Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Playtime's Over

• Start Topic

So glad Ariana is FINALLY realising how fake Scheana is. That self absorbed woman is even trying to be friends with LeAnn Rimes on Twitter! Such a phony brown noser. Can't say I blame Shay for taking vacations via chemicals.

Edited by OnceSane

James is so textbook cheating male: "It's for her own good that I'm lying to her! The truth would devastate her!"

Youth is truly great. To be as wasted as he was and still be able to perform sexually --that's youth!

I don't doubt that Jax' advanced age and general jadedness in matters sexual now needs unusual stimulants. Dirty feet is probably only the start.

Did I miss the explanation of the cotton in his ear?

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 4

I noticed that DJ Muppet Baby is now the one dropping the bottle before the camera cuts away in the opening credits instdad of Flatiron Tom.

James is tossing a record. I'm working from home and on my lunch break, so I'm going to watch and take notes! ...

Scheana with a tray of champagne and a sparkler with Jax shaking a drink

James tossing a record, with Sandoval almost pouring alcohol into one of 3 lined up glasses but instead pours onto the floor but then tipping the bottle up so the alcohol flips into the air, while Ariana high pours alcohol into 5 glasses lined up

Kristin moving a martini glass in front of herself so it spills all over the place, Schwartz just gives a classy toast move with a glass of champagne, while Katie's champagne bottle erupts

Lisa tosses a hat

• Love 5

Ok, so Katie is definitely on Adderall.  I've done my "research" on it (cough) and there is a specific tell-tale sign in the way people speak.  Almost like you talk over yourself.

She did it in her talking head.  Also, Stassi confirmed on Brandi Glanville's podcast that "most" of the staff takes it; she actually even admitted to taking it herself.

I was really annoyed by Ken, even more than usual.  It's a party, everyone is having fun, Tom comes up to say hello and he like grabs him and tells him to respect his wife.  What a FREAK!  He's such a disgusting old man. 

Thank you for just finally putting into words something I have never been able to figure out. Re: Adderall use, "Almost like you talk over yourself." It's something I always take notice of when people speak, possibly because I am hyper-aware of doing it myself, but I could never articulate it that well.

Show related: I just can't not love Kristen, he crazy is what makes this show for me. James can go. Jax is honestly kind of bumming me out recently, his insecurities are really starting to show and he just seems like a very depressed lonely person under all the lies and bravado. Scheana irks. Waiting for the big Shay intervention; that one I have to say I did not see coming. Though looking back it certainly fits. I just always assumed he was an extremely laid back person who kind of wanted a "hot pop-starlet of a wife" hahaha to be up front and center and he would just wait back in the wings being happy. However, maybe he actually does have a personality deep inside of there, he was just able to be Scheana's mute purseholder through the use of drugs. Hope it ends with him getting the help he needs. Haven't heard anything in real time about it.

• Love 1

James is tossing a record. I'm working from home and on my lunch break, so I'm going to watch and take notes! ...

Scheana with a tray of champagne and a sparkler with Jax shaking a drink

James tossing a record, with Sandoval almost pouring alcohol into one of 3 lined up glasses but instead pours onto the floor but then tipping the bottle up so the alcohol flips into the air, while Ariana high pours alcohol into 5 glasses lined up

Kristin moving a martini glass in front of herself so it spills all over the place, Schwartz just gives a classy toast move with a glass of champagne, while Katie's champagne bottle erupts

Lisa tosses a hat

Yep, time for me to get a new TV and eye surgery! :-D

Yup, it's Julie and Brandy* from the People's Couch. I thought the aftershow was OK. I mean, it's not like I learned any amazing revelations, but it was kind of entertaining. 

* I had to look that up

I love Julie and Brandy from The People's Couch so I'm going to give them a pass for a few episodes until they get comfortable and settled in.

I would die of happiness if they could get Scott, Blake and Emerson from TPC to do an aftershow of VPR.  These guys would absolutely READ the tools at VPR.

• Love 5

I'm not so convinced. Adderall causes many people to lose weight. Some people try convince their doctor they have A.D.D. just to get Adderall for weight loss. I work for a psychiatrist and we have a good number of patients on this type of medication. Each one has to be weighed and their blood pressure checked at each visit. Some posters above thought it looked like Katie had gained some weight. I thought so too. This, while not definitely, is the one reason I would not think she takes Adderall. I did not notice any other signs of her either being on a stimulant or having ADD, and like I said above, I deal with these meds every day.

A person who seems like they are "talking above themselves" is more likely to be in a manic state from Bipolar Disorder, although again I see no signs of anything with Katie except she has possibly grown a set of balls and is finally standing up for herself.

