes. They're already divorced. In Meri's mind I bet she's already single and kid free to boot, so yes once the show and LLR are gone I think Meri is as well. MERI will fly the co-op.

Meri is still in school but not exactly sure what her degree will get her career wise 

If Meri were to leave Kody and either get a spin off show or write an actual tell all, imagine how much money she could net?

Just my thoughts, but having watched Meri for quite a while we can see she's never really been happy and has been striving for something else (sorry janelle, I think strive with Meri has more teeth). 

We've seen Meri regularly express the need for something more, yet she'd been hesitant to act. Then along comes the catfish, so we know for sure she was not happy despite the family coming to Meri's aid and Meri denying what it really was. She tries to mend things with Kody because that's familiar territory. Still, not really happy. 

Fast forward a couple years--here she is, like her or not, out there working and selling. Not the Meri we were used to seeing. She's clearly built enough confidence to do this, I feel like one day she'll realize she can hold her own after the circus is over. 

If there's another season I'd love it if she'd stop clamorong for Kody's attention. You don't need it, Meri. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autocorrect does not know best. Idiot.
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Bunkerdown said:

How is Meri still in school? Where did you find that? 

Even if she is still enrolled how does she have the time to do even one class? I'm a member of her LLR page and she spends pretty much every waking moment doing this. 

The only evidence of Meri matriculating is from 2 years ago during the whole catfish saga and she was in one class. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

How is Meri still in school? Where did you find that? 

Even if she is still enrolled how does she have the time to do even one class? I'm a member of her LLR page and she spends pretty much every waking moment doing this. 

The only evidence of Meri matriculating is from 2 years ago during the whole catfish saga and she was in one class. 

Well supposedly she was in school according to people who are maybe not reliable 

There was some pseudo-drama a while back where  she (according to commercials for the upcoming episode) "dropped a bombshell" and it turned out to be nothing more than saying she wanted to go back to college.  Nothing ever came of it as far as we know.  Typical Brown lack of follow through on anything.

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

There was some pseudo-drama a while back where  she (according to commercials for the upcoming episode) "dropped a bombshell" and it turned out to be nothing more than saying she wanted to go back to college.  Nothing ever came of it as far as we know.  Typical Brown lack of follow through on anything.

This is why I like the "new" Meri. Before it was, "I wanna do this/that" followed by glum responses from the sister wives. 

I hope she does go back to school and just DOES it. No asking for advice, she just goes.  

I think Meri is the only one who could carry a spin off--I'm tired of spinoffs about kids and grandchildren. Not sure if she would, but as already mentioned, she could do well for herself if she does it right. 

I wouldn't want to watch a spin off of Meri either. But it is nice to see her out doing something and looking like she's enjoying it. I just wish it was for something that's not going to crash and probably soon. Hopefully, it'll just make her turn to something else, that will last. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

A Meri spin-off?  Seriously?  A divorcee Z level "celeb" with no noticeable skills losing her house to foreclosure?  Nothing to see here, folks.  Move on.

What?!? I would watch the shit out of that! Seriously. I've been waiting for The Great Brown Family Implosion for years now and you would deny me even a small part of it? :D

• Love 5

Not implying it will happen or that Meri even would, but it would be more interesting than what TLC usually spins-off. Bored with the fucking kids and grandkids and weddings already. If any of the Brown kids gets a spinoff I'm gonna throw up. 

I'd love to at least see Meri make an exit and really stir shit up if there's another season. 

• Love 6

What the hell would they show anyway? 

They can't really do LLR since they don't name companies, and that's all she does these days. 

It would probably end up being a bunch of contrived bs. Dieting, hanging out with friends on the strip, shopping...We sure as hell won't see any dating. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

What the hell would they show anyway? 

They can't really do LLR since they don't name companies, and that's all she does these days. 

It would probably end up being a bunch of contrived bs. Dieting, hanging out with friends on the strip, shopping...We sure as hell won't see any dating. 

Awwww! *hangs head in disappointment*

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MrSmith said:

A middle-aged divorcee doing, well, what nearly every middle-aged on the planet is doing?  Yeah, riveting.  Unless he kills Kody on her way out and we see her trial, no thanks.   I can see that kind of crap in my own neighborhood.

• Love 3

I may pitch this idea to TLC for a spin off show.

