Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Sent On Tour

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Bad writing for Patterson. If she is so smart then why does she wallpaper her apartment with classified photos. Maybe I am just suspicious by nature but I still feel something is off about her now ex-boyfriend.

Love how they talked about going into the town quietly. Yes, nothing says inconspicuous more than that huge, dark, government SUV. And then Jane steps out in a tank top full tats on display. At least she put a hoodie on later!

• Love 3

Maybe I am just suspicious by nature but I still feel something is off about her now ex-boyfriend.

Maybe there's a reveal later on, he just seemed way too shady over the tattoo clues.

• Love 1

Bad writing for Patterson. If she is so smart then why does she wallpaper her apartment with classified photos. Maybe I am just suspicious by nature but I still feel something is off about her now ex-boyfriend.

Love how they talked about going into the town quietly. Yes, nothing says inconspicuous more than that huge, dark, government SUV. And then Jane steps out in a tank top full tats on display. At least she put a hoodie on later!

I actually tried to imagine them renting that vehicle (which thanks to the Bond on Late Show skit from last night has nearly been realized in visual form).

"Yes, we need the biggest, darkest SUV you have. FBI budget only approves of a maximum of one vehicle for up to 4 people."

I'm still so confused as to why the FBI only sends out 3 agents (and Jane) on these missions. Odds are if they are outnumbered, they most likely aren't coming out alive, never mind being injured. These people are in a massive gun fight every fucking day and then just go about their business like nothing happened. Solve some fricking tattoos without having a shoot out. It's getting old.

That being said, I still like the show, but change it up a bit. Sheesh.

It's worse than that: the only one that hasn't led to a shootout is the one Patterson and her NerdMuffin happened to track down. Ugh. How stupid is that? They really should have skipped a shootout or two prior to this, and it would have been a lot easier to swallow. Plus firefights are dumb and repetitive to watch, and way too A-teamy (without the charm of the A-team's leads).

Nevertheless, I thought this week was an improvement, despite diminishing my fondness for Patterson's BF. (Those two worked for me, and were far more appealing than the lead couple.) But I wouldn't mind if the NerdMuffin repents of his disrespectful, pushy ways and gets reinstated as BF in the future. I liked the FBI team on the run in a way that felt less absurd than the CIA & terrorists free for all in the graveyard (that seemed made of stupid). Weller continues to suck (for me) (acting and writing there) and Jane's fear/stupidity ([trembles] & "do you know me?" god! please leave her home if that's how she thinks she should conduct herself in the field.) continue to annoy (another case of acting and writing), but the supporting cast remains good. Pity I have to watch the show around the leads.

More shrink, less Weller. More Jane with everyone but Weller, but less Jane as a whole if she has to continue to be stupid. Ensembles are usually better shows anyway.

Oh, but LDP was terrific. If this show feels it must embrace bullshit scenarios, feel free to go for a "Face Off" storyline where LDP takes over the role of Weller once and for all. It can only help. Although I preferred his bad guy to the hero, so... Actually that's not a good thing, Show, when viewers prefer villains to your heroes and guest stars to your leads, just saying.

• Love 2

I would rather watch an entire show of Patterson and David solving riddles than Weller and Jane mooning over each other.

Same here, although since David is gone for the moment, Patterson could team up with Jane.

• Love 1

I would rather watch an entire show of Patterson and David solving riddles than Weller and Jane mooning over each other.

Yes, please.  Tone him down, make him not-creepy, whatever, but they treated each other as equals in the library.  How rare is that?

• Love 2
** No slam on Jane. I still don't really get why a 10-year old would be so obsessed with a 5-year old's disappearance.  Part (most?) of it is that I have zero recollection of my childhood. But unless you had an eidetic memory, most people would forget the details of that. Kids move in and out of neighbourhoods all of the time. Friends come and go - so Weller's obsession really borders on creepy.

I find it believable because at that age I had a friend that died (on a super-badly planned school field trip - so bad it made the international news) and it crystallized my memories of him. I remember him and the things our group of kids did much better than I remember other things at that age or later.  I can only imagine how well I would remember a kid who got kidnapped while I was supposed to be babysitting and my father was the main suspect. Wouldn't the average person be data mining their brain for clues and that reinforces the memory? Jane didn't just "stop being friends" or move away.  Her disappearance changed his childhood into a very traumatic place.

I suspect that we have not seen the last of David. 

• Love 4

Patterson will get a new boyfriend - Nic Cage!

Patterson:  Why do we have to steal the Declaration of Independence?

although since David is gone for the moment...

Edited by paigow
  • Love 2

Love how they talked about going into the town quietly. Yes, nothing says inconspicuous more than that huge, dark, government SUV. And then Jane steps out in a tank top full tats on display

I would have loved Zapata looking at Jane and, in her best Marisa Tomei, said, "Yeah, you blend."

The thing with David was that I was fine with him being a NerdMuffin and just super into puzzles and they were an itch he wanted to scratch. That's totally a relatable thing.  It was the pushiness and the whiny, pleading, cajoling that he did to stay around that put me totally off and got me hacked off. Well, that the writers allowed Patterson to be so not the thoughtful, Peter Pan-collared badass she is at work. 

I also get that David was supposed to be different in that he apparently had lots of similar likes/interests. He was cute and I initially liked how he made her smile.  It was the seemingly pushy "request" for a key to her apartment, despite her obvious reluctance. I hope, for Patterson, that he's just a lunk in that department. I think, though, that he may not be or he was so deaf to her warnings that Something Untoward may happen to him and get Patterson in trouble some more. (Of course, if that means Patterson and Jane in the field kicking ass in various ways, I'm okay with that.)

Then again I want Jane to help Zapata handle her betting problem, as opposed to Zapata's gambling problem. Any ladies out taking care of problems and danger is okay. Reade can come along to because his snark is fun. Kurt can deal with Europe while making a microwave burrito in the break room.

Then again I want Jane to help Zapata handle her betting problem, as opposed to Zapata's gambling problem.

And there in a nutshell is the biggest problem with their depiction of Jane. (Beyond her fear of everything she can't shoot.) She doesn't understand any human dynamics, so how can she help anybody on a non-shoot 'em up level? (Didn't have to be this way. That's all on the writers. She could have been more intuitive.)

Right now, her colleagues should be spending some of their off hours making sure she gets exposure to life. Could save a life some day, possibly their own. And might also make for compelling viewing. So how about one less firefight, and have them go grab some beers instead? Cheaper, too.

• Love 1

(Didn't have to be this way. That's all on the writers. She could have been more intuitive.)

Yes! If we buy into the premise that apparently she understands language still and muscle-memory or whatever it is when doing something is almost autonomic, then why not draw closer to the fellow female agent?  Yeah, Jane can still be "drawn" to Weller for some "inexplicable" reason(s), but maybe prefer to confide in Zapata, Mayfair and Patterson?  That way Reade can still be The Skeptic, but it seems less pissy, and the time in the field wouldn't be dominated by Weller/ Doe, but be a bit more inclusive. Reade can still be tempted because it's inane to put an amnesiac in the field with weapons. (Yes, Jane's supposed to be going through certification, but has the show actually updated the audience on how that is?)

Jane, from the jump, drawing closer to Zapata and Mayfair as female protectors and teachers could have opened up different flavored beats of what we got. Zapata and Mayfair's distrust tempered by spending time around Jane and seeing how much of a blank there is when she's not on a case. For all the "security" that the safehouse had, maybe a slightly nicer one with Zapata as a temporary roommate ( and/ or Mayfair) could be interesting.  The show isolates Jane from everyone or she is just with the team. There is no inbetween. 

That is detrimental to all of the field team, not just Jane. To have Jane ask Weller to pull into a fast food spot post incident or post-false lead, to his rumbly 'No" and Reade or Zapata piping up that they're hungry too. Or krimimimi's suggestion of a post-successful mission beer would be nice. (Maybe the team would have a glimmer of a clue about Zapata if they weren't so isolated from each other. Going to a sports bar after a mission, and Zapata continually drawn to a particular game might clue in Reade at least.) 

• Love 1

Not only that, everyone else was wearing a jacket. I kept thinking, "Taylor!Jane, you must be so COLD!" Then the next scene, she had the grey hoodie on.

But if they had Jane interacting more with Zapata and Patterson, how would the show still be about Weller's manpain? Isn't that the foundation all successful Action/Adventure is built upon?

Well for starters, it would be a more interesting one.

But if they had Jane interacting more with Zapata and Patterson, how would the show still be about Weller's manpain? Isn't that the foundation all successful Action/Adventure is built upon?

Well, shoot, no wonder Sleepy Hollow suffers in the ratings.  More CFD (Crane Family Drama -- the major source of m anpain in season 2) stat!

• Love 1

Not only that, everyone else was wearing a jacket. I kept thinking, "Taylor!Jane, you must be so COLD!" Then the next scene, she had the grey hoodie on.

If I had to spend multitudes of hours in makeup having the tats applied, I'd insist on wearing tank tops even in Antarctica. Freeze to death? Maybe. But a person's gotta stand for some thing. And "I'm going to show off my ink, damn it" is a thing.

Edited by TWP
  • Love 1

Well, shoot, no wonder Sleepy Hollow suffers in the ratings.  More CFD (Crane Family Drama -- the major source of m anpain in season 2) stat!

That's exactly what happened.

Or krimimimi's suggestion of a post-successful mission beer would be nice....

They could go to Molly's in Chicago Fire and have Dawson decode all the tattoos...because Dawson is obviously the key.

• Love 1

Right now, her colleagues should be spending some of their off hours making sure she gets exposure to life. Could save a life some day, possibly their own. And might also make for compelling viewing. So how about one less firefight, and have them go grab some beers instead? Cheaper, too.

Weller explicitly invited her to come out and socialize with the team some time, and she refused. She doesn't want to hang out with them, and even he's not comfortable with trying to pressure her to after the way dinner with his family went.

Weller explicitly invited her to come out and socialize with the team some time, and she refused. She doesn't want to hang out with them, and even he's not comfortable with trying to pressure her to after the way dinner with his family went.

Given how I feel about Weller and SS, I guess I was thinking Jane and anyone/everyone but Weller. But you're right. There was some effort on his part. But that dinner was entirely self-serving for his family, and he has become weirdly remote and grouchy since (while still being oddly obsessed. it's disquieting.).

Last we saw, she was looking for somebody (non-Weller) to hang with, and coming up empty.

• Love 1

She's looking for somebody non-team, not just non-Weller, is my point. Her phrasing was something to the effect of not feeling comfortable socializing with people who've been spending all day analyzing scans of her body. (Which is a shame, because it means Patterson is the one she'd feel the most uncomfortable around and oh my God could they be fun together.) The problem is that they're the only "safe" people she has right now, and I totally sympathize with the FBI's reluctance to let her try and seek company elsewhere.

Which is a shame, because it means Patterson is the one she'd feel the most uncomfortable around and oh my God could they be fun together.) The problem is that they're the only "safe" people she has right now, and I totally sympathize with the FBI's reluctance to let her try and seek company elsewhere.

I want her and Patterson to go on the lam together.  Let's say, they got accused of blowing up Grand Central Terminus, and Weller could accuse therm of shooting him (in order to help prove their innocence) and Jane & Patterson could run away and start accusing everybody else of doing it...

But there would have to be a lot of gratuitous sex going on all the time, and I mean a lot!

• Love 1

I want her and Patterson to go on the lam together. Let's say, they got accused of blowing up Grand Central Terminus, and Weller could accuse therm of shooting him (in order to help prove their innocence) and Jane & Patterson could run away and start accusing everybody else of doing it...

But there would have to be a lot of gratuitous sex going on all the time, and I mean a lot!

it would never work, because there is no way Jane's hair would ever deserve it's own billing.

Except possibly as a bit part for a guest star in an adversarial role...

What exactly did NerdGirl do wrong by sharing Jane's tattoos with her (now ex) boyfriend? Jane is not a classified document! Sure, the tattoos might suggest terrorist involvement (...somehow) but the existence of the tattooed woman is (presumably) no secret, so anyone could be working to crack the tattoos... but the FBI would prefer to limit the number of brains they might bring to solve the mystery for some reason. Hell, maybe if they farmed out decoding the tats they'd have time to work out who could be behind the Grand Conspiracy and why they chose to inform the FBI in such an indirect manner!

Netfoot an entire m*th*rf*ck*ng helicopter was parked under a tree for godnoze how long, and none of the Jed Clampetts spotted it while out 'c*** huntin' or looking for a cell tower to sell?

It's almost like they're deliberately trolling the FBI. I'd flove it if the resolution of the mystery behind Jane was purely as a distraction from their real plan to rob Fort Knox (or whatever)!

krimimimi Jane's fear/stupidity ([trembles] & "do you know me?" god! please leave her home if that's how she thinks she should conduct herself in the field.) continue to annoy

I wish they'd cut the five minutes of awkward looks between Jane & Weller and dedicate those five minutes to actually looking into the overarching mystery, because that is actually vaguely intriguing.

paigow  Patterson:  Why do we have to steal the Declaration of Independence?

History, man, history![/National Treasure]