I don't think she, or anyone on the show gets it from a doctor. I believe she does use it, mostly because of the speech pattern, although, I guess she should be thinner. The "talking over yourself" thing is where I would notice that I was speaking so fast I would trip over my words with other words. It freaked me out. I'm not bipolar and this happened to me, while taking adderall. So I can confirm it is a thing, empirical data. It's like your mind if working faster than your mouth. I heard Katie says something, but she was tripping over the sentence- that reminded me of that. Stassi basically confirmed the usage, too.

Did I miss the explanation of the cotton in his ear?

He was expecting Shaena to start singing?

I kid! I know it's from the reconstruction of his coke-nose.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1

So, Kristin may be crazy, but she's not wrong that Scheana's friends keep fucking her boyfriends. I wish she hadn't bought James' shit and took him back. But maybe them staying together means she'll lash out at Lala later when James starts hooking up with her.

I loved how Scheana somehow managed to make all of Kristin's crazy drama about her. She's so self centered, I'm surprised she is going to notice when Shay disappears next week.

I'm not a fan of Lala so far.

I loved Katie being all WTF over Tom's perm helping him get his shit together. I loved that they gave Gordo a special birthday dinner. My dogs get special dinners on their birthdays too, but not prime rib, it's too fatty and I don't want to clean up the mess from an upset dog tummy.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 1

I don't think she, or anyone on the show gets it from a doctor. I believe she does use it, mostly because of the speech pattern, although, I guess she should be thinner. The "talking over yourself" thing is where I would notice that I was speaking so fast I would trip over my words with other words. It freaked me out. I'm not bipolar and this happened to me, while taking adderall. So I can confirm it is a thing, empirical data. It's like your mind if working faster than your mouth. I heard Katie says something, but she was tripping over the sentence- that reminded me of that. Stassi basically confirmed the usage, too.

I do this and it's my normal way of speaking, sometimes I stumble over words or try to blend two together and it comes out not making any sense. Especially if I am nervous or anxious about something. I'm just not a good speaker, even though I'm well read and have a decent vocabulary. I generally try to laugh it off when it's obvious, but sometimes it happens at horrible moments...like during a job interview.

• Love 1

I'm re-watching this episode.

When Kristonnn calls James he calls her a fucking idiot and dumbass. Such hostility.

In Kristen's TH shot she is angry at James for spilling her secrets. Huh???? How is it a secret that Carmen kissed/hooked up with some guy. Obviously, they wanted this info to get to Jax and James was the perfect vehicle.

How can James be mad at Jax for having no Bro Code. Does he not remember, Jax effing Kristin while she was still with Tom and lying about it for an entire season?? Why would Jax have any sense of Bro Code for Muppy when he had none for one of his best friends?

Kristin...Learn to control your fucking anger bro, you're in your 30s. I have a very different approach in life these days. One of the major things I worked on in therapy was to not act like a psycho. I have learned that I don't always have to react

Oh-kayyyyy so to show you all how far I've come I just have a bit of a tiff with my Muppy over the phone. So instead of waiting until he gets home from his shift, I'm going to lurch into the SUR alley and wait.

Howling!!!!

These people are AWESOME!!!!

• Love 1

Haha, that's one way to look at it. 

Except, she's so full of shit. Because she was reacting on the very first episode of the show. She found out that James had told Jax about Carmen being with some other dude, so she runs right down to SUR and starts a fight in the alley. Sounds pretty reactive to me.

Haha, that's one way to look at it. 

Except, she's so full of shit. Because she was reacting on the very first episode of the show. She found out that James had told Jax about Carmen being with some other dude, so she runs right down to SUR and starts a fight in the alley. Sounds pretty reactive to me.

I was thinking she took the initiative to start the fight there instead of waiting for DJ Muppet Baby to get home from work. YMMV ;-)
  • Love 1

I stopped watching this show last year. It was just too fake and contrived. They're all actors like most 'un-reality' shows but this bunch tries so hard to be bat-shit crazy that it just comes off looking super scripted and fake. I can't help wondering how Kristen can stand being the totally hateful, eternally bitchy resting face personality of the group. James is stupid and immature and a very bad actor but Kristen can't get Bravo convinced to break the mold of the hated-girl image and put some little shreds of compassion or humility in her character. She's got a constant scowl on her face and looks like she's constipated all the time. She's just an angry, unlikable young woman and I think this persona is going to plague her throughout her career if she ever actually gets one. There's nothing warm about her and it seems that her character was developed solely for the audience to choose her as the villain to hate. How can we not want terrible shit to happen to Kristen? It's just impossible.

mb5648c16d4f1c88.68739321.jpg

Edited by HumblePi