Meri and the other non-victims, well the single ones, of kitty fishy all living in Las Vegas together.

They can go on all sorts of crazy adventures together as a group. REAL WORLD meets Jersey Shore for the 45+ crowd.

Fake bronzer parties, all night craft Fiestas, dating by phone and Twitter...wait, nope, uh maybe they won't be allowed to have social media accounts considering their history.

It could be....wait I'm describing the Real Housewives franchise but with less money and plastic surgery.

Edited by Bunkerdown
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

A middle-aged divorcee doing, well, what nearly every middle-aged on the planet is doing?  Yeah, riveting.  Unless he kills Kody on her way out and we see her trial, no thanks.   I can see that kind of crap in my own neighborhood.

We could say the same thing about the crap that's already on--I don't really care about wedding and people having babies, people do that every day. But somehow, some people get to be on tv doing that. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

We could say the same thing about the crap that's already on--I don't really care about wedding and people having babies, people do that every day. But somehow, some people get to be on tv doing that. 

Supernatural?  Game of Thrones?  Band of Brothers?  Breaking Bad?  Not sure I see that in my particular neighborhood.  But maybe I'm not paying attention.

But I don't care about that other "reality" crap, either.  It's the Browns that make things particularly slimy.

Edited by Kohola3

I'm new to this series, and it just hit me. If Kody had never taken another wife, he and Meri might have lived happily ever after. 

I don't know.  His father's influence and the thrill of banging multiple women in the name of God would have plagued their relationship.  He'd have ended up resenting her for screwing with his "religious" legacy (pun intended).

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Swim mom said:

I'm new to this series, and it just hit me. If Kody had never taken another wife, he and Meri might have lived happily ever after. 

If he could have contented himself with a normal marriage, this is probably true. I've thought this for a while. For me, that thought has made watching this show actually a little bit sad for all of them. Again, I know all the adults chose this lifestyle; I just can't help but be a little bit sad for them when I think about the alternative.

• Love 3

I agree with Kohola3 I don't think Kody would have wanted the normal marriage. He loves being able to brag about how many women he's married to. The wives on the other hand I think each would have been happier that way. They all wanted Kody but none really want each other. Meri obviously wasn't cut out for plural marriage, Christine would get to be the fun only wife, and Janelle would only have to work to support her family. Robyn really isn't either or she wouldn't have made a play to end up legally married to Kody. If only they figured it out early on and left, they each would end up a lot happier. Marry someone where they don't have to fight for attention or more time together, or worry about their husband having three other wives to go too when their having problems. Or have another wife suddenly moving up in ranks.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

When LLR tanks and Meri has a houseful of unsold leggings, maybe she can off load them here.  An appropriate audience for the patterns.

Perfect spot for those LLR leggings.  

• Love 2
On 8/19/2017 at 11:08 PM, Swim mom said:

I used to think the same thing.

An Excerpt from their book:

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/3428-janelle-brown-smarter-than-your-average-brown-maybe/?do=findComment&comment=3343580

IMO, Kody was NEVER the faithful type if only 3 months after his marriage to Meri he was thinking Janelle should be with him. Polygamy just gave him an excuse to legitimize his cheating ways.

A few months later, 

I was a married man, so I had to be careful with my words. I tried to be as offhand as possible when I said to Janelle, “Maybe you and I should consider you and me.”

He wasn't even married a year and he was chasing Janelle. Meeting her behind his wife's back even though he knew it was inappropriate to do so. 

• Love 9
On 8/18/2017 at 1:04 PM, lettsjetts said:

What a pushover Janelle was to have been sharing her salary between the family all while Meri was working part time or quitting to travel with Kody.  Do you think Meri is divvying up her Lularoe income?

That type of set up is long gone; however, if it was still in play -- there is no way Meri would share her tunic and leggings money with the rest.  She'd come up with a new rule that "hobby" money can be kept by the wife. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

That type of set up is long gone; however, if it was still in play -- there is no way Meri would share her tunic and leggings money with the rest.  She'd come up with a new rule that "hobby" money can be kept by the wife. 

I have very little respect for Meri and this is the reason why!  How selfish can she be?  Janelle wasn't just paying the bills but it was her inheritance that made it possible for them to purchase their house in Lehi.  I hope Meri is called out for this on the show but I doubt it.  

• Love